The Hellblazer #1 Storytime

3rd attempt at getting John a modern ongoing, let's hope this one works

variant

ah damn I was gonna do this, Welp. I guess I'm gonna go do Batgirl instead.

His dcyou worked so maybe
(I have read the issue its great)

swampy back

I never really thought about just how little time there was between world wars

the art is pretty good in this

>make Germany great again

oh boy more Trump bashing

Oh my favourite hellblazer storys have always been the ones where he visits other magical realms maybe we will take a vist to fairyland.

mercury cute

It would be out of character for john not to bitch about him.

And you cant deny its an effective slogan its bound to creep into peoples heads while they write.

3rd panel is a good reaction face

>Hitler promised to "Make Germany Great Again"
I don't get it... is the writer implying something? If so, it's a little too subtle for me. . . . . . . . . . .

Can you feel the love tonight

The end. Thoughts so far? Where does this rank among Constantine Nu52 and DCYou series

The number of symbols on the censorship does not even add up.

>Make Germany Great Again
I mean, yeah, Hitler did kinda of say that. Not with those exact words though. Kind of annoying that the author is drawing Trump parallels to Hitler.

Pretty good.
A lot of the dcyou runs greatness was the way the arc ended though so its a little to soon to compare and if the resolution to this arc is as horrible as the resolution to his rebirth the book is doomed.

This art just does not look good. It's...unfinished or something.

HAHA LE DRUMPF HITLER PARRALELS

This page is pretty gold.

>"It was almost like being a different person entirely"
>Artist even tries to copy the previous runs style to make John more babyfaced
kek

Mercury's gonna make you forget allll about Abby Swampy

>expecting anything but liberal politics from John fucking Constantine

It's almost like you've never actually read the comics before

I think your reading to much into it its just an effective slogan that seeps into your subconscious so you find yourself using it.

The writer can use john himself to talk about trump because thats something john would do and in fact did do in the last issue.

First Constantine book I've read. It was pretty fun though I was a little lost, the only characters I knew were John Constantine and Swamp Thing. I choose to waifu Mercury though

Good issue. I'm on board with this series. Only the art needs a bit of improvement.

Are you seriously implying the writer isnt inserting Trump lines when talking about Hitler and comparing the two? Are you fucking delusional.

Im saying that even if it was not subconcious its been used because its an accurate way of describing adolf hitlers platform.

Not only that but its a fucking hellblazer comic do you remember during the thatcher years he constantly fucking complained (admitidly i dont think the naration ever did though)

Plus the page is about war not hitler if anything there talking about the way that trump may well follow in adolfs footsteps and plung the world into war.

Are we not alowed to talk about polititions promising change because that was obamas campaign slogan hell he was an even worse president then trump might turn out.

God damn this art is shit.

DCYou was much better. It's better than the New 52 series but that's seriously not saying much.

I keep forgetting Hellblazer is in the DC universe. It feels so weird when he mentions the Justice League.

>unironically supporting trump

nine pages to clearly establish that he's pan-sexual.

I'm not sure if that's being efficient or if it took too long.

>more talking to the audience
Fuck. This run is not shaping up good.

But the coloring is really bad.

I like that they are acknowledging the fact that ultimantly if they had just asked he would have agreed.

Yeah i really hope they cut back on that.
Everything else seems promising though and a new romantic intrest for swampy to.

The artist left the backgrounds to the coloring most of the time. Doesn't help that the colorist is pretty bad too.

The coloring is done at least in part by the penciler. He seems to also be the inker so don't try to shit blame, the artist is just not good.

Wait this is the second issue? I'm confused

Also what's DCyou? And did John have a series for it?

I'm a long time hellblazer fan and found the Ray Fawkes Constantine bollocks. I stopped reading comics around that time too, so I'm out of the loop. Did DC manage to improve non-vertigo John?

To be fair, he kind always has been.

This

Especially during Swamp things arc where they finally confront the great darkness

>the way that trump may well follow in adolfs footsteps and plung the world into war.

Please drink bleach.

It's the first issue, the rebirth issue last month just acts as a #0 issue.

>John knew Beast boy's Dick of a stepdad
>John is also responsible for him turning even more crazy.

>the art is pretty good in this

Please be joking. Its shit.

>rebirth issue

I have a vague understanding of what that is. Is that why John is acknowledging the events of Alan Moore's swamp thing in regards to swampy using John to bang Abby? So they've basically merged this new John with the pre-flashpoint John?

Hey it might not be as certain as it was with hitler but its a distinct posibility hell if i were an american i would probably be voting for him anyway simply because if we are going to be going to war best it be with troops that carry weapons on base.

I remember when swampy had his body and he met up on the plane with that guy who aranged superhero fights

>that time Swamp Thing made all that dank kush for John's birthday and John drunkenly pissed on the phantom stranger's shoes

He and Zatanna were even fuckbuddies till he got her dad killed.

Is this what passes as good art nowadays?!
This is probably the worst "artist" Constantine had since his integration in the main continuity.

>shitting on moritat
Get fucked

>that time Swamp Thing forced himself down Johns orafices against his will and wrapped around his central nervous system taking complete control of Johns body then walked over to a mirror and smiled to show John he was completely powerless

Oh yeah mate, all this backgrounds are top notch, what do you like the most? the abstract color smears done with a random Ps brush, or the scribbles he wants to make belive is a rural landscape?
And I loved how he can't even do the same face for two consecutive panels.

It is almost like if Sup Forums doesn't have any taste at all!
oh wait

People complaning about politics in Hellblazer have never read Hellblazer

She's from Delano's run right?

Yeah but John was a dick to Swampy earlier so it balances out.

So how much of the vertigo history does this John have? will his marriage ever get mentioned

I would imagine anything from Alan Moore's swamp thing to Garth Ennis since it roughly seems to match the age of John. Delano's and Ennis stuff seems to have had the most important story arcs anyway

It was the fear machine arc i think

>It is almost like if Sup Forums doesn't have any taste at all!
Example: You

>censoring the swearing
This is going to be a terrible run. Hellblazer shouldn't be PG, it should be dark, nasty and full of black humor.

BI-sexual

I dropped all comics when 52 reared in... I know for a fact that this is a tremendous drop in quality from the Vertigo John; but is the Rebirth Hellblazer worse than the 52 version? This is so bad that I don't even want to stick around for the arc. Any news on how long they'll keep these guys on?

New 52 john was a combat spellslinger.

On the other hand they wrote a story where he beat darkseid and it wasent terrible.

The art is better than last months but worse than the previous run. It just doesn't read. If they could just get an artist who wasn't shit this could take off.

kek

>naked
l-l-lewd :)

They're referencing a Vertigo story, you damn mongrel.

I'm interested, sure, but the issue has major flaws that don't bode particularly well for the series' future. I mean look at the art: the backgrounds are a mess, the composition is all over the place, the characters (particularly john) look entirely different from panel to panel, and the colors are so fucking drab. The inks feel like they were done in magic marker, all this digital stuff screams rushed.

And that 4th wall breaking flashback? What the fuck was that? Why not just start the book from there? Just choppy transitions all around. Babyface John still does nothing for me, and Mercury coming back is all fine and good but the fact that Delano's run is decades old just hammers in the awkwardness of this perpetually young John Constantine. DC knows that Hellblazer is a book with rich history and a niche audience but this book feels like it was put on shelves out of an exhausted, confused necessity rather than out of love. I'm gonna keep my eye on this but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Those legs in the second panel, i fell like they could snap any second

So, we Vertigo-countiunity now? Good. But where's Tefé then?

Oh fuck your right the fuck happened.

All he's establishing here is that he wouldn't really mind shagging Abby again

Yes. That was the whole Rebirth event's point.

So, only the good arcs. Nice.

>Kind of annoying that the author is drawing Trump parallels to Hitler.

Both were populists that rode to political popularity by blaming other people for everything that "ruined" their country in a convenient scapegoat ploy.

More that he has forgiven them enough that if they ask nicely he will do it.

Lets be fair the war really fucked germany over.

>John declares he is not going to be the body swap sex object
>In the comic where that happened it was swamp thing that kicked John out of the his swamp

Don't put me in the same bag as you, kid. I'm just here on wednesdays to download comics, not to suck some mediocre artists cock when the oportunity arises.

See?