FUTURE OF DCEU

> Booster Gold is still in the works, treated more as a Deadpool February release film. No production date set.

>Lobo is currently up in the air, being eyed as a potential TV series set in the DCEU movie universe.

>Deathstroke no longer in the works. Ayer wanted to use him in Suicide Squad 2, will have an antagonist role.

>Metal Men being eyed as a start for animated DC movies. If Lego Batman is successful, Warner plans to push forward development and Warner Animation Group will create the movie.

> WB wants to make a few “in-universe” tv shows for the DCEU, multiple smaller teams and smaller characters being eyed. WB wants these shows to be “premium cable” type shows akin to Game Of Thrones

>Fables Movie adap cancelled. Currently being eyed as a television show, although worried it may draw comparison from Once Upon a Time. Up in the air if it will happen or not.

> Sandman movie currently being developed. Giving it as much time as it needs to develop. Could very well be cancelled. Joaquin Pheonix approached after Joseph Levitt left.

>Sam Raimi being courted to direct a DCEU movie.

>100 bullets still in development, although will not at all be marketed as a comic-related movie. Will have the Vertigo banner, but will be along the lines of Kingsman. Was envisioned as a “Sin City” type film, but is currently now a singular story. Will focus on one man’s story with the gun, and have appearances throughout by the Minutemen and the Trust.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cZ12ghCqO3o
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>The Question being developed for HBO as a smaller scale “gritty noir” show.

>Suicide Squad 2 production begins soon, Ayer started writing script in July, expected to shoot late-spring 2017. Will reportedly be dialed back from SS1, with less CGI, a more human threat, and no pop music at all. Slightly lower budget.

>George Miller attracted to making a Jack Kirby property movie, working on Mad Max sequel in-between potential DCEU movie.

>Man of Steel 2 is happening, Snyder not returning to direct.

>Snyder no longer wants to return to direct JL 2, has opted out. Plans to direct a smaller scale movie for next project.

>Shazam to be a one-off movie, unless it does extremely well.

>Cyborg currently up in the air. If he's a breakout character in JL, he will get a movie, if not, it'll be repurposed.

>Legion of Superheroes cancelled. Deemed “too early” to be developed.

>Darkseid could potentially be saved for JL 3, having more background development in other movies for New Gods and Apokolips.

>New Gods property being heavily eyed as a film.

>Green Lantern Corps will be an adaption of Sinestro Corps War. Will have Guy Gardener, John Stewart, and Hal Jordan as the only human lanterns. Red Lanterns won’t appear but will be teased.

>JSA were originally being worked on, expected to be teased in Wonder Woman with them being in WWI instead of WWII heroes. Idea was scrapped due to it not fitting the general plot of Wonder Woman. It was decided to relegate these characters to the CW shows.

>Scalped being worked on by WGN network. Was held up with Doug Jung working on Star Trek movie. Jung expected to showrun the series. Geoff Johns wrote the pilot.

>WB wants to keep a 3 year release schedule with solo movies for A-listers . Wants to keep diversity in
lineup and keep filmgoers interested without being fatigued.

>On DC Animated movies, plans are to increase production to 4 movies per year. Doing “event” animated movies with a limited theater release ala Killing Joke, will probably happen yearly.

>Old scripts being revitalized as animated movies might still happen. Batman Beyond script by Boaz Yakin has been floating around.

>Sandman movie currently being developed
WB should wait to see how American Gods is received. If it's a hit, they could adapt it as a rival/companion show.

i see maybe half of what's being posted to be on the big/small screen.
esp if ww and jl don't perform like dc hopes they do.

>>On DC Animated movies, plans are to increase production to 4 movies per year. Doing “event” animated movies with a limited theater release ala Killing Joke, will probably happen yearly.

Is there a possibility that one of these are Kingdom Come or Red Son? It has to be popular storylines.

>spouting BS about a Question HBO show that everyone wants to happen rather than even mentioning the actually confirmed for development Watchmen HBO show
lies as usual, fuck off with your fanfics OP

I can see MOS2, JL2 and SS2 happening. The rest is all pipe dreams.

Why must you continually spam the various boards with lies?

>Scalped being worked on by WGN network.
>Geoff Johns wrote the pilot.
HAHAHAHAHHAAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Fables is way better than the shitty tv knockoffs, but I don't mind if it never gets a movie. Also I don't see in universe tv shows working out

Great! Another of these threads.
So user, will Prime be the true hero of rebirth?

>It's a "fake leak" thread.

oh I see you have nothing for "Dark Universe" is that because it's still dead?

This is 90% bullshit and the other 10% is subject to change considering WB just delivered their third consecutive laughing stock. Not mention JL is their next release and the chances of it not being the exact same problem are slim to none.

Well we will see next week when they release their "phase 2" movies lineup.

Why do you say that? What's up next week?

What 3rd laughing stock? Are you talking about SS Squad? The movie that made an even percentage of its budget back than Civil War?

I swear you drones just speak without knowing a damn thing about everything.

Even larger percentage*

A day long youtube stream
2 weeks ago some guy leaked here the plans for DCEU and said that would be news in the first week of Set

Yes you can point to ticket sales but critics DESTROYED the movie and the general public was disappointed. They saw it but that was based on the effective marketing campaign which the movie didn't even come close to living up to. That is not a sustainable model.

It made a larger percentage of its budget back then Civil War because CW had to pay it's massive cast of megastar actors which is an investment in future films. Spider-Man, Black Panther, Avengers 3, etc. are all sold to the public now. That is a sustainable model.

The general public on the whole is hype for what Marvel is serving them next but I can't imagine anything but apathy towards a Suicide Squad sequel.

>the general public as a whole is hyped for Marvel sequels

Who? No seriously. I haven't heard a single person that sees those movies in theaters anymore and its shown by ticket sales. Its called fatigue. No one is "hyped" for Marvel anymore. Just look at how little their movies get discussed or even talked about. Hell most people see them once and never again.

>it's shown in ticket sales
>Civil War made 1 billion

Sure pal, keep shilling

>its shown by ticket sales
didn't Civil War make a billion dollars?

In my everyday non-internet life most people who have talked about Suicide Squad talked about it being disappointing (especially Leto's role being cut) and the Dr. Strange trailer I saw at the movies two weeks ago got a HUGE pop and the advertising blitz hasn't even started for it or any future Marvel movies yet.

Also I find it really hard to believe that the GotG2 hype isn't going to be NUCLEAR when that teaser drops.

It made less than 3% back of its budget. I don't really have to argue my point anymore. These movies just replaced summer blockbusters. Sure people go, but its only once and they never see it again or buy it.

wasn't the budget 250 million?

Well you must hang out with some retarded ass people if anyone you know thought Doctor Inception Begins looked good.

Are you in high school? Middle school?

Welp you're obviously not even trying anymore

No, are you? You are the one acting like Disney movies are anything other than summer blockbusters. Have you not seem Inception, Begins, or Interstellar? Doctor Strange literally looks like some handicapped person took those 3 movies and tried to edit them together.

>Metal Men being eyed as a start for animated DC movies. If Lego Batman is successful, Warner plans to push forward development and Warner Animation Group will create the movie.
Y

Booster Gold is sure as hell not getting a movie before Harley Quinn
That's for sure

yeah most of this is BS
JLD is not mentioned although that movie is probably going to take a while to come out anyway.

WB has JL and suicide squad right now
I don't expect them to throw out a bunch of no name characters that would need star power to pop

Im tired of superhero movies...

I mean I guess im still ok with more nontraditional comic stuff like Sandman, or even Shazam, since I can see that being a really nice lighthearted thing, but Im just tired of yearly superhero comicbook movies. I miss traditional, "original" action movies...

None of this stuff will happen. They couldn't even handle Suicide Squad, let alone characters like Booster Gold and Lobo. I wish them luck getting Justice League out of misery.

God, I hate the current DCEU. I've never seen so much wasted potential.

>Snyder not returning to direct.
Best news.

>Guy Gardener
Yes yes yes yes yes

Likeliest future:

1. Justice League features heavy studio meddling to lighten the tone, inject humor, etc. Watchable movie but a very safe and derivative one, suffers from lack of singular vision but isn't as fucked as Suicide Squad because changes were from the start instead of in editing

2. Zack Snyder "promoted" to less creative "executive" or "overseer" role

3. Universe continues pushing forward in soft reboot after JL, cast retained but elements from past films mostly ignored. Popular characters like Harley and the JL members that land well get solo films

4. New slew of films announced masterminded by new universe runner, someone safe with a proven record like the Jurassic World guy or even a former Marvel director.

> Sandman movie
Please be Dodds, please be Dodds, please be Dodds...

HOw can a movie they literally just this week announced a director for be dead?

>It made a larger percentage of its budget back then Civil War because CW had to pay it's massive cast of megastar actors
>megastar actors
Is that plural for RDJ?

You know it ain't.

I'm pretty sure the Sandman that JGL was working on was said to be based on Gaiman's Sandman. So it would be Morpheus.

absolutely no source or evidence of this

you are "el faggot"

>MOS 2
>No Snyder

That's all I wanted from this.

just fuckin do somethin like Batman and The Outsiders fuck we already have Katana fuck

fuck just make a decent fuckn film fuck

All of this will lead to the fall of cape movies. WB should stop oversaturating our media with their garbage and leave it to the pros ie: Disney.

>Metal Men being eyed as a start for animated DC movies.
Don't you toy with my emotions like this, OP. I've been saying we need a family-friendly CGI adventure movie in Duncan Rouleau's style for years.

>tips mouse ears

Wonder Woman is before Justice League

>third consecutive laughing stock

uh, what?

but there has only been one good Marvel movie.

Tired of these threads

>George Miller attracted to making a Jack Kirby property movie, working on Mad Max sequel in-between potential DCEU movie.
OH FUCK THE LEAK WAS TRUE

GEORGE MILLER IS DOING NEW GODS.

OH FUCK OH FUCK OH FUCK OH FUCK

That's the same leak, don't bring your hopes up

>a leak confirms another leak

>Cyborg currently up in the air. If he's a breakout character in JL, he will get a movie, if not, it'll be repurposed.

Damn it. I would totally love to see a Cyborg movie with Deathstroke as the antangonist.

>> Nolanite detected
Maybe, considering that Doctor Strange (the comics) came first, Marvel can sue your husbando.

>THE STATE OF JASON AARON
C U C K E D
U
C
K
E
D

>The Question being developed for HBO as a smaller scale “gritty noir” show.

Don't fuck with me, Warner Brothers.

>source

So much of this sounds too good to be true.

>Booster Gold
not holding my breath

>Deathstroke as SS2 big bad
Could work, I just wish they'd copy the Assault on Arkham plot and be done with it

>Metal Men show
Lego Batman is probably going to do well so I hope this is true

>Fables
Not sure if this can be done anymore, normies will constantly compare it to Once upon a time

>Sandman
It's getting canned, WB isn't remotely in a decision to take risks right now

>Ayer coming back to SS2
As long as WB doesn't fuck with it again at the eleventh hour, it might do alright

>MoS 2 with no Snyder
Thank fucking god, now get a decent director who actually understands the character to do it and we're golden

>No Snyder on JL 2
Get Affleck or George Miller to direct (latter will never happen, but I can hope)

>Darkseid being shelved for JL 3
Makes sense, but who's going to be the big bad for JL 2?

>JSA not being hamfisted into WW
Good sign for WW, at least

>Miller possibly doing New Gods
Oh sweet baby jesus please be true

I'm kind of surprised they haven't done Red Son sooner. Kingdom Come would be tricky, considering Ross' artwork.

Gotham by Gaslight could work too

>Slightly lower budget.
It was plausable up to here.
It might end up costing less but there not going to give it a lower maximum then the first one no way in fucking hell.
>Cyborg currently up in the air
This has me a little skeptical warner bros does not care much about the sjw stuff but people would react badly if the black guy was the only one not to get a film. But its maybe a little plausable unlike the budget stuff.

With all the dubious claims op has made the watchmen show (which is really what we should have had from the start instead of a film) is somehow the hardest thing in this thread to belive.
Im gonna need a source

People only see most movies once

>250 million USD budget
Holy shit and i thought my supergirl sun maths was bad.

Maybe we will see traditional non superhero action comics make a revival so we can have capes alongside cops and soldiers.

>wasted potential.
The worst part is unlike mos and bvs suicide squad could be mostly saved by a directors cut (although unlike most directors cuts it would be more then just aditional scenes) but we are probably not going to get one.

>Just look at how little their movies get discussed or even talked about
>The average normal being doesn't spend every second of his life discussing kids shows
>DC autist believe marvel is losing

>WB isn't remotely in a decision to take risks right now
Yep
After they made the first 2 films to dark and fucked around with the tone of the next one that auctualy should have been dark they are going to need a few more traditional films to ease people back into variety

Why the fuck are there people out there dumb enough to actually believe this? Do these people even read comic books?

I mean, holy shit. Almost every Marvel movie these days breaks box office records, and on top of that, people buy the DVDs/Blu-Rays and rewatch these movies all the damn time. Like how fucking out of touch can you be?

>It's getting canned, WB isn't remotely in a decision to take risks right now
>isn't remotely in a decision

>people buy the DVDs/Blu-Rays and rewatch these movies all the damn time.

lol, no.

The fuck makes you think any Marvel movie is worth rewatching even one, outside the first Captain America?

They are literally disposable.

To be fair, you know what he means and he's right. They're really not in any position to take risks, risks which by the way, have led to failures. I mean, when you think about it, it's just so confusing. WHY the hell would they go in such a dark tone right off the bat?

fuck, meant to type position

it's 4:30 am here, cut me some slack

This is a troll post.

Regardless, I know for a fact that you're full of shit anyway, since literally just about anyone I know into geeky shit fucking loves the MCU, has seen all the biggest MCU movies in theaters at least, probably owns multiple of them as Blu-Rays, and has seen at least some of them multiple times. You'd have to be kidding yourself to not see the juggernaut that is the MCU.

And the first CA wasn't even that good. I liked it, but it wasn't anything more than a 7/10 movie. It was alright.

>WHY the hell would they go in such a dark tone right off the bat?

Because not all movies have to be inoffensive quipfests for literal babies?

>since literally just about anyone I know into geeky shit

>And the first CA wasn't even that good.

nigger it was the best movie Marvel ever made. Hands down.

>Because not all movies have to be inoffensive quipfests for literal babies?
Neither do they all have to be grimdark gritty bullshit 'mature' comic book stories for mature fans such as myself.

Alright, that did sound kind of like reddit. But it's also basically true. The ONLY people I know who don't like the MCU to at least some degree are people who just don't like superheroes period. But otherwise, most people I run into like at least a couple of MCU movies.

>Neither do they all have to be grimdark gritty bullshit 'mature' comic book stories for mature fans such as myself.

good thing there aren't any of those then?

I ain't reading the rest of your faggy post

>nigger it was the best movie Marvel ever made. Hands down.

>CA2 or 3, which were both better
>IM1
>The Avengers
>Ant-Man

>good thing there aren't any of those then?
MoS and BvS were both like that.

You don't know what grimdark even means

What a response.

Iron Man 1 was Daredevil tier bad. I will never understand why retards suck that movie's dick so hard.

Nothing fucking happens in it. It's like if you took Revenge of the Fallen and cut out all the Transformers, then tacked on ten minutes of an angry businessman at the end.

It was the perfect indicator of what was to come for the Iron Man series, though- a parade of mediocre to bad movies made for the inbred NASCAR audience.

What more can you possibly say to an illiterate?

You have to understand the metric guys like that use.
>Are there threads on it
That's it. That's all there is to it. If there's a bunch of daily dose threads that means people are talking about it. It doesn't matter if most of those people are saying the thing is dogshit, they're talking about it, and that means it's good.

The first films should set the general tone pepper the real dark stuff in later and eventualy you can have whatever tone you want in your films in whatever order.
It dident help that they fucked with the tone of ss so much but really they were in a corner after 2 dark films people would likely react poorly to something that should have been dark and it was sure as hell to late to delay the film until later.

You mean all 3 of moores cape films

Well watchmen is meant to be dark but he still fucked it up.

Fuck why did i sat moore i meant synder disregard my faggotry

>Green Lantern Corps will be an adaption of Sinestro Corps War. Will have Guy Gardener, John Stewart, and Hal Jordan as the only human lanterns. Red Lanterns won’t appear but will be teased.

Pretty certain Kyle will be in it.

The problem isn't with being dark and gritty or vice versa, the problem is doing those things without knowing why.

WB and Snyder don't understand why a dark movie might be interesting, they don't touch on those aspects in any capacity. DCEU films are bad grimdark films because they're structured similarly to marvel movies with a dark coat of paint on them, tonal inconsistency comes across to people even if they themselves don't understand it.

There's no greater evidence for this lack of understanding that the mess that is Suicide Squad, now there's a movie that actually has a plot and characters that make sense for a grimdark exploration piece but it's the most lighthearted out of the three because WB panicked and wanted to try and grab the GoTG/Deadpool/Comedic Action Superhero audience. Money wise this appears to be working but critically it's getting shit on for obvious reasons.

It's gonna be Kamandi except it's Mad Max right?

>Scalped being worked on by WGN network. Was held up with Doug Jung working on Star Trek movie. Jung expected to showrun the series. Geoff Johns wrote the pilot.
Ah this, this was in talks like way way way early like before the Flash became a popular TV Show

Either way you're a faggot OP.

>Joaquin Pheonix

If JLD didn't survive I doubt and hope 95% of these won't. Presuming OP isn't baiting.

youtube.com/watch?v=cZ12ghCqO3o