"Bucky...

>"Bucky, I acknowledge that you were being mind controlled by Nazi scientists and had no control over your actions and indeed did everything in your power during the 1940s to resist their control. But since you killed my parents on a mission that was inexplicably recorded on VHS, I will attempt to kill you. Note also that I am not completely blood-crazed during this episode, as I do everything in my power to avoid harming Captain America more than necessary and am still capable of thinking strategically, rendering moot any attempt to explain away my actions as being just the gut reaction of a grieving man."

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ij8D4nm-hkA
youtu.be/Sg3NrdLVDVc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Getting angry doesn't mean getting stupid, senpai.

How was he supposed to react Mr. Op?

>I didn't completely lose my shit, so I was in complete control of my faculties
Solid logic.

People can know they are doing the wrong thing and choose to do it anyway.

It's true. Civil War is a 4/10 movie at best.

Though I guess we can just call it two stars out of five to trigger the Sup Forumstards less.

Still better written than Bendis Iron Man.

His first hit at Cap was justified. But if Stark weren't complete shit he'd have helped them take down Zemo with a "you're not off the hook, but now is not the time" at Cap and Bucky.

Good bait

Fitting considering the comics aren't much better than that.

This, Tony himself said that he is aware of the brainwashing but didn't gave a shit.

Tony again and again has made spur-of-the-moment decisions based on his emotions that didn't work out for him. Like shutting down weapons development without any notice, daring terrorists to come after him, or that whole Ultron thing. This is no different.

Why is this board so terrible now?

Even in this movie, the reason he wants to support the accords was because of that woman that showed up after his presentation.

>marvelfags in this thread acting like they actually care about their family

Gay CapxTony fanfiction is better written than Bendis Iron Man

Because Sup Forums is actually hell.

It can't be that bad.

Look within the context of the movie, user. The very first scene with Stark shows him having spent millions to manufacture a fabricated closure between him and his parents, so he can finally put that tragedy behind him.

Then he learns that death was no accident, and that everything he knew about it was a lie, and actually witnesses the act on video. No matter how cool you want to play it, seeing that shit ripped open decades-old scars. Tony wasn't justified attacking Bucky, but I sure as hell understand it and think given the circumstances it was unavoidable.

You know how virtually every thread has a few shitposters or company wars fags? Imagine if every single poster was like that.

>a character acts irrational upon finding out the person whose been responsible for all the strife amongst the Avengers the entire movie killed his mom

how dare he

it was probably an accident that the car crashed next to the only street lamp that had a camera on that country road

why would there even be a camera out there in the fucking 60s

It was 1991 user

oh fuck was it?

how old is tony now?

They don't say, but in the techno-psychiatric flashback we get in the beginning of Civil War, Tony's mom mentions that he's back from school for the holidays, so I assume he was in his late teens-early 20's in 1991

Because "My Mommy" triumphs over everything.

>martha.jpg

Sup Forums is almost entirely shit posting memes. the number of threads of actual discussion can be counted on one hand.

Tony's rather fucked up, in case you've been ignoring every piece of media he's ever appeared in that didn't involve fight scenes.

MCU Tony was born in 1970

>Sup Forums almost unamisuouly defend this
>always tear Snyder apart because grimdark

Don't get me wrong I don't like either but I'm sick of this shitty hivemind board you're all fucking worse than Sup Forums now

The funny thing is Tony adequately encapsulates both points in the movie. He shows regret and disappointment in where the Accords were putting people (a prison better suited for actual super villains as opposed to heroes who break the law while standing up for what they believe in). He also immediately goes to a place where the Accords (represented by Ross) doesn't want him to go. So basically he fits Steve's points perfectly.

However Tony was never the most stable individual, emotionally. He has terrible impulse control and doesn't make the best life choices under stress. His breakdown and attack on Bucky proves that at their power level they need some form of check in case they go out of control.

It's not really the same situation.

One character lashes out violently at the climax of the movie because they're brash, emotionally damaged and impulsive. The other is a mopey, introspective and dark take on a character who's typically about hope, inspiration and doing what's right even when it's impossible.

Holding Tony Stark and Superman to the same standards of heroism is a little outlandish.

>inexplicably recorded on VHS
I mean, it was supposed to be security footage from 1991. They very well would've had VHS recording back then, OP. What I don't get is how it clearly goes from a distant security camera angle to suddenly showing what's going on right up close with Bucky and Tony's parents, as if said camera jumped down from its perch and trotted over to see what was up. That made no sense.

Bucky willingly let himself be mind controlled time and time and time and time and (look at his case file) time again. Killing himself would have saved many important people's lives but he was too selfish and greedy to do that

>It's a another "Civil War movie is popular and mainstream, so it now sucks" episode

Mind control is such a cop out for " he can do no wrong". It's like when Hickup forgave toothless for murdering his Dad while under mind control but didn't even bother to ask him 20 minutes later when he broke out of the exact same mind control why he didn't bother doing the same for his dad

Marvel movies are poorly written and riddled with inconsistencies because they only care about money. They don't care at all about the characters, or telling a good story. It's like watching fireworks.

And yet that makes more money than DC who doesn't the exact same thing. Makes you think

Come on, man, be honest. We were arguing about this when it first game out anyway.

Can you blame superman for being mopey in those movies? And he still does what's right no matter the cost or who hates him

Also man of steel inspired the fuck out of me with that flight scene and "what if a child dreamed of being something society didn't intend" speech

BvS was way more inspiring. At times it really does feel like Batman's way is right. The whole "world only makes sense when you force it to" and not trusting anyone, 1% chance thing. But Superman is right. And Bruce at the end is right too; we can build a better earth.

youtube.com/watch?v=ij8D4nm-hkA

A truly amazing scene.

>Can you blame superman for being mopey in those movies?

No, but I can blame the director.

I think Sup Forums is really full of people who can watch their mother beaten to death and think about it rationally afterwards. It's not that they're cold blooded, they just hate women *that* much.

>Thinking logically during emotional fits
Every time.

Off to tumblr with you.

If they hated women that much they wouldn't be rational after, they'd be gleeful. They'd aggressively befriend Bucky.

Hey man, if the he man woman haters club card fits.

>You never loved her.

You're just jealous that I don't love you.

Unrepentant guy love fits the Sup Forums profile though. You guys are always talking about dick.

...I was going to post a pic of nightwing but my phones being retarded. :sadface:

>MCU Tony does something retarded

what else is new? its part of his characterization

DUDE HOLD ON LET ME JUST BUILD ULTRON FOR A SEC

Remember that scene I reference in my last post from the Star Trek reboot? Sup Forumswould answer. "You're right of course. Love is illogical.

Then the bad guys would have blown up earth. Great job nerds, your lack of familial love will kill us all.

>any attempt to explain away my actions as being just the gut reaction of a grieving man."

His parents have been dead for close to three decades that that point, no? Dude's just a wreck.

>Remember that scene I reference in my last post from the Star Trek reboot?

No, user, how is anyone supposed to tell what post you're talking about? Who the fuck are you supposed to be?

>anger is rational
Tops sperg.

I know we're all anonymous but the other post was like three whole posts up. I know that's a lot to expect you to read and keep track of, and I'm sorry I put all that pressure on you. It was the other one making fun of you autismal fuckers not caring about their mothers though if that helps narrow it down any.

I could see my dad get beaten to death and have the same reaction. I didn't shed a tear when my grandfather did next to me.

Isn't he saying that anger is irrational and if he were in 100% rage mode he wouldn't have been able to use strategy? I mean, the clear response is that he's not fully blinded by anger, but still angry enough to lash out.

Just a reminder that MCU Tony has been dealing with PTSD ever since The Avengers. Nigga's unhinged and it's been acknowledged in story many times.

>Edge-sama

Wow, you're totally dark and bad ass. I bet you get like all the pussy. All of it.

Really he should have just punched Steve in the face and if Steve had any dignity he would have let him and should have been that

Quote the part of my post where I said I was a badass.

Or proud of the fact even.

>I'm burdened with the intestinal fortitude to not care when my parent was beaten to death.

>No one will ever know how hard it is to be such a stone cold badass.

I think you're looking for the woe is me reddit. It's on another website.

>>No one will ever know how hard it is to be such a stone cold badass.
Again, I never said I was badass. I never even interpreted my words as possibly meaning that until you replied to my posts.

And Sup Forums is far more woe is me than reddit ever is.

>I can watch my own son beaten to death and do sudoku immediately afterwards.

>I'm not bragging though. It makes me very sad that I can't feel sad.

Dude. Just stop.

And here you are once again taking my words and twisting them. I never said I was sad or proud, if you were reading you'd have noticed that.

Funny how when I point out a part of Sup Forums is far more >muhfeels than reddit ever was you drop the point.

Satan likes funny box!

>stop twisting my words about the incredible hardship I face being so gosh darned cool under pressure.

I think the funny part is that you don't even know what you're doing.

What I'm doing is talking to a troll.

>Oh and I'll let Zemo get away. I don't care if he was behind all these terrorist attacks and it has been confirmed that you were being controlled by him.

>I remember the time I talked to a troll. My grandmother had just beaten my cousin to death with a wooden spoon.

>I'm still horribly depressed that I felt nothing when that happened. Won't anyone tell me that I'm totes awesome?

Zemo didn't kill his mom. That was the guy standing next to him.

m8 I genuinely cannot remember the last time I cried for somebody's pain that wasn't my own. This is a pretty odd place to get brownie points for such an (in)action. You made a point and I replied to it. Just because it doesn't fit your own world view of things doesn't mean it's untrue or for the internet to think kindly of.

No, creating guidelines about how someone is supposed to act while angry is effectively a misunderstanding of the emotion.
OP implies that he isn't irrational enough to attack Bucky because he won't kill his best friend, which 'false equivalency' doesn't even begin to describe.

>Mate. If you only knew what it was like to not give a shit about anyone else. The hardship I endure, not giving a fuck. My emotions.

>...about my lack of emotions.

Dude. No one gives a shit. Stop posting. Go feel about not feeling things somewhere else.

youtu.be/Sg3NrdLVDVc

If you didn't give a shit you wouldn't be responding or putting words in my mouth every time you've replied to me.

I've never said anything about "what it's like to not give a shit about anyone else" or a "hardship".

Last chance. If the next reply has any "quotes" that I didn't type I won't respond.

>Oh no.

Autist Omega surfaces.

Does this make him a well written character then? A flawed character can be a good one, just not necessarily a good person. I think Stark being so knee-jerk and prone to overreaction is part of his character, not sloppy writing.

>Hello captain america welcome to the 21st century I think you need to know that your friend killed your teammate's parents. This is top secret. Use this infomation judiciously

Finding out that the guy you're suppose to be helping is the one that did it can set you off.

My parents could be dead for 50 years but if I find out my wife's dad is the nazi that killed them, I'm gonna wreck his shit

>autist

As opposed to Sup Forums posters being euphoric in their enlightenment. "watching your mother get beaten to death is no excuse to drop your logic, bro."

On one finger more like it. Probably not even that.

Exactly. Tony was fucking deranged at that point, but not so totally deranged that he couldn't control SOME of his actions.

its inexplicable because why does a random lightpost on a country road have a camera and what are the odds that the plot relevant event would happen right in front of said random as fuck camera even if it were there?

That was a great line delivery by RDJ. "I don't care. He killed my mom" was absolutely chilling.

I need to screemcap this and use on a comic.

Man of Steel's trailer is the best Superman movie ever made.

Man of Steel itself is slightly better than Superman III.

>let himself

do you understand how mind control works, user?

Did Zola straight up tell him, or even imply, that it was the Winter Soldier who killed the Starks? He said Hydra dealt with threats and impediments and showed the headline about their deaths, but I don't recall him making it clear Bucky's the one who did it.

Steve claimed he didn't know it was Bucky. Why would he lie?

But that's what he did at first.
Zemo killed the other Winter Soldiers and so there was no threat anymore. That was the genius of his plan:
He neutralized Tony's antagonism towards him and redirected it towards Bucky.

And for most of the movie, he's actually in the right. Every time he's willing to work with Cap, Cap jumps in and does something that makes that shit 100X times more difficult to justify in the eyes of the law

Steve claimed he knew. Somehow.

>Tony's entire characterization since Avengers is that he's become paranoid and overly emotional and has had difficulty hiding it
Seems about par for the course considering his entire motivation in Civil War is getting triggered by the bitch who cornered him after his lecture to blame him for not saving her son while he was stopping mass global extinction

Steve knew Hydra killed the Starks, he just did not know it was Bucky.

It's really hard to control yourself when its something as big as his mother's death.
He's angry, literally anything could set him off at that point, so bucky being there and cap knowing about it was the tipping point for tony.
I'm sure if they had hulk to hold him down, tony would've been pissed off but he would be taken to his home and wait for him to cool off instead of the big cool fight