What's the point of this pairing?

What's the point of this pairing?

Fat bitches get horny for thin boys.

The New Lars was probably my favorite of the recent Beach City centric episodes desu

Relationships in cartoons are the hot new thing, the more the merrier.

To show that shitty people will never fail to find each other.

Sub/Dom relationships among teens are O.K.

"Eh, fuck it, why not?" -sucrose.

They're more like sub/sub.

It's Rebecca Sugar's OC OTP

To waste episodes and runtime.

That's nearly the entire show.

To trigger lore- and waifufags

Nah, Lars is a Dom. But a really whiney, lazy one.

He's the kind of dom if paired with another dom he would be a sub. Easily.

To show dysfunctional relationships between two shitty people isn't necessarily a bad thing.

We're not talking about Greg and Rose.

This.

Lars and Sadie episodes are complete filler. Don't let any deluded SU fan tell you different.

Sugar's OC's from her ed,edd, and eddy fanfictions

Bleh, he's an insecure weakling, he just happened to find someone who seems to thrive on being treated like trash. With literally anyone else he'd be the sub.

The whole show is full of those.

to remind women that they're victims i guess. no matter how much of what they do is their own fault, it's still a man hurting them and not their fault for letting him

also i guess for some reason they want to include midgets. not sure why anyone would do that. or are they going to start saying THAT isn't a disease either

as a fat bitch i can confirm

To show the kids at home that you too can also have a friends with benefits relationship at a young age.

rebecca living out her Ed, Edd and Eddy fan fictions

1980s: nerdy white protagonists are owed hot cheerleaders by the end of the film.

2010s: fat white female protagonists are owed romances with anyone they choose, provided they are attracted to the character.

Just the way the cultural zeitgeist goes, really.

some fat, stout loser on staff is living out her fantasy relationship vicariously through a cartoon and making everyone watch the awkward trainwreck unfold.

Ugly girls are desirable and men are irrational and weak.

I keep this gif around for moments like this

If that's the case then she must have some level of rationality and self-awareness to make her theoretical 'fantasy' this much of a trainwreck - unless she's messed up, and this is how she wants it to play out IRL?

so that the straights don't feel left out

Straight relationship that's closer to a real one than most animated/comic ones.
They don't quite fit together. But there's still something going on between them that makes them want to be with each other.

I mean is there any movie that gives the fat girl the hot guy?
Lars is a loser, or atleast as much of one as you can be on a show that tries desperately to perpetuate the idea there's no such thing as a loser. He's insecure, unhappy and unpopular. Maybe he's hot, it's not really easy to tell in this style, everyone is pretty ugly but if you wait around long enough you'll get context on how they're SUPPOSED to look.

fat ugly girls with codependency issues date skinny ugly guys that have Bipolar issues

I think we're supposed to consider them a Good girl/Bad boy trope, but really Sadie is just as bad as Lars. I hear people complain how Lars never fucking changes his act, but neither does Sadie. She continues to be a doormat for a guy who will never reciprocate her feelings because she's not what the "Cool" society would want.

They're both complete fucking losers.

Who ever thinks Sadie is the good one has miss the two episodes where she was fuck up.
I mean for fuck sakes she was straight up trying Stockholm tactics in Island Adventure.

Her aim wasn't to get it on with him. She was trying to help him.
Lars fucking hates Beach City. A vacation was a decent idea for him to stop being so angry at everything around him.

>insecure weakling
if he wasn't so modest he'd bust out his 6-pack

>She was trying to help him.
By hiding their means of leaving and basically imprisoning them?
It's a free warp pad not a million dollar cruse, Steven even states in the episode they could come back later.
Also that is very fuck up help. Lars needs to work out his own issues, but watching the episode it's pretty clear that Sadie was doing what Sadie wanted and had no real heart for actually helping Lars

>MFW tiny manatee x lars

It almost worked though, being the island cook was a good role for him, and Lars started opening up to Sadie and Steven in ways he never has before.

Lars is hurt alone, sadies sweet and caring. ill never get my sadie at this point

"if we're compassionate we'll help them, but you get no moral credit for forcing other people to do what you think is right. There is great joy in helping people, but no joy in doing it at gunpoint."'

Also watch the episode again some time, she wasn't doing it for his sake

R u cute? Would u mind a pudgy boy?

She was, but she also had ulterior motives.

Not even SU fans like Lars and Sadie.

Fuck outta here Sup Forums, no one gives a shit desu.

Sadie is cool I think. Lars is funny! Only constructive criticism for my art please!

tfw I'm tall skinny not-super-attractive guy with social problems and me ex was over-dependent short and fat

At least you tried/10

I can kinda see what you were going for/10

I wasn't shooting in the dark with the post I made.
I see Lars/Sadie relationships everywhere.

>so that the straights don't feel left out
>forgets about those ten billion connie steven episodes.

>new
Did you start watching cartoons last year?

How fucking young are you? 207-2012 most cartoons on the air could be summarized as romance with a side of comedy/action
Hell Adventure Time had fucking seasons dedicated to dating.

I've always gotten the impression that there were intended to be more important to the show than they ended up being

Didn't one of the creators say that their was a huge shift in narrative where the Gems were originally meant to be more as occasional guest stars or plot starters and the show was suppose to focus much more on the human cast? That somewhere in the first 20 episodes that got lost in the shuffle and the Gems started taking center stage?

To promote the idea that women can be as fat as they want to and you have to accept that and find them attractive but men must all still be tall and thin.

Shows that relationships be complicated, yo.

But what about Greg

Greg
Yellow tail
Steven himself
All disprove this to a good amount

it's almost like you're the one with an agenda, whoa.

You're acting as if Sadie is as large as a "My 600LB Life" Contestant.

left everything behind for love: greg
managed to get rose to talk with him like he was a real person, with love: greg
had an epiphany and made himself a better person: greg
owns carwash and lives in van but is still a good father and supports steven: greg
the only one of steven's guardians who hasn't almost gotten the kid killed: greg

how is greg not the best character on the show to love and start a family with besides rose?

what about fryman? jamie? ronaldo?

Conflict, mostly. Either character on their own would have trouble standing singly when introduced and in early portions of the story.

Together they can also be a source of jokes, comments, one-liners and, like mentioned, conflict. Conflict deeps stories and characters, and without it, they are generally uninteresting.

Now that the series has progressed, they can stand a bit more solo because of their established traits and history.

Also
You are totally right there.

>207-2012 most cartoons on the air
Medieval animation > all other eras

I really wanna beat up Lars and take Sadie for myself.

Prove it
If you're still here

So if I think you are to fat I'm justified in hiding your food and means to get food till you slim down?
If I think that job of yours is making you to serious I can either get you fired or force a leave of time off to "fix" you?
If I think you are ugly I should just set you up with a plastic surgeon because you'll feel better when you are pretty?

That's the kind of toxic logic you are justifying here

There are Sadies everywhere
At lest her in the north east US

>Forgets that Connie and Steven fuse to ham handedly represent Trans people
Wierd, the most often seen straight couple are a dysfunctional unhealthy relationship where the girl is constantly the victim, really makes you think, huh?

Show a complicated, nuanced relationship.

Great bais confirmation there
Do you bait because it's all you have left or is this just what you do when your brain goes numb?

It's two teenagers being teenagers
You read anymore into that you are fucking stupid

I've been in the fandom since the beginning and I don't recall

Sadie is an evil and obsesed madwoman and lars is is a pathetic faggot who trys way to hard to fit in.

Lars can be redeemed sadie is beyond help

It's actually the single most complicated relationship on the show. It's entirely wasted on such shitty characters, but yeah, it's genuinely intriguing.

what a perfect world we live in, because skinny boys get wet for thicc girls

Fat chick confirming.

If I ever date a skinny guy our weights will average out to that of a normal couple.

No, that's the whole point that the pairing is trying to show.

Isnt Lars trans or some shit? For diversity or some shit I guess.

Fat chicks need love too

Sadie is Sugar's self insert so I guess Lars represents Ian JQ

To keep them from dating other, decent people.

>am ugly and bipolar
>in love with fat ugly girl with codependency issues
>she loves my ugly and bipolar side
>but is too conflicted on me not being skinny
If only I was skinny I'd be bagging fat ugly insecure pussy all over town.

show me this magical place

Pandering to the fat crowd.

Michigan, Wisconsin, Ohio off the top of my head.

What no
Tumblr has convinced themselves the show panders to them though so they probably think he is

I don't understand the question?

Your art is cringe incarnate.

>waluigu
you're tring too hard

Remember that time Sadie kidnapped two people for weeks hoping that one of them would lose hope in ever returning home and fuck her? Remember how she would have just kept them there on that island forever had it not been for the monster, and she would have gotten away with it completely?

>Wierd, the most often seen straight couple
That's not Greg and Rose. Or Connie and Steven. So they're the third most seen straight couple. And they aren't really a couple.

I don't know. I still can't get over the episode where she trapped him on a deserted island to get in his pants, and wouldn't let him go home even though he was extremely miserable and on the verge of tears on several occasions. Then, when he finds out she trapped them their and could have taken them home any time, she gets mad at him and pretends it's his fault. Fuck, I mean, seriously? Fuck that psycho bitch. That was the last full episode I watched, I quit cold turkey after that.

this face accurately depicts how I look when I'm at work

>forcedsmile.png

Human characters are added to develop and show off Steven's humanity and kindness. When he helps people out and listens to them, it shows that he's similar to Rose.

Lars is basically just there so that Steven can struggle over a long period of time. That's why he's such a shitbird.

Also, they're basically just Kevin and Nazz. Rebecca really likes EEnE.

They're the most boring characters of the show. Even Onion is more interesting and he doesn't do much unless it's an episode centered around him.