Why is this show so obsessed with fusions now?

Why is this show so obsessed with fusions now?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Split-brain
youtube.com/watch?v=wODKm9cI9Lw
youtube.com/watch?v=8iUTP2qDaJo
youtube.com/watch?v=C4ytNL8AUmw
youtube.com/watch?v=jYFYZZtnH-E
youtube.com/watch?v=6LGS-ywPxWs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

sex sells

Stop posting, Jasper. You are supposed to be corrupted.

FUSION IS COOL

They can't think of anything else interesting to write about.

The most you'll get is Steven crying about some trivial shit.

Why don't they write more episodes like the Bismuth one? That episode was fantastic.

Usually the show will use something in one of the "fillers" as a way to prep for using it in one of the later story episodes. That way people don't watch a fight and say "When the fuck did Steven learn to do that?".

Two gems fusing is sexual deviancy in their culture, so she gets great sexual arousal from watching other gems fuse.

It's not the show that's obsessed with fusions, it's the fans. They're just appealing to them to gain more viewership.

>Trivial shit
Did you watch the episode?

Stabbign someone through the stomach in self defense ain't trivial shit. Nor is casting someone out into the vacuum of space.

stabbing a gem is sort of like stabbing your reflection in a mirror. no one cares because it's just a fucking illusion

because it's overpowered with no real cost behind it

Just so we're clear Fusions don't retain or gain each other's memories do they? Connie didn't know who Bismuth was, and earlier when Sardonyx was formed Garnet's half had no idea about Pearl's intentions. How does a Fusion operate on a blank slate without full access to both memory-sets?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Split-brain

I've always assumed that they're still of two minds that become completely in sync. So they both think about the same things, without necesarily sharing the same memories. However, if they choose to think about something in particular, they'd be able to access each other's memories. Like Connie probably could have known about Bismuth if they, as Stevonnie, chose to think about her and access Steven's memories.

Think of it like quadrants for Homestuck's trolls. A somewhat interesting concept that gets way too much focus because shippers are shit and people love romance.

But Fusions are always at least a -1, unless your Fusion Materials float, like with Shaddolls.

youtube.com/watch?v=wODKm9cI9Lw

The same could be said for Rainbow Quartz, I doubt Rose would easily let Pearl know whatever dastardly secrets out she's been hiding from Pearl and the rest of the CG.

People in a relationship get to know more about each other, but not necessarily all of their secrets.

It's the show's biggest gimmick. No one gave a solitary shit until Giant Woman aired.

But the quadrants are quickly abandoned or seldomly brought up post-Hivestuck. It doesn't completely devolve into the Quadrants being the main focus like Fusions are.

Opal, while she has her own identity, seems to share some memories between her components, as indicated when she sings back Steven's song to him.

And I guess ABC Buster Dragon is a +1 if you only banish the materials from your Graveyard.

My opinion, you get to explore new/different characters because you've run out of ideas or hit a wall for the original ones. In a show with out fusion it's the equivalent of introducing a new character and them gradually taking the lead because they're something of a blank slate that you can do whatever you want with. It's just not as bad or noticeable on SU because the "new" character is really just a mashup of two older characters and so it doesn't really register to the viewer that their old/fav is being replaced for any noticeable period of time.

Earth Defense Forces Mecha Fusion vs Homeworld Gem armies when

I had a theory that Garnet, being a fusion 24/7 had better understanding and control of a Fusion and the mental access than most. However a fusion is founded on trust as well as always a small degree of 'space', as in Pearl shielding her memories, Garnet garnering hers, keeping their minds separate enough if just barely so Garnet wouldn't realize she'd being duped even sharing herself with Sardonyx.

Hopefully never, because it's going to look like shit.

You say that, but relationship bullshit is a pretty big focus of late Homestuck.

Now that Steven can fuse with Crystal Gems, I think fusions are being more emphasized to keep the concept fresh and build up hype for the inevitable fusions with Pearl and Garnet.

So they can have a weak attempt at making weak gems stronger.

This is now a GaoGaiGar thread.

youtube.com/watch?v=8iUTP2qDaJo

It is but it's not merely as big a thing as you'd think. If it WERE properly utilized and abused, the series might've turned out good, had the whole Quadrant/Romance system been tied into the plot. But it's not. After Snowman kills Slick it completely falls out of focus.

We get a bit how the main Baddie wants to hate-fuck his sister, but very little exploration into the idea.

youtube.com/watch?v=C4ytNL8AUmw

>protagonist literally saves the story by retconning all of his friend's dysfunctional relationships
>lol it's merely not as big as you think!

>build up hype for the inevitable fusions with Pearl and Garnet
user, I have some bad news for you..

youtube.com/watch?v=jYFYZZtnH-E

Because they're not allowed to have sex scenes.

That had more to do with Retcons and Vriska's nonsense. The stupid relationships didn't have anything to do with the plot. Does anyone care whether Rose and Kan became fuzzy lesbians or Davekat fucked? No, because it has nothing to do with the story in the end.

Whereas Pearl+Garnet and the Gems have a stake in relationships because FUSION, for the Homestuck cast relationships carry no meaning narrative-wise, other than to distract and annoy the reader.

youtube.com/watch?v=6LGS-ywPxWs

>stabbing pretty much holograms
If he really wanted to do something about it, he would of let Bismuth reformed and they could have talked it out with all of the gems.
>Nor is casting someone out into the vacuum of space.
They are immortal. Fuck them anyway. They lived long enough.

When did we fucking start talking about the plot? I just said there was way too much focus on it. You said it yourself, it had no meaning but it was a distraction to the reader, ergo too much focus on it.

GATTAI is cool. Fusion is gay.

Hahaha, how can people watch this shit?

But what if guest animator/designer?

>Talking shit about FINAL FUSION

Nobuyuki Hiyama is the most hot blooded VA in japan.

>he voiced OoT Link

Most badass Link got the most badass voice, too bad we never get to hear him speak.

You started out mentioning specifically Quadrants as if they got any huge focus.
>Think of it like quadrants for Homestuck's trolls. A somewhat interesting concept that gets way too much focus
When anyone that's read the comic can see they get completely forgotten and irrelevant by the end.

Easy to write drama + fusions are op which will be important against future homeworld gems.

because steven is the fusion of rose and a murder cock sperm

"Let he who is without murder-cock sperm cast the first stone."

it's been confirmed that Rose lies. she said that steven was something new, something different....he's not different. just the same old trick.

Joking aside, I think he's starting to realize that everyone around him would rather have Rose back, and everyone who he's encountered recently think he's Rose.

Fusion is a metaphor for relationships, and since pretty much all successful shows are about character relationships, fusion should be central to the show's theme.

>They are immortal
That makes it way fucking worse. Imagine just floating through space forever with absolutely nothing to do and no way to even die

Eventually the Rubies stopped thinking

Wouldn't it be awful if it was revealed that Steven wasn't the first human-gem "fusion"?

where do you think pink diamond got off to?

Why is this deck so obsessed with fusions?

She gets turned on when there's another fusion around and likes hanging out with other fusions. Amethyst and Pearl don't like fusing, so Garnet doesn't have any fusion pals to yuck it up with. That's why she freaked when Amethyst and Steven fused, since they're more likely to fuse more often than Amethyst and Pearl, and Garnet would have a fusion pal to chill with. With Stevonnie, she gets to have a fusion pal and preach the word of fusion to them, so she may be goading Steven and Connie into permafusing so that she can have a friend like her on Earth because she's lonely in her uniqueness.

Thought I recognized it.

Hi Viral, how's the kid? Oh wait...

They're an alien race of shapeshifters, the only reliable identifier about them is their gem. Steven didn't get his own so every gem that knew Rose sees that stone bellybutton as her real self.

What's the bad news? Why would Steven not fuse with those two

I think it's what you're willing to share

DELET THIS

It really bugs me that they were able to make Garnet a fun character who just happened to be a fusion for all of season 1, and now any time they mention or use her, they just have to throw in a comment about how she's a fusion. It's all anyone ever talks about with her anymore.

>Garnet
>Fun
>Season 1
>not boring and flat
lol

I cannot believe Yugioh ripped off Steven Universe.

Yes, I know Gem-Knights came first, I used to main this deck okay?

Gimmick creep.

>Holograms
The solid light constructs are the Gem's body, it's like calling a human's body a fleshy hologram of their brain.

Besides, it was clear Bismuth had deep seeded issues, talking it out wouldn't do much, at least not until the Homeworld issue is dealt with. As long as Homeworld is a threat, Bismuth would refuse to drop the idea that her methods are the right ones. Not to mention I doubt the other CGs would be very happy to chat with Bismuth when she tried to murder Steven

I didn't know human bodies were a volatile offshoot from our brains that could be reconfigured from a base state

>he hasn't died yet
get a load of this guy

The difference is, the body IS the Gem, even if it's made of light, and can be destroyed and reformed and even altered, without it the Gem is just a mineral chunk. They can be hurt, they can feel, they can cry, they can even eat and drink, and as Rose displays, have sex and give birth.

Shattering a Gem is permanent death, but poofing a Gem is a temporary death, because they can't do anything anymore, they, for all accounts, are gone, especially when they are bubbled, unable to move, to act, to reform, to do anything.

Connie's VA is great. Everything she does is spot on. If only I could say the same about Steven and Garnet's VAs.

For a human the body is their soul, their hand is part of what they are, the little twitch in the eyes is a fundamental part of them.

For a Gem the body isn't the soul, it's just an expression of the soul. They wear it like old clothes.

Easy way to put characters into situations where they're forced to deal with their issues, because communication is hard unless you're literally mind-melded with someone.

Because it's the main theme of the newest arc. Same way it was "obsessed" with Peridot learning about the Earth during the barn arc.

It's basically the fusion arc. That's actually good, because it's a from of training montage before they are ready to fight the next big threat.

I love sky diving scenes.

GAOGAIGAR is vastly superior to SU.

Old clothes that literally are their entire self. It's why they cannot change their physical appearance completely, because they are who they are, otherwise Amethyst could just change into a tall muscular body when she reforms. Without that body, they are just a rock with a mind, but no way to move until they reform, it's tantamount to death, if not that, a coma at least. It was the equivalent of Steven putting someone he just befriended into a coma and then locking them away in a room. Yeah, I'd say it's pretty traumatizing for a kid.

Why did this episode have good animation for once? SU is usually complete garbage.

Half the episodes animation (namely the entire song segment) was done by Takafumi Hori, an animator from Studio Trigger. The rest of the episode was done by the normal animators. Most likely having a chunk of the episode done by another studio allowed the normal animators more time and effort for their own scenes.

>TFW they are trying to finish what the TRANSFORMERS STARTED IN 1986

Garnet keeps acting out of character this season its really weird to see Garnet smile alot.

Shes feeling comfortable with her life. Shes surrounded by people shes loves and is connecting more and more with Steven, who she clearly loves like a son, and is now even seeing him gain a connection like her own, so she can bond with him even closer. I bet when we inevitably get the episode where Garnet and Steven fuse, she'll be in cloud nine afterwards because of joy.

I like silent badass Garnet more than this PRAISE FUSION YALL imposter, gibs me back my season 1 Garnet Sucrose you cunt

People keep saying this but I saw at least a few takes outside of the song that were very distinctly his animation style.

>I prefer the silent, emotionless soldier over the loving, happy mother

weak bait

you've got the touch.

Pearl is the motherly one fuck off.

Weak bait? The show's animation is dreadful and stuff.

*stiff

Pearl is the obsessive aunt.

>Crystals are a bunch of loud-mouthed radical extremists with an oppression complex
>somehow this is morally superior to Homeworld, who indeed refuse to evolve as a society and allows itself to decay,

I'm pretty sure Homeworld never stooped to "LET'S JUST SHATTER EVERYONE WHO CHALLENGES OUR IDEALS". Granted, Homeworld only really seems interested in colonization and maintaining its rigid and elaborate caste - but anyone living under the Diamonds could see why that makes sense.

Can't 'doze the Rose.

>literally left Steven to die hanging from a cliff because MUH ROSE

That scene forever taints her for me, I don't give a shit how motherly they make her for Connie or Steven, she's a dyke cunt who'd probably half celebrate Steven dying if it meant Rose came back.

They are all mothers. Pearl is the worrying, loving mother who is more likely to kiss your booboo if you fall off a bike. Garnet is the strict but caring mother who showers you with love no matter what and never seems to lose her temper, but will certainly put her foot down when you step out of line or get into trouble, and Amy is the fun loving, carefree mom who will buy you ice cream before dinner and sneak you cookies, and is really easy to confide in.

Yellow wanted to destroy Earth out of spite.

>I'm pretty sure Homeworld never stooped to "LET'S JUST SHATTER EVERYONE WHO CHALLENGES OUR IDEALS"
they literally were going to shatter ruby over a minor protocol point