So what exactly killed Nickelodeon?

So what exactly killed Nickelodeon?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xZ_aY9U9o9w
businesswire.com/news/home/20160802007057/en/Nickelodeon-Scores-52-Straight-Weeks-Number-Wins
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The same thing that kills most entertainment industries, bad ideas by board directors that have no understanding of what children( or the consumer in general) actually want and aren't open to new ideas.

But, Nickelodeon isn't as bad as it used to be, but that's kinda of a backhanded compliment. Then again, with Disney only airing its good stuff on a premium channel and CN making horrible reboots. Nearly all of them are fucking terrible.

The minute it went corporate and eventually airing SpongeBob SquarePants.

What's wrong with Spongebob?

The show is a double-edged sword.

It is a fantastic comedy for nearly all age-groups.

However, it was too successful for it's own good, and thus, Nickelodeon milked it continuously and never bothered to truly come out of their comfort zones for a while, more so since Avatar ended.

originally nothing, but when they started shifting their schedule to 22-23 hours of Spongebob every day things started to go downhill

Honestly? Plain bad luck.

Schneider had 2 good shows and 2 bad ones.
Cartoon Network successfully bid for and got a lot of the most popular cartoons airing today (SU, Regular Show, Gumball, etc.).
The writers of their golden age shows either gone or the shows they wrote for ended (Avatar, Rugrats, Fairly Odd Parents, Spongebob).

It's hard to pinpoint what exactly went wrong. They had great shows, then those shows died or sucked, and now here we are. That's really all there is to it.

You.

You killed Nickelodeon.

Them canceling invader zim

Copying Disney in the live action department instead of you know making more cartoons.

It was all of the shitty live action shit. Everything after Drake and Josh was complete trash.

*I* killed Nickelodeon! I ran 'em over with my truck!

Wilbur Cobb is hands down the best Ren & Stimpy character.

dan "the hymen divider" schneider

They are now in recovery. Its one of the reasons they built the new building. Going with a more production focused shop and less executive overmanagement.

You mean Dan "four fingers inside her" Schneider?

But the live action shows gave us some of the best fap material on television.

Nickelodeon is dying right bros! J-Just ignore that Loud House is killing everyone on CN in the ratings even in its reruns....

I can't fap to this. There aren't even any feet.

Fuck off, Dan.

Not everyone shares your niche fetish. One of them has high heels, the others have thigh-high boots, that's enough for the rest of us.

>Honestly? Plain bad luck.
That and very bad decisions, they had the chance to pick up both Adventure Time and Modifyers but turned them down. Sad

They ain't dead yet user

>Schneider
who?

because pop culture is cyclical and while they used to have a ton of great cartoons, they slowly added more and more live action shows until it became nothing but Dan "get in the van" schnieder. now that they've gone too far in that direction, the kids who grew up during their golden age are starting to gain higher-up positions at Nick and making an effort to go back to more animation. Shows like Harvey Beaks and Loud House both come from guys who storyboarded and directed on old nicktoons.

if this trend continues, nick will eventually be full of good cartoons again. then the next generation will start adding more live action shows to add more variety. its the circle of life

idk im talking out my ass tho

Dan "sniffer of shima-pan" Schneider-san as he's known n Japan

I hate feet, but I can't fap either. Too much makeup on too young of girls and their cloths are frumpy.

might as well be with how shit they've become

Live shows.

They need to buy the broadcast rights to the Laika's films and marathon them on Halloween.

Getting sucked up in a war with the Disney Channel making tween sitcoms after Drake and Josh actually managed to find an audience, leaving Spongebob and FOP to cannibalize all other cartoons on the network. When all was said and done CN was the one with all the new blood.

WHY HASN'T NETFLIX SAVED ANIMATION YET GODDAMMIT.

THEY HAVE HIT AFTER HIT AMAZING LIVE ACTION SHOWS BUT LIKE, A SINGLE ANIMATED SHOW WORTH WATCHING. BUT EVEN THEN, IT'S ONLY FOR THE STORY NOT THE VISUALS.

WHY THE FUCK HAVEN'T THEY MADE A GOOD LOOKING ANIMATED SHOW WITH AN INTERESTING STORY YET REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

the internet

They always had live action. But they overuse Dan "get in the van" Schneider.

>All That
>Kenan and Kel
>Amanda Show
>Drake and Josh
>Zoey 101
>iCarly
>Victorious
>Sam and Kat
>Game Shakers

They really need to let this guy go.

They were still trying to engineer a pop icon and ultimately did, but it wasn't Victoria Justice and Ariana made most of her money outside of her contract with Nickelodeon.

They had fucking MIRANDA COSGROVE puke out some pop drivel while iCarly was still on but they never managed to get the actual singers anywhere.

>muh edgy kids show

fuck off with your 2000's emo hot topic garbage

Jews.

Patience, user. Bojack horseman was the first step.

wait this is the dan "insert pedo joke" schneider meme? He made all those shows? Why is he still making shit for them if he's done lewd things to underages?

Just watch anime. The west is so far behind, it's not even funny.

he's a kike

>he made all those shows
That's your answer. He's making money.

>Why is he still making shit for them if he's done lewd things to underages?

How do you think these underages got their own show to begin with? Hint: It's not "talent".

>live action Nick

I guess money really does talk.

>a black man and a white woman in the same show reeeee
Retard

>Stranger things season 2 when

>killed
>it's currently the strongest network

2013 called, they want their thread back.

Television must truly be a dying industry if that's true.

But those are children

Legend of korra for me. Killed all hope in nick ever trying to make a good mature cartoon.

Holy shit did Victoria Justice ever get screwed over. Getting her own show was the peak of her career, when she was clearly meant to use that as a springboard to real-life superstardom

Instead, the girl who played the retarded chick on the show (Ariana) somehow gets the real-life spotlight and is one of the biggest names in the music industry today

That had to suck.....

>Cartoon Network successfully bid for and got a lot of the most popular cartoons airing today (SU, Regular Show, Gumball, etc.).

This shit wasn't even a thought in anybodies mind when Nick was at its prime. This shit all came after Nick fell

Say what you want about Schneider but there is no denying that his formula for live/action kids/teen shows works. Damn near all of his shows were popular.

He clearly knows what kids want to see. That's a good thing when it comes to making shows. It's NOT a good thing when it comes to his alleged perverted activities behind the scenes.

>>a

The fall of Klasky Csupo which helped to establish the network's reputation.

Playing it safe

>it's fucking true

>shows how Bella and the Bulldogs have cuckold themes
>"lol he's just whining about black people and white people being in the same show, lol what a REEtard amirite??"

>I didn't even read any of the post: the post

No one is crying because of the black kid. They're pointing out that the show creator obviously has cuckold shit in the show.

your point being...?

the insipid idea that children are somehow smarter or more capable than adults.

Children are idiots.

Have any of the stars of those shows ever spoken out against him?

Did any of them ever come out and say, "He raped me, he touched me, ect. ect.?

"Nick is Currently the strongest Network"

Not while Steven Universe exists user.

Fanboy and Chum Chum cuck crap also

>no ratingsverse popular

>golden age shows
>Avatar
>Fairly Odd Parents

>good anime
>Netflix

It's pretty well understood that Nickelodeon died when they funneled all of their resources into Spongebob and let other cartoons and other ideas go undeveloped.

user is wrong, Nickelodeon is thriving as it is.
And don't forget to watch the new episodes your favorite cartoon:The Loud House.

Hollywood is run by very evil people, user.

>year of the lord 2016
>watching chinese cartoons

They stopped the Super Toy Run.

youtube.com/watch?v=xZ_aY9U9o9w

Going by that logo, probably Dan Schneider.

Getting rid of all of their great game shows that actually gave away cash and cool prizes and replacing them with tween crap and shit shows where the only prize was a shitty trophy.

And too much crap from from Claspy-kupo or whatever.

No other cartoon kept up with SpongeBob

To be fair nearly everything is labeled cuckshit now

You grew up. Childhood/teen culture doesn't resonate with you anymore.

Dude.. Most anime is produced in Japan.

To be fair, cuckholdry is one of the oldest and pervasive themes in western art and culture.

You're missing out.

yeah, but has anybody actually said or done anything, or is it just a rumor?

We all remember the pedo inquisition, right?

just cause someone is a fat creepy fuck doesn't mean they rape little girls. people are perfectly capable of being terrible without committing mortal sins.

>user is wrong, Nickelodeon is thriving as it is.

I thought you're joking, but apparently the network did have some good ratings in early August. Lucky them.

businesswire.com/news/home/20160802007057/en/Nickelodeon-Scores-52-Straight-Weeks-Number-Wins

>Implying there are even good toys to grab anymore

Not saying he didn't do it, but if you're going to play a hunch, you should follow through.

>being this new
Fuck off and lurk moar por favor

If Dan goes down, he takes them down with him

the excessive amount of shitty live action shows

Do they still show Spongebob repeats all day? Does anyone have that image from when Korra and YJ were airing showing the top 50 kids' shows for the week, and something like 40 of them were Spongebob?

That's pretty emblematic of the problem with Nick. They haven't created anything or any combination of things that could come close to the Spongebob juggernaut.

Look at the credits for once, over half the names are chinese or korean.

Spongebob has been in season 9 for four years now.

Jesus Christ, why is he allowed near teens? He looks like an alley rapist.

Is she crying?

Loud House is carrying Nickelodeon.

anyone got that picture of their hq then and now?

shit makes me sad

>emo
Zim was upbeat and fun. Try watching it sometime.

Quantity doesn't equal quality, if you want to be like that look at family guy