Your kids are being brainwashed

Just a reminder that your kids will be forced to read this book and be taught to think Blacks are oppressed and do NO harm.

read the sequel
Atticus is hella racist
it'll undo the damage of reading the first book

Jesus Christ, whats worse is we had to read Roll of Thunder Hear My Cry, and and a bunch of other nigger books in high school. That was close to 20 years ago. I cant imagine the brainwashing currently happening in literature classes now.

Implying the kids will remember what was on the page they read the day before with their 7 second attention spans

>forced to read Toni Morrison shit like Beloved

Christ almighty that was a pointless book

Hunger Games is propaganda, too.

So is Lord of the Flies.

So is Crime and Punishment.

Implying that shit doesn't stay with impressionable minds forever, especially the dumb female minds

ha.....ha.....

Back in high school we read this book and did nothing with it, it was over in two days. It didn't help that I had a white male English teacher who had been robbed by a Nigger the week before though

We had to read "The Cay", and "1984". One is now used as a user manual for the government.

I think the biggest reminder is the failure of american education in the area of reading comprehension.

TKAM has much less to do with the oppression of blacks, but the telling of a story about how important it is to uphold the true purpose of the legal system, and that every man should get squarely represented.

Atticus is a racist (which is fine by the way, tons of people are) and believed in segregation of peoples. Despite this fact and with the added social stigma of living in the south, which at the time was about 50 years behind in the idea of race relations, he stood up for the ideal of every person being fairly represented by the law.

The real truth about this book is about the inability of a woman to take responsibility for her actions, and to instead blame an easy social scapegoat.

They already are forced to read it. I had to read it twice in high school. Great book though.

Make them read the sequel then. You need both books for the full experience.

I personally did like the book but the one thing I bother me was that

>Hate me for saying this Sup Forums

that the nigger actually dindu nuffin wrong but helped out the ewells.

Mayella wanted BBC and try to seduce tom but he just try to get away from her.

>If you read the book you know what i'm talking about

In contents to the book, Tom shouldn't gone to jail for crime that was for white trash anyways

Seriously Sup Forums? You believe the ewells are part of the master race? while Robert has nearly 12 children and gets welfare and spent mostly of it on booze like a nigger?
What's the sequel?

>have to read holocaust books every year since 1st grade
>grade six start complaining about having to read yet another holocaust book
>teachers tell my parents im a bad goy

fucking jews man

BOO RADLEY DIN DU NUFFIN

It's called "Go set a watchman" and Harper Lee's editor released it just before she died. It's set about 10 years after the events of " To kill a mockingbird"

Go set a watchman.

Came out last year.

Same author surprisingly

I still will never forgive my school for teaching us dindu shit like Native Son.
I'm basically trying to play catch up now trying to read all the classics in the western canon which I should have read in high school instead of a book about a young Mexican girl's struggle with puberty or some shit.

Now if only kids were forced to read 1984

i've gotten to college without reading that book and i used to read a shit ton. i couldnt even tell you the plot if i wanted to

Neuromancer, 1984, Brave New World, Animal Farm, 2001 A Space Odyssey, The Moon Is A Harsh Mistress, Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy and pretty much everything by Arthur C. Clarke.

And those were required. We read a lot more for fun.

I graduated in 2006 from HS. Freshman year we were reading And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie. There is a part in the book that says "Nigger in the woodpile". The blacks went apeshit and got the book replaced with some Maya Angelou bullshit.

Implying I'm not gonna sue my school district for trying to force a woman to learn when I am a Muslim man (not really) and it is against our culture and religion.

yeah i had to read a shit ton of holocaust books. fuck that shit.

the story I have heard is that Harper Lee didn't write the books nor the sequel. The sequel is an untouched version of her brother?relationships work while she edited the first book. She is neither the author nor creator of either book, just the name that was put on it. Kinda makes sense for her being a one hit wonder.

they are but they don't

Great story about determination in the face of overwhelming odds.

The thing is that Liberals cream themselves and try to project 1930's race relations to today

Some dindu rapes a white girl and Atticuck is the lawyer assigned to defend said dindu.

He gives many stirring speeches in court but the dindu is found guilty.

There's also a weird subplot about a misunderstood retarded guy who lives in a creepy old house.

Basically the book is an incoherent mess, but its a Jewish wet dream, which is why it's taught in schools.

There's a great article on this book and the author on The Occidental Observer.

She never wrote that book and it was ghost written and edited by Jews.

I graduated in 99. The only books they had us read was Lord of the Flies, and To Kill a Mocking Bird. The few of us that took History got to read Animal Farm

They quit assigning it the year my class would have been assigned to read it.

>tfw read Mein Kampf during my free time in high school
Maybe that's why everybody avoided me. Probably assumed I was literally Hitler.

He's not racist. He just refuses to sit by and tolerate hypocrisy.

You have to read both books to understand what kind of man Atticus Finch is.

Atticus puts his career on the line, he risks his job, his reputation, even his life on the line to defend Tom Robinson... not because he's forced to, not because he has any deep love for the Black community, not even because he thinks Tom might be innocent... Atticus takes the case because in his heart of hearts he truly believes that it is the right of ALL men, to receive equal, fair, and competent representation in a court of law.

In Go Set A Watchmen, Atticus opposes the platform of the NAACP because they're calling for unequal rights and representation. They're demanding preferences and perks and the hypocrisy of it is something that a man like Atticus, who believes in the letter and spirit of the law to a fault, cannot stand. It has nothing to do with race.

Daily Reminder that Atticus Finch probably would have browsed Sup Forums