Things that pissed you off in cartoons as a kid/teen/ whatever

I never got over the fact that bloo was such a fucking dick after they released the movie. Following the movie came the popular Tv show, bloo goes from carrying about being with his best friend and hanging out to some spoiled douce who only cared about himself, and the key to this show was his shinanigans getting him into trouble. It somehow comes back to my head and I thought I could share this. Do any of you have similar fits of internal outrage when you think of somthing from a cartoon. I want to know if it's just me.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PG_Nm9Iw7tI
youtube.com/watch?v=2bGj09I6cAY
lyricstranslate.com/en/mi-distruggerai-you-will-destroy-me.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Pretty much every waaah the mean adults are out to get us plot.
I hated knd.

Harsh breakups where the hero loses everything and is hated by everyone. Your Liar Revealed, Abandoned Hero, that stuff.

Bloo was an abomination and made Fosters impossible to rewatch as an adult

I'm so glad WOY didn't fall into the same trap

>Show's formula is basically asshole character acts like an asshole and gets shit on for it. Karma, right?
>Asshole character not being an asshole for an episode.
>They're still shit on, usually even worse than usual.

Op: I enjoyed knd but the whole coming from the moon plot and adults were are masters pissed me off too.

The "it's okay to be a kid" message, when applied to teens/adults or children who are eager to "grow up"

As 12-15 year old, I hated that mantra. Almost a decade later, I still hate it, but I do have a better idea where it's coming from:

Self destructive manic depressives and man-children who are so obsessed with recreated small memories of their youth, who refuse or can't see anything good in the present, so they retreat inwards and feed off of their nostalgia of the times when they were 10.

I don't remember a show's episode saying "It's important to look for joy in the present and brief periods of time to relax, as well as maintaining your responsibilities and always looking forward in life" Nah, it's always, "Hey [teen and/or adult] it's okay to be yourself, and act half your age by playing with toys intended year olds! Don't listen to the haters, it's okay to be a kid!"

This

Memes aside, Arthur's Big Hit. DW got away with fucking murder.

Used to bug the hell outta me that Penny was the one solving all the cases instead of Gadget.

Now she's my favorite unsung hero.

Fucking god damn Christmas episodes.

Batman let a girl fight crime with him
didn't make sense at all
girls are like really weak and get hurt easily

But Inspector Gadget is a clueless dumbfuck. If it were up to him to save the day, then the world would be fucked.

Trips speak the truth, maidens weren't meant to fight.

Are u a grill?

Whenever a good show had to shoehorn romance. ESPECIALLY if it was entire episodes. Stupid girls and their focus testing.

Yeaah, well, it took my dumb kid ass a couple dozen episodes to actually get the joke.

I'm far from the first person to say this, but even as a tiny tyke, the fact that Mindy's parents from the Buttons and Mindy shorts on Animaniacs always left their goddamn dog to completely take care of and supervise their fucking helpless toddler pissed me right the fuck off.

Can you imagine something happening to Mindy and them saying, "But officer, we left our fucking housepet in charge, the dog was right there, how could we imagine anything could go wrong, THE DOG WAS WATCHING OUR INFANT."

I know it's a cartoon but it made me irrationally angry, I kept waiting for child services to show up and be told the dog was in charge of raising, feeding, and protecting their child and take Mindy right the fuck away away immediately.

Especially when they'd yell at Buttons and be like, "Bad dog, you didn't raise and feed and change the baby."

IT'S A FUCKING DOG. YOU SHOULDN'T EVEN LEAVE IT ALONE TO TAKE CARE OF ITSELF FOR MORE THAN A FEW HOURS LET ALONE YOUR CHILDREN. GO TO JAIL.

Rant over.

to be fair, Buttons took better care of Mindy than her shitty parents ever did.

Why did so many of Foster's plots have to involve Bloo fucking up somehow and with everyone else suffering

anytime the main cast doesn't succeed in something (pretty much every ed edd n eddy episode) or anytime a character is clumsy / awkward. i can't stand awkward moments

Agreed (probably was responsible for a lot of lolcows)

Without Bloo, Fosters would even duller

The thing I hate the most is when they do a girl vs boys episode. Mainly because in every single one of them, the girls win. No matter what. A competition where one of the boys has a massive advantage? Nah man girl power.

So I rewatched A Goofy Movie yesterday and oh man, I still have so much irrational hate for this fucking shitstain at that possum show.

>LOOKIT THE DORK! IT'S DORK AND DORK JUNIOR!

I seriously wanted Max to curbstomp the mouthy little cunt until he's not gonna laugh anymore.

In The Hunchback of Notre Dame (Disney adaptation, of course), there's a scene where Phoebus goes to the Palace of Justice to speak with Frollo about the gypsies that inhabit the Parisian underground. To demonstrate the "scourge" of the hidden gypsies, Frollo lifts one of the stones topping the balcony railing to reveal lots of insects underneath it. He then says that the gypsy plague should be "crushed" (or however he phrased it), crushing the bugs with the stone by placing it UPSIDE DOWN back in it's place.

Bloo is Master Shake with friends.

Then, the scene ends. The scene just ends with the now upside-down stone, which remains upside-down for the rest of the film (if not longer). That REALLY annoyed me because, for the rest of the film, I just couldn't stop thinking about that one goddamn stone left out of order.

Someone REALLY should have gone back and turned the stone right side up again.

Bloo is what is inside of Master Shake

South Park did an episode that touched upon this set-up but yeah, the girls lost, horribly at that. It was amazing to see.

Think I remember this one. The sled race, right? Where Cartman goes to Juvie?

Yep

i thought master shake was some kind of pale green inside

>tha one girl who spends the entire episode shit talking the boys
>The girls crash and she's eaten by a bear for no reason

Such beautiful catharsis

It's amazing that Bloo is such a piece of shit and yet, Bendy is worse

This is funny. Some say the tile stayed that way until the end of time.

Nickelodeon was the worst with this. I sure hope you like that one (1) spongebob Christmas episode because you're going to watch a 12 day marathon of that and only that.

I don't know about that; I liked every aspect of WOY but Wander. To me, he's the other side of the same coin: one is a selfish annoyance and the other a selfless annoyance. It's really weird, I really like the whole idea behind Wander as a character, I just don't think it was executed well.

Everyone from EEnE except the Eds, Rolf, Nazz, Johnny and Plank.

Fuck all the other kids, especially that faggot Kevin.

DORK DETECTED

I don't know where all the Bloo hate comes from, I liked Bloo. He was like a PG Cartman.

Same knd was bad

He got trips, he has surpassed us

>Tfw you were that one kid who was rooting for Tom in every episode and he still managed to get cucked everytime by that damn mouse and it always left me a bitter taste with a side reeeeing
Fuck. Why did I even watch that show

This.

He had to put the stone upside down to crush the bugs. Otherwise most of the bugs would have continued going along the grooves in the stone and been barely fazed.

Ever try killing a bug with a rock or tile before?

Cheese, bloo, and that other yellow fucker. Fosters home needed to burn down. They caused me a lot hemorrhoid inducing rage as a kid.

that Kim Possible episode where Draken and Ron enter a music competition
I liked Drakens song better but every character agreed that Rons is better and without voting or anything Ron just got the first place
IM STILL MAD

>Telling adults about someone doing something wrong is worse than whatever it is the person did wrong

I hated KND too but I loved when they revealed Monty Uno's face for the first time.

>"Hey son do you want to go fishing?"
>"Sod off dad! I hate you and I hate all adults!!"
>slow pan to Monty
>he looks crushed
>"Oh. Well then. Sorry to bother you..."

Best point in the series.

But in that case the mean adults actually were out to get them

My friend told me that the events of Busted could've served as the catalyst for the shift of Bloo's character.

You fucker i almost ripped my colon

"The Bully" from Spongebob triggered the hell out of me in gradeschool.

I told my teacher about a bully. She used my name and the bully told her that he just wanted to be my friend. Then the episode aired for the first time like a week later.

I don't understand how someone can be thick enough to do that. Worse that it happens often enough to get made into a gag.

Hi, I'm user.

No snitching

Shows with two 11 minute cartoons are paired with each other to air on TV. Which means if one episode was paired with a holiday episode, you'd only see it once a year.

It pissed me off that I hardly ever got to see the paper episode of SpongeBob because it was paired with the Valentines episode

I hated that they edited Shangheied to be 11 minutes long. I think they haven't aired the original since the debut.

They also almost never air Party Pooper Pants but they air the Lost Episode all the time.

>lolcow
Who taught you that term?

>Hey [teen and/or adult] it's okay to be yourself, and act half your age by playing with toys intended year olds
Isn't it totally fine to do whatever the fuck you want in your free time, so long as you also maintain your responsibilties? I mean, this is Sup Forums. We're already adults watching children's cartoons.

Agreed. But we should also make sure to point and laugh at sweaty neckbeards who try and hold cartoons with a ludicrously high regard.

Barneyfags.jpg
Chris-chan.png

DIDF plz go.

This fucking cunt

The episode of pic related where Peggy gives the high-school football star a bad grade, and the whole town treats her like Satan, including her husband.

Hank eventually came around but the whole thing hits a nerve since I attended HS in a place where that almost definitely happened...

Bloo was the fucking worst.
Fosters was a miserable, joyless show. By the end every character got degraded into a cunt.

I remember as a kid getting mad that the "Road Runner" cartoons were more about the Coyote. My thought process was why even call them "Road Runner cartoons" if he's not even the main character?

As a teenager, I'd get pissed whenever Phineas and Ferb would help, save or convenience Candace in some way and she'd still throw them under the bus and try to get them in trouble.

>this whole thread

Now exclusive to cartoons but:

>*Say something bad about a character/how it's a good thing character isn't there/they're lucky there's no character around/etc*
>"Ooooh, he's right behind me isn't he..."

It makes me rage because IT'S NOT FUNNY. IT MIGHT HAVE BEEN FUNNY THE FIRST TIME BUT NOT THE LITERAL THOUSANDTH.

Who's the chucklefuck cumguzzling smegmahead in every motherfucking show who thinks a joke that's been told a thousand times will still be funny? At this point I don't even think parodying it is funny because THAT'S probably been done a hundred and one times already too.

Geez user,calm down.

DELET THIS

I actually don't mind Christmas/holiday episodes. The only ones I don't like are the low budget generic bullshit episodes, the trying to make the holidays cool tv movie, or the episodes where the holiday would make no sense existing in episode.

Did Mr Enter create 50 clones of himself and fill a thread with them

youtube.com/watch?v=PG_Nm9Iw7tI

Futurama has the best version of this joke

As a kid I always really hated Elmyra's blithe ignorance that she was hurting all the 'aminals' while under the impression she was being a kind and benevolent caregiver.

I also neve, ever understood why Roger Klutz in Doug was ever taken seriously as a bully; it just felt like he was such an awful -annoying- shithead. Not a threatening shithead or a cool guy who's really a big dick, but he was just this awful turd I never understood why he wasn't ostracized by everyone around him. It tended to be in my experience that if you acted that annoying you'd. Ever be invited to social gatherings or be part of any group that'd take you.

Bloo was legit the worst and most forgettable part of the show.

The only good thing to come out of Fosters Home was Garabatoz

>I'm explaining the joke ironically, which is the real joke!
Fuck you Darwin youi fish fuck

I fucking hated the fact that I couldn't watch Saturday night cartoons as a child, I had to go to church the next morning

>Christmas episodes where the characters talk about Christmas Eve as though it's even more important than Christmas Day

Maybe it's just my upbringing, but that always confused me. Christmas Eve was never anything special, other than the day when you'd watch The Snowman and put out a mince pie for Santa.

>Boys vs Girls episode
>Boys act even more thick and lugheaded than usual
>"Nuh uh girls can't do this thing!"
>Girls prove that they can do the thing and better than the boys

Do you think boys being exposed to these episodes all throughout childhood is partly to blame for numales?

It's so you know that he's the villain. Only the villain would mess with the entire population of Paris' OCD like that.

Buttons deserved so much better. I hated the shorts for their treatment of him

This entire fucking show triggered the fuck outta me. Why would they show this shit?

>Competition
>Main character comes in second or third
>Sometimes it's because they let another person win

No fuck you. Don't try to tell me that being competitive and wanting to come out on top is a bad thing.

>They're a male and female duo of protagonists so they have to end up together
>This doesn't just stop with children's shows

>Show with magical beings
>Mundane people are literally so dumb that they can't see or are oblivious to the magical shit going on around them

>Boys are stupid, weak, cowardly, annoying and lack all form of common sense
>Girls are intelligent, strong, brave and somehow possess foresight to solve virtually any issue that rises
>This extends to adults as well
>So much that the idiocy of boys is a frequent gag
>The precise of opposite of how it works in reality

The only thing more annoying is when a character is punished to some absurd degree for doing the right thing while some insufferable/piece of shit character gets off clean, especially of said character is a girl.

>Christmas special
>The kids get to open one present on Christmas Eve

Who the fuck does that

Countless families. Guess your parents didn't get the memo.

Bullshit, name O N E family who does this

Mine does

gotta prove to the parents Nick could be "educational"

King David and Jesus

>The precise of opposite of how it works in reality
You had me until there.

youtube.com/watch?v=2bGj09I6cAY

And heres a translation if you want to sing along

lyricstranslate.com/en/mi-distruggerai-you-will-destroy-me.html

Women are irrational and emotional to a fault compared to men and I don't even need to prove they're naturally weaker than men. Sorry. That's life.

I always wanted to know what his problem was with Tom. Why was he so easily pissed off? And why have a cat if it makes trouble?

That Arthur episode where DW throws his model airplane out the window and breaks it.

I've never thrown a punch in my life, but I 100% to this day believe that she deserved that punch.