I just finished to watch the avatar, the last air bender

I just finished to watch the avatar, the last air bender.
Since it was awesome I started to watch the legend of Korra.

>modern city with cars
>you can see random people using the electric bending
>even Zuko with Iroh as master wasn't able to use it
>New avatar from the water tribe
>most difficult bending to learn was supposed to be fire since it's the opposite of her initial bending
>when she was young she was already using the earth, fire and water bending without training
>all the bending are no longer inspired by the martial art
>you see random people with metal bending, see the electric bending issues
>random people can do Ty Lee tier stuff
>lava bending is now a thing
>blood bending can be used even when it's not full moon
>story is some romance twilight tier cancer
>white lotus is now an army to protect the Avatar. It was initially a secret society that only cared about philosophy, beauty and truth, playing pai-cho and drinking tea.
and the list goes on.

I hardly believe it was made by the same people... I am the only one to think this is complete bullshit and they should have stopped it ?

This is now an Asami thread

OP is a queer

Lava Bending is cool, and it gave Bolin something

The Avatar didn't need to exist or be the protagonist for season 1 to work, there were much more capable and likable characters that could have taken the role as protagonist

LoK S4 should have been called Legend of Kuvira, I would have much rather see the chaos and new order after the Earth Queen's fall, with Korra dead/in a wheelcheer-----away from the plot.

I don't know what the hell compelled them to turn Kuvira into a mustache twirling villain. An autocrat, leader of the New Earth Empire, I can get behind--------but a generic "kill the unclean" bad guy? Ugh. Wasted Potential The Series.

Dammit user Fuck OP and fuck this thread

This is now an eternal worship of bestest girl

Korra is bad for many many many reasons but please don't start another discussion. it only ends in arguing and waifufags

case in point

Don't be a raging queer

fuck off to /aco/ with your shitty no personality lesbians

>Asami
>No Personality

>Winter
>No Personality

Korra has no personality her personality is "I like to punch shit"

>modern city with cars
1920s level tech is not modern.
>you can see random people using the electric bending
>even Zuko with Iroh as master wasn't able to use it
You mean generating lightning? Zuko doesn't have the ability for it. Zuko allowed it to be widespread instead of being restricted to just Fire-nation aristocracy.
>New avatar from the water tribe
As it's supposed to. They established the Avatar cycle in TLA.
>most difficult bending to learn was supposed to be fire since it's the opposite of her initial bending
No, the most difficult is what's in relation to their personality. Korra's is aggressive and stubborn, the opposite of Aang. And so Air is her trouble element.
>when she was young she was already using the earth, fire and water bending without training
Just because you don't know a bending style doesn't make you unable to bend.
>all the bending are no longer inspired by the martial art
They very much still are.
>you see random people with metal bending,
They're all still Earthbenders. It's established that Toph went and began teaching people that, and it's still something most people can't do.
>random people can do Ty Lee tier stuff
It was never a skill unique to her.
Nothing wrong with that.
>blood bending can be used even when it's not full moon
Literally only three people could ever do that. And they were all related, and are all dead.
>story is some romance twilight tier cancer
No arguing there.
>white lotus is now an army to protect the Avatar. It was initially a secret society that only cared about philosophy, beauty and truth, playing pai-cho and drinking tea.
To SERVE the Avatar. And there were always that. The only difference now is that they're not a secret anymore because they revealed themselves to the world when they liberated Ba Sing Se.

>1920s level tech is not modern.

It is when compared to feudal fucking China

To be honest, Fire Nation had hidraulic tanks and Iron ships.

Its just that they put all those war inventions to common use.

The suddenly change on the way that they dress is weirder.

Asami is and will continue to be the best girl.
The sky is blue and the sun is bright, there are some things so obvious they aren't worth mentioning.

But yeah, fuck Korra. Asami was the true hero of LoK.

Look at pic related. Fuck Korra with her spirit shit and elemental magic tricks. Asami is a practical women, a true protagonist.

>It is when compared to feudal fucking China

The tech progress from TLA to LoK is not all that dissimilar to things that have happened in real life. China was still largely the same for a 1000 years until the British Empire expanded east and pretty much shared the industrial revolution with them.

This. The real problem with LoK's anachronism is that they end up with a lot of western shit like fancy dress suits and old timey announcers and such, and it's really unclear where any of that comes from since there's no equivalent to Europe or America except maybe swamp water tribe in the setting.

It wasn't made by the same people. The creators were the same, but most of the writers from ATLA weren't there, including the guy that kept all the stupid ideas Bryke had out of ATLA, Aaron Ehasz.

Quit posting this shitty HIBY-tier shit.

fuck off

way do you keep making the same thread

>I hardly believe it was made by the same people
It actually wasn't.

At least they had Doctor Fight.

Most of your list is perfectly well explained and while Korra ended up being quite bad, it's not for almost anything you listed.

i like how you fags overreact about this show go fuck yourself i like both you stupid fag its fucks like you is way we cant have good avatar threads your korra hating fags come in and shit up the thread

Thanks for the salt. My popcorn was a little bland.

>it's the opposite of her initial bending
she had 3 bendings from the get-go. Bein a water nigger doesn't mean she is 'better at bending water'.

AtLA 9.2 > TLoK 8.6

Without Aaron Ehasz and giving the other writers more veto power for stupid bullshit, TLoK ultimately suffered for it. It's still not absolutely dog shit, but the change in writing is definitely noticeable.

>>you see random people with metal bending
it's like that since the comics

it always was

fuck off slut

Go here, we're having a fine Avatar thread. I'm not that user but the fact that you get salty over shitposters shows a lot more than someone just shitposting. Korra is worse than AtLA, deal with it.

Fine time to go autistic on this shit:
>>>modern city with cars
Not a problem. It's fairly consistent with our own technological advancement.
>>you can see random people using the electric bending
This was stupid, but not because random people could use it, but because basing your power supply on the equivalent of hamster wheels is pretty hare-brained.
>>even Zuko with Iroh as master wasn't able to use it
Zuko was simply unsuited for it. Randoms in Korra can't one-shot kill you with it, just produce enough juice to charge batteries or stun people.
>>New avatar from the water tribe
Yes, that is in fact the next in the cycle.
>>most difficult bending to learn was supposed to be fire since it's the opposite of her initial bending
No, the "difficult bending" is such because it clashes with her personality. Aang was a very orthodox airbender, Korra was an unorthodox Waterbender. Makes a lot of sense since the "cure" for difficult enemies is adjusting your attitude, so it's clearly a personality problem.
>>when she was young she was already using the earth, fire and water bending without training
Not very well, but any bender can bend without training. Katara was causing accidents when she got emotional.
>>all the bending are no longer inspired by the martial art
Yes they were, it's simply that the martial arts modernized. Regardless, you never actually needed to do martial arts moves to bend.
>>you see random people with metal bending, see the electric bending issues
"Random People", being the police force Toph herself created and trained.
>>random people can do Ty Lee tier stuff
Ty Lee was a 12-year old girl, why the fuck couldn't grown ass people do it?
>>lava bending is now a thing
Always a thing.

>>blood bending can be used even when it's not full moon
This kind of makes sense because since the Moon gave waterbenders a power boost, a sufficiently powerful/skilled bender could in theory do it without the moon's help.
But in terms of balance it was a bad idea.
>>story is some romance twilight tier cancer
Nice buzzwords.
>>white lotus is now an army to protect the Avatar. It was initially a secret society that only cared about philosophy, beauty and truth, playing pai-cho and drinking tea.
Said army DID directly aid the Avatar a lot the first time around, didn't it? That said them becoming good guy mooks wasn't really a good thing I'll agree.

Korra ended up disappointing and didn't live up to it's potential, but the OP's nitpicking isn't remotely the reason why.

so you like shitting up threads ok

>The Avatar didn't need to exist or be the protagonist for season 1 to work

>Lava Bending ... it gave Bolin something

So you're saying a character like Bolin that had no reason at all for existing since the very beginning of the show is more important than the actual bread and butter of the show that is the Avatar who is the primary one that, by order of the rules of the world that the writers put down, has a hand in restoring things to an order?

Don't respond, I'm just trying to understand how such an opinion can form.

Considering that was my first post in this thread, directing you to a good packed Avatar thread, no, not really. I'm just letting you know it's cringy to watch you cry like a baby over a stupid shitposter.

Letting you know about your autism mate.

>DID directly aid the Avatar a lot the first time around, didn't it?
No, it actually did not. Bumi may have been a part of that order but it never came up. They helped end the war by quelling Ba Sing Se, but they did not directly help the Avatar except at tiny moments like Piandao giving name advice to Aang, and Jeong Jeong setting him on a better path regarding fire.

The White Lotus being who trained the new Avatar creates entire writing issues because, from the beginning of Korra, she can't airbend and doesn't know shit spiritually. So either a) the White Lotus failed miserably as teachers, or b) Korra is so fucking stupid she couldn't pay attention to it. In the first case, something glorious from the original series is damaged in the sequel, and in the second case, our protagonist is fucking retarded. Both are bad situations and neither is entirely wrong, making it worse.