Retro Culture

So I am old enough to remember the 90s.
And I am aware that 90s retro is in vogue now.
So some things have been playing on my mind of late.
Are SJWs, BLM, the DNC Chaos, & EDM just fashion?

I remember in the early 90s there was another retro, that of 60s retro. People were wearing Tie-Dye shirts, JL Sunglasses, everyone wanted to save the whales, and protest corporate pollution & everyone was swearing off meat because a Vegetarian Diet was 'superior'. I look around and I see just that in malls, movies, schools, and on the internet.

Every girl I knew made a point to say she was 'bi-sexual', and would get drunk and make-out with her friend, but it seemed like an attention-getting exercise.

Is BLM just a retro-fashion reboot of the Black Panthers? Was the Choas at the DNC this year just a retro-fashion nod to the '68 DNC?
Are SJWs just Hipsters trying to look cool, like they have a social conscience, but really they don't believe anything they are saying they are just trying to be cool and stay up-to-date with fashion?

Is EDM just a retro-reboot of House & Techno? I see outdoor Raves are back with a vengeance, which I used to go to in the early & mid-90s. And as for Dub-Step, it sounds an awful lot to me like 'Jungle'.

In summary are all these people we hate on Sup Forums just uber fashion junkies? And in a year or 2 they will flip to being the next cool thing, and dismiss all of their pan-sexual, equal-pay, BLM bullshit, as just a phase, or deny it entirely?
I think what is bothering me is that all these kids a playing it like they are original, at least when we ripped off previous fashion from the 60s & 70s we acknowledged it. And we didn't go around protesting crap just because it made us look cool.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9kvdfPDDgzk
youtube.com/watch?v=f-ywo5WUNyU
youtube.com/watch?v=eRntqD3QsXw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

What the hell is EDM? Like Eurodance and shit?

Its possible.

Then again I'm not sure some of the finer points are the same. I'm not sure it was ok back then to openly promote violence against white people, or to generally denigrate white people in public like its ok to do now. Maybe you remember differently though.

Electronic Dance Music.
The kinda music, all MTV stars just sing over the top of.

Think about Black Live Matter.
I remember the LA Riots clearly. "Old Whitey gotta die because he beatin' on us."
As for the Watts Riots, "Old Whitey gotta die because he beatin' on us."

Sounds the same to me.

White cops have been beating down the African Americans for years but now there are violent protests just like Watts (60s) & the LA Riots (90s)

But what about the pervasiveness of anti-whiteness in popular culture? Its everywhere in modern media. What it really on the same scale back then?

It just seems like a lot of these grass-roots happenings & protests are appearing right on que.
Its weird.

These gays from the 90s protesting could be protesting right now.

Yes
>pic related

Google's telling me it's used pretty much exactly how the term "techno" used to be used back in the 90s, before everyone got picky about how the term referred to more than club music.

If you consider white men (specifically) to be 'the Man', that sounds an awful lot like the 60s to me. Don't get me wrong I understand that protests happen all the time, but the theme seems to be the same when its in fashion.
This pic looks identical to BLM now, even the signs are the same.

Exactly, so music gets retro'd, fashion gets retro'd. It seems like all these SJWs movements BLMs & Women's rights groups are being retro'd right on que. Women's studies and SNAGs (Sensitive New-Age Guys) are back too.

So is it all bullshit? We're just in a culture loop?

It's a natural evolution of 90s tokenism, when media tried to represent as many races as possible in order to be progressive. Anti-white sentiment is forced equality taken to its logical extreme: There are too many white people and not enough minorities everywhere, not just on TV, so they need to be eliminated.

How about inter-racial dating.
It was in fashion to date outside your race in the 60s, it went away in the 70s & 80s. Came back in the 90s, went away again and now its hip to date a black guy.
Are these girls just fashion slaves?

'68 DNC looks an awful lot like this years DNC.

Were people actually pissed? Or is it cool to go and protest just like the 60s?

I'm off the opinion that hipster bullshit like not shaving, riding bikes, growing your own food, shopping at thrift stores etc. Is more an expression of an economic downturn than like a lifestyle choice to be cool. Cucked by Marx. Yaaass, though political movements really are as superficial as fashion. Also fashion is not fucking art.

What you and most of /pol do not seem to understand thinking about it as a simple fashion code is that it leaves real consequences.
For example: the interracial marriages declines the birth rate or the whites and in the long term you'll be doomed.
So it does not really matter if the trend goes away, the consequences stay.

is op just a faggot?

Well that's leaping a little bit. I do get that, my point though is the choice is a fashion-statement. Rather than true-love.

Take for example the immigration trend in Europe. Once people get tired of all the shit they are going through, they will not get rid of the consequences without a genocide. And a genocide that large would not be possible anymore I guess.

But that sounds exactly like hippy culture. Which was rebooted in the 90s when everything went eco & organic. It too went away but now we're back again.

And beards & longa hair were big in the 60s & 90s too.

People were poor just like always but no one grew a beard just because they couldn't afford to shave. And most long haired guys with beards still have enough money for the latest cell phone.

These guys look like modern hipsters

I think you're a little off topic bro. I'm asking if current social trends (BLM etc), are just fashion statements.

Does this guy really care? Or does he want all of his friends and followers to think he does. Why the need for a selfie?

I miss 90's , and love the retro music.

>Home-Resonance

thats a breddy good point amigo. Thouhj, as another user said, it may pass but the consequences surely won't.

another way of seeing it is that people have become so /comfy/ that societal issues and politics, arguably some of the most consequential and important discourses in a civilization, are now on the same tier as trends and fashion.

or another way of thinking about it is that politics is now entirely in the realm of memes as this is the only way many people can keep up with such discourses as they are becoming increasingly complicated and surrounded and often obscured by the overabundance of information that people are exposed to in this day and age

Well put. So all the SJWs we piss on here, are just disconnected dipshits. They don't really know what they're saying, and are just rebelling against the perceived oppressive systems. I like how all these OG SJWs 3rd Wave feminists are hanging up their boots saying " I am no longer a feminist because..."
Gotta stay ahead of the trends right?

youtube.com/watch?v=9kvdfPDDgzk

Unfortunately people were splatting the line "I miss 80's , and love the retro music." all over their Face Book feed just 10 years ago.
Now people are splatting it on their Twitter feed.
Its just fashion.

Actually still listening 90's music kinda comfy and nostalgic while seeing the new gen of retards and cucks

So why the "miss" part? Why miss what never left?

>2016
It did, i am in denial , i miss when i could turn on the tv and still watch black humor shows and dont create "trendings" biggotry and so on bs, try to make any black people joke in public and will be socially death , just giving an example , also faggots everywhere on women dresses

>tfw this fragmented english Mexican post sums up the degenerative zeitgeist of Western civilization in 2016.

>Is EDM just a retro-reboot of House & Techno? I see outdoor Raves are back with a vengeance, which I used to go to in the early & mid-90s. And as for Dub-Step, it sounds an awful lot to me like 'Jungle'.

Everythings a retro boot of everything. When you figure it out, you'll know. Some early 20s wreckheads coming about now think that dubstep - future garage was some sort of magical era like rave in the 90s and they just missed out by 5 years.

MUSIC VIDEO:
youtube.com/watch?v=f-ywo5WUNyU

LIVE SHOW:
youtube.com/watch?v=eRntqD3QsXw

Yes that is Vicky from Bodger and Badger. I have news for them. They didn't miss a God damn thing.

But the 90s was when PC started, it hadn't taken hold, but fuck if every building didn't have a newly installed ramp for the one cunt in a wheel chair who stayed at home most days.

Looks and sounds just like every millennial female popstar now. Gyrating in high waist shorts like Miley Cyrus to a beat made on a computer.
No point mentioning her Vanilla Ice Haircut

Keep going my aussie friend.
>nothing fucking fit on a diskette, need a CD

Yeah country ID Fail.
Using your logic you must be in El Salvador?

Nice pic, but I'm not Australian, try looking for the flag fucknuts

Yeah my bad, didnt look closely, sorry Frodo

No problemo

Thanks.
As i were saying i actually liked retro culture, good music, no war on terror, no gay marriages, less divorces, good games

It was good. But Organic food and neck beards were everywhere. And nobody wore shoes!!!

> And nobody wore shoes!!!

I didnt know about