Justice League

>Justice League
>The film was originally planned to be a two parter according to Chris Terrio's script with the early drafts of the first part ending in the death of Superman. However Zack Snyder made the decision to move the death up to the events of Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice. This was a heavily criticized decision by both studio heads and producers Charles Roven and Christopher Nolan.

>The dynamic of the league is said to be very unique for each character. Batman being a strategist for example and Flash as a sweeper. Early reports indicate Aquaman as the "Tank" of the team clearing out large groups. This could be part of the studios plans to try and undo any reputation Aquaman has as a dweeb. Cyborg, due to his association with the mother boxes is deemed the "Secret weapon" in early drafts

>The first third of the movie has Aquaman refuse to join the League, this is done both to establish unique relations amongst the league and to set up some of the world for the Aquaman standalone. Aquaman respects Flash for his bravery, assists Cyborg recognizing his feeling as a "fish out of water" in Earths society, learns to co-operate with Batman but vehemently dislikes Wonder Woman.

>Superman has a subplot of him trying to return to the world of the living. This is said to climax in a "Very upbeat" way.

>The opening of the film is a big epic battle with people of earth, Atlantis and Themyscira fighting to overthrow the forces of the "Darkside" of the universe led by a nameless warlord. Upon repelling their forces. They realize that the tools of the army, the mother boxes, are dangerous and so each forces take one and hides it away. Dissension forms between each group with the relationship between the Atlanteans and the Amazonians most affected.

>Justice League contd.
>Arthur Curry was raised away from Atlantis in a small village (The same village he brings fish to) and resents the earth people for letting people like his village suffer and polluting the waters.

>Willem Dafoe's character of Vulko is an elderly advisor and father figure to Aquaman who fought in the milleniums old war. He knows that the hatred towards the amazonians is wrong but feels that he can't say anything about it as many in Atlantis contribute the death of the previous King to the conduct of the Amazonians.

> Additionally Amy Adams, Jesse Eisenberg, Jeremy Irons , Diane Lane, JK Simmons, Amber Herd, Joe Morton and Alfred Molina all have minor roles in the movie as Lois Lane, Lex Luthor, Alfred, Marth Kent, Mera, Silas Stone and Will Magnus respectively.

>The role of Steppenwolf is being played by various stunt men in motion capture. The character voice is being shipped by various actors with a suitable voice. As of this writing, Bruce Dern is the top pick and has entered advanced talks. Ed Harris and Christopher Plummer were also contenders.

>There were early plans for two more JL movies, one with Darkseid and one with Braniac (Renamed Vril Dox) however the latter is being formed as the basis for the Man of Steel sequel reported to be in development. George Miller is targeted to direct. Early in the development, Warner Bros considered that George Miller "owed them" for allowing him to make Mad Max: Fury Road due to its subpar box office and the gamble of the Rated R action film. However the recent oscar victories that the film scored has quieted that attitude.

>Wonder Woman
>Wonder Woman will feature Danny Huston and Elena Anaya as villains Ares and Circe respectively. Ares is the god of war whose power has dwindled as a result of nobody believing in the greek gods any more so he conspires with the sorceress Circe to make World War I happen. Circe is scarred by Ares and is secretly conspiring to destroy him and all the Amazonians.

>Studio heads are said to be a lot more happy with Geoff Johns and Allan Heinbergs screenplay than that of Jason Fuchs who lost a lot of support after his screenplay for Pan drew a lot of criticisms.

>There is said to be concern over the limitation of Chris Pines role in Wonder Woman, while many do consider his role to be substantial enough and not overshadowing Gal Gadot, studios ideally want him back for more movies due to his star power. Studios have traditionally cast actors with prestige but not necessarily drawing power for their past movies (The exception being Eisenberg who will be back) looking at actors such as Cara Delevigne and Michael Shannon (Who was fresh off of acclaimed performances) as villains or Russel Crowe and most likely Connie Nielson in the parental roles.

>The studio is said to be angry over the open letter and claim that most of it is no longer true and that various changes have been made from when that employee worked at Warner Bros.

Given myself a temp name

>The Flash
>The Studio is said to be ecstatic with the altered screenplay by Rick Famuyiwa and feels that it demonstrates a youthful vibe that is "as good as but substantively different" to that of the television show.

>Reverse Flash is the villain as a steve jobs type who is quickly dying and taps into the speedforce to increase his motabilism and potentially recover faster. His sickness is said to be breaking down his body faster than his body can repair it. Upon entering the speedforce, he loses his mind due to the instability. The studio is looking at Adam Driver to play the villain due to his similar looks to Ezra Miller enhancing the reverse element. However the studio don't want to make it seem like they are piggybacking off of his role as Kylo Ren.

>Captain Cold was considered as an early character however studios have moved away from that idea.

>Aquaman
>Director James Wan chose this movie over Flash as he wanted to explore Lovecraftian horror in an alternate way.

>Early drafts had ocean master as the villain potentially played by Keanu Reeves partially due to his hawaiian heritage and noticeable physique differences to that of Momoa. Now however Black Manta is slated to be the villain with no actor attached. Michael K Williams and Michael Jai White have both expressed public desires for the role but the studio is looking for a more bankable name and are looking at Idris Elba (Currently impossible due to his Marvel Contract), Andre Holland (Who may be tied up to his television commitments to Cinemax original series, The Knick (Which is currently awaiting renewal), David Oyelowo (Which looks highly unlikely due to his public comments to only doing prestige films), Nate Parker (Who's recent rape allegations has caused interest to drop), Mahershala Ali (Whose interest has dwindled due to his role on Netflix's Luke Cage however his potential oscar campaign this year for "Moonlight" may change that.) and the described "Long shot" of Denzel Washington.

>Atlantis is apparently seen as not underwater but hidden underwater as the studios were struggling to conceive how the kingdom would look completely submerged in water.

Neat, even if they are fake

Adam Driver would be fucking awesome

>There is said to be concern over the limitation of Chris Pines role in Wonder Woman, while many do consider his role to be substantial enough and not overshadowing Gal Gadot, studios ideally want him back for more movies due to his star power.

NNNOOOoooooooo

>Green Lantern Corps
>Several different veteran directors such as Rain Johnson, Alfonso Cuaron and Duncan Jones were shopped for the movie but it appears that James Ward Byrkit may be the new favourite. His strong work with a limited budget is also noted from the indy film "coherence"

>The idea of casting a well known actor as Hal Jordan to unceremoniously kill him off and return him as the Parallax was discussed. The studio want a well known "good guy" actor for the role so the shock of that person as a villain is that much stronger. Tom Cruise is one name thrown around along with Ewan McGregor and Brad Pitt

>Saoirse Ronan, Ben Foster, Naveen Andrews
and Michael Ealy are the names thrown around for the green lantern corps for the roles of Soranik Natu, Kyle Rayner, Simon Baz and John Stewart with the latter as the lead who will eventually join the JL.

>The Batman
>Ben Afflecks willingness to both direct and write the movie is apparently reflective of his attitude to Batman. While upset about the critical reception of BvS, the acclaimed actor, screenwriter and director apparently enjoyed playing Batman and appreciated the heavy fan support he received. However he's not willing to start work on the film until he writes a script that he is happy with.

>The studio apparently sees the film as a potential oscar winner and as a means to "one up" Disney.

>Jared Leto is apparently "All but officially confirmed" for the project. This makes sense as early word is that the villains of the movie are Joker and "another well known rogue". Some rumors are suggesting Black Mask but there is no basis for this.

>The death of Robin and how this has affected the relationship between Joker and Batman will be explored

>JK Simmons and Jeremy Irons are attached also.

>The film is said to not have any love interest or any major female character at this moment. This is due to interest in analyzing the "Twisted romance" of Batman and Joker as inspired by Scott Snyder, Grant Morrison and Alan Moore's writings.

I get not wanting to copy the show but could they not have at least used an actual RF? Daniel would have worked

>Other projects
>"Blue and Gold" is currently said to be on the backburner however this still hasn't stopped names for casting and directors being thrown around. The studio feels that Greg Berlanti, like with Michael Grahme Smith for "Flash", lacks the experience for directing a big budget movie but will stay as producer. Ben Stiller was at one point, suggested to star and direct as Blue Beetle. Terry Zwigoff was also a suggestion. Michael Dowse was considered for a while also. Last discussions had Ben Wishaw, Jack O'Connell, Jack Reynor, Will Poulter or Casey Affleck to play Ted Kord while Collin Farrell, Ewan McGregor, Bob Odenkirk or Clive Owen were discussed for Booster Gold. Bill Paxton and '

>Justice League Dark is considered dead with the advent of the animated movie version coming out instead.

>The Shazam movie is said to be a lot closer to be finalised with Shawn Levy the favourite to direct. Levy was a less popular choice after the studio heads wanted directors who had made more well received movies. As a result, Sam Raimi was the studios discussed name however the studios have paid particular attention to Levy's work on Stranger Things and ideally want the feeling and aestethic of an 80's movie with Shazam.

>Early ideas of a Deathstroke movie have died down significantly. The popular idea is that David Ayer will put Deathstroke as the villain for the next Suicide Squad alongside the criminal organisation Onslaught. Early word had Ed Harris as the popular choice to play the head of the terrorist cell however Harris was also a name thrown around for the role of Steppenwolf.

That's all I have for now. will answer any questions if i can.

Is your dad a Warner brother?

The DC universe will already crumble after Justice League
>Introducing characters before their own movie is released
>Lost a shit ton of confidence with audiences after BvS and SS
>Needs around a billion dollars to be considered successful

Already predicting this will make less than BvS and cancel many future projects

Lol there's no fucking way the mass casual audience will buy into Speed Force shit.

I know us comic fans are used to it but it sounds so unbelievably stupid and implausible to normal folks.

>The idea of casting a well known actor as Hal Jordan to unceremoniously kill him off and return him as the Parallax was discussed. The studio want a well known "good guy" actor for the role so the shock of that person as a villain is that much stronger. Tom Cruise is one name thrown around along with Ewan McGregor and Brad Pitt

Yeah...that'll work...

>The studio is looking at Adam Driver to play the villain
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
The Mouse will never let Ben come play at WB. What a pack of idiots.

Liking the sound of this. While i am interested in more of DCCU stuff in general i am an unapologetic Batfag and i am on this train for a Batman film.

Affleck is a damned good screen writer and director, and i think he has a great chance of one upping Nolan's Bat films. Also looking forward to seeing more of Leto Joker. He got shafted with the SS, frankly. You can't have the goddamned Joker as some side character barely in the fucking film.

Hopefully a flash back of him and Harley beating the shit out of Jason

>Geoff
>allowing his Husbando to die
kek

>Ben Stiller was at one point, suggested to star and direct as Blue Beetle
Please never, ever happen ever. I'd prefer nothing.

>Bob Odenkirkc as Booster Gold
wat
What the fuck is up with the age ranges for this?

>Bill Paxton and '
What did he mean by this?

>Stranger Things
Oh shit, I forgot he worked on that. Maybe we won't even have to age up Billy to a teenager if they can get Mike from it.

Did you forget the the show exists? They mention the speedforce a the time.

>>Lost a shit ton of confidence with audiences after BvS and SS
You do realize that SS was a success and is still number one at the box office right?

I know Ezra and Johns want it but what is the likelyhood of a Speed Force cameo of Grant Gustin Barry?

Why not have John Stewart be the protagonist of Green Lantern Corps and introduce Hal as Parallax?

All wrong

youre an idiot

>"Blue and Gold" is currently said to be on the backburner however this still hasn't stopped names for casting and directors being thrown around. The studio feels that Greg Berlanti, like with Michael Grahme Smith for "Flash", lacks the experience for directing a big budget movie but will stay as producer. Ben Stiller was at one point, suggested to star and direct as Blue Beetle. Terry Zwigoff was also a suggestion. Michael Dowse was considered for a while also. Last discussions had Ben Wishaw, Jack O'Connell, Jack Reynor, Will Poulter or Casey Affleck to play Ted Kord while Collin Farrell, Ewan McGregor, Bob Odenkirk or Clive Owen were discussed for Booster Gold. Bill Paxton and '

Sorry forgot to finish this. Bill Paxton and Ben Mendolhson were considered for Jarvis Korde, the films villain.

Because that's pretty much what's happening except Hals getting a backstory. Making him Parallax from the start just makes him another boring, run of the mill villain without the fall.

>Alfred Molina

They have Doctor Octopus too?

Because that is a good idea and we are talking about WB here.

Well it doesnt really have any competition

It's on track to making 650-700 Million which is below expectations considering that movie was marketed for almost a year and was expected to make TDK money

It's been legitimately discussed to have Grant have a very brief appearance. They really want the movie to be fun.

Fair point.

It just seems that whenever high budget movies try to have the protagonist become the villain in the same movie------it doesn't often work out that well.

Introducing Hal as Parallax from John's point of view could leave the door open for Hal's own origin story referenced in future movies.

So after all this revelation, please cite your sauce

Yeah, which they got to slowly unveil over 2 years. Barry Allen should be lightning and chemicals. Save the Speed Force once people are accustomed to your zany shit.

You can't fit the lunacy of the Speed Force into a 2 hour film and have people do anything but think it was stupid.

This is how it will play out
>Wonder Woman will be "meh" at best but will ultimately get slaughtered by the competition given the release date(Pirates sequel, Bad Boys 3, Kingsman sequel)
>A good portion of JL's crowd by that time will be burnt out, but still will have a decent opening weekend given the premise/name alone. Second weekend will have considerable drop given BvS levels of mishandling
>Both films will be butchered in the editing room thanks to WB suits trying to "fix" them
>The future of the DCEU will be put in question after JL's release.
Not saying I want this to happen but WB needs to unfuck themselves fast. Regardless of your opinion of these movies, THEY arent happy with the money theyre making

jesus this looks terribly planned out

I really feel like they should just work with what they have in the pipeline now, let Affleck make his movie as a standalone however he wants, then just completely re start the DCEU.

Make a DC Studios.

Have all the projects planned from the start.

Maybe even drop Justice League for Justice Society (still serious but more down to earth) or Justice League International (comedic)

But didnt WB already create a DC Studios?

maybe we can actually get some good movies going in a decade or two

I believe there is a "DC Films" thing now.

THIS

Sauce or gtfo

Complete bullshit
Maybe but that wasn't the point i was making. People trying to paint it as some flop are seriously deluded.

Oh so NOW we ask for source?

not really

and only AFTER the first few movies worked out kind of shit for building on and didnt do gangbusters, and they looked at marvel all "shit what ideas can we steal to make this work"

im beginning to think the whole DC cinimatic universe plan was something cooked up by the execs as "Tab Clear" was by Coca Cola to anhiliate the chances of Crystal Pepsi

just run the idea of superhero movies into the ground so Marvel cant succeed, making some profit where you can, then rule the ashes

warner brothers cant be that incompetent can they?

Its not a flop, but it isnt making the money WB hoped nor predicted. Its not a terrible movie, but perhaps the best example of mediocre you can find. Really I think a lot of people are being harsh on it because we really wanted a home run after 2 messy installments

Dont look at me user.
I just entered the discussion
I was surprised only one dude asked for source before me

They put out Pan. They ARE that incompetent

the main problem with it I heard is the marketing isnt going so well

most money for movies like this normaly comes from branded side shit, not even just toys, but clothing and tshirts, homewear, mobile games and all that shit

and the movies failed to get a huge fan following of kids willing to get their parents to buy shit or mad fans who buy everything, which is how this kinda movie tends to make big bank

and other than video games (which is being worked on with promising results) marvel IS managing to do that

OP YOU SON OF A BITCH GIVE YOUR SOURCE

Even if this entire thread is based on lies you should've seen this coming. Thanks to Star Trek Chris Pine is slightly more of a well known name than Gal Gadot; and Steve Trevor has always had a weird place in that if you make him too deep or interesting a character he risks spinning off.

Jesus. What a trainwreck.

>The studio apparently sees the film as a potential oscar winner and as a means to "one up" Disney.

>What a trainwreck
> nothing finalized.
>Script not even finished
>still working out what actors/ directors to use
>trainwreck

These are likely all based on how plebby the name dropping is.

Like, all the actors and directors listed are all popular as fuck.

Just because Affleck signed on, it doesn't mean they'll be hordes of Oscar winners in the DCEU.
Bin al Fleqqi is just a nerd.

>Its not a flop, but it isnt making the money WB hoped nor predicted.

More meme accounting i see.
>lolz it needs to make 400 quintilion to break even, yo!

Just stop. Admit it did better than you wanted it to and movie on...

>want the feeling and aestethic of an 80's movie with Shazam.
Fuck, this sounds great

The image honestly made me kek

Michael Jai White would make an excellent Black Manta

>>More meme accounting i see.
>>lolz it needs to make 400 quintilion to break even, yo!
But he's got a point.

Movies cost more than money.
They cost time.

A studio can only make so many movies a year. When they put in 100 million + into a movie, they expect more than just enough to break even.
They want the movie they do make to make more money than any other potential movie they could have made.

This is how big businesses work. They don't just judge based on cost but also on potential lost profit.

Or how about stop being such a defensive asshat and show me the numbers.

>>The idea of casting a well known actor as Hal Jordan to unceremoniously kill him off and return him as the Parallax was discussed. The studio want a well known "good guy" actor for the role so the shock of that person as a villain is that much stronger. Tom Cruise is one name thrown around along with Ewan McGregor and Brad Pitt

A great idea ruined by Geoff Johns.

Let me guess, the rejection of this is why we have to wait 4 more years?

>Ares is the god of war whose power has dwindled as a result of nobody believing in the greek gods any more

Theme possibly connected to the Sandman?

We have to wait 4+ years because of how bad BvS performed critically and how underwhelming it was at the box office.

If it was a huge success, WB would fast track their movies.
But now they're having a "wait and see" for how WW and JL does

It's fake.

He even borrowed stuff from other fake leaks instead of having the decency to come up with his own lies.

You don't have google? I mean i looked it up at least. You just came in repeating what you heard some other idiot here say.

>Cant be bothered to cite a source
>Doing exactly what Im being accused of
Look I'll fully admit I was incorrect if you post the numbers but get off your fucking high horse and heres a (You)

>mfw WB will kill comic book movies again like they did with Batman and Robin

>but vehemently dislikes Wonder Woman.
Ugh, why?

I've always liked it better when they respected one another. They absolutely should. They're both royals who know all about navigating political landscapes.

I have no idea how WB is still in business.
Look at their films in the last 10 years.
Vast majority are flops, with some being megabombs.

Because she's Amazonian.
DCEU Atlanteans hate Amazons.

Probably because they're gonna have them both be Kryptonian descendents from that Arctic colony ship.
The men went underwater to hide from humans and the women stayed on land in rule.
Or something

I'm not going to watch this is theatres. I'm sick of getting fucked in the ass by Zack Snyder.

>>The role of Steppenwolf is being played by various stunt men in motion capture.
Well fuck me sideways. They're going to make him all demonic looking aren't they?

>>There were early plans for two more JL movies, one with Darkseid and one with Braniac (Renamed Vril Dox) however the latter is being formed as the basis for the Man of Steel sequel reported to be in development. George Miller is targeted to direct.
I do like the sound of this however, but WB should really get him to make a New Gods movie as well.

>DCEU Atlanteans hate Amazons.
Yeah I put two and two together after reading the rest of that post. Eh.

>Probably because they're gonna have them both be Kryptonian descendents from that Arctic colony ship.
God I fucking hope not.

>They're going to make him all demonic looking aren't they?
Of course.
Did you think they'd go full Kirby and make them transparent shadows of Earth stereotypes?

This whole "George Miller directing a DCEU movie" is just a fucking reddit meme based on how much they loved Fury Road.

Same thing with Cuaron with the GL movie.

Just reddit wishful thinking.

That's the Las Vegas Strip. I hate those guys.

It just feels wrong. It's like making a spinoff about------I don't know-----Tony's ex-girlfriend in Iron Man 3.

If you want to make a movie or series on supporting characters or D-list characters/heroes from a previous movie and you can make it work----fantastic. Legends, AoS, and even the proto-Defenders are proof that those types of spinoffs are not only viable, but a very good idea for exploring concepts the movies can't or won't address. But Steve Trevor never really was anything more than Diana's love interest in that era.

>This whole "George Miller directing a DCEU movie" is just a fucking reddit meme based on how much they loved Fury Road.

No you dumbass, Miller is currently a producer in WB and he was the director of the 2011 Justice league movie that was frozen

>Did you think they'd go full Kirby and make them transparent shadows of Earth stereotypes?
I just fucking wish we'd get the New Gods as they actually are on film for once. Holy fucking shit. Fuck Hollywood.

>This whole "George Miller directing a DCEU movie" is just a fucking reddit meme based on how much they loved Fury Road.
Nah, just based on Fury Road, I genuinely think he could make a great New Gods movie. Like, the tone of it all isn't entirely removed from what makes the New Gods what they are. And he uses really weird names for his characters like Jack Kirby did. In all honesty, I really feel like Immortan Joe was already practically Darkseid. Just get that same actor for Darky, get Miller to direct a New Gods movie, set it up for a future JL movie and you're good to go.

They also had Wolfgang Peterson for a Batman v. Superman movie.
Though the script sounded terrible, that's still the guy who made "Das Boot", which is leaps and bounds above anything Snyder ever farted out.

>Parallax Cruise, McGregor or Pitt
That would be the oddest thing ever.

>I just fucking wish we'd get the New Gods as they actually are on film for once.
Really?
I know they're Kirby and all but... They're really kinda terrible, especially the Apokalyptan side

>DeSaad
>Virman Vunderbar
>Granny Goodness

How do you sell these characters? All they're going to do is get laughs

Let's not forget the Black Racer. Because if any of your characters are in any danger, a negro on skis is going to be around.

>Miller is currently a producer in WB

Which is irrelevant.

>he was the director of the 2011 Justice league movie that was frozen

Which he only agreed to direct to boost Australia's economy.

guys my uncle in warners brothers

spiderman confirmed

>I know they're Kirby and all but... They're really kinda terrible
They're great.

>How do you sell these characters? All they're going to do is get laughs
By embracing how completely weird it all is instead of acting like you're ashamed of them.

You can have an actor say "Granny Goodness" with fear in their voice all you want, it's just going to end up with another Leto Joker scenario where it's just funny, and not in a good way

Honestly, just get Michael Jai White. Perfect casting.

and fuck them for not showing Atlantis underwater. What's the point, then?

>something looks like shit
>can't say it looks like shit because it isn't set in stone yet
Go fuck yourself. People who think like you are probaly why DC Films are the shitshow that it currently is.

What of the reverse ? Having Ezra show up on CW to hype of the movie and keep him fresh in the audience minds.

Like it's fucking weird we got casting and picks years before his first apearcne and even longer before his movie.

Nigga, it's Granny fucking Goodness. The name itself may be seemingly ridiculous, but that woman will torture and abuse you "with love" so that you may dedicate your life, your entire being to the establishment of Darkseid. She's rather frightening, to be honest.

DC is literally finished

Too bad WB is incompetent and will all be shit

>It's like making a spinoff about------I don't know-----Tony's ex-girlfriend in Iron Man 3.
Its like Sony trying to make an Aunt May spinoff. And it not being Trouble

>>The death of Robin and how this has affected the relationship between Joker and Batman will be explored
This confirms that they were/are fucking

These threads are classic just because they give a look at how your typical Sup Forums attention whoring autist thinks Hollywood works.

"Warner Bros considered that George Miller 'owed them'" for allowing him to make Mad Max" top lel give me a break

Snyder is the best fit for a New Gods movie, they will really fuck up if he isnt the one to get the director chair.
The guyis perfect for Oniric fantasy looking stuff, and he will not shy away from divinity, godhood, high concepts and all that.

>Snyder is the best fit for a New Gods movie
Holy fucking shit.

This is an actual opinion on Sup Forums.

Let that sink in.

InB4 The Mobius Chair is replaced with The Mobius Cross

Snyder is the best fit for taking a nap on railroad tracks

>The film is said to not have any love interest or any major female character at this moment.
Good.

>This is due to interest in analyzing the "Twisted romance" of Batman and Joker as inspired by Scott Snyder, Grant Morrison and Alan Moore's writings.
Bad.

I finally caved in and went and saw Suicide Squad and if this whole Snyderverse debacle has taught me anything, it's that we need to appreciate editing more.
It can make or break a film and both BvS and SS suffer greatly from being cut like shit.
(Although BvS still is a bloated, badly scripted mess, even in the extended cut).

WB needs to stop hiring meme directors and stars and concentrate on adequate pre- and postproduction.