Recent Purchases / Shelf Thread

Show off your Sup Forumsllections!

Still pretty new to comics, but is there a special site for secondhand comic backissues? eBay's alright, but shipping's a killer if you have to order from multiple sellers, and my LCS is pretty lackluster.

I didn't get anything recently but my Paper Girls membership card finally came in the mail

I use midtown most often when they have a sale

This reminds me - I need to add Paper Girls to my order this month.

So many comics, so little money...

I only recent got back into comics in a big way. For the last couple of years I've just had a couple of books I kept up with and wasn't reading any older material alongside them, but I've caught the bug again and it may bankrupt me. This stuff only filled about one shelf 6 months ago.

recent acquisitions

Nothing special to add

I've got volumes 2-4 of Academy X in the post too. Still need to find vol 1 for cheap. They're all out of print, but I snagged 2-4 for £14 from ebay. Can only see vol 1 for £30+ at the minute.

Also waiting on the first volume of the Perez Wonder Woman omnibus.

My birthday is coming soon and my parents always get me a really nice comic. Any recommendations? Regular omnis seem to get down to $35-50 too fast. I'm thinking maybe an Absolute edition but I heard they're kind of lame.

Also I'm realizing the Tales of the Batman for Archie Goodwin is essentially a stealth Manhunter collection with "Batman" on the cover as a Trojan horse, and it's fantastic.

Absolutes are great. You heard wrong, probably just poorfags.

Oh shit, the Kelly book is out? I need money.

Got these over the past month!
Also started collecting Discworld books

Recent orders, going to be selling the Hulk Masterworks for that sweet, sweet Sealed/OOP/Variant/First-Wolverine-Appearance money.

Shelf 1/4

Shelf 2/4

Shelf 3/4

and Shelf 4/4, no idea why this one came out so blurry.

Absolutes are only worth it if you really love the art because that's the huge benefit of them or if you can find one cheap which is possible if rare

See poorfags. $80 is like 2 hours of work mate.

Yeah but what's the point of spending 80 dollars on a format that is made for good art if you don't like the art?

I'm considering getting the Omega Men trade because I've heard so many good things about it, but I've never read anything with Kyle Rayner before, and almost no Green Lantern in general.

Am I going to be entirely lost if I read it?

>>Also waiting on the first volume of the Perez Wonder Woman omnibus.
Great Omni

I like your taste, user. Absolute Batman & Robin it is.

Thanks mate, you won't regret it. The art is stunning and its IMO the best B&R run.

It have the complete collection of Hellsing too but I don't think it would alright to have that out

Bump

Fuck you IST, it doesn't take a week to grab one book and throw it in with the rest of the order.

Exact same situation right now. They're so hit-or-miss in my experience. Some orders are shipped almost immediately.

Had an awesome trip to Halfprice the other day!
Each volume of Concrete was 6.50 and I copped The Book of Genesis for only 12.50.

Also some nice vidya finds

I don't get it, I've never had a problem with it before. How do they just let an order sit there for so long? It's so infuriating to see that one white dot.

Email them. They usually respond quickly.

>email them
I've had this happen multiple times, and a year or so ago, I did. I got a boilerplate "sometimes it takes longer, oh well" response. The "stuck at 95%" glitch has been around for awhile. It always resolves itself though.

I've been looking for the Academy X trades but can't find them for a decent price ,__,

bump

Most recent. I'm hoping to pick up Decadence 11 when it comes out, but I'm doubting I'll be able to. I also just bought my tickets to SPX. First time going. I'm excited.

Same, so I was super pleased to spot 3 of them for less than half of what they seem to go for individually.

Still waiting on them being delivered so it's not impossible they're in way worse condition than they looked, but feedback was all good, so figured it was worth a punt.

Jelly of the Absolute Top 10, had a chance to buy it cheap but passed and im still kickin myself over it

buy something new!!! for fucks sake you post the same picture in every thred!!!!!!!! fffffffuuuuuuuuucckkkkkkk

I've been reading old ASM issues digitally, can anyone point me to a good reading order with annuals and other SM series for the later stuff?

any recs would be highly appreciated, also if anyone hasn't seen/read "the crow" you should get to it asap

Yea you fucked up, my friend has it and the extras are fucking amazing

1/3

2/3

3/3
in storage

Haven't really bought comics in a good number of months because bills and a new found obsession with buying shoes but these as well as a few other books like Prince of Cats reprint, Head Lopper trade paperback, and Kill Six Billion Demons once they become available on Instocktrades are on my go buy list

I have backed some kickstarters for comic anthologies though. Those are always pretty fun.

No, I knew jack fucking squat about Rayner before reading the series and it was still quite good.

I was going to pick up the trade on Wednesday but i got busy and had to go on Thurs and the damn lcs was sold out, lol.

Don't want to sound like a dick but your shelves are bowing, you might want to think of moving at least that top shelf to the bottom one... maybe take a chunk of whats on shelf two and put it on shelf 3...

just a thought.

Get the 5th hellboy tpb, and then start on BPRD plague of frogs, also if youre into more Batman, Morrisons Batman and Robin is really fun, and Black Mirror by Snyder is pretty cool as well, although the way its collected feels a bit disjointed (imo), but the story is good.

>Spider-gwen

How much do you regret that?

He came back for round two, so it must not be that much.

Looking at two ANAD trades side by side for the first time makes me just amazed that they made Marvel NOW trades look even worse.

i've been wanting to finish hellboy before getting started on plague of frogs, but the tpb's are a bit too expensive for the amount of content. i'm thinking of giving morrison more of a chance after how disappointed i was with arkham asylum, any specifics on his work?

In my dreams, Dark Horse will release a paperback version of the library editions, like they did with the BPRD omnis. That said, the BPRD omnis are a great value. On IST you can get all 4 for about 53 dollars, which should be a total of about 60 issues.

For Morrison, I'd say try Doom Patrol and Animal Man. His Bat Epic has a lot of ups and downs but is pretty interesting overall.

you people need to learn how to combine your pictures or take a picture of your entire shelf

This is the reading order i've been going off of, it was made with collaboration with Mignolaverse people.. I'm skipping some stuff like witchfinder and a bit of the lobster but after the 5th hellboy trade you can easily just slide right into bprd which is collected in a few diff formats.

multi pics help with bumping the thread though

Morrison is the king of "weird meta" so stuff like Doom Patrol, Multiversity... parts of his "bat epic" are kinda weird and rely on prior comics knowledge, Animal Man is fairly straight forward though and stuff like His B&R run and Batman Inc don't realllllllyy involve a ton of prior knowledge to enjoy.

well only if you post them like 20mins apart, but sure.

desu theres no reason to combine if you only have a few pics total anyways, its that guy who puts all his floppies on his bed and posts 20 pics that gets a bit ridiculous

You can tell them to just ship the books they have and they'll send you the others when they get them free of charge

Pre-ordering this right now.

LOL, hopefully you guys already have Hellboy LE 5.

That's beautiful, I need it

Thank you so much user

I don't get the Library editions anyways, i prefer paperback and I'm in Canada so i can't get those sweet sweet IST prices anyways.

And now we just have to wait until December

IT IS WEDNESDAY MY DUDES!

What's everyone reading? Sandman, green lantern, crisis on infinite earths and hellblazer for me!

It's Friday.

..... you might need to check your anus, you're missing time and you may have been probed.

I'm the dude that was reading through the Crisis stories from a week ago. Currently on 52, but I'm taking my time. As I posted above, IST is taking their time on my last order and I decided I didn't want to start Morrison's run without reading The Black Casebook first. 52 is fucking amazing, though. How's CoIE so far for you?

Also trying to decide what I want to grab next. Debating between Moore's Swamp Thing, Johns' Green Lantern run, or maybe a Golden Age or Silver Age omni.

52 is fucking fantastic, and if the version you're reading doesnt have the weekly commentary its basically required reading after each issue so find it online

most recent purchases

ya IST can take a while sometimes especially if they gotta order something for you!

COIE is good so far. i think im on issue 8. it has seemed slightly repetative from issue to issue but thats sorta the story line i suppose.. it isn't bad at all. it's semi-dense and issues take me about 25-30 mins each. im enjoying it a lot so far though!

ive had similar issues, but always still buy from them. The few times that i had to email them they responded quickly.

Sup Forums related but Sup Forums doesn't give much of a shit about buying manga so I'm gonna post here, some of you may be interested

there's a deluxe edition of the Ghost in the Shell manga to be released in january, hardcover, left to right reading and a few other changes.

>left to right reading
I hope you mean right to left. There's supposed to be a deluxe edition of Akira coming out as well, but I haven't heard Kodansha give anymore details beyond the announcement.

How is the Suicide Squad Silver Age Omnibus?

yes right to left, my bad.

and yeah, a deluxe akira is coming out as well to celebrate 35th anniversary of the manga. supposedly a box set

Yeah, for me CoIE was one where the story and the scope of everything was absolutely awesome, but then it feels like there's a lot of filler to pad it out to 12 issues and has some bad dialogue at times. There's way too many panels of "I, [insert name], will use my power of [insert power] to save these people!"

Calm down, I bought that Epic Moon Knight this week, maybe you can recommend me something

>How much do you regret it

Not at all, why do you think its bad?

That level of hassle is unnecessary for comic books. They'll get here.

>Deluxe Akira
I JUST finished buying the paperbacks a few months ago. Damn it.

>I JUST finished buying the paperbacks a few months ago. Damn it
yeah it sucks when that happens. if you care enough you can maybe sell your TPBs, save a bit of money and get the deluxe, it's what i did with Fury: A War Gone By.

1/3

I really need to get that second volume of Punpun.

>skipping anything in the Mignolaverse

This stuff it too big for either shelf so it's just sort of on my desk. I wish I could sort them in there properly.

I really need that new Corto volume.

Is there any place that either sells the Seven Soldiers of Victory vol 1 tp or vol 2 hc? I'd hate to have one volume as a hc and the other as a tp and wanted to make sure there wasn't anywhere cheaper than Amazon.

Not really been updated since I last posted it, but here are what my shelves currently look like.

I have no idea what these are but I want to check them out.

It's Friday, and I'm reading Cosmic Odyssey. Liking it so far.

Shit happened to me when the Life of Captain America omni came out and I had the hardcovers. I sold them for $40 and put it towards the omni. It was a bit of a loss but I know the person who bought them loved the hell out of them.

The ridiculous to read pile (which should have more on it thanks to the June purchase).

That June purchase. Since then I've added Go West 1-4, Usagi Yojimbo FB collection, Avengers Endless Wartime, Grendel Black, White and Red, Shutter vol 1, Genesis and Adventures of Superman vol 1.

Might offer up updated photos if I get off my lazy ass in the next hour.

If you're in the US try IST

They only have Vol 1 in HC and Vol 2 in tp. I guess it's not that big of a deal, though.

>Those Discworld books
I don't recommend starting with the watch. They're much more fun if you get a feel for the world so you have some context for the normalized absurdity of it all.

Still reading both ASM Vol 1 omni and Sandman

>Why do you think it's bad

The story is incredibly boring and the artwork leaves a lot to be desired. I love her costume but everything else is bad.

Bought this stuff last week, not in any particular order

Just ordered these.

Shit i didnt even know it came out already. Thanks for the heads up.

If you happen to be in toronto you should check out BMV on spadina. They have a large collection of tpb and hard covers for decent prices.

Fair enough. I still enjoy it though