Russia today blocked by UK ISP Virgin Media

As subject. No announcement, no explanation offered. Just blocked at IP level two days ago with. Cannot be pinged through command prompt, cannot be accessed by entering IP address directly. Cannot even run tracert to it. Can be got at through a proxy but that's about it. Any VM fags want to confirm this? You will get a DNS error whatever you try to do.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wyrMr4v9mN8
bbc.co.uk/news/election-us-2016-36960223
reddit.com/r/unitedkingdom/comments/4xzhl8/virgin_media_have_blocked_rt_today/
theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/aug/02/russian-propaganda-western-media-manipulation
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

any brits confirm?

I'm interested in finding out more about this.

Bump.

working just fine for me senpai

Still works on Sky and Talknet. I can't imagine this genuinely happening as it could easily be interpreted as a political move that would inevitably alienate some of Virgin's paying customers.

sky user here confirming it works

Working just fine for me.

I can deny, still working for me

I'm on virgin media and just checked, I can get on rt.com no problem

however I'm in Scotland and it wouldn't surprise me if it's blocked in England (& Wales since you get lumped in with England every single time kek) or something, virgin media have thepiratebay blocked here

Im on Virgin Media and it still works.

Not that i care, RT is literally a Russian propaganda network.

Maybe OP is being marked as a Russian spy so they are blocking his access?

F

Can deny, In england and it worked for me
See:

RT tells the truth way more often then CNN, BBC and all those other shitty networks.

I'd take Fox News and RT over all the rest any day if I had to pick a side.

He probaly is such a russiaboo, that he clicks around all day long on their site, it is so much already, that their security software thinks he is a scanbot and banned him.

RT is pretty shit, but it covers news which have nothing to do with Russia okay

Scottish Plusnet user, RT working fine.

It's leaps and bounds better than BBC News.

Time to make Tony the "grrrrrrreat brrrrritishman" take lessons in russian so he can communicate with Moscow in a more civilized fashion.

>RT tells the truth way more often then CNN, BBC and all those other shitty networks.

RT is interested to show flaws in the west -- CNN and BBC are the opposite, cloaking problems

however, russian interest > truth with RT

RT is just propaganda anyway.

Been having trouble too the past days. I'm going through 8.8.8.8 often getting DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN

BBC is not that cucked, they publish articles about the downfall of Zimbabwe, the poo in loo problem, Africans chimpouts, terrorists among migrants... It's the most based MSM if you stick to the news

And they actually bothered to heavily cover Soros. Or the Refugee placement company in germany that talked about Child guillotines. They are always covering stories I wish the other media would cover.

Works fine for me and I'm on virgin.

here in us its been down for days at a time over the last week. also currently down here as well. they had some article up about sustained ddos attacks tho

Live in north east england btw.

BBC paid for a racist propaganda show to make us look bad

youtube.com/watch?v=wyrMr4v9mN8

>implying that (((our))) own networks are not propoganda

Holy Kek, user, get a grip.

Lols all media is propaganda. If you wanna learn about a country watch all media except the one they produce. RT is good for anything that doesn't involve Russia. Al Jazera is good for anything except middle eastern perspective.

>tfw your ISP is called Virgin Media to remind you every day of tfw no gf

They are pretty left wing on domestic news but bloody good internationally

Cuck jokes aside, I prefer paying for it through the TV licence, because it has a public broadcaster mandate and isn't owned by (((international business interests)))

it might not be cucked compared to your spaghetti nigger news, but its not good

It's good internationally yet it shits all over Trump and anyone else in the world who runs for the "right wing" party?

Yeah, no.

anyone reading aljazeera thats not a sandnigger should be charged with treason

US just has no coverage. It's full of local shit. Intl news on US networks is awful.
90s CNN was OK (really)

I'm not saying that is really based, but it doesn't censor third world problems. Most of the leftists cuck arguments can be confuted by BBC articles covering news that usually don't find space on Huffington Post or CNN.

I use Virgin and RT loaded up fine for me

Don't worry, they're still better than CNN
It started covering the Turkish coup two hours after the other media's, and it was afternoon.

bbc.co.uk/news/election-us-2016-36960223

They are all over Hillary too. Nobody gets an easy ride

Based Brits.

If you followed them on Twitter, you would understand what I mean about them berating people with bullshit. They might have a couple of articles here and there, but the articles they push over and over every 10 minutes aren't those.

True. You just have to filter out the BS just like with any news organisation these days. However some stories about Russia can be more objective than in the western media. And they talk about some things the Western media wont. But yeah a lot of BS also. I guess you just have to look at bith and look for the truth somewhere in the middle.

lol

Holy Crap who's that?!

Russians barely visit Russia Today. They have their own sites.

Goes to show. Nothing is blocked in russia, but they block RT - freedom of information, amirite. BBC just can't handle the bantz, as usual.

Fucking british caliphate.

Strange. Both VM right? Found this on lebit.

reddit.com/r/unitedkingdom/comments/4xzhl8/virgin_media_have_blocked_rt_today/

Like here, seems inaccessable for some, fine for others.

This is the same error as me m8 gets on two PCs and a phone connected through router. IT just strikes me as odd taht he couldn't even connect by entering IP directly. Scotland if this makes any difference.

Why do pommy military wear those goofy round helmets?

Working just fine here.

Fuck Twitter. I don't know anyone who isn't an SJW or a celebrity worshipper who uses that shit.

Those BBS wages for diversity team has to be paid by someone. They can afford having concurrents who make more sense with world view and doesn't require forced obligatory subscription.

I had that some exact problem yesterday here in the states and it was only on RT and not other sites but later in the day it went away

When did this occur? It seem's to be hitting some VM users? Last night the strangest thing happened where my IP changed after a few minutes of down time WHILE I WAS BROWSING RT. My IP was static for atleast 8 years before this... I can still access RT just fine.

I use it to keep track of news, personalities or YouTubers I find interesting. If you followed the right people, you'd realize a ton of Sup Forums use it. Like "Ass on Right" and "Oven The Libtards" are a couple guys I know who post funny shit sometimes.

I just accessed it using Virgin. The problem is clearly a technical issue with your router.

To protect their heads from bullets and shrapnel. I know that's not relevant for Aussies, because your heads contain of nothing of value.

It's fucking easy to bypass this restriction

just add a free DNS on your network parameters

>Not that i care, RT is literally a Russian propaganda network.

theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/aug/02/russian-propaganda-western-media-manipulation