Captain Marvel #8 Storytime

Carol being Carol

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/kristaferanka/status/768213590801133568
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

literally five minutes in paint: the cover

HAHA TIME FOR /fit/ GRILS AND BENDIS SHIT

Kamala is cute! CUTE!

Stop me if i'm just swinging big dumb DC dick around, but why does Marvel feel the need to do this character naming thing all the time?
Do they just assume that the people reading this are that casual?

>"Do you even Carol Corps, dude?"
Urgh.

we ATF now

it's just tradition from way back when the editorial line was that any issue of anything should be able to serve as someone's first.

That seems like something Kamala would say.

Fin

I like it. It helps casuals, and it gives a sense of weight and importance to the characters' appearance.
The mini-bios that Ewing does are the best, though.

Even Carol's book is anti-Carol!

this issue does a pretty good job of making Carol's side look not retarded.

shame about bendis

How long until Miles fucks Carol?

Sure, but it's jarring when one of the things I've been happiest about with this run is that it doesn't jerk off Carol at every opportunity.

Carol already has a spider!

BP would fuck her before that

Its like BP is following her around in every book now

three more years

Kamala is a character that jerks off Carol at every opportunity. The actual plot of this issue clearly isn't though.

This issue was pretty great. It almost makes the event seem sensible.
Also, T'Challa was better here than he has been anywhere else.

"There's only room for ONE Captain Nazi in this city!"

>But the UN Delegates they came assassinate don't have the same luxury.
What?

Bendis T'Challa is an embarrassment. Pretty much all tie-ins have handled him way better as you'd expect of a super-intelligent monarch.

good ole ATF
shooting dogs

>They tend to raise eachother from the dead
>But the UN Delegates they came assassinate don't have the same luxury.

Man this issue is riddled with grammatical fuck ups. Do people not edit Bendis' work?

Civil War II is basically "Damage Control Tie-Ins: The Event"

>Bendis'
???

>Do people not edit Bendis' work
No, they haven't for years

Bendis does this thing where he tries to make his communication feel conversational. It doesn't work out very well.

His legendary Bendis-speak actually looks like he's trying to mimic the Seinfeld sitcom's way of talking.

>"There's only room for ONE Captain Nazi in this city!"

I hate to see fascist on fascist crime.

Sorry, i just assume any book in Civil War is a Bendis pet project

>>does marvel not edit their own books?

what about all the commies

>>>does marvel not edit their own books?
lol no

Okay, so this Civil War does not have any logos on it that would make me believe that it is not canon, but it contains Miles, who is alternate-universe Spider-Man. Is this and alt universe/non-canon comic? What's going on here? What even happened?

>but it contains Miles, who is alternate-universe Spider-Man.
Miles has been in the main universe for ages now. Where have you been?

Miles is now part of the 616

The Ultimate Universe died. Miles and a couple of other people got ported over into the main universe, where they're now acting like they've been there all along.

I haven't been able to afford any comics for the past few years so I just sorta stopped reading.

Part of the 616. Like, he just sorta walked over, or is Pete now kill and Miles exists in both universes?

see

he got sent over by Molecule Man, a reality warper, as a gift for being the only one to brin him food while he was being used as Doctor Doom's god battery.

Nope. Just now whenever they both show up in the midst of a crises anyone who wants to wanr them about something has to say "Spiderman black, move your ass"

Cause his costume is black, obviously.

>Shot of America's ass
>She's not wearing her short shorts

The good ol "everything's actually going splendidly despite previous misgivings and random nobodies actually love you" issue like we got in CW1 and AvX. The only question now is how it all falls apart as the event continues on. This is before CW2's issue 4 based on the fact that Hawkeye is still awaiting judgment, but there has to be more to it than what we saw in that issue...I hope.

Bendis really doesn't deserve the damage control his writing is getting from these tie-ins

>Marvel
>Editors
>Doing their job
Pick only one

Every CW tie in is better than the main comic. What the hell?

Also Spider Man's Civil War tie in is better written than the main Spidey series and Peter actually feels like Peter again

I love how those two are just hanging out there doing homework, like loitering around someone's parents' house.

Marvel main writter like Bendis or Slott have such a huge ego that they think everything they do is good so they don't care about little detail like continuity, character personality or the plot making sense.

This issue should be listed in Ultimates as recommended side reading. It fleshes out T'challa beyond just being a manipulative background observer well.

Yeah, police and special government forces do a pretty solid job of killing family pets regardless of their age, size, disposition, or intent.

Particularly a great job when it's done during a false alert, leaving the family to grieve with little remorse shown.

WHY THE FUCK DOES GYRICH KEEP GETTING JOBS?
He's been fired by multiple administrations, he always screws up.

>Other nations wonder why the majority of Ulysses' visions focus on North America
That's a very good question

Funny how in tie-ins T'Challa is acting like he actually should, while in the main book Bendis writes him as Carol's loyal lapdog.

I'm surprised that he's not in jail after the whole scourge of the underworld debacle.

>Takes in ambient ifnormation to predict outcomes
How the fuck did this "ambient information" tell him that fucking Thanos and the Celstial Destroyer were coming

the ambient information that they were fucking with cosmic cube essence and that thanos exists

Bendis doesn't, but the characters he's ruining sure do.

This art is fucking garbage.

...Didn't Carol literally condone Hawkeye's murder of Banner after he was freed in the main comic? What do the editors even do all day?

Except that Ulysses didn't know about Project PEGASUS' secret Cosmic Cube program and had no way of knowing that Thanos would escape from the Void he had been trapped in through a black hole and conveniently intercept a Sh'iar ship that was investigating the Cosmic Cube during an inspection.

I'm not gonna complain. Bendis portrays Carol's side as evil uber-fascism without trying to make her sympathetic. This tie-in is doing its best to present her in a more favorable light, since this is SUPPOSED to be the type of event where both sides have a point, which Bendis has failed at conveying in the main book.

That shouldn't be surprising

>In an alternate universe, Iron Man's solo is written by someone competent and Tony has a motivation beyond MUH RHODEY for this event.

>Daredevil staring straight ahead while puck is beneath him.
Bravo Marvel.

Also, I guess they're going with the movie version of "war" here since there'should not even a dozen characters due to Marvel pushing F4 and mutants into the closet.

Tony has three possible motivations

>MUH RHODEY
>MUH PARENTS
>Demon in a bottle

when she can finally get him alone in the showers

It wouldn't. This even is shit.

After this issue, fill-in artists will take over for the final two issues of this volume.

Sauce: twitter.com/kristaferanka/status/768213590801133568

Haha oh god this fucking face

>adult writing teenagers

>Kamala with her mentor
>Miles with his mentor
>Sam not even in sight
Lol.

>Anka sneaked in the headwings on Cap
I know the guy has his problems, but goddamn I respect this hustle.

>Kamala and Miles just chill together doing homework like kids
Heh.

good issue, thanks for the storytime.

the tie-ins for CW2 continue to be better than the main event.

Why would you think that? The vast majority of the CWII tie-ins are shitting on the event or running damage control by retconning half of what Bendis does.

>we're doing this by the book
>PUNCH DOWN THE FUCKING DOOR

>Kamala in her own book
>Maybe this is going too far, I don't approve of the use of Ulysses' abilities like that, perhaps Carol is not the hero I always thought she was

>Kamala in Carol's book
>YES CAPTAIN MY CAPTAIN DO YOU EVEN CAROL CORPS?

>I'll ask the other ultimates to look into the Beyonder's status
Y'know, may inform us on that too because that trail went cold in Annihilation.

whited!