/swco/ - Star Wars Comics & Cartoons

Lando "Around this smooth Lothcat you better watch your waifu's back" Calrissian Edition

Upcoming Releases:
swbooks.net/updates/release-2016.htm

Out This Week:
LEGO Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures - Episode 12
Star Wars #22
The Force Awakens #3

Star Wars Rebels Season 3 Trailer:
youtube.com/watch?v=xmXp802sFgQ

Rogue One: A Star Wars Story Trailer:
youtube.com/watch?v=frdj1zb9sMY

Star Wars Canon Guide:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1t1KovH_1GYLDTAe3yrleeWiuzwulm670o_anQqr5Rcg/pubhtml

Download links: (Check here for new Rebels Episodes + Books, Comics, Films, etc)
pastebin.com/nWsKtSya

Legends Recommendation List:
docs.google.com/document/d/147N5EgCnZmcPaDYvnGQwl9cn7BhBroFb7mD2C4cmWb0/edit

The Clone Wars Legacy Content:
starwars.com/tv-shows/the-clone-wars-legacy

Other urls found in this thread:

my.mixtape.moe/mncawv.m4a
twitter.com/pablohidalgo/status/708777308262301696
twitter.com/pablohidalgo/status/708775067992207360
cinemablend.com/new/Simon-Pegg-Blunt-Opinion-Star-Wars-Prequel-Fans-93467.html
twitter.com/pablohidalgo/status/768902266476761088
cinemablend.com/new/Star-Wars-Co-Star-Slams-Phantom-Menace-Epic-Tirade-89027.html
youtube.com/watch?v=xH_g5j60mNM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

First for KEK

lando is actually gay for hairy things, it started with zeb and ended with chewy
liking women is just a front

>cameos
REEEEEEEEEEEEE

Cuckoo for Dooku

Fifth for GILF

my.mixtape.moe/mncawv.m4a

>Not only am I extensively trained in helicopter combat

I fucking lost.

>tfw you'll never raid the Jedi Temple with your brothers and Lord Vader

Maybe it's because I'm hungry, but that close up just looks like a bunch of cafeterias and snack bars.

It's definitely the color scheme.

>mfw Jedi Temple also has the largest food court in the Core Worlds.
>Only place where Bantha Express and Coroissant are placed next to Mando-Bell

I wonder if this will be in the upcoming new version of the book that will be canon.

That would be amazing.

Huih. Rey's AT-AT scavenger pit looks really comfortable

Too much sand

Well maybe if she learned to clean up and not be a filthy scavenger she wouldn't have a sand issue
The first thing about living in a place with sand is a basic understanding of doors
Doors prevent sand from getting in. Doors prevent unwanted things from getting in. You know what's unwanted? Sand. It gets fucking everywhere
Second thing about living in a place with sand, a basic understanding of the weather which can transpire in a place with a lot of sand
If it's prone to sandstorms or droughts, you build around that. Plug up holes so sand doesn't get in. Your main enemy is not Carl from accounting or your next door neighbour, but sand. Because it's everywhere. How do you combat an enemy that's everywhere
You defend yourself. And that is not what Rey is doing

Sure, knowing how to fight with a ken-do stick is since, but it doesn't work against sand
Sand is like the force. It binds us. It penetrates us. It's fucking everywhere and gets fucking everywhere. You can't use a stick to fight something that's everywhere. That's not how the force works. You secure yourself. You rid of any sand that gets in and prevent any sand from getting in. You tap your shoes outside so you don't bring sand in. You clean frequently. This is first grade
If you don't know how to live with sand then don't go to a place with sand. The raisin Rey was dropped off on Jakku wasn't because Luke didn't know what to do with her, it's because he knows she can't deal with sand. It was a test.A test to see if Rey could handle the sand. But she couldn't handle the sand. That's why her attunement to the force is all willey nilley. She hasn't mastered the sand. The sand all around her. Inside her. The sand that surrounds her

She's not ready. She has no patience.

Classic Grinky, such a badass.

This is the best thing I've read all morning

>that picture
CUTE

My friend is trying to tell me that the majority is still disliking the prequels.

Does anyone have anymore more evidence of that being a false statement?
I have this tweet from Pablo so far.
twitter.com/pablohidalgo/status/708777308262301696

>Well maybe if she learned to clean up and not be a filthy scavenger she wouldn't have a sand issue
But user, sand is coarse and rough and it gets everywhere. EVERYWHERE

Seriously. She squats to use the bathroom and it's like an hourglass down there.

The key to Pablo's statement is different demos. Depending on your friend's demographics it's possible his agegroup typically dislikes them, and since you tend to socialize within your demographic at school or work, etc, well there you go. There is a heavy potential for confirmation bias.

Yes user, now with one cute /ss/ waifu, I'd like to give you another

Here's another tweet by Pablo

twitter.com/pablohidalgo/status/708775067992207360

There was news articles about China last year. They only just got a theatrical release of the OT, so for the majority of China, Star Wars was just the Prequels.

The OT was met with lukewarm reception there, partly due to the fact that so much of Star Wars has been ripped off in other movies, that they'd "seen it all before", and partly because it wasn't like the Prequels.

TFA also under-performed in China (well, it did crazy good, but definitely not as much as Disney was hoping), with many people believing that it was because it was so much closer to the OT, and China had zero nostalgic investment for TFA to exploit.

I suspect the stronger Eastern-influence in the Prequels also makes them more favorable to Asians.

We're the same age and went to the same school. So I'd say we're the same demographic.
Both of us are 21.

Oh snap, there's more fanart of Naare than tumblr-face Naare now? qt

Sweet, thanks!

I'll see if I can find some of those articles.

Thanks Anons!

They also walked away with the impression that
>Democracy is complicated, and easily defeated by a strong central authority figure.

Which kinda undermines the theme in the OT.

cinemablend.com/new/Simon-Pegg-Blunt-Opinion-Star-Wars-Prequel-Fans-93467.html

>I don't really have any respect for anyone who thinks those films are good. They’re not. (They’re) a monumental misunderstanding of what the (original) three films are about. It's an exercise in utter infanticide ... (like) George Lucas killing his kid.

Where were you when you lost all your respect for Simon Pegg?

I always found this so weird that he made these anti-prequel and anti-prequel-fan rants, but then happily did TFA, but more curiously, TCW. Like, he was fully aware about this being a Prequel Era expansion, from Lucas himself, and he accepted?

Did he have a change of heart, or was he just exaggerating his disapproval for street cred, or what?

Shaun > Fuzz > Worlds

Incidentally, internationally people have found it amusing that an American movie is showcasing this big militaristic bully as the villains while America has that exact reputation in some countries.

>Where were you when you lost all your respect for Simon Pegg?
I was watching Paul. It's a shame because I like his stuff with Edgar Wright but Paul was just such an awful movie.

Pegg managed to save the Nu-trek film series by writing Beyond's script.

I can still respect him, even if our opinions differ.

twitter.com/pablohidalgo/status/768902266476761088

Beyond was ehh.
His creepy love interest and LE BEASTIE BOYS XD didn't help.

I kinda had the same reaction when I saw it as a kid. I watched Alien, 2001 and Lawrence of Arabia so watching Star Wars wasn't that amazing.

I mean, they're not good films, but to call them a misunderstanding is... a misunderstanding of what Star Wars is. But he's not in charge and the story group has respect for Lucas.

Do you think Andi slipped something into his coffee?

>Where were you when you lost all your respect for Simon Pegg?

I was here. I've known of his utter hatred for the Prequels for a long time. I still like him as an actor and a filmmaker. But as a Star Wars fan, he's fucking cancer. He helped JJ write TFA for fuck's sake.

At least Serafinowicz actually had a good reason in his resentment for TPM.

I wouldn't say I've lost respect for him because I still like a lot of what he's done and I can't blame him for disliking the prequels, but this now 17 year long tantrum over Episode 1 not being like the OT is just embarrassing. The fact that he's been such a huge cheerleader for TFA just makes it worse. It seems like all he really wanted from Star Wars was just the same stuff again.

>TFA also under-performed in China (well, it did crazy good, but definitely not as much as Disney was hoping),
>crazy good
It did $124,159,138. That's not "crazy good" by Chinese standards at all.

>BvS did $95,769,365
>Antman did $105,370,038
>Civil War did $190,429,000
>Furious 7 did $390,910,000

>looking for SS fan art to fill my waifu folder
>find this

Why do people do this?

>At least Serafinowicz actually had a good reason in his resentment for TPM.
Aside from being the voice of Darth Maul and getting killed off like a bitch, do tell.

Why did you save that if you don't like it?

So I could post it?

>Does anyone have anymore more evidence of that being a false statement

no, because it isn't

It was still leagues better than the first two, and a hell of a lot closer to proper Star Trek

>I always found this so weird that he made these anti-prequel and anti-prequel-fan rants, but then happily did TFA, but more curiously, TCW. Like, he was fully aware about this being a Prequel Era expansion, from Lucas himself, and he accepted?
I think he knew. I haven't heard him discuss TCW at all beyond his role so I have no idea if he thinks TCW is good or if he lumps it in with the prequels. My guess is he probably hasn't even watched it. But it's kind of odd that he was offered the chance to be the official voice of a pretty well-known character in a George Lucas show despite his pretty famous hatred of the prequels and shit-talking of Lucas himself, and thought nothing of it and then went right back to his usual "Lucas killed my childhood!" nonsense.

I think he's just high on the TFA hype. I think he'd calmed down about it, but then here comes a new Star Wars movie directed by a friend of his and there's a lot of not so subtle marketing about how "this isn't going to be the prequels, this is REAL Star Wars again" and it's just brought that back out again.

Apparently he likens CGI to blackface.

cinemablend.com/new/Star-Wars-Co-Star-Slams-Phantom-Menace-Epic-Tirade-89027.html

CGIface?

Also he did not like his gift. Lucas has a fun sense of humor.

>As it turned out, this gift was a child’s Phantom Menace stencil set.
That's hilarious

>tfw no Naare lewds/smut

"Good, gooooood. This will make his performance even angrier for the sequel!"
"B-but sir, you had us cut Ray Park in half and throw him down a pit!"
"Brilliant! That will make him even angrier!"

Rule 35, user.

That really isn't saying much.

>not liking a road trip with a Rodger

And what makes it even better is that they eventually brought Maul back without him

>wanting a road trip with Seth Rogen

With Sam Witwer, who is a cool as fuck guy

I would say they're simply forgotten by now than disliked. Some movies will age quickly because of technology. I watched Toy Story recently and it looked like ass.

Yeah, really. We basically traded up- he's not only a really good fit for Maul, he's a genuine hardcore Star Wars fan and not just an angry OT purist.

Still not a fan of his Sheev, though.

Hey, anyone have the complete score editions of the soundtracks from 1-6? I don't see them in the stash.

Agreed
Sam is one of my favorite voice actors

One can only hope

I just checked the Pastebin and they are in there.

>he's a genuine hardcore Star Wars fan and not just an angry OT purist
I could listen to him and FPJ geek out about Star Wars all day

Has it been explained why giant kyber crystals seem to already have a color while small ones don't?

>Implying I liked him in the first place.

Nope. We don't know a whole lot about the big ones.

Maybe crystals naturally get their colors the more they grow/older they get?
So the small ones Padawans find are just at the brink of being ripe?

I think I should of looked though the tracks, I was looking at the covers instead.

youtube.com/watch?v=xH_g5j60mNM

Covers like this one

>So the small ones Padawans find are just at the brink of being ripe?
Just like the padawans themselves

>Wanting ripe Padawans
The greener the better

Nautolan shota are the cutest

disgusting dead fish eyes

Shit taste.

rank the following characters/place from most likely to least likely to show up & play a major role (so this isn't counting cameos like yeah, I haven't forgotten the Kenobi message in the pilot episode) in an episode or so of Rebels:

Alderaan
Han Solo
Jar Jar Binks
Luke Skywalker
Naboo
Obi Wan Kenobi
The Death Star

my ranking:
The Death Star (It's already under construction at the end of ROTS)
Alderaan
Jar Jar Binks/Naboo (if one shows up the other is quite likely to show up as well so I tied them)
Luke Skywalker (I actually put him at the #2 spot originally but then thought hard and realized that, unlike Leia, it'd be nearly impossible to work him into Rebels in a meaningful way that doesn't conflict with canon of the original Star Wars movie)
Han Solo (Ranked low because lol spin off movie)
Obi Wan Kenobi (Least likely for obvious reasons)

I know, Rodians are better

OH SHIT. I forgot about Sheev!

Uh... I'd say Emperor Palpatine ranks just between Binks and Skywalker in the 'likely to appear' in a non-cameo sort of sense category.

Least likely
>Twi'Lek slave market
>Twi'Lek brothel
>Twi'Leks won't show up in Star Wars ever again

>Twi'Leks won't show up in Star Wars ever again
Hopefully they'll take the Togrutas with them.

DELET DIS

Did you niggas end up watching Lianz last night?

>Le CGI is inherently bad

I want this meme to die. Practical effects looked pretty shitty in their first couple of decades, too.

Nah, we all fell asleep. We had fun watching and discussing about Apocalypse Now though.

But... that's why people dislike it. CGI is everywhere nowadays.

Oh well

>I want this meme to die. Practical effects looked pretty shitty in their first couple of decades, too.

Lucas "overdid" a lot of things in the prequels.

He was often concerned with making visuals appear busy and energetic, which if often contrasted with the inconsistent performances of the actors and the bad dialog they have to say.

He absolutely put too much effort into the CGI at the expense of other aspects of the prequels.

TPM actually has pretty great CGI, a lot of great little moments, but it also has Jar Jar flopping around and the screenplay is full of bizarre tone changes.

AotC has really rote dialog like this infamous "I hate sand" monologue where Anakin talks about his love of fascism like a high school kid.

And RotS which fairs better than all of them but still has overkill moments like Obi-Wan riding a CGI dinosaur to fight a CGI Grievious and Obi-Wan and Anakin's duel on Mustafar being overly long, overly elaborate, and with lines like "From my point of view the Jedi are evil" and "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" being instantly mocked with scorn.

>Luke Skywalker (I actually put him at the #2
>Obi Wan Kenobi (Least likely for obvious reasons)
Shouldn't those obvious reasons apply to both of them?

They said they wanted Rebels to go on as long as possible so we might see Luke show up when they go past Episode IV.

I want to see Bail Organa show up more, maybe with Mon Mothma. Honestly I just want to see the disparate rebel cells actually become the Alliance to Restore the Republic.

I want to see more of crazy old man Windu

He's in the Underworld screaming at nearby bystanders about the Emperor being a great evil.

>TPM actually has pretty great CGI
That doesn't hold up at all in plenty of scenes.

>AotC has really rote dialog like this infamous "I hate sand" monologue

I've never understood the issue people have.

>but still has overkill moments like Obi-Wan riding a CGI dinosaur to fight a CGI Grievious

I'm sorry they couldn't find an actual boga or actual kaleesh cyborg to fill in.

>and Obi-Wan and Anakin's duel on Mustafar being overly long, overly elaborate,

It's no longer than Luke's duel with Vader.

>and with lines like "From my point of view the Jedi are evil"

Not that terrible of a line

>and "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"

Not even from the same scene. It's not even super terrible, though i would've just gone with an angered yell instead.

>Lianz
Lainz as in pic related?
AND YOU DON'T SEEM TO UNDERSTAND

Nah, that Lianz. But good taste though.

I don't get it, everybody is being devoured by their animal hats?