Other urls found in this thread:

librarything.com/list/6990/all/Hayao-Miyazakis-50-Recommended-Childrens-Books
youtube.com/watch?v=CdHlWqZU2bw
youtube.com/watch?v=GTOplYCfKTA
youtu.be/5uC4AUyju7k
youtube.com/watch?v=JxbnEvEGV1k
youtube.com/watch?v=Ez7D8c7dtDU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Oh fuck off with this meme. Neither of them hate their respective industry. They don't mind anime or comics as an idea. They hate what they have evolved into. A stagnant industry with many of the newer ideas not getting the attention that they deserve.

So which one hates it more?

>They don't mind anime or comics as an idea. They hate what they have evolved into
so, they hate their industry.

We know that Alan Moore still reads and likes comics.

Does Miyazaki watch and like any anime?

industry does not equal medium

anyways the answers is probably miyazaki, moore at least talks trash for his own amusement.

miyazaki's lupin movie was trash

>Planetary
I thought you didn't like DC anymore, Alan?

Miyazaki doesn't throw tantrums online.

I'm gonna take a guess and say Miyazaki.

Here's your (You).

He doesn't like their business practices, but if a comic is published by DC and it is recommended to him by someone he trusts, then he will still try it and spread the word if he likes it.

Lmao, kys you fucking autist.
He obviously wasn't serious.

>MAUS
DROPPED

Miyazaki, anime has fallen even harder than comics have.

So are you one of those people who think anime was better in 80s and 90s. Because it sure wasnt

No, I'm saying the industry and the working conditions are worse, not necessarily the anime itself. Look at a-1 pictures, they had an employee who killed himself from overwork and they're still pumping out even more shows than before.

Sure i agree with that but that is just any job in japan. They fucking work like 12 hours, i cant blame them for doing suicides

>miyazaki's lupin movie was trash

Fuck you.

>castle of cogliostro was trash

You are the living embodiment of shit taste.

No but it's been downhill since 09 or something. 04-07 anime was golden age.

Motherfucker when the industry giants like Ghibli can't sell their movies anymore or Madhouse that mostly produced original and Auteur shit and then it goes bankrupt doing that and then it starts doing adaptation and moeshit, yes industry has fallen. Just because you stated watching anime in the 10s and like the stuff currently being produced doesn't mean the quality level is quite there.
It's very much comparable to how 70s and 80s Marvel was good mostly and then turned into shit in 90s mostly.

OK, Sup Forums.

Maus is a legit great comic, even if you're a card-carrying Neo-Nazi.

Oh fuck you Sup Forums.

Miyazaki. Moore at least talks about things other than comics sometimes. Everything Miyazaki has said in public for the past eight years or so has been a variation of "I hate anime so much, anime is a failure, otaku are rotten bastards, I hate my own son, he is a disappointment and brought shame to my name, I wish I could strangle every anime fan with the entrails of my awful son".

He recommends children books
librarything.com/list/6990/all/Hayao-Miyazakis-50-Recommended-Childrens-Books

Am a pleb, why would pol hate Maus?

Do you even know what Sup Forums is made of?

For spreading the holohoax myth.

I don't know what Maus is made of, I know pol is wannabe neo Nazis just like everyone outside of pol knows.

>miyazaki's lupin movie was trash
fuck off

Hang on, hang on, let's hear the man.

Is it trash in comparison to his other works or just trash?

Personally, I blame Haruhi and Lucky Star. Love Hina was heavy on the waifus but it didn't have near the degenerating impact that either of those did.

Dude i have been watching anime since early 90s and reason why you guys think that anime back in 80s and 90s is better because you only remember good ones. There was alot shit anime as it is nowdays. And miyazaki has been hating anime since 80s.

Miyazaki doesn't hate anime, he hates foreigners.

In every interview with him I've ever read, he always finds time to trash talk gaijin. Dude it super xenophobic.

Maus is about the writer's father's experience during the holocaust

But atleast Haruhi was good

Maus is a recounting of the story Art Spiegelman's father told him. Spiegelman believes his dad, but the reader doesn't have to, and the father Vladek is actually presented in shockingly unflattering light. There's even a scene where Art frets at his girlfriend because he thinks his dad comes across as horrible (and he does, Vladek is practically a living Stormfront caricature who falls on some hard times).

Good to awful ratio is lot worse and mostly the awful animes in 80/90s used to be original stuff and not LN/maga adaptation.

Isn't he good friends with John Lasseter?

Above all, you have shit taste Sup Forums

You have a point, however, look at the selling points of the anime then vs anime now.

Last time it was story, art and characters that studios marketed.

Now, what sells (As in, what is marketed) is service, recycled plots and protagonists who are indistinguishable from one to the next. Mind, I'm not bringing up manga - as far as manga goes, I've been satisfied with the output over the last five years. We're saying some really creative joes flex their muscle.

Honestly, though - compare the BIG GUNS that are marketed then vs marketed now. The lists are really jarring.

Vandread didn't stagnate the industry, for goodness sakes and it was as "moeshit" as you could get in the early 00s.

He is, that's why Disney done a lot of English dubs for Ghibli movies.

>Dude is super xenophobic.

Most Japanese are. God bless them. We should follow their example.

>Isn't he good friends with John Lasseter?

Miyazaki doesn't speak English and Lasseter doesn't speak Japanese.

How can they be "good friends" if they can't even talk to each other?

Are we looking at the same guy? He's got mad respect for the Disney Old Men. He has a disdain for weeaboos, if that's what you're referring to - because their exposure to anime is shit.

I'd love to work under him, though - dude's a fucking taskmaster. He'll sack you for not improving. I have a respect for bosses like that.

Tomino does.

youtube.com/watch?v=CdHlWqZU2bw

youtube.com/watch?v=GTOplYCfKTA

Like all japs

They can fuck.

Tomino only hated women in Victory because the woman he loved ditched him for his rival, so you can see why he was bitter as fuck.

>look at the selling points of the anime
For me when I started watching anime, one of the things that I liked was the lack of censorship. Not just in language but you used to get some really gritty fights even in shonenshit with lots of blood but then they started censoring shit.

>Miyazaki doesn't hate anime, he hates foreigners.
>Most Japanese are.

Pretty much this. He hates foreigners and has particular distaste and distrust for Americans.

Apparently his experience working on Little Nemo is why he'll never collaborate with gaijin ever again.

youtu.be/5uC4AUyju7k

Victory was his greatest work

No cuts

Tomino doesn't hate his industry. He hates the fact that people don't want to move on and want the same story told over and over again. When he came to Malaysia (or one of the producers for SEED - I forget) for an expo he explained it in detail - people just want Gundam in some shape or form and he has to give it to them. He'd rather move on.

Weirdly enough, I do find that strange about a lot of fandoms. They don't like endings. They don't want the words EL FIN at the end.

Anyone able to key in on that?

Zeta. Give me your address and I will fight you.

08th is an acceptable alternative.

US comics are pretty sexist racist violent. But Japanese comics are out right raping kids.

Unlike most Japs, he likes Chinese and wants Japan to apologize to Chinese. He just has a hatred of American mass consumption culture and how it has spoiled Japanese culture and arts.

Sure but you just have to look those good ones because i still found shows i like and next season looks pretty good.

>He just has a hatred of American mass consumption culture and how it has spoiled Japanese culture and arts.

So he blames America for all misfortune in Japan, then.

Way to pass the buck, Miyazaki.

>there was alot shit anime as it is nowdays.

Such as?

Malaysian anthology comics had a lack of censorship as well. We didn't have nudity, but rape, blood and dismemberment were commonplace in Gempak's action series.

Ghost Detective ftw.

Victory has Marbet and the Shrikes who are all competent strong female characters.

Tomino was just angry at Banrise for making him change his plot so they could sell more plastic. Hence the battleship motorcycles and "fan service"

The Gundam fandom is the worst. 00 got hated for being not gundam enough since there was no le masked man and then got hated on for making it too gundamy in the second season.

you wanna try saying that again except not retarded?

>maus
>hurr durr listened children. holocaust only effected jews. only jews.

"No cuts" is great.

Every account says Miyazaki is a true master of his craft. He's a also a huge asshole with a god complex, and probably a nightmare to have as a boss.

I hate that too but nowdays you have to wait for BDs to come.

>08th is an acceptable alternative.

>08th
>not Tomino
>has invinci-ball and forced romance
>and spider gouf

Fuck no

>Who hates their industry more?
Anno.

Gundam 00 had some much potential and really screwed the pooch in season two by making the villains act like a bunch of Saturday cartoon bad guys.

>you just have to lower your standards

>Zeta
Pfft, Yuu from Brain Powerd was Kamille done right

This, this, THIS.

>not blaming Ken Akamatsu
That bed-sniffing sisterfucker couldn't shut up about what moe meant in interviews back in the 00s, don't pretend he isn't at least partly responsible.

But I think we can both agree KyoAni needs to die.

Draw out a season list and cross out which of the anime have protagonists that can fill each others shoes and not change the story. You will find that they're the ones at the top of the MUST WATCH list for many and MUST PUSH list for a lot of companies.

Name one anime with a moe aesthetic that actually depicts a male protagonist with an actual social life outside of the setting? Zero da.

Harry Potter had a life outside of world-saving. He had friends outside of Ron and Hermione. Anime protagonists have a lock on the marketed females. It's bizarre.

Anno hates himself and the fans.

>08th is an acceptable alternative.
>08th acceptable in anyway

Don't forget how he dedicated an entire film to wank it to a war plane.

Dude's getting borderline fascist

>Gunbuster has censored pubic hair in the Noriko shower scene
>older release has it uncensored
>later release cuts it again

Anime was a mistake.

To be fair, they weren't taking Mistah Bushido seriously.

Fucking Ribbons was great and Ali Al Sanchez was a glorious edgelord

So what types anime you like? Because i am liking this season like Amanchu or 91 DAYS.

Moore only hates the big wigs at DC for being unoriginal.

and I'm guessing Marvel is no better
>Civil War 2 just in time for the new movie with the studio who really doesn't want anything to do with them anymore.
I rest my case

Only the best anime

Cross Ange

youtube.com/watch?v=JxbnEvEGV1k

>Apparently his experience working on Little Nemo is why he'll never collaborate with gaijin ever again.

It was a combination of his experience working on Nemo and seeing the Warriors of the Wind version of Nausicaa.

For decades he had a policy that none of his movies could be released in America because Americans were "unworthy" of witnessing his art. Eventually Disney paid him enough to chill the fuck out, but his xenophobia never really went away.

Oh, he is a nightmare to work as a boss. Dude's practically my grandad. Demanding as fuck, but when you get a thumbs up from him you'll feel like a million bucks.

>Forced romance
Wait, what? Sakharin and Amada had great development. Also I liked the fact it made Zeon and EF assholes - as it was intended to be.

What confused me about Gundam 00 was that it was marketed as the prequel to Gundam UC. When I watched it I wondered if it was merely an intro to SEED.

Marina's singing though. What the deuce, indeed.

Cross Ange is like everything that is wrong with anime today and smash into a big hideous, poorly written ball of beautiful awfulness.

I think everyone working on the show that isn't named Fukuda knew it was awful and made a Springtime for Hitler situation.

OKAY, Sup Forums. I've got two questions.

What's your favorite comic?

AND

What's your favorite anime?

Yeah, but he didn't spiral the movement.

I do think he's a massive pervert, though - and not in the comedic sense.

Who would be the Sup Forums equivalent?

I don't hate anime now, it's just financially and structurally industry is worse than it was a decade ago. And as long as Yuasa, Hosoda, Watanabe, Nakamura, Hamasaki Shinkai, and Yamada are working, we can expect quality stuff.

Gunbuster was awesome.

Warren Specter.

He made Love Hina, which gave us the spineless everyday wimps we see in 70% of male protagonist in anime today and horrible bad-tempered bitchy Tsundere that keep on winning.

Isn't UQ Holder flopping?

>Wait, what? Sakharin and Amada had great development. Also I liked the fact it made Zeon and EF assholes - as it was intended to be.

No, it glorified Norris Packard as a glorified samurai and then made the EF guys unnecessarily evil to balance out the whole genocide thing.

>What confused me about Gundam 00 was that it was marketed as the prequel to Gundam UC. When I watched it I wondered if it was merely an intro to SEED.

It never was. Just because it's Anno Domini means that it's our world in the future

The actual story is that all Gundam history takes place over thousands of years with mankind destroying itself and rebuilding the same space ships and giant death machines every time.

youtube.com/watch?v=Ez7D8c7dtDU

Phil Fish.

Warren Spector? Does he have some kind of a problem with the vidya industry?

Well i hope Kyoni would do that Haruhi season 3 so maybe not yet

>What's your favorite comic?
Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow?

>What's your favorite anime?
FLCL

Fukuda loves you too, user.

But Phil Fish was always a hack

He's an okay dj apparently.

>Anno
Hates Otaku culture but he's one of the guys that shaped the Otaku culture. And he's still cashing in on that audience.