All New All Different Marvel

Let's talk about the last year of Marvel Comics. There seems to have been a feverish dislike of everything that has happened running up to and after Secret Wars, but I think there is still a lot of good mixed in there. I want to hear what Sup Forums thinks are the best and worst things about ANAD.

Amadeus Cho as the new Hulk is one of my favorite changes and one of the of the most fun books in the lineup. Not only has Frank Cho been handing in some delicious drawings like the image, Amadeus is a nice spin on the Hulk concept, basically being optimistic and playful about being the Hulk. His Hulk seems tied to base emotions other than rage (hunger, horniness) which leads to some funny moments. Of course, there is always that ominous question of what would happen to Amadeus and his cute sister who looks after him if he loses control. Probably the best legacy character introduced for Marvel in the last few years.

Meanwhile Bruce is ironically going a bit nuts because he's not the Hulk any more and he doesn't seem equipped to deal with this new reality.

Look, Sam Wilson's suit design looks way better than Steve Rogers, and Steve is a pretty boring character anyway. Sam, just by not being the always-right bossy guy in charge is already more fun to read about, and the art and writing in his books is decent too. Sam's stories seemed to get a bit shit once they tied into Stand-Off and Civil War II, but until then they are solid and I'm looking forward to going back to them once the events finish.

I just don't care.

With the exception of Vision, all the other Marvel titles are mediocre to crap. The main Marvel Universe is barely recognizable anymore. Most of the main characters have died, or being replaced. It's like being rebooted, without an official reboot.

So far it was basically "reinvent every hero so they are not white males anymore". Changing out characters that didn't need to be, so they can grab the diversity award.

Moon Girl & Devil Dinosaur and Chulk are the only ones I liked so far, even if they play this exact game.

This is some manga-level comic-book action. Great flow to every scene, panels connecting and progressing in eye drawing ways. And it is totally focused on doing it's one thing as well as possible (no dumb random cameos or jokes or references, just a great visual story). This one was a treat and a page-turner like no other comic in the line-up.

This book is boring as shit despite featuring monster fights and all that "dude awesome" shit. Par for the course with Greg Pak

The Remender run was okay-ish, Spencer's run is terrible so far. Take away awful comedy that has no place in a Cap America book anyway and you're left with Serpent Society being cartoonishly evil ad men (don't forget your Mad Men reference haha) and Americops who do literally nothing but beat up minorities

That's not a reason for them being crap, though, is it? I mean, if the old stories were shit and they dropped the characters in them and started making good new stories, it would be a good thing. So saying "it's crap because the characters are different" isn't good enough. What is is about the comics themselves that is so crap?

Been putting this one off because fuck I'm tired of "secret shit from Natasha's dark secret past catches up with her" stories. I wonder f it's an editorial mandate for every BW story or writers really are that unimaginative

Shit like pic related, but there are worse examples

I have thoroughly enjoyed the action sequences here.

Marvel has gone full blown SJW leftist propaganda
The Vision is the last Marvel title I still buy and when that ends Marvel gets not one dime of my money

The Marvel comics fail to make these characters interesting. And that's the main problem. Adding also that Marvel recycling continuously the same stories and ideas. I mean how many times we are going to see again all this hero against hero crap? Does this fucking Universe has any competent villain left anymore?

You and your stupidity won't be missed.

>Marvel has gone full blown SJW leftist propaganda

I think this was the first ANAD book I read, and I was pleasantly surprised. It's a pretty straightforward adventure book that takes us to some cool places over a plot with some nice twists, some very pretty artwork and clever layouts. I mean, if you want to replace the X-Men, at least give us some goof comics in return, and I say these are just simply good comics.

I also like the characters in Uncanny way more than the likes of bitchy Crystal, grumpy Gorgon and Tumblr Swain in All New Inhumans.

If the Weirdworld ongoing starred Arkon I would have read it.

Of course there is this one. It's just so unlike every other book coming from Marvel. I suppose it's what you would call a psychological thriller. Yeah, it's really good.

Go back to Twitter, #WhitePrivilege ain't gonna go top trend itself

Yeah, I read the first issue of Weirdworld. Eye-popping visuals, but I found it hard to get into because the world was just so incoherent. But now you've reminded me of it I guess I'll finish the series (only 6 issues).

I've been enjoying Ultimates and Squadron Supreme.

>Sup Forumsmblr

> 6 issues.

I also think if it had starred Arkon it would still be, you know, ongoing.

> Squadron Supreme

I'm pulling SS and have been pleasantly surprised at how much I have enjoyed it.

I don't know much about Fem-Thor or her stories, but I do like her character design, and I don't mind the idea of Thor Odinson running all disheveled fighting with an axe, getting by without his birthright powers. It sounds like a cool twist for both Jane Foster and Odinson, but, as I say, I don't know how it was actually executed. I guess we'll see what happens in Unworthy Thor.

As far as Marvel's new diverse legacy characters go, she's a weird one. I think more than any other character Thor is one that cannot be replaced. So what happens to her next? Takes a new name?

Marvel editorial, its events, and its big names are all fucking awful, but a lot of its books range from decent to great.
"Evil SJW Minority Legacies" is not the problem with Marvel. The likes of Chulk and Kamala are well loved, which proves that the problem is entirely in execution.
What Marvel really needs to do is overhaul their editorial entirely, kick Bendis and Slott down to minor books where they can't do much harm, give their good authors like Ewing and Thompson more responsibility, and bring in some new authors on minor books and minis to test their chops - the World of Wakanda book, as much as Sup Forums throws tantrums over it, is a great example of this.
Also, bring back Fantastic Four and give the X-Men a proper relaunch. But they don't need to shoo out all their minority characters - change, and diversity of storytelling, is a good thing. Keep the old guys around or bring them back, but don't say that Sam Alexander and Amadeus Cho and Riri Williams have to be killed off to make that happen.
I still don't understand the butthurt over this. Isn't it obvious that the joke is that he's a cartoonishly evil cunt?

She'll get somehow cured and will lose her powers, like it happened with She-Rulk

She's not a legacy character, she's just a strange period in the editorial history of the character, like Superior Spider-Man or Captain Hydra

Give her the Ultimate hammer and call her Ultima or something.

tired of the "we need more diversityyy" train marvel appears to be on

Marvel can make there be more diverse characters but don't be taking away my iron man.

Oh man, I forgot this even existed. The old Squadron miniseries is one of my favorites. I'll have to check the new one out.

I'm torn on the Ultimates. I kind of can't stop reading it, because it's so big and ambitious and never stops moving forward with new ideas... but all these big ideas just seem so dumb. They go "outside the universe". Which means everything is just black. And there is "so much nothing" that they ship starts falling apart. The universe is in chains. I feel like this could have been a good sci-fi comic but it doesn't have anything to make it feel believable. It's just a lot of over the top nonsense. And everything they introduce is just spinning off ideas created by Kirby and Ditko. And, this might not be a thought everyone shares, but that fucking artwork is so garish. There is no rhyme or reason to all the random colorful shapes that explode over every page. I think they have a new artist coming on for Marvel Now. I'll be more interested in reading it when that happens.

I'm the exact opposite. I like a lot more of the NuHumans than the old inhumans though.

Don't forget they allowed Filipe Andrade to scribble his pencils.

>She's not a legacy character

Isn't this is pretty much the definition of a legacy character? One character takes on the mantle of another? I feel like you don't want to give her that title because it would legitimize her taking of Thor's name.. but that's exactly what she did, and that's what a legacy character is. Sure, if someone takes on a mantle for a couple issues I can see you wouldn't bother calling them a legacy character, but Fem-Thor has been around for over a year now (two years?) and it seems she'll be around for at least a little while longer. If she stayed as Thor for 5 years, would you call her a legacy character?

Remenders run was good looking, but it was boring. His Captain America wasn't any good either and that's coming from someone who obsesses over his work. All his Image, Uncanny Avengers, X-Force, etc. are so much more interesting. It's clear that even though he's a mental hobo piss throwing libtard, he didn't write those issues.

Sam should fuck off and go back to the shithole he crawled out of.

I think it's great. So far I'm reading

>Vision
>Doctor Strange
>Mighty Thor
>Extraordinary X-Men (though I personally think it's shite, I get a weird enjoyment out of reading it)
>Moon Knight
>Ultimates
>Old Man Logan
>Black Widow

I also liked ANAD Avengers issues 9-12. The arc where Thor fought Annihilus and zapped Avengers in and out with the bands. I thought that was great. Reminded me of the 0/prequel issue to Annihilation for some reason.

I loved the art but the writing is wishy washy. 6 issues of build up for a story down the line and "Black Widow" sort of made Iron Man.

I loved the first 4 issues of this, but that nosedive in quality when Quiet Room started put me off the book. I did enjoy the Reader issue tho.

Yeah, this is the big problem I've had with Marvel. Every time an event comes around all my favorite series get sucked up into it and it always makes them shitter. I quite liked the idea of Standoff but it felt like a roadblock for the Avengers and Captain America stories. I do like the idea of this big interconnected world in theory, but in practice it's an irritant and the stories suffer as a result.

I'm not a woman so Marvel doesn't care if I read their comics or want to hear my opinion on them or something like that

ANAD gave us carnage, which was a lot better that his father book Venom space shitter.

Maybe that is the reason they are going back to status quo Venom, they saw that Villain carnage sold well and since Venom is more popular they are probably expecting 30k from the new book.

Also Carnage is the reason why we are getting a new bullseye book, it seems people like villains books.

you and me both user, the writer of all new inhumans once said that he was trying to do what Claremont did to the x-men, campy story that would introduce the reader to the character backstory.

I still have few books I pick up. I buy Chulk because I am a Hulkfag and Pak, while not mind blowing, was decent enough writer for the character mythos. I grab Squadron Supreme because I'm still waiting for "Marvels Justice League" to be the thing (so far they mostly mope). I tried Hyperion because he was one of the few interesting things in Hickvengers. And Vision is reliably interesting and pretty. I have tried few other books but found them boring.

I literally only care about vision, moon knight and the squadron supreme titles, and my favourite character is still hitting an all time worst even after almost or more than a decade of shit

The "problem" isn't really herself. The problem is that Odinson is still going around doing his shit, and he'll receive a miniseries where we'll most likely see how he became unworthy while making he becomes worthy again

The basic of a legacy character, in my opinion, is that the previous character must go doing something else.
Carol rised of rank and Bruce lost his powers without wanting to have them back, so Kamala and Cho "work" as legacies but I expect Bruce to get back being Hulk sooner or later. We'll have to see how that Uncanny Avengers series will end
Miles was a legacy in the Ultimate Universe, where Peter was dead, but he's not one anymore because the original Spider-Man is still around

I just hope it's not like gargan, i want eddie to be venom again or flash to go full monster venom

>Sup Forumsmblr

fuck off bitch faggot

>an SJW bitch calling people crybabies

hmmmmmm we'll that is the definition of ironic

I feel like Grid would have been next but they dumped his story into the annual. It was good and brought up interesting questions about the new status quo, but I ANI would have continued.

>The likes of Chulk and Kamala are well loved

no they really aren't, Sup Forumsmblr raves about them but their sales speak otherwise

I think it's unlikely it'll be Flash, since he appears in the cover of GotG of the same month as Agent Venom

Yeah but Sup Forums is lukewarm at best on Miles and he sells double them both. Sup Forums doesn't represent the comic buying public.

Miles is a shit character with a shit writer. He's literal trash.

im still salty how quickly this avengers team was disbanded. i thought it was pretty fucking perfect.

Okay?
I'm not saying they sell well, I'm saying that people generally think they're good characters well written, despite being Minority Legacies.

>I'm saying that people generally think they're good characters well written

Cho is OK but he has been around for ever
Kamala is shit

>ITT: Marvel shills

They're irredeemably shit

you think wrong

>being this much of a butt hurt anger namefag
Repeating trash as much as you want still doesn't make it true.

Yeah, no. I mean, almost nothing is irredeemable, and it isn't all shit at Marvel to begin with. Every big company will have some good or great comics going at any time, even if the overall trend is bad, just because they publish so much by so many different people. So you can either find and enjoy and celebrate the good stuff like a healthy human being or you can be resentful adverse-to-sunlight fanboy and be hateful on principle. I think you know which option is the winning one.

Anything else to add?

Who's your favourite character?
Spider-Man? Cyclops?

The winning move is to not give Marvel any money and support companies putting out good shit. DC for example

Sorry I ain't mad some non white guy dares be on a comic cover or dates outside his race.

Came here to post this, pretty much

Name me one good thing about negro venom blast boy.

>replying

You are just as bad as them, they will reply to you and will end up talking about black lives matter or muslims

The only recent thing I liked from current Marvel was Ghost Rider. They can fuck off with nearly everything else though, Miles pushing too

Not gonna do your work and read the comic for you, namefag.

spider-man, the fact that you got it right at the first try is the saddest part

I read from his creation up until Doom. Name me one interesting character trait, interesting thing that happened, etc. from that slice of his run.

Kamala has been selling decently enough. Nothing gangbusters, but never cancellation territory either, and she consistently outsells Carol.

Yeah I get you. And there's no escape, not only are his comics shit, his movies, cartoon and video games aren't good either.

To be fair those are the two Sup Forums complain the most about the way they are treated

The only marvel books I'm following now are Vision and Darth Vader. I've dropped everything else. This period we're in is worse than the late 90's.

>...the two character Sup Forums...

fixed

Peter Parker came back to life is the only thing I can think of

I don't know, man, I like how they're splitting off the teeny characters into their own series and adding more powerhouses to the Avengers. Champions can have the love triangles and coming of age (that Waid is probably pretty good at seeing as everyone loves his Archie comics) and the Avengers feel like an "Earth's Mightiest" again. Then the Ultimates are the next step up, dealing with threats bigger than just Earth. Seems neat. Plus, Herc on the Avengers :)

This was good but soule needs to stop dragging out arcs with pointless filler like he did in the quiet room and the medusa arc. The reader chapter got it back on track, and even the CW tie in was going well. The annual was good but it should be in ANI. Grid was only in uncanny for 5 pages before now.

the insomniac game is the only spidey related thing that gives me any kind of hope really, with the movie i went from "im interested" to "dropped" faster than a speedforce user

>race swapping, forced diversity, blatant ,removing established white characters,SJW/PC propaganda is perfectly fine or YOU'RE RACIST

fuck off back to tumblr you retarded bitch

You never know, Renew your vows vol. 2 by Gerry Conway could be good.

why is vision there???
i assumed he´d become an enemy to the avengers after all that has happened in his series, even before the finale comes, they have enough reasons to be cautious of him already
gerry conway is based,he´s like stern and peter david, they have been writing for years and are still good, yet they don´t get the recognition they deserve at marvel, carnage is good so this probably will too, sadly it has annie may, but even with her aboard any alternate spider-centric title is better than the dreck that is the main series

Uncannny X-Men is good.....right guys?

Can anyone explain to me why everyone hates Slott on Spider-Man? Well, I say everyone, there are certainly a few people I have read that love him and think he is one of the great Spider-Man writers. Certainly a massive range of opinion here. I've read like two of his books and they seemed fine.

where´s the part when Kamala fraggs his partners in the name of Muhammed?

you´d be surprised how fucking overrated he is outside of Sup Forums

I don't want to read 'fine'.

kek, Inhumans am I right, fucking terrorists.

>Best
The Vison
Chulk
Gwenpool
Ultimates
Moon Knight
Carnage

>Bad
Civil War II
Guardians of the Galaxy
Avengers
...let's just say anything Bendis touches

>Anything else to add?
yes, you are a cuck. or a shill. or both
abandon the ship, before marvel goes full cringe

Im sure Marvel is perfectly happy with its plummeting comics sales lmasoooo

i only disagree with chulk
i´m honestly surprised gwenpool isn´t terrible, specially since spider gwen fucking sucks, still not my thing but it´s not bad

I meant something that might substantiate what you said before, but if you want to keep vomiting out random words into cyberspace I won't stop you melon beatrice pothead

Agreed. Miles was better staying in Ultimate Universe. He lost all his character development. I feel there was a lot of potential if he stayed there instead of coming to 616 :/

ANADvengers has had a massive jump in quality recently. I'm not sure whether to blame that on editorial or Waid being inconsistent, but I'm hype for Champions anyway.
Also, New Avengers, Spidey, Captain Marvel, Uncanny Avengers, Silk, and Squadron Supreme are at least "good" if not "best".

>2016
>Trying to defend Marlel

You are only hurting yourself.

They got the big screen though.

>Good
Gwenpool

>Bad
Everything else

Maybe Hulk or Black Widow are good but I don't care even a tiny bit about the characters so I don't bother. I'm an X-Men and Spider-Man guy and the state of both of those through intentional sabotage (X-Men) and general incompetence (Spider-Man) is really irritating. Most of the books are poorly written, poorly drawn garbage by artists and writers with little to no experience creating a monthly comic simply because they'll work for pennies compared to big name writers (who now only use Marvel as a stepping stone so they can be the next Kirkman).

The comics themselves have become infested with political posturing, mainly of a liberal bent, which comes off as preachy and annoying and overrides the superhero aspect of it. Compare Gruenwald's Cap, which used politics to help develop the character of Captain America and his world, versus Spencer's Captain Falcon book which does the opposite: Spencer is using the superhero comic as a backdrop to beat you over the head with his political opinions in the most hamfisted manner possible.

It's honestly embarassing and I don't know what can really fix it at this point. Alonso could go but I don't think that improves the comics at all because the corporate heads will promote Amanat or whoever else they feel will most be the biggest corporate yes man and quality will continue to lapse due to shitty, low quality writers and artists, active efforts to sabotage their own franchises and incompetent editorial while Marvel itself touts its ability to make fake status quo changes in the hopes of getting headlines from the entertainment websites over telling good stories.

The constant relaunches are another problem too because COMIC BOOKS ARE NOT TV SHOWS and even then TV shows don't relaunch every fucking year.

The bankruptcy era had plenty of good stuff though because they were in a "nothing left to lose" situation. Ancillary X-Men books were good, Deadpool was great. This continued into the first half of the 2000s. Avengers Disassembled and House of M are basically the death of that good, desperate era of Marvel and the start of shitty corporate Marvel. The Avengers making $1 billion is the worst thing to ever happen to the comics.

Spider-Man(s) artist are good. Sarah draws Miles like shit now days. Everything else i agree. I want miles back in the ultimate universe and a new writer on Amazing

The Avengers books, across the line, haven't been this good in I don't know how long
Dr Strange, Black Panther, Thor, Ms Marvel, Scarlet Witch, Ultimates (i dunno if people count that as Avengers) and of course Vision have all been good to great.

The Spider-Books I don't care about and didn't read ASM because fuck the zodiac.
X books are in a rough spot, even if I think Lemire is doing a fine "holding down the fort" thing rn. Uncanny has Land but people say it's good.
There's some other alright stuff too like Squadron Supreme out there too.

I've enjoyed ANAD