/doag/

Exxxploits (that's with three x's) edition.

I don't remember Magneto enlisting his teacher to seduce his sister, but I also don't read X-men.

Other urls found in this thread:

joyceandwalky.com/members/200508octbargein.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200509freeload.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200510pluto.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200511rockthisplace.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200512honorroll.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200601dorothy.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200602flattered.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200603alternate.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200604bedside.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200605arm.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200606exercise.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200607marry.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200608danny.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200609search.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200610molehill.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200611rosenthal.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200612distractions.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200701baldy.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200702leave.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200703ponies.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200704reunion.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200705kids.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200706david.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200707worry.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200708wham.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200709birth.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200710dining.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200711fall.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200712yule.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200801movingon.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200802speedyhitched.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200803fisticuffs.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200804showers.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200805iscanbemarriage.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200806studentteaching.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200807marcie.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200808dropit.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200809vows.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200810fonts.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200811missing.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200812themom.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200901chopper.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200902brockosmodernlife.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200903parents.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200904vendetta.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200905transplant.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200906dead.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200908thedayof.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200909stranded.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200910hiya.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200912voices.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/201001fightfightfight.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/201003flyaway.html
itswalky.com/members/theend.html
youtube.com/watch?v=egdObHpiAF8
youtube.com/watch?v=ovfM7dvFto0
itswalky.tumblr.com/post/111423718947/does-joyce-actually-think-she-was-gay-hating-or
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Oh, right, Roz apparently made a sex tape that got her sister in trouble because... Reasons?
Was there anything going on when the whole sex tape thing happened that paralleled reality?

Also, it wasn't so much Magneto seducing his sister as much as it was Magneto's son, though this only happened in the Ultimate Universe of Marvel Comics.

What does Leslie even see in Robin?

Stalkerish attraction? It makes no sense, just Willis being a hack who can't explore a new personality for the woman named Leslie fucking Bean.

Breasts, I think?

>using agency in a conversation

what's even happening anymore

In the comic? No clue.
Comment section has a heated debate about if Marcie could be a cop without being able to talk.

roz wants leslie to fuck robin to ruin her republican credit or something. leslie is amenable because loving robin is her defining character trait.

I've been waiting for this!

and this.

Naw I think it was a plot point constructed specifically for the story because there used to be a time where Willis drew from his head rather than capitalized on popular opinion and just shoved it into his work.

Her sister's a Conservative who runs on traditional values and morals and shit. So Roz being a new-age progressive slut hurts Robin's campaign.

>roz wants leslie to fuck robin to ruin her republican credit or something.
So she'll try and ruin her sister's political career and public image, dragging her name through the mud and invariably hurting her entire family all because she's a feminist hyperslut and her sister holds differing political beliefs?

What a cunt.

>Comment section has a heated debate about if Marcie could be a cop without being able to talk.
I'm color blind and most agencies disallow that. Jobs can still exclude you if you have a disability that would make it impossible to perform the job's basic functions, so she would most likely not be allowed to be a cop without a lawsuit backing her.

Is there any reason for Leslie to be attracted to Robin in this beyond "It happened in Shortpacked and Willis is an uncreative hack"?

Because all lesbians are hypersexuals who want to diddle each other's fiddles.

Use spellcheck, dumb ass.

I don't see anything out of the blue.

>her sister holds differing political beliefs?
robin doesnt have political beliefs. she just does whatever she thinks will get her elected.

whose side are we supposed to be on in this scheme?

trying to ruin someone's career is a pretty shit thing to do but I wouldn't put it past Willis to blame CONSERVATIVES

mayc mi

I think it doesn't make sense that she can overlook her politics, based on how she has been acting. However, Leslie is impressed by Robin because she's like the youngest representative to be elected as well as the first female representative in indiana. And I guess she also thinks she's hot?

I still don't really understand why she liked her so much in Shortpacked so consider me baffled that it's still a thing. I guess it's just odd couple stuff.

i think in shortpacked the initial idea was robin pretended to be a lesbian and hit on her a bunch of screen and leslie still couldnt get over it when she found out it was a lie

All it needs is that dash removed and we've got a new maymay image.

'musles' and 'heath' are missing a 'c' and an 'l' respectively.
Spellchack doesn't help with grammar, and if you misspell a word in a way that forms another correct word (like 'heath'), it won't be picked up.

She might be able to find work with one of the larger police forces as a desk jockey and PR hire.

Leslie seems to be more inclined towards a solidarity mindset when it comes to feminism as opposed to Roz's strict identity politics. But yeah, it mostly seems to be Leslie thinking Robin is hot and being kinda obsessive with Roz enabling her to spite her sister. A good writer could spin a decent plot out of all this.

Leslie. Surprisingly, Roz is a quasi-antagonistic character.

>Roz is a quasi-antagonistic character.
Is she really? It always seems like she's an excuse for Willis to have an even less subtle soapbox speaker for whatever crap he's spewing.

>spellchack
I think this is funny in the purest form.

pretty much every time shes interacted with joyce shes been portrayed as in the wrong, and even the jacob scenes got a couple pot shots in at her

shes right sometimes, and wrong a lot.

>She might be able to find work with one of the larger police forces as a desk jockey and PR hire.
She would never be a uniformed police officer. Either a mascot for ADA shills or put somewhere. Marcie is also poor so she couldn't afford the lawyers she'd need to piss the police off enough to hire her.

plus even after she went off on her sister about her rights (which she was supposed to be right about) the dean came in and reminded her she cant do that shit *on campus*, so even within one situation shes still ambiguous

>watch your heath
I do! Every week!

I have issues with Roz, but her interactions with Joyce made me like her way more because Joyce went full judgemental christian on her and she can fuck off with that.

I think I like Joyce less than most others though.

Oh, Roz is also the reason for the "bitch" = "bongo" filter in the site's comments. Everyone hated when she called out the exact reasons (in another fit of bad writing, it was as if Roz was psychic) for Joyce's change of heart regarding homosexuals in class.

the first time anyway, yeah, i agree with you. but from the party on forward roz was only ever a bitch to her unprompted. (except that time she gave her a card for a therapist. that was nice.)

i dont think they need to like each other or anything, but roz has got a problem with snap judgements of people and not thinking issues through

joyceandwalky.com/members/200508octbargein.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200509freeload.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200510pluto.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200511rockthisplace.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200512honorroll.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200601dorothy.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200602flattered.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200603alternate.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200604bedside.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200605arm.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200606exercise.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200607marry.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200608danny.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200609search.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200610molehill.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200611rosenthal.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200612distractions.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200701baldy.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200702leave.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200703ponies.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200704reunion.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200705kids.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200706david.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200707worry.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200708wham.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200709birth.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200710dining.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200711fall.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200712yule.html

joyceandwalky.com/members/200801movingon.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200802speedyhitched.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200803fisticuffs.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200804showers.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200805iscanbemarriage.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200806studentteaching.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200807marcie.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200808dropit.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200809vows.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200810fonts.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200811missing.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200812themom.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200901chopper.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200902brockosmodernlife.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200903parents.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200904vendetta.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200905transplant.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200906dead.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200908thedayof.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200909stranded.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200910hiya.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200912voices.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/201001fightfightfight.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/201003flyaway.html
itswalky.com/members/theend.html

youtube.com/watch?v=egdObHpiAF8

If Mary is evil Joyce, Roz is liberal Joyce.

I'm pretty sure she'd be able to find some political group to sponsor her lawsuit.

Should be "need their practice."

And I would be cautious with the teacher--she looks a lot like Angel because of her hair style and similar skin color.

Your art is getting better, but that third panel with the marching band kids looks probably a bit more off than you'd like it to.

That's something completely different in context.

>What a cunt.
That's Roz's entire character.

He probably wants us to dislike both Robin and Roz, but we aren't actually allowed to complain about either.

Alright, how about this:
youtube.com/watch?v=ovfM7dvFto0

>but we aren't actually allowed to complain about either
we're allowed to complain about roz, we're just not allowed to call her a bitch, i guess.
and robin hasnt really done anything to warrant controversy yet. all we know about her in doa is shes a republican with no actual beliefs

Better.

We're allowed to gently complain about Roz at worst. Which is grating because Roz is actually a pretty terrible and self-righteous person.

That's the best thing I've heard about the comments section in ages

willis has said that roz was completely right, regarding her and joyces scuffle
itswalky.tumblr.com/post/111423718947/does-joyce-actually-think-she-was-gay-hating-or

>I don't remember Magneto enlisting his teacher to seduce his sister
It happened. And we all let it happen.

so if sexualities are retroactive, does that mean becky was into sal?

>Explaining your own characters' motives and actions in great detail outside of the work
and not only that but
>Telling your readers point blank who was right and who was wrong.

Jesus Christ, I always knew Willis was a hack, but come on.

I suppose so.

Sexuality isn't retroactive, it's shared. That means Becky will be into Sal at some point in the future.

>Sexuality isn't retroactive, it's shared.
What does that even mean?

Everyone has the same sexuality across the various AUs.

So when they revealed that Danny was Bisexual, that was always true?
Even though they never mentioned it in the old comics?

Technically, yes.

Did he ever say he was straight in the old comics?

Really I'm just trying to figure out how a Becky/Sal relationship would work.

What an asshole. Why can't he just let his work stand for itself. I don't mind him making a statement, but taking a situation that had some nuance to it and just saying 'roz was right' is really dumb.

My opinion on that moment was that I agreed with Roz's stance. However, that moment was written poorly to the point where she pinpointed everything that was going on, down to Dorothy not knowing what Joyce was really up to. It was really heavy-handed. On top of that she was being a self-righteous judgemental asshole, but like i said before, Joyce did the same shit when it came to Roz having sex so, whatever (Joyce almost did the same thing to Dorothy but she wasn't having any of that garbage).

I still wouldn't frame it as "Roz was absolutely correct" because what she did was more likely to push away someone who didn't have personal investment. Joyce was reacting well to the ideas presented, but when that becomes a direct call out, most people would become defensive rather than self-reflective.

I guess we know why the bitch filter got put in, though. Roz was just Willis thinking he was 'bringing the hammer down' so everyone was basically calling him a bitch in response. And he couldn't take it, lol.

>85749730
thats what i meant by retroactive

>Did he ever say he was straight in the old comics?
No, but he never said he was bi either.

Robin should have her sister murdered via accident and ride the sympathy into office.

I don't think "Liberal Joyce" would ever make a sex tape to spite one of her siblings.

>I guess we know why the bitch filter got put in, though. Roz was just Willis thinking he was 'bringing the hammer down' so everyone was basically calling him a bitch in response. And he couldn't take it, lol.
i didnt really get the idea that he had a problem with people insulting roz though. there was just an overabundance of the word and it was a little obnoxious.
also he literally had leslie call her a hypocrite and send her out of class at the end of that scene, so even if she was right she clearly wasnt meant to be untouchable

Becky has some of the exact same quirks and speech patterns as Sal's own dumbass brother, it would not work.

Nah, Robin should have Riley murdered then admit it to Roz while feeding her the wrong details of the crime so she can ride the sympathy into office while making Roz look like a crazy person.

That's fine, you just bring that up in-universe.

Willis does that shit all the time and it really shows how black and white he sees the world. I can't even say I find it simply unprofessional. It actually makes me upset in the pit of my gut.

im starting to get the impression willis isnt the one seeing this situation in black and white

You want us to admit we're as bad as he is? Fine. We're just as polarized, petty, and spiteful as he is. No getting around that.

But Willis won't admit it. He refuses to own up to his ever-growing pile of bullshit, and he's turned his comments section into a hivemind of praise and self-congratulation. THAT'S what pisses us off so much. It wouldn't be so bad if he'd just admit it.

IE every politician ever.

>What a cunt
She's a DoA character, that goes without saying.

>Using the exact same 3/4 in every panel
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
>Sliding facial features around
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAÀAAAA

Why the fuck do you people talk about this shitheap?

>exxxploits
>I'm magneto

I feel like I've suffered a stroke because I have no idea what the hell is going on

>Oh, right, Roz apparently made a sex tape that got her sister in trouble because... Reasons?
Standing on a family values platform makes everyone super judgemental about candidate's personal lives. Remember all the shit Sarah Palin got when her unmarried daughter got knocked up?

>I don't remember Magneto enlisting his teacher to seduce his sister, but I also don't read X-men.

maybe she meant quicksilver.

What did Robin ever do to Roz that she would resort to repeatedly manufacturing these scandals? And what the fuck is wrong with Leslie that she knows that she is involved in Roz's scheme to destroy her crush, Robin?

Robin wants to fuck her anyway, I don't really see what the big deal is. They can just do it on the down low like Robin has probably been doing since she got into the public eye.

waifus

>Roz was just Willis thinking he was 'bringing the hammer down' so everyone was basically calling him a bitch in response. And he couldn't take it, lol.

I have a theory.

Willis has said that each of the characters are a part of him in some way? When you badmouth or insult a character, question their choices or have anything negative to say about them at all, you're not just complaining about a character. You're attacking Willis on a personal level. You're criticizing his art (which he can't handle at the best of times) AND you're saying that Willis himself (via the character) is dumb or would make a stupid decision, etc. It's not just a comment on his work, it's a slap in the face to him, both personal and professional. And he can't or won't differentiate between the two.

For example, look at Danny. Willis has outright said that he doesn't see much of anything of himself in Danny and longer and doesn't really like him. Before Danny came out as bi, every single thing that he did got him burned in the comments, to ridiculous levels. Willis never said a word.

But insult any of the other obviously-not-evil characters and you'll have Willis appearing like fuckin' magic to snarl and sneer about how you just don't get it, and I bet you vote for Romney too, you transphobic racist asshole.

It's not just that he can't handle criticism of his work ('cause that's definitely a factor), it's that because he can't separate himself from his characters that he sees any negativity about them as targeted at him, personally. Don't like Roz? You're saying that him being sex-positive is a bad thing. Find Joyce's backstory hard to swallow? You're denying his experiences. And on and on.

Well. It's only a theory.

Clearly this means that Sal wants to fuck her brother.

I hope she would, it'd make a good slipshine.

Joyce's family doesn't have the kind of loose morals to have sex above the bedsheets with the lights on. They would be very boring tapes.

Yeah, I tried giving her different eyes and a different head shape, I guess I can change up her hair next time she comes up.

Ah, ok thank you!

I dislike both sisters but I like watching their shenanigans. Roz really can stir up the shit, mang.
I like marching band covers of songs. I need to find a hipster marching band group to throw my money at now.

Do you think Willis is one of those "Magneto did nothing wrong" people?

Willis is probably one of those people who only watched the movies a few times and thinks that's enough to be considered a hardcore fan.

It's fun to shit on.

>Joyce slamming the door in Becky's face

That was cathartic as fuck

SOURCE

>What did Robin ever do to Roz that she would resort to repeatedly manufacturing these scandals?

She's republican. To Willis, that's apparently an excuse enough.

>Implying repressed Christian fundie girls don't have the wildest sex

Just you wait, she's gonna have more sex adventures and insane fetishes than Miranda Cosgrove.

All that repressed desire combined with religious fear and a life time of inexperience.

Fuck.

I better get to writing.

Source is me. Just waiting for feedback from the commissioner and then I'll link it. along with the comics I drew with it.
Yeah, them religious gals is total freaks in a safe environment.

>that's with three "x"s by the way
>having the character explain a joke already evident to the reader
Willis has this problem where he writes what he thinks would someone actually say, instead of dialogue sufficient for the reader.

It's probably why his pacing is all fucked up. Striving for "reality" is awful in writing, because reality is slow, repetitive, and 99% uninteresting.

I always think "what is the author trying to show with this strip?" and the answer here is either "I don't know" or "fucking nothing"

Things he could have focused on:
>why leslie likes robin
>leslie's mixed feelings about robin
>how and why robin made roz attend the rally
The last one I think was maybe the point, but he hand-waves it away with 3 panels of dialogue and something that resembles a joke.

Because if we don't mock it, who will?

Because ruining someone's career is the best way to start a relationship!

It's hard to tell if Robin's interested or not.

>Find Joyce's backstory hard to swallow? You're denying his experiences.
Speaking of which, I found this on his Tumblr:

>You mentioned Joyce in DoA being autobiographical. That being the case… did you date a lesbian in college?

>Yup! She didn’t know yet at the time, though. But it was pretty comforting to be a reluctantly-horny-but-waiting-for-marriage Christian male who was dating someone who totally wasn’t into me in that way. Nice little safety net.

But I do agree with your theory. In my intermediate fiction class, my professor talked about a student he had that kept bringing stuff in that was clearly about himself, and everyone was essentially trash-talking it because they thought the character was acting unrealistically.

This is something I've said about this phenomenon elsewhere, in the context of creative writing classes:

>Your classmates will comment on the characters and their actions. And you can’t help but take it personally. “I don’t think someone would actually do that–it’s too mean.” “This main character has no personality at all!”

>Anything they say about you and the people you included in the story will be too close to home for you to accept their criticisms objectively. You might even end up spending the whole time debating and trying to get them to ease up on you.

>Creative writing classes are for fiction, unless stated otherwise. Keep your personal life out of the stories. You can include stuff that has happened to you, but remember–it’s supposed to be fiction and will be taken that way by your classmates.

I think the same applies to Willis.

>Yup! She didn’t know yet at the time, though. But it was pretty comforting to be a reluctantly-horny-but-waiting-for-marriage Christian male who was dating someone who totally wasn’t into me in that way. Nice little safety net.

This paints Willis as more wishy-washy than I thought possible.

I imagine dating a lesbian who didn't know it is pretty different from dating someone who knows they're gay but doesn't want to be.

Also, Joyce's version makes more sense (especially having been assaulted and wanting protection), but is less interesting than if it was a dude dating a lesbian (but not in a Chasing Amy way).

Who are these people?