So which one is the better Alfred? I thought both were extremely good

So which one is the better Alfred? I thought both were extremely good

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xAlGIS0p8MY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Caine by a country mile

way more sincere and believable.

BvS alfred was a little too cynical/ "the shit I put up with" for my taste

Both are great. Nolan's Alfred is my favorite thing about those movies, I'm gonna go with Irons though. He gives off the vibe that he's always been there at Bruce's side and always will. If you catch what I'm referencing that's neat.

BvS alfred had been doing Alfred for a considerably longer time.

Not only that, Caine's Alfred was filled with regret at the end of Nolan's series, and I feel like he would have turned out just like Irons' alfred if The Batman had lived long enough.

I want to see Irons lay down The Butlering on Cavil.

I like both but i give the edge to BVS Alfred. I really like the dynamic he and Bruce had

>Batfleck : I don't deserve you, Alfred
>Alfred: No sir, you don't.

>I'm afraid Master Dick has... gone traveling.
>He ran away?
>Actually, he took the car.
>He boosted the Jag?
>Not the Jaguar. The other car.
>The Bentley?
>No, sir. The other car.

Definitely Caine. Not just his performance, but the material he was given is superior as well. Sure, Irons gave a heartily dry and sarcastic edge to Alfred. But the anecdotes Caine's Alfred gives are some of the best pieces of dialogue among the trilogy, especially in The Dark Knight.

They also create a rich context for Alfred that even the Burton's Batman failed to do. In the Nolan trilogy, we realize that Alfred had a life before he was a butler - one that was full of adventure and bad-assery. He is experienced, he is wise, and he has seen some shit - which makes more sense when you realize a butler is assisting sociopath dress up as a bat and take down the mob.

Although TDKR perhaps gets some flak around Sup Forums, all memes aside, there is no denying that the scene between Bruce and Alfred before Alfred leaves for good is heart-wrenching.

BvS is a tonal disaster, and the more I think about it, the more perplexed I am as to why a seasoned talented actor such as Jeremy Irons agreed to even do the film.

Irons Alfred piloted Batwing
Caine Alfred lifted a burning log

Pertwee Alfred punched a loli in the face though, so he is the best

Nigga Irons was in Dungeons and Dragons

I like BvS Alfred way more. I love when Bruce tell Alfred that he doesn't deserve him and Alfred says "no you don't".

Agree. Can't compare apples and oranges. They were perfect for when they each were in their Batman's career.

Here's a harder question,

Is there any incarnation of Alfred that is genuinely horrible?

The Burton/Schumacher one. He does nothing.

Beware the Batman?

>talking shit about based Michael Gough

boi...

I haven't seen that, care to explain?

Best Alfred is not even a Alfred

>Just finished the show
>Basically Batman and Rei Ayanami in Mazinger
Shit was cash

this desu

Winner!

>Jeremy Irons agreed to even do the film.
Money. It's always money in a case like this.
Dungeons and Dragons bought him a castle.

First thing that ran through my mind when I saw all of Big O.

I can imagine Irons doing the badass Alfred thing easier.

But that's just because he sounds so good when he shouts.

I liked them both a lot, and I really want to see more Irons as Alfred.

But man, this fucking scene got tearing me up. Easily one of the best parts form DKR.

youtube.com/watch?v=xAlGIS0p8MY

Alfred with a shotgun one ups Batman every time.

Jeremy Irons could be reading aloud from the phonebook and his gruff sexy voice would still bring me to orgasm.

Caine was more like a father. Irons was more like a brother. They both excelled in those roles and fit perfectly relative to their Bruce's age and where he was as Batman.

I think I like Irons just a little more because he was a lot more actively involved in helping Bruce be Batman while still trying to balance him out whereas Caine was more medical/moral support and didn't help much with the actual crimefighting. Caine leaving because he felt it was the only way to save Bruce was heartbreaking, powerful stuff, but Irons sticking by Bruce and trying to be his voice of reason even as he spiraled downwards is a bit more true to the character, I think.

This, Gough was superb. Even in the shitshows that were the Schumacher films, he was stellar.

Caine cried too god damned much. I liked having an Alfred that talked shit.

The first time I saw BvS Alfred, I thought it's batmans husband. I don't know why...

Caine is emotionally more effective.
Irons has the banter with Bruce down better.

One stood by Bruce through decades of incredibly bitter crusading

The other quit as his Butler in an attempt to stop him from continuing as Batman.

He was a nothing "character", he just had a few comedic relief lines.

BvS's Alfred had been tolerating Bruce's shit for far longer and most incarnations have him taking the shit out of Bruce since he doesn't like him doing the Batman shtick.

Nolan's third movie was shit from start to finish and even Alfred suffered.
There isn't a single scene where he isn't complaining and crying. Alfred is not a nagging bitch.
I get what Nolan was aiming at, but he missed by a lot.

He wasn't even really a character in those movies. He was kinda just there.

I really liked Irons and can't wait to see more of his Alfred in Batfleck's solo and JL.. Caine was great as Alfred and he's had the advantage of three movies to develop his character

I think you mean Tangerines.

Caine was better imo. He was more fatherly, watching someone he loved go down a path that only meant death and woe. I love TDK, and I loved Alfred's disbelief at Bruce's stubbornness.

>That bit where he just pulls out a gun on those spider robots and sneers "Sons of Bitches" under his breath

BEST ALFRED