Can the "Founding Fathers were Atheists" meme die already? Franklin and Jefferson were Deists...

can the "Founding Fathers were Atheists" meme die already? Franklin and Jefferson were Deists, the rest were Episcopalian or Presbyterian

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RY0Y7vQF13U
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Angry christfag?

Their private letters show otherwise.

Are you ok with revisionism?

>not a fedorafag, therefore must be a christfag

>Their private letters show otherwise.
No, they really don't

Are you angry that they still wished to provide a clear wall of separation between church and state?

youtube.com/watch?v=RY0Y7vQF13U (((HBO))) is

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion

separation of church and state ≠ Atheism

they were deist.

I know but you seem rustled, friend.

>let's rewrite history and say that the founders hated Christianity and Jefferson had a soft spot for Islam, what could go wrong?

As far as official government functions are concerned, it does. Government should have no involvement with religion.

If individuals are religious, that's their own private business, and they should be free to worship however they choose. But they should not be permitted to use government to impose their religion on others, which is what happens if government is anything other than strictly secular.

>Episcopalian or Presbyterian

Which ones?

Also,

>pic related..

>President John Adams, of course, signed the Treaty of Tripoli, his outreach to Muslims," Olbermann said. "Quote, 'The government of the United States of America is not in any sense founded on the Christian religion.' That was ratified by the United States Senate without debate unanimously in 1797

granted, that's why pic related shouldn't be in front of the white house

Wow Bill Maher is so funny and smart, I like how he always trashes every religion except Judaism. He really shows how the Founding Fathers had so much in common with Ashkenazi invaders who arrived in the 20th century. I'm sure men like Washington, Jefferson, and Adams would love the fact that Satan worshiping lizards in Hollywood and Wall street own the country they created.

The Founding Fathers were, by and large, Freemasons. The Freemasons had and still have a policy that Atheists are strictly forbidden from joining the organization.

thats ghastly

thats why they're deists

This

America was founded as a Free-Masonic Empire.
The freemasons explicitly state that you must believe in an almighty deity to join. Atheists are not welcome.

No rational person would claim they were atheist. However jefferson didnt believe religion should be allowed to influence law.

the founding fathers would be stormfags if they stuck around long enough to see what became of their country

I saw it in D.C. last year. The only Christmas tree I saw was at the airport

sorry, they put in the no religious test and establishment clause.

This is a secular nation.

Thomas Paine was quite openly a Deist and didn't support any particular religion.

Jefferson was a Deist who supported Christian morals (and explicitly rejected Islam).

Franklin advocated Deism early in life and rejected Christianity, but he appeared to come around to Christianity again later in life. Exactly which Church he could've belonged to at the end of his life is unclear, but he at minimum supported Christian morals.

To say someone is "Deist" without explaining the basis of their morals seems, to me, insufficient.

there's a difference between secularism and USSR tier atheism

Menorahs, Christmas trees, crosses, Ten Commandments statues, Buddha statues, many-armed Vishnus, Mosques, Shinto shrines, and Kwanzaa watermelons are all things that governments should not display or have anything to do with whatsoever.

For what they were, they drew up a constitution that was universally applicable, that works without a god. That's good. I could care less what they believed in, so long as they believed in the people they represented. Seperate god from a good government and it'll still work fairly well.

Moses is in the house chamber. My state capitol has the ten commandments outside of it

It is interesting to see the difference between the failed Masonic revolution in France, and the immensely successful revolution in America. Undoubtedly.

>>Moses is in the house chamber.
He shouldn't be.

You left off the second part of the statement
>or prohibiting the free exercise thereof
That government does not compel people into a certain religion is not the same as advocating Atheism. It is an extension of equality under the law that all religion is to be treated equally, in this case by not being treated at all. Exactly how this is explained is important as it differentiates between advocacy and neutrality. The government is to remain legally neutral toward all religious beliefs or lack thereof.

what exactly do masons do anymore? One time someone came up to me and told me I should join and ask for the "blue book" at a bookstore

Who gives a shit about the founding fathers? If you're constantly looking backwards at what a bunch of primates did 250 years ago, then you're not looking forwards, are you?

fuck off, leaf. There is an America thread, you're not welcome

> or lack thereof.

not even mentioned in the 1st amendment.

The establishment clause means your beliefs belong in the pews not in official policy.

Not one part of our government has anything to do with the bible.

for anyone still interested in this thread. New question. What do you think of Obama's Islam fetish? He spoke at a mosque a few months ago, no president has ever done that before

This is exactly what I just said.

Haha, he said Teabaggers

Do you get it, cause Tea party and tea bags?

I'm glad the tea party is out of the way now. They were too easy of a target. Trump isn't because he never apologizes and he's about to win

If Obama was a Muslim I really would not have that much of a problem with him. Real Muslims simply want to force you into Islam, and if you resist they will persecute you and kill you. But Obama is a Communist, and in Communism simply killing a man is not enough. In Communism they seek to destroy your soul and then kill you. The only religion Obama recognizes is the religion of sodomy, his god is Dildolech. I'm surprised he hasn't replaced the American flag with the rainbow flag and implemented state enforced homosexuality.

>>>or prohibiting the free exercise thereof
Which is the other side of the same coin. The government may not promote any religion over another, or promote religion over irreligion, and the other side of that is that is has no right to tell people what they may or may not believe or how they may worship if they do.

What this means is that government should operate as though there is no God or religion, since it may have no involvement with the issue.

They aren't using government to impose that on people, though. Proximity to government buildings does not equate to government support.

>implying that hasn't already happened

but doesn't the stigmatization of Christian symbols during Christmas bother you while the menorah gets to go up no questions asked?

At least the tea party got some shit done, my gramps protested in Washington a couple years back, it was pretty funny he had a sign that said something like: "stop spending my future"

He's in his 70's.

I think they do volunteer work around the community, basically just like any other organization of people that wants to do good, I'm sure they have BBQ's and that type of stuff.

that's a far cry from ruling the world, or whatever it is Alex Jones thinks the masons are really up to

>The future will not belong to those who slander the Prophet of Islam

Probably paraphrasing, but he basically said that. Absolutely disgusting.

>What this means is that government should operate as though there is no God or religion
It means government should operate without passing laws respecting any particular religion(s) or prohibiting the free exercise thereof. This is quite different from operating as though God does not exist.

To highlight the difference, members of Congress are free to speak of their religious beliefs and read from the Bible during official government proceedings, such as an argument for their position or a filibuster. For government to operate as though God does not exist ("there is no God") would require government censure such behavior as contrary to how they are to operate.

Yes I know. Fuck all the shitty white people who voted for this piece of shit. I understand why blacks and the children of illegal immigrants voted for him, but fuck these brain dead white people, not just once but twice.

>but fuck these brain dead white people, not just once but twice

many of them aren't white guilt dipshits either, just apathetic working class whites. Hopefully, the tide will turn this year

Deist = Subtle way to be an atheist but get christfags off of your sac

He's right you know

>For government to operate as though God does not exist ("there is no God") would require government censure such behavior as contrary to how they are to operate

exactly. I don't understand why people keep thinking that separation of church and state is the same thing as state enforced atheism

It's not hard to join, I think all you need to do is be 21, believe in a deity and show up. The world would probably be better off if they were pulling the strings.

The "Founding Fathers were Atheists" meme is propaganda from (((intellectuals))) shilling for (((secularism))).

FYI John Adams was Unitarian, which is somewhat heretical.

They also have people come in to pray during opening sessions of Congress if I remember correctly, most of the time it's Christians, but every now and then they sneak in a Muslim or some other bimbo religion.

so they're just K of C for non-Catholics?

even the RNC had an imam speak. He got booed, though

They do magic alchemical rituals. At least some of them do. Look at the titles for the different degrees, it's all wizard stuff like "Grand Inquisitor of the Temple of Solomon"

Yeah, that's basically what I would compare them too, they have websites I think.

Yeah you right. I guess I'm being to harsh on them, it makes sense that they wanted the exact opposite of George Bush and they didn't realize that it's all the same shit. We will see how Trump works out, it is honestly hard for me to believe that an actual political outsider can even enter the presidential race at this point, but I think he was able to get through the gate with his wealth.

Kek, who thought that would be a good idea?

Pic related is what real Muslims think about our "moderate" apostate Muslims.

>he was able to get through the gate with his wealth

that and his celebrity. He's too big to ignore

his father certainly isn't a moderate

no he's using his sons death to push his agenda, it's absolutely disgusting.

the ones in the middle east who sign up their sons for suicide bombings also get a huge paycheck after the work is done. Sick freaks

Yeah, I hear about families getting a paycheck after it's done.

SHUT THIS DOWN!

Oy VEY!

GOY, please listen.

There is no God.

There is no hell.

Nothing to worry about.

Ignore these posts!

Continue to praise Satan... I mean praise nothing.

they get paid a lot too. So much for "family values" if you can put a price on your own child's life

checked, I guess you can put a price on 72 virgins.

good point