New Avengers #15 storytime

ITT: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure levels of retroactive deus ex machina bullshit. Also, Sup Forums gets triggered.

>Hawkeye still listed as on the team
For what purpose.

Lotta dumb references in this issue.

Reading bumps would be appreciated, by the way.

>Sup Forums whines about leftist cuckoldry ruining comics because a cartoonishly evil villain was cartoonishly evil
Seriously, guys, this was pretty obviously meant to be the equivalent of Captain Planet villains polluting because they're eeeeevil.

Gay Toni

Ha ha! Simpsons references.

I dont get, if the rumors are true and marvel has plans for a white tiger netflix series, why would they allow Ewing to make her lose her powers and retire from being a hero

>I'LL BE BACK AGAIN SAMURAI
The ballad thereof?

Garett did nothing wrong

MASTER KEIKAKKU

I don't really like how badly Maker is getting rused, here. Maybe it'd be better if it wasn't so clearly rushed.

He never met Roberto DaCosta, the guy who tricker Asgard bravest warriors and stole their women when he was 14 years old

>Warlock cucks aryan Cypher with filthy nigger/latino/illegal immigrant (I've not seen Xavier explain Roberto's presence in the USA to the government, did you?) Sunspot

Marvel strikes again

:^)

Still mad about Ewing forgetting about Melissa getting her powers back.

Bitching armor

not like she cant be brought back

I laughed harder than I should have.

Ewing, you motherfucker.

The ruse cruise continues.

It seems to imply that she has them, just reduced.

Everything the Maker has done so far is a complete downgrade from his Ultimate universe antics. Shame.

GODDAMMIT EWING, WHY

>THE CONTEST OF CHAMPIONS - IS OVER!
Ewing sure likes this kind of thing.

Wait, how would destroying the tiger amulet free Angela from her Hand control. It wasn't the Tiger God that was making her evil.

The robot that had ridiculous buildup in Hackman's Avengers died so a literally who dyke with a mismatching name and nationality can live, bravo Hickman

>not only is the bulky design gone but POD died with it
DROPPED!

Oh ok, I guess I should have just read the next page first.

Couldn't the tiger God have just jumped into the amulet that's hanging around Ava's neck?

>three female ironmen
Marvel stop

So, yeah, this issue was... rushed. Very rushed. I think it would have benefited from a few more issues and a bit more plot to spread these crazy reveals out and give them a bit more buildup.

It's not like Hickman used Pod in any real way in his run

For a planetary defense mechanism that kicked the shit out of an avengers team with both Thor and Hyperion on it, Pop died like a bitch.

Well it's not like he did a whole lot of anything during his run, except have characters repeat "the machine is broken" until execs crashed all the storylines with no survivors with their events.

Yeah, probably what happens when you get cancelled at 17, have to spend half your final issue setting up your next run, and had to spend half the run on event tie-ins.

Eh, she got killed by another planetary defense system. I think that's fair.
'course, that planetary defense system then died to a forcefield, so...

RESCUE OF MURDER!

>he didn't see the Marvel November 2016 solicits

The head was still talking, Skar will return.

>execs crashed all the storylines with no survivors with their events.
Hickman created both Infinity and Secret Wars.

There was executive meddling involved in expanding the events way past their original intended scope. Atleast that was a pretty persistant rumour at the time.

Hickman had plenty of fuckups of his own too, though.

>He comes in slices.

That line again?

Come on, Ewing, we all know that there's a bunch of him. Stop pussying about and reveal it.

Infinity was never supposed to be an event. It was just an arc of Avengers, and the Thanos/BO stuff was never part of Hickman's original plan.

Editorial took his Builder War, turned it into a full-fledged event, and had him shove Thanos in there, thus derailing New Avengers for months.

To be fair 616 is much better equipped to deal with him and his antics than the Ultimate Universe ever was

I for one think that modern Marvel should take a cue from Jojo when it comes to fights.

I hate this. It might be the first thing that Ewing's done in any of his books since he started at Marvel that I genuinely hate.

>it's a the triple agent was SUPPOSED TO BE CAPTURED episode

I blame tie-ins, relaunches and events.
I'm new to reading current comics and actually being up-to-date, but I feel like they really stop runs from actually being allowed to last long.

Well there is the theory that he's just a slice of the actual Maker.

>all those Dugan LMDs
cool. I want my own handlebar mustache robot buddies.
>God I love the patriarchy
sigh.

>Yeah, probably what happens when you get cancelled at 17, have to spend half your final issue setting up your next run, and had to spend half the run on event tie-ins.
It's not even that he ACTUALLY got cancelled. He's still writing the same book. But current Marvel is so fucking fucked, even a continuing run needs to get rushed and interrupted once a year now.
It's so fucking dumb.

>checkmate
>one king is attacking the other
Plz no.

Based Ewing. TADs are from Judge Dredd down to the design

Whatever. There's so many cool characters being used and so many cool things happening in this book, it's not like this actually drags the book down in any significant way.

616 has a bunch of people who can deal with some sad cuck

It doesn't and on its own it'd be fine, but since both Aikku and Toni are going to be in USAvengers, now TonixAikku's relationship is less interesting and without Pod, Aikku's suit design is horribly lame and generic.

Their dynamic together, Pod's design, and how Pod acts were some of my favorite things about the book. It's not like I'm going to drop the book or not pick up USAvengers since I still love everything else, but man, fuck killing Pod like this.

I love how nu marvel it's pretty much everyone is smarter than Reed Richards 24/7. Instead of power creep you've gone with supersmart creep.

THIS. Ultimate universe was weaker and kinda more grounded. When Galactus came to Earth he blew up a city and killed a bunch of heroes. 616 never was that weak even at their lowest. Even Maker commented on it being a bit different. Hell his City AI fell full cartoonish evil by naming himself omnitronicus or whatever.

It's a plot point by Ewing not a mistake.

>Big Boss Da Costa
"I'm already a Demon, Songbird"

Thats what he gets for being a CIS SCUM STRAIGHT WHITE MALE!

>God I love the patriarchy
I'm enjoying how retarded that line is, it's a delicious flavor of dumb and i'm 100% it was intentional joke.

>Read the prview
>totally didn't see that one coming
Additional deisgnation: YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Songbird is such a cute.

>mismatched name and nationality
Her parents are Finnish, dumbass.

>2 female Iron Men NOT being written by Bendis
Marvel keep going!

Even maker's hyper evolved artificially aged children of tomorrow won't fare that well in 616. The FF, X-men and even the Avengers have dealt with bad guys that were artificially evolved to physical perfection. To them fighting a megalomaniac like the maker is called Saturday.

Tards forget the reason Maker was so hyped up originally is because ultimate Tony couldn't whip up some anti maker gun or anti phoenix gun in five minutes. The ultimate universe had like 2 dues ex machina devices compared to 616.

>No matter! For somehow I shall return!
So meta

Really this was rushed and a mess, but a fun rushed mess and I mean that for the entire run.
It's like they couldn't let this shit alone, they had to relaunch shit, had to tie in with a shitty Bendis event for the fuck of it.

The same tiger god that challenged Shuma x2 as powerful and he fell so easy .

>To them fighting a megalomaniac like the maker is called Saturday morning
Fixed.

she doesn't have her FULL powers but she gets by.

Which is exactly what it is: she hasn't full Screaming Mimi powers.

Google Translate tells me she speaks Norwegian.
What the fuck?

Yet another Civil War II tie-in that has nothing to do with Civil War II.
Good

I know right!

Are they saying that Power Man uses Nigger Power?

Oh what would I give for there to be enough gay characters that they all didn't HAVE TO be in love with each other. They could reject interests and still find someone else to be with.

No. He uses ambient history. The more storied the place the stronger he is.
In old capitals he's extremely strong.
The more new, boring and insignificant the place, the weaker he becomes.
Try fighting him in the Louvre and he's a god. Fight him on a new boat in international waters and he's a pushover.

Ewing really knows how to get the most bang for his buck out of obscure characters.

thats a neat handicap and power set

I'm reminded of James Robinson's Justice League run. The Tasmanian Devil, a gay character, was brought back to life, one of Starman's teammates said that since they're both gay they should go out. Starman replies that "that's not how gay works", just because they're both gay doesn't mean that he and TD should be attracted to each other.

nnnngh, this Songbird is so fucking hot and hugable

Well, yes, she's Norwegian. So she speaks Norwegian.

Ewing can still salvage this
>"Oh, yeah, Aikku? I had some of the guys in research run some tests, and we managed to back up POD's mind and memories just before the Maker showed up. I'll have them upload it into your new suit."

But she has a Finnish name.
So her parents moved to Norway and she grew up there or what?

Isn't it? I also appreciate that he's kind of a dumbass.
Even if he doesn't get to do a lot I still like him.

Yes

>So her parents moved to Norway and she grew up there or what?
Yes. This is stated explicitly in her origin.

Exactly. I mean, Spider-Man doesn't go out with every heterosexual woman that...
Okay, that's a bad example, but you get my point.

bump