MORRISON Thread

hOW YOU WANT YOUR mORRISON, SENPAI?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ICkGA7OfMjY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

This thread is terrible. Revaluate your life.

Can't pick it clearly between pre or post drugs. And Flex is probably my favorite work by him and that was on drugs.

My fav was post drugs Moz but that may be bias because those books got me into comics

>OFF DRUGS
>not HAS BECOME DRUG

apply yourself

Morrison himself said he was on a shitload of shrooms during his doom patrol run

and I'm pretty sure he never stopped taking drugs.

fuck off tavvros

>Morrison himself said he was on a shitload of shrooms during his doom patrol run
Is that why it was so awful?
It flet like a teenager trying to ape Morrison.

This issue specifically was just complete shit.

To be totally accurate I should have said he STARTED drugs halfway in the DP run, but an iconic issue on the borderline didn't fit with the chart so i rounded down.

>To be totally accurate I should have said he STARTED drugs halfway in the DP run,
This makes so much sense. That's when it got really bad.

If your chart doesn't reflect reality then it's time to delete the chart and the thread.

You will not generate meaningful discussion by dishonestly obscuring the truth with memes.

>"The weird thing with me is that I'm into magic more than I am drugs and I started my psychedelic experiments very late, as an adjunct to my magical work. I ate a little bit of hash when I was 24 and I had some mushrooms when I was 28 but otherwise I was totally straight edge until I was 31. I was in a psychedelic punk band where we didn't drink, smoke or take drugs! I only got into drugs when I felt sorted emotionally enough to deal with the effects and I had good magical reasons for doing so. Then in 90's I joined the rave party and spent every single day of the decade getting totally wrecked on mind-altering substances which, I have to admit, I enjoyed immensely. I was never keen on stimulants like cocaine and speed because they did nothing useful or interesting for me but I loved the psychedelic drugs which could twist my head, erase my name and address, open up my subconscious and turn my brain into a super-conductor, so I dosed like a madman for ten years, studied the effects and wrote it all down in The Invisibles and Flex Mentallo in particular. Zenith, Animal Man and Arkham Asylum are pretty straight edge and Doom Patrol shows the influence of shrooms from around the time of those Insect Mesh issues but I was mostly doing it straight. The 90s work emerged from the cockpit of a rocket-driven rollercoaster of LSD, cannabis, mushrooms, DMT, 2CB, ecstasy and champagne."

So Yeah DP was the borderline, where, and this is my theory. Grant had been typecast as the Weird guy" and the next moore after Animal man so he played up the bizarre stuff for DP, which lead to him doing drugs and building his persona through the mass magic/branding exerciser that was the Invisibles .

In any case DP is more sober than high so i rounded down.

what's 2CB?

>DMT
wew
DMT scares me

2 Comic Books

If you actually read Grants interviews around 2000 he for sure comes off as a guy "sobering up.' There is a palpitable.. almost boredom with his past work and he left DC for Marvel after the Superman book was cancelled

I can re edit it with Doom Patrol Book 1 in pre and DP book 2 as drugged but even then DP was pretty sober

Heh. Nice, user.

Seriously, I fucking hate drugs with a passion and avoided them like a plague , but Psychedelics make them seem so cool and beneficial . Talk me out of them Sup Forums

don't do it
I doubt many denizens of Sup Forums are mentally stable.

the absolute mad man

as a degenerate hedonist, psychadelics are my favorites

but the main thing you gotta check up on first is any family history of mental illness

Well my Grandma is bi polar, my mom is a dyslexic adhd, I am autistic and my dad is a raving asshole to the point of sociopathic delusion

I would stay away 2bhw/u.

That all seems rather pedestrian though isnt it?

ya lost me

Like that stuff is just normal shit anyone in there family would have aint it?

The big red flag was your autism. I don't think that would mix with acid.

t. guy who's never done more than weed

nah, acid and autism aren't a volatile combination
schizophrenia, paranoid delusions, anxiety disorders, and psychosis are the main things to watch out for

What's really neat is why he started to take drugs.

explllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllain

Forgot this.
youtube.com/watch?v=ICkGA7OfMjY

is this about his alien encounter

From when he tells it to Kevin Smith, yeah.

>Doom Patrol
>Pre Drugs
There's no possible way. I'm pretty sure Morrison was into drugs before he made it at DC. Maybe I should re-read his book again.

Doom patrol if anything is what got him on drugs.

i dislike the cliche that any out there or bizarre thinking has to be drugged.

In fact, outside Invisibles. I find his drug works pretty tame.

Grant actually only went on drugs in the 90s and essentially stayed constantly high for a straight decade, then quit in 2000 for the milineum. it was all really well planned. Basically doinga ll the drugs for a lifetime in one go.

It's been well documented that Morrison was straight edge during the Doom Patrol/ Animal Man days. I mostly prefer that period of his work, except for Arkham Asylum, which is shit (the art is great though).

I found it kinda fun