Soooo...you liking it so far?

Soooo...you liking it so far?

I haven't read the first issue yet.

How about a story time because god knows we have all read this already.

>snake knight
>red chick
>bear
>blob person
>cube

I like the new space knights a lot tbqh. The new Dire Wraiths are cool too.

Regretfully, I just had to completely wipe my laptop, so I lost 7zip and all my saved files.

Anyone else wanna try?

First issue was cool but I don't like how infested the earth already seems. Just seems like it's too high for so early in the story.

Isn't that how it was in Marvel?

if somebody wants to story time this that'd be awesome

I'm pretty much loving everything besides the mediocre art, but that's just IDW for you. I'm happy the story, background history, and ROM's speech is turning out good for now.

I know the redesign has been a topic of much debate. Honestly aside from maybe the head and chest I've got no problem with it. His overall appearance and the eye-gauntlets really enhances the characters design as a balance between horror-movie killer robot and hero. The old mittens were cute, but giving him proper hands was a much more practical choice.

I never finished the original ROM run (couldn't find any online issues past #35 or so) but so far this new one is very much keeping the original's spirit. I look forward to see where it goes.

Issue 2's letters page says theres already an Annual coming in January. They must be really confident.

>Boco being a fag
What else is new

Just read it and it looks great so far
The re-design looks fine and retains the more iconic aspects of the original
I'm definitely going to be following the series going forward

also who else is hype for the IDW-Hasbro shared universe

I'm looking forward to it.

Nice, is he still from Galador?

I am very hype for it.

No, he's from Elonia now. Galador's a Marvel-owned thing.

Does Marvel even do anything with the Space Knights
The last time I saw them was War of Kings

Got killed off during Infinity I think.

They appeared in the latest Venom issue but they don't do much.

What does Marvel own? I find it weird that they use the term Space Knights as well.

I think they own Galador and the old school Dire Wraiths
I know they reference Rom when Space Knights appear but never by name

From what I understand, Parker Brothers came calling to collect on their original patent for the license to ROM's image and possibly name, so Marvel could only portray him in his human/galadorian form with a shield that resembled his chestplate. I believe those licenses may have expired, but Marvel just doesn't feel comfortable using ROM for whatever reason.

Sad, because I loved ROM. I have a first issue. They were the first comics I chose to collect.

This