I work at Marvel. My dad works at Nintendo

I work at Marvel. My dad works at Nintendo.

I come bearing a gift because I know how much you guys love Dick Rider and Direct Competition. First, this "announcement" was a last-minute initiative/pitch from a writer as a response to the massive success of Rebirth and the return of fan-favorite characters (yes, one Wally West in particular.) Second, said writer has already turned in the first two scripts AND has re-adjusted an ending for a maxi-series of his being published right now. I don't if the artist has started on the script yet but she has worked with the writer quite a lot on both street and cosmic level comics.

Can you guess?

Other urls found in this thread:

kierongillen.tumblr.com/post/148243953652/can-you-tease-what-your-next-marvel-project-will
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I can't wait for All Black All Gay Nova SuperSHEroes

A lot of people are expecting Bendis or some other awful writer to end up on this.
Personally, I'd be okay with Slott.

No idea.

Bendis is the troll answer, but the maxi-series bit could mean Kieron Gillen. He's done cosmic before, but I don't think he's ever worked multiple times with a female artist.

What limited series' are being put out by Marvel right now?

>I work at marvel

What's the mood like there?

>What limited series' are being put out by Marvel right now?
Considering almost every ongoing of theirs is actually a stealth mini/maxi, pretty much all of them.

>works at marvel, due to rebirth

Tell your overlords we liked rebirth because they didn't make Wally a quadrasexual, a-gendered, hipster, hispanic, black, asian, native, east indian mixed, muslim/jew, Sjw champion, toaster-kin, mermaid, with the power to beat any cis-gendered, white male scum with a shart, (Because womenz furt, get over it!!!) And they didn't hand it over to their worst writer.

A steaming heap of rancid shit from Bendis won't bring back all the fans you purposely alienated for the tumblr crowd. You wanted popularily for fucking us, but you went in dry, and that shit hurt. I'm not coming back for round two with a bigger blacker dick. (Because of fucking course it's black MARVEL!!!) Fuck you. How did you let your just acceptable movies become better than your comics?

If it's any consolation DC is recovering from Nu52, so you still have a chance if you quit raping characters for money.

>DC is recovering from Nu52
And yet they had more good books when the New 52 launched than they do now.

There's a very, very strong chance Marvel is only bringing him back so he can do something like give Sam all of the Nova force and become Bruce Wayne's character in Batman Beyond.
If he shows up with one arm, I'm dropping out on this.

Gillen isn't doing anything Marvel at the moment, and the only limited series going on right now, if you don't count Inifinte Comics, is Civil War

Also looking at solicits Pichelli seems to have left Spider-Man for good fucckkk

>Gillen isn't doing anything Marvel at the moment
Darth Vader.

>the only limited series going on right now, if you don't count Inifinte Comics, is Civil War
Also Deadpool v. Gambit and a bunch of CWII tie-in minis.

So Nova is showing up at the end of Darth Vader?

It'd be cool if he was palling around the cast of Star Wars this whole time.
Right now it's looking like Sean Ryan will bring him back in 10 or 11, but the preview for issue 10 was filled with inconsistencies.

The only acceptable writer working on Nova from Marvel's current talent is Hickman. Nova is the only thing from the DnA run that he hasn't touched and his Star Lord in SW was pretty good too.

If it is Bendis, that's just a waste.

>Hickman
>Marvel's current talent
user, I've got some bad news for you.

Hickman isn't currently working for Marvel, though that maxi-series comment could be alluding to his SHIELD book that has been delayed forever.

I thought SW was the last thing he did with Marvel.
I wish OP would just tell us who will be touching our Dick in the few months.

Although Hickman has never had a long association with a single female artist.

I'm going with Bendis or Slott if this isn't bullshit.

This. If Sam appears in the book at all or if he shows up missing an arm, then I refuse to buy it and will actively boycott it.

Why would he be missing an arm

Thanos tore it off in a Bendis book.

Personally I think one armed, grizzled veteran Rich would be pretty cool.

'Thus the price of heroism' and all that jazz.

>arm made of novaforce

Richard Rider sure has his fans here, but everyone else doesnt give a shit.

If Marvel really wants to see the old fans come back, they simply have to do 2 things:

>Reinstate Peter's Marriage

>Treat the X-men franchise with some amount of dignity and puts some decent writers on them, and lift those bullshit editorial mandates on them.

But we all know, those 2 things are exactly the things they dont want to do. Just give it more time while DC continues taking advantage of their "lets shit on the fans" approach.

writer: Bendis
artist: Pichelli

That's not what happened.
Captain America threw his shield at Nova, made it change its shape, and was somehow able to cut through Nova's arm.
It was fucking retarded and should not be referenced

>Bendis ruining yet another promising idea

why

Star-Lord lost his torso in that book, and it inconvenienced him for only a panel or two.

The rules the comic set up for that alternate universe were basically 'everyone is Mister Immortal', where you take wounds and die like normal then come back to life completely healthy with everything intact.

Nova was stranded there because he had to act as Doorman. There's no reason to think he didn't get resurrected and have his arm returned after dying.

If bendis is announced as the writer for this I'll buy a gun and shoot him

It showed them resurrecting in the nude, wouldn't that be super shitty for rich? He needs his helmet to have powers

>hold the door

How did his helmet escape anyhow?

I always wondered why revenger cap was the leader in bendis tie in and not lord marvell?

No he doesn't. His powers are inside him.
His suit basically has options for different uses on his powers and prevents substances he comes in contact with from spreading.

>Treat the X-men franchise with some amount of dignity and puts some decent writers on them
More like seclude them once again into their shit corner and give every character a solo of 100 issues where they make every ship canon.

The book has been confirmed to be a Sam and Rich co-star book...

Bendis probably didn't actually bother to read Thanos Imperative.

They'll probably take Sam off after the first arc.

It popped out of the Black Vortex when Sam was staring into it, but considering even Bendis is sweeping everything from Black Vortex under the rug and Ryan completely ignored the fact that Sam had retrieved his helmet and given it to his parents and knew that Robbie was still out there.

Unfortunately, a lot of things from vol. 5 have been pretty much ignored in vol. 6.

Really mixed feelings about Ryan's run. Issues 8 and 9 were great, but the way he's retreading so much ground kinda sucks.

Not if the books about Dick mentoring Sam.

Fuck Marvel then. No way am I going to waste my money on sam loeb no matter how they try and con me into it. They'll be lucky if I even read the storytimes.

Considering Sam tanks the sales for everything he's on, they'd be smart to drop that idea immediately

Damn, it's true.

10 bucks says Rich shows up at the end of CWII to bitch them all out again.

This. Putting Sam on the back is just sales poison. They'd basically be trying to get the book cancelled, which probably wouldn't surprise me knowing nu-marvel.

>No way am I going to waste my money on sam loeb no matter how they try and con me into it

It's been years since he's even been written by Loeb. He's practically a different character. Relax.

Are you guys forgetting how badly Rich's book tanked near the end? Nova in general is a hard sell. Always starts off strong and then nose dives.

Richard never left the top 100 in Vol 4. Sam is sitting well below 20k now.
There's a difference.

The lowest selling issue of Rich's run still Blows pretty much every non-#1 or event tie-in issue of Sam Loeb's run TFO.

This. Sam, like the character he's based on, is literal cancer and doesn't even deserve to share a panel with Based Rider let alone a book.

Sam is cute and has nothing to do with Loeb anymore, why are Richfags still mad?

Because he still exists.

Sam's existence is the main reason Richard hasn't been allowed to come back, despite how much everyone hates him.
Loeb or no Loeb, he still sucks.

But he's coming back now

but that's wrong.

You do understand Loeb just made a new Nova cause the opportunity arose, he didn't just decide to kill off Rich.

I don't know, people hate Sam because everything on Sup Forums has conditioned them to hate him.

I prefer Rich over Sam, but I found his book after Loeb to be fine.

That's editorial, or whoever mandates character arcs, not the writers or a fault with the character in and out of itself.

Five years later after Sam has ruined Nova's name.
If Richard can get this book to sell 23k, it'll be a fucking miracle.

People outside of Sup Forums hate him too.

Like who? and for what?

It's literally only Richfags who think Sam personally killed him.

There's probably some faggots who hate how he gets lumped in with Miles or Kamala, or hate how he was a jackass in the cartoon.

People on other websites for discussing comic books.
People hate him because he's a bad character that Marvel relentlessly pushes despite nobody liking him.

So you can't actually give any examples.

>People hate him because he's a bad character that Marvel relentlessly pushes despite nobody liking him.
Literally only Sup Forums as every other place sucks Marvel's dick.

>rich comes back
>no big deal, he's been back for like a year doing space shit
>RICH HOW DID YOU GET OUT WHY HAVEN'T WE SEEN YOU SINCE -
>space shit, and because you're a fucking skrull, and you're a fucking skrull, and i'm so done with your shit
>[real guardians arrive]
>[real thanos arrives]

erotic

christ

fuck the x-men

all they ever do is have rolling fucking crossovers and shipping and power level wank and time travel alt dimension bullshit that isn't even internally consistent

they started this

it's time to end it

Look up articles on CBR and Bleeding Cool about Nov coming back and check the comments section.

Holy shit, your dad works at Nintendo?

I could have sworn I saw Bendis as the writer for this in the solicits... Was it a fevered dream?

If they give a fuck about Nova/Rich Rider, they need to just fucking give the character over to Fabian Nicieza, IE the guy who actually MADE Rich Rider a hugely popular character in the first place with New Warriors in the 90s.

The Abnett/Lanning version was good, but Fabian wrote the DEFINITIVE version of the character in New Warriors and single handedly rescued him from the ranks of other long forgotten heroes.

Bring Rich back, give him Speedball, Justice, and Firestar as his supporting cast, and go full 90s nostalgia on the book and it will sell like gold.

it's bendis and pichelli come guys.

i mean op is probably full of shit but still

>go full 90s nostalgia
Sadly that ain't my cup of tea, although admittedly I started reading with Cosmic Mahvel.

Wouldn't mind that

Thos Richfag is also a Samfag

I love them both

> Marvel writer

Beenthis duh

Tripfag trolling.

Fuckfuckfuckfuckfuck

I welcome Pichelli but Bendis needs to stay away

>Also looking at solicits Pichelli seems to have left Spider-Man for good
She's doing the post-CWII arc in advance where Spider-Gwen will be B L A C K E D.

>I don't if the artist has started on the script yet but she has worked with the writer quite a lot on both street and cosmic level comics.

Fuck, this is Bendis and Pichelli, isn't it?

I dunno if Rich will be back before rhe big #1 but you can see part of his armor in this image although since it's big it might be Sam thinking about him or him being mwntioned.

The artist for Nova is wrapping up drawing for Sam's comic though, he posted on twitter.

Bullshit, Bendis DGAF about Nova and he will replace GotG with Jessica Jones.

Still hoping it's Gillen.

He should have stayed dead. They are going to ruin him like Starlord.

making Wally boring is worse though

that seems like a perfect plan to me

they'll probably kill Dick again for fun

>Dick Riderfags
If a heroes name is Dick, does that automatically make their fans the worst?

>Bring Rich back, give him Speedball, Justice, and Firestar as his supporting cast, and go full 90s nostalgia on the book and it will sell like gold.
Can't be worse than last New Warriors book.

they gave me an Amethyst book
New 52 was awesome
DC:You was awesome
Rebirth was a mistake

>toasted-kin
lost
also check the dubs of truth

No one cares, bye

You tell him girl haha what is your tumblr?
Maybe we can follow each other haha well if you want to of course haha

>Being this triggered
What a fag.

Dick fags are all fags
Nightwing and Nova

They're both mansluts and pretty gay looking so yeah

Gillen has a Marvel project that hasn't been announced yet, but it's someone he has already written.

kierongillen.tumblr.com/post/148243953652/can-you-tease-what-your-next-marvel-project-will

If Bendis writes, he'll spell it Ryder again.

Agreed