What went wrong?

What went wrong?

Time Travel

That goes without saying.

>Disney: Man, that Gargoyles series sure is popular! We're gonna' renew it for a third season!
>Greg Weisman: Oh hey that sounds awesome.
>Disney: But we're cutting the budget, changing to a cheaper animation studio, and moving it to USA
>Greg Weisman: Wh-why?
>Disney: Also you only get thirteen episodes.

Can you blame Greg for bailing on that shit?

God, I remember in like the first episode they had Angela move by just sliding the cel at high speed across the frame...

Not to mention Disney also wanted to not allow Goliath and what's her name be a couple

sorry

Well that's stupid, they were made for each other. Do you have a source on that though?

Also, Fox was hotter, just saying.

I think I heard rumors once that it was because he had a tail. There was this meeting or whatever for the third season before Greg bailed, and the PR or Execs or whatever you call'em don't want Goliath and Eliza together, but then they're like "If you get rid of the tail it'll be fine, just make an episode where he doesn't have a tail!"
And Greg was like "What does it matter if he has a tail or not?"
And they're like "Animals have tails, kids will think it's okay to kiss animals!"

They'd already fucked that up years before.

I constantly hear such shit about US execs.

How come these ignorant clowns, who destroy opportunities for their companies left and right, stay in positions of power?

Are they telling themselfes and others, that all their shortcomings are the faults of others?

It's not just US execs/producers. The producers of Wakfu forced the studio to keep Yugo young when they wanted to age him up with the rest of the characters because the producers think a kid's show has to have a kid has the the protagonist.

>redhead magical assassin MILF
Hmm... yes. Yes, I think she was.

curtains match the drapes

Nepotism. It's common in most media industries but especially in Hollywood. You ever read any of those leaked Sony e-mails? Some of their execs were literally too dumb to understand the plots of children's films. It's pretty fucking awful to think that most of the decisions made about cartoons are based on the uninformed opinions of out-of-touch idiots. Honestly, having Sup Forums run the studios via strawpoll would probably be just as good, if not better.

But aren't Ankama free to do their own thing now?

Not sure. S3 might be on Netflix and they're pretty cool about letting studios have more freedom.

They took away most of the good characters and left Goliath to carry it with the meh female characters and local of the weeks that hardly anyone cared about.

In their mind "any" amount of money is better than loads of money on a risk

Because in America business is all about meeting expectations. You tell your shareholders what you're gonna make in a year and you're expected to meet that.

You don't want to make less because shareholders will think you're incompetent and fire you or leave.

You don't want to make more because shareholders will think you gave them a bad forecast and thus think you're incompetent and fire you or leave.

You need to be as safe and predictable as possible and make exactly what you told the shareholders you'd make to keep them happy. Don't take risks, follow proven formulas to a T, and FOCUS TEST, FOCUS TEST, FOCUS TEST!

This is why Hollywood is in a panic right now, because so many movies are doing better or worse than their expectations. "Experts" can't accurately predict what audiences will like, and a movie getting bad worth of mouth can kill it in a weekend.

Gargoyles went to shit long before Goliath Chronicles.

Unless you REALLY want to defend 26 consecutive episodes of floating on a rowboat.

Take off those nostalgia-tinted glasses, OP.

Hunter's Moon was great, though.