The Rogues Are The Villains of Flash Movie

>Ezra Miller will enter the speed force in 2017’s Justice League and then in his own solo adventure. Not much is known about The Flash’s first featured film, but our EIC Umberto Gonzalez has just revealed via Periscope that the villains of The Flash will be The Rogues. The Rogues are a team of Flash villains that join together to try to stop the Fastest Man Alive. In the comics, the team is currently led by Captain Cold and includes Mirror Master, Heat Wave, Weather Wizard, the Trickster, Pied Piper, the Top, and Captain Boomerang.

heroichollywood.com/rogues-villains-flash-movie/

So they dropped the wheelchair philanthropist Eobard shit? I hope so.

>no Glider

DC, STOP! You idiots are rushing things! Have you learned nothing about movies that introduce 3 or more villains?

This will be a train wreck on the scope of Spiderman 3.

so I guess this is due to them wanting to differentiate from the series and the reception of Jai's Boomerang

or this is complete bullshit

we already got a qt glider on cw

>Spider-Man 3 meme again
TWS had 3 villains
Begins and TDK had 2 villains

Thank fuck. They're obviously not doing the Rogues in the show as Big Bads anytime soon

>Begins and TDK had 2 villains
>implying that introducing 2 villas is the same as cramming the backstory of 5 to 8 in the same movie

so the first script is completely gone then?

thank god

I love Begins, but it's not really a good example of multiple villains. Scarecrow ended up doing next to nothing in the end.

Literally no piece of news other than Snyder being fired matters

Snyder's in it for the whole ride

> TV show ruins movie worthy big villains instead of using budget friendly and character driven Rogues

i'm so mad about show's direction

Oh yeah because Heatwave can hold a movie. This is a rare case where multiple villains can work, just have Cold as the lead role

>Umberto Gonzales

Remind me why should I believe him?

It's either them or another speedster.
It's not like Flash has a great variety of villains anyway, only GL and Cyborg are in a worse situation

That's the only way Rogues works you pleb. None of those villains are worth a movie alone.

because he works at the Wrap now, a hollywood trade, so basically he can't fuck up

fuck off with Cold, he is already shilled enough

If it wasn't for the current state of the DCEU and the precedent that's been set for superhero movies with more than two antagonists so many times before, I'd probably be fucking hyped. The Rogues were sorely lacking in Flash S2, and it'd be awesome to see them all together.

Cold, Trickster, and Mirror Master are too much for one movie.

it also lines up well with ezra's cartoony portrayal of barry.

> tfw movie ends with flash having a party with rogues

>That's the only way Rogues works
Then the movie will fail. There is just too much being crammed in. They need proper set up and villains like the Rouges are better suited for TV than movies.

>Rouges are better suited for TV than movies.

I can't argue with that. Rogues are given to flash on golden plate for cartoons and tv.

and yet CW keeps shitting on Savitar and Black Flash instead

Huh, didn't know that. I thought he still did "leaks" that his "insiders" sources told him to post

Damn, hopefully this is true and good.

I was wanting to do a Flash "screenplay" for a writing exercise and I was gonna include the Rogues as the baddies. Maybe just 3 of em, Cold, Heat Wave, Mirror Master. The first act or so was gonna be Flash beating them individually one by one, and the dumbasses at the Central City jail put em all in the same holding cell and they plot from there.

But damn, rumor is DC is going all out with the rogues? Fuck. Gonna be tricky.

>Rogues without Boomerang
This movie will get shelved anyways.

>Implying we need a deep backstory for each and every rogue
That shit can be developed later or hinted at in dialogue. Not every character needs a whole movie of backstory.

When was the last time Digger(not Owen) even interacted with the Rogues

>C-list villain becomes recurring character on CW shows
>"buhhh he's too shilled"

Normally I'd agree with this, but Suicide Squad shows they kinda struggle with that, and just pouts a big bio on screen with their backstories and special skills on screen for about 5 seconds, then never bring up anything about them again unless it relates to some exaggerated personality type they were given.

>Boomerang: I'm a dick
>Katana: I'm Japanese
>Deadshot: I'm Will Smith
>Harley Quinn: I'm wacky xD
>Diablo: MY FAMILY!
>Slipknot: I'm going to die 5 minutes into the plot.

>Not every character needs a whole movie of backstory.
That is correct, but when dealing with a group as big as the Rouges, even a basic backstory is going to take a lot of the movie, and all but 1 or 2 are going to be about as important as Bane in Batman and Robin.

he is a protagonist in one of those shows too

Dont forget
Waller
Joker
GI John Doe
Enchantress
Enchantress Bro

>Joker: Sir not appearing in this film

>there is no such thing as an ensemble movie
MCUck pls.

And doesn't Spiderman Homecoming have 3 villains?

>muh Captain Cuck

fuck off. Mirror Master or nobody

Dorito kino

They're doing it in season 3.

>TV show ruins movie worthy big villains

Such as?

Not anymore they aren't.

No they aren't. They obviously aren't.

Not really. The villain is the Vulture, Tinkerer is essentially his repairman and there's an opening scene with the Shocker.

A very different beast from the Rogues operating in tandem for an entire movie.

Well there is one

They actually confirmed Mirror Master and the Top are coming in episode 4 and butting heads with Captain Cold.

Apparently they're setting up Mirror Master to take over assembling the Rogues since Cold and Heatwave are tangled up in "Legends of Tomorrow".

Mirror Master, Top and Magenta are confirmed to be recurring, Weather Wizard is expected to come back. No Cold, Heatwave or Glider, though.

You are delusional. By that logic we got Rogues in season 1 when two met and worked together and again in season 2 when 3 worked together.

>Spider-Man 3
>Each villain had their own plotline and it became a cluttered mess
>Flash Movie
>Every villain is in a team together and working towards the same goal
None of them can really hold a movie on their own. I think making the Rogues the villains is a fantastic idea and will work.

What do you consider Rogues, bro.

Just do them Ocean Eleven style.

The Rogues come together to pull a heist and are caught by the Flash. They're in jail and there their relationship deepen and does their desire to take revenge.

When they get out of jail they set up a complicated plan to take down the Flash where each rogue will have a part in it.

Batman Begins and The Dark Knight both did that and turned out fine.

>It's not like Flash has a great variety of villains anyway
Flash/Spiderman/Batman are considered to have the best villains you twat.

Honestly, it would take nothing for the Rogues to be caught in the first act through montage.

>DUDE! NO WAY! YOU were captured by The Flash! I was captured by The Flash! Dude! DUDE! You gotta meet these other guys! They were ALSO captured by The Flash!

Yeah...that's kinda what goes down.

Except for the first time when they were all being mind controlled by Gorilla Grodd

Since before the New 52.

He's been exclusive to Suicide Squad and never interacted with any of them in Forever Evil.

Yeah, only Buccellato has implied that Digger had been a Central City villain

I'm okay with this. The show is already Reverse Flash/Zoom-oriented (both in the form of Eobard and Zolomon) so having The Rogues as the big bad in their own film actually makes it easier to stomach this as a new thing of its own. Also the fact that it's not an origin film with the Flash being around for a while now means that easing into The Rogues will be that much easier.

But that's the fun part. Show them as professional criminals they came together to pull a big job that would retire them/make their lives better. They at this point don't know each other well. They're just professionais doing a job. Flash catches them.

So they're all send to the same jail and while there their lives fall apart. Captain Cold's sister get sick. Mirror Master turn to drugs. Heatwave got his body burned in the heist. So on. They initially blame each other in jail, fighing among themselves, but eventually they get to know each other better and plan for their revenge. This is where the audience get to know them better and how fun they're interacting with one another.

Then they escape and start putting in motion their biggest plan ever: take down the Flash for ruining their lives.

The movie would be 70% about the Rogues and 30% Flash.
You know, like the second or third Ocean Eleven movie. Forgot which one.

The Rogues don't really have backstories. They're more like "If Ocean's 11 carried science-guns"

To be fair, Digger was part of Ostrander's Squad so it makes sense for him to be on the Nu52 Squad.

That's more the second one.

And yeah, that's great too.
I was more along the lines of people saying it would be too cramped.

The Rogues have that versatility where you can go either route.

>character plays an important roll in something non-comic related for the first time in his existence
>overshilled
Nah nigga. Come back when he turns into Deathstroke circa 2010-2013

The end of the movie would be them getting caught but being okay with it because they managed to hurt the Flash in some way and prove themselves worthy of the challenge, and because they know they can easily escape jail.

Personally I like the idea of having the first half of them all getting caught.

And that is when Cold busts out the trump card that is Mirror Master which leads us into the second half where they plan on striking at the Flash

that's only true for Spiderman and Batman
only Flashfags try to convince people his rogue gallery is great but no one other than them believes it

awesome DC movieverse gets to gritty up Johns gritted up rogues. can't wait for more Mirror Master on coke shit

That's a pretty lame idea, bro.

>deathstroke
>shilled

he barely was in Arrow
if he was on the level of Cold he would be a co.star at this point
outside of Zoom Cold is the one with the most episodes in Flash while also being a main character in LoT

>Black Manta
>Rouges

Based Jones

lol no.

>spider-man 3 did it bad so now every movie does it bad
>now knowing the Rouges are all one character practically

So do I. It's only going to result in unflattering comparisons to the show.

oh shit is based Boomerang gona boomerang back!

QUICK!
How do you tease Reverse-Flash in this movie?!

the origin scene?

>spiderman'
>good villains

nigger what

people only consider his villains "good" because he's a character with a dedicated rouges gallery. By and large Spiderman's villains are pure shit.

Cool. I don't know why people believed the rumored synopsis that's similar to the TV show. That's literally just Berlantis movie that never got made.

They only had 2 villains, not 5+

sounds retarded

I could see this working eobard style but they would never go for it

>Have "ezra miller" playing flash when its really eobard from future who traveled back and pretended to be barry.
>have us follow him round for like 30 minutes before we realize something is wrong
>real flash shows up, eobard escapes
>we see his backstory and his love for flash
>after barry basically disowning him, his hatred grows and he plots to go back and take from everything from barry
>but not before he fucks up his own timeline by making killing his parents and the love of his life

I hope the Trickster is played by Mark Hamill again.

I feel like Johns' DCEU is slowly clawing its way towards quality with moves like this.

Technically Zsasz is in Begins also.

>le Spider Man 3 is bad meme

Grow the fuck up

So its okay when Marvel does it

Gotcha

Captain Boomerang
>already set up in Suicide Squad, regardless he's an Australian who throws Boomerangs

Captain Cold
>has a Cold gun. Shoots it.

Heatwave
>see above but with fire

Trickster
>obviously not Joker

Mirror Master
>Uses mirrors

None of the rogues really have any good character arcs that could carry a movie. They're basically bank robbers with fancy equipment.

And all the information you need is basically in their names anyway.

>Flash movie is going to have Professor Zoom as the main villain

WAAAAAAAAAH WHY DOES BARRY ONLY FIGHT EVIL SOEEDSTERS NOWADAYS

>Flash movie is going to have the Rogues as the main villains

WAAAAAAAAAH THERE'S TOO MANY VILLAINS FOR ONE MOVIE

Quit crying, DC fan.

PROTIP: It isn't.

Because it wasn't.

Rick Famuyiwa reportedly rewrote the script, though.

That, if Mayimbe is even right, which he might very well not be.

>middle ground doesn't exist

Flash has a number of villains who would probably be incredibly dangerous if they were up against literally anyone BUT Flash.

Brave and the Bold has them smack the shit out of Batman pretty easily until Old Flash and Kid Flash came in.

That's all supervillains, that and despots.

Fucking awesome. Glad the movies are playing it smart and not doing an evil speedster. If only the CW show would learn.

Cold and Mirror Master were the leaders of the Rogues. They should both be the big bads.

He's an A-list Flash villain though. Yes in the grand scheme of DC though he is C-List.

Are you the same user that always freaks out every time more than one villain is confirmed for a superhero movie?

Deathstroke has far more normie exposure than Cold.