Theme park thread? Theme park thread

Theme park thread? Theme park thread.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FDDNjL9lOo0
disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2016/08/celebrate-disney-photopass-day-on-august-19/
youtube.com/watch?v=KH7xtq7htb0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Went to both Disneyland and Universal Studios Hollywood in the last two months. I've been to that Universal park 4-5 times before (my rich uncle sends me in with his kid on a yearly basis, I take him on all the thrill rides that my uncle's not up for), but this time I was really pleased by how they'd improved in the Springfield area, and it was my first time in the Hollywood Wizarding World. I'd never had that much fun in the park before.

It was my first time in Disneyland. I don't like Cars as a movie but the ride was fantastic, went on it twice through the single riders line. I also got to give Judy Hopps and Nick Wilde hugs, which was nice if as awkward as any encounter with people in mascot costumes is. Shame about Tower of Terror.

The new Springfield USA area has a lot of attention to detail. The Taco truck is good too.

It's weird how outdated a huge chunk of universal rides are I mean Technically most are fine like toon land has been outdated probably since it was made

Toon Lagoon? That was kind of the point though. The characters used are "classic" ones.

Universal should keep their outdated rides, rather than replace them all with 3D screens and two rooms.

Motion sims are fun, exciting, and innovative. Spiderman ride is probably one of the best ones they've made.

That being said, I wish they didn't do it for fucking everything new.

Yeah, Spiderman is good, but King Kong isn't.

King Kong would be good if it wasn't just a literal stock motion sim.

Islands of Adventure is the biggest ripoff ever. Fuckers make you pay incredible amounts of money to do almost anything. We couldn't even ride anything without buying their version of a fast pass because every ride had at least an hour and a half wait, on a Tuesday. They also force you to pay to put your phone away for any decently sized ride.

Went to Great America a few weeks ago. It made me kind of sad that all those saturday morning cartoons I grew up watching--cartoons that my old man probably grew up watching too--are almost unrecognized by a lot of the kids there.

Six Flags needs to start making some good themed rides again; batman is really showing its age.

>to do almost anything

You mean nothing?
>Every ride had at least an hour and a half wait
really? huh. Usually harry potter sucks in everyone.

Definitely not used to seeing a hour and a half line, but, yeah, Universal's gone way down hill.

What do you guys think of pic related?

Never heard of him desu

Anyone got predictions/wants/ideas for the Nintendo Area Universal is adding?

A whole parkful of ideas. Best I'm expecting is Zelda and Mario, MAYBE Pokemon and a little Kirby cafe if we're lucky.
>that idea from previous threads about making Clock Town on HHN and having a moon balloon fall
I want it so bad.

>I was the one who came up with it

I feel accomplished that people like the idea so much.

>Look it up
>Channel Awesome, but he doesn't seem to be collaborating with Doug and the other fucks at all
I'll give it a try.

What's so bad about Doug?

I went to the harry potter thing for graduation

Jesus christ the wands are expensive. I bought one anyways.

Did you buy an interactive one?

yeah

This

According to LordKat his brother Rob screws over a bunch of people while Doug sits on the sidelines.

I didn't think it was worth it to buy personally desu.

Maybe if they were like magiquest or something, but that would degrade from the park atmosphere.

Sauce?

Granted I haven't actually been to Universal Studios in Florida, so I can't speak to the actual quality of the attractions

But I am bummed that Toon Lagoon and the KidZone are probably going to get scrapped in favor of Nintendo and Dreamworks

I know modern kids don't know Woody Woodpecker or Popeye or Betty Boop or Rocky & Bullwinkle ... but there's a certain kind of charm to having a bunch of classic cartoon characters all interacting like that.

Combined with the Lucille Ball, Groucho Marx, Universal Studios monsters, there's a real feeling of stepping into golden age Hollywood and pop culture ... and there should be some way to preserve it.

I know it doesn't make sense from a corporate standpoint, but Universal should give up Marvel. As long as US and Disney play this war of attrition ... neither park will live up to its full potential.

Universal *should* say fuck it (but they won't) and replace Marvel with Nintendo. Then find a way to preserve ET and the classic toons in their own section

Yeah the whole two park money maker kinda left me burnt out dark theme parks all together

Ehh I am just a really big harry potter fan and i have it displayed in front of the books now. I wouldn't have bought it if it were just a whim, but my gf and I went to the harry potter parks specifically and both intended to buy a wand from the beginning.

ET won't go down till Spielberg dies. He said he'd never make another movie with universal involved if they removed it.

I'm actually in favor of kidzone being removed (it's very low traffic), but I think toon lagoon should stay. It's a shame woody woodpecker went from being the mascot to barely remembered, but maybe he can at least die with some decency.

>tfw going to Disney World in just a few weeks for the start of the food and wine festival
I've never been this time of year. I'm not sure if I'm more excited for the food or the alcohol. Totally dreading the weather though.

I might check out Universal while I'm there, if just for a day. I haven't better since Wizarding World opened.

>Totally dreading the weather though.
its alright right now

I say lost continent needs to go (even though that poseidon statue is awesome)

>Universal will never do a Marvel zombies theme for superhero island during Horror nights

and theres no way in hell Disney would do something as scary as that because "Muh Child Demographic"

I went to six flags for the first time last Sunday and honestly I felt it was pretty good in terms if rides, but the DC themes they have on most of their rides are tacked on at best. It seems only the Riddler has any major theme that can be seen

I really want that Oogie boogie pin.

also the merch for this years Not so scary is pretty weak.

youtube.com/watch?v=FDDNjL9lOo0

Good. Marvel Zombies is shit.

Marvel got mad when they did a Maximum Carnage thing where all the heroes were killed, so no more Marvel in HHN. At least, I'm pretty sure that's how it went. It does seem like wasted potential though, the Marvel universe lends itself well to spooky shit.

Wasn't spiderman decapitated in that?

this six flags has 4 Sup Forums related rides
the superman
the batman
and the scooby doo laser game
bugs bunnys water ride

I've only ever been to six flags over texas. They just added 3 new Sup Forums related rides featuring catwoman, harley, and the riddler.

Is there any place to find Gravity Falls merchandise at Disney World? I'm trying to think of souvenirs to get for my friends and I have one friend that really likes Gravity Falls.

I think your best bet might be the World of Disney store.

Yo, so who else went to Disney World last week on Friday for PhotoPass Day?

Photowhat day?

Magic Mountain has a few. Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Flash, a Lex Luthor ride built on the sides of the Superman tower.

IIRC, they got Clancy Brown to record on-board audio for that one.

This'll explain.

disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2016/08/celebrate-disney-photopass-day-on-august-19/

It was on very short notice too. They just basically brought out some rare characters for photos.

Huh, That's pretty interesting.

How was it?

It was really fun. Of course I made plans as soon as I heard of it for the Magic Kingdom to see Pinocchio, Foulfellow and Gideon. I was there somewhat early (10:30ish) and the wait wasn't too long maybe 30 minutes. It apparently got over an hour long wait later in the day. Sadly I don't really have an annual pass so I was just there for the day; I would've loved to go to Epcot also to see Mushu/Queen of Hearts/Dopey

Are you a florida resident?

Yep, I live about an hour from WDW.

Don't they offer huge bargains for florida residents on annual passes? Or is that something only Universal and Seaworld do?

Yea you basically get a huge break on the price. If you aren't a FL resident you have to make one big purchase. Like for Platinum Plus Annual Passes you have to pay like $776 for it, or, if you're a FL resident, you can just pay $112 down payment then pay like $50 a month.

Any reasons you haven't gone for it?

I currently don't have a job or money (20 in uni living w parents) but my dad has thought about paying for a pass for me.

Ah ok. Louisiana resident here, anytime I go to the Orlando themeparks it involves a long ass drive.

Even if I got the florida resident rates me paying for an annual pass would be foolish.

Not sure, I never got a chance to see it and I don't think it was ever recorded. Kind of a bummer, I would LOVE to see what it was like.

Not the best but it'll do. youtube.com/watch?v=KH7xtq7htb0