Everybody loves a hero. People line up for them, cheer them, scream their names. And years later...

>Everybody loves a hero. People line up for them, cheer them, scream their names. And years later, they'll tell how they stood in the rain for hours just to get a glimpse of the one who taught them how to hold on a second longer. I believe there's a hero in all of us, that keeps us honest, gives us strength, makes us noble, and finally allows us to die with pride, even though sometimes we have to be steady, and give up the thing we want the most. Even our dreams.

Name a better dramatic scene in a cape movie.

PROTIP: You can't.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/H_KcFFqLggY
youtube.com/watch?v=VRCM0jWEQjQ
youtube.com/watch?v=Da7GSy-6mJY
youtube.com/watch?v=Dh0210A-VZo
youtube.com/watch?v=N6K1qNsE9v0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

you know, i'm gonna miss old as fuck Aunt May. makes monologues like this more powerful

>muh hero cake!!

>Stop invincible son!

Why didn't they go the heart attack or vague medical reason, it's been the standby for decades.

this one rings more true

>Well, to each his own. I chose my path, you chose the way of the hero. And they found you amusing for a while, the people of this city. But the one thing they love more than a hero is to see a hero fail, fall, die trying. In spite of everything you've done for them, eventually they will hate you.

>Oh that reminds me of a long, boring story about your Uncle that will only make you feel guilty and make the wrong decisions in life.

>It doesn't mean I don't care anymore. I don't want to let you down, honest, but... but it just doesn't hurt so bad anymore. You can understand that, can't you? Look, I can give money to the city - they can hire more cops. Let someone else take the risk, but it's different now! Please! I need it to be different now. I know I made a promise, but I didn't see this coming... I didn't count on being happy. Please...tell me that it's okay.

Because it's to show that no matter the powers that Clark has he can't always save everyone and there's going to be moments he can't do a damn thing.

it's just staggeringly fucked, like they got he had to die and Supes couldn't save him to teach that lesson but did it the worse way possible

But this was literally a moment where he COULD use his powers to do something.

THAT IS THE WHOLE POINT OF A HEART ATTACK DEATH

Some things Superman can't punch to death

Ffffffffuck man... I'd forgotten that one.

because that would reinforce Superman not being able to save anybody in a believable way, instead of a contrived one.

completely not true

there are people who were regarded as heroes their entire lives and after theyre dead, people still regard them as heroes

I fucking love Raimi's Spider-man movies.
They really encapsulated a regular joe trying to do everything he can to do right by himself.

I meant everybody, but ironically anybody actually does fit with the movie.

>Because it's to show that no matter the powers that Clark has he can't always save everyone and there's going to be moments he can't do a damn thing.

You're saying that Superman could stop a heart attack/illness but couldn't move someone out of the way of a tornado?

SHE'S

TALKING

ABOUT JEEEEEEEESUSSSSSSSSS

No, she's talking about Peter.
She's always known that he was Spider-man.

It's not even that Jesusy.

One of the stupidest things I've ever seen

What is this from?

What's so wrong about this?

We don't know if Superman had enough powers to save his dad at that point, so Jonathan was affraid that his son was about to reveal his identity for nothing.

''B-but the dog-''

That's just nitpicking, dogs sometimes get scared and hide, its not so unrealistic to think that it might happen.

I subscribe to the theory she found out after Peter told her about Uncle Ben's death, when she was preparing to move out of the house and found Peter's old Spider-Man costume sketches from the first movie.

>... I didn't count on being happy.
Welp.

It doesn't matter what Jonathan did.
It makes sense for his version of his character.
He wanted to protect Clark over everything.
Even his own life. That's fine and good.

The problem was that Superman didn't try to help anyways.
Even if he failed, Clark should have accepted the risk of being exposed and tried to save his dad anyways.

Because that's Superman. He looks at the risks and if he sees that they're only to himself, he does it.

Even in MoS, Clark saves that bus even though he knows he risks exposing himself.
Why did he do that and not save his father?

Clark should have ran towards his father and try to save him. Whether he does is inconsequential. He should have tried.

Mask of the Phantasm brah. It was pretty great.

youtu.be/H_KcFFqLggY

>"People line up for them, cheer them, scream their names. And years later, they'll tell how they stood in the rain for hours just to get a glimpse of the one who taught them how to hold on a second longer."
>mfw I realized she was referring to seeing Hitler's rallies during her youth in Germany
Raimi was subtler than people give him credit for.

I wouldn't call it dramatic, but it's still a great scene nonetheless.

his delivery on the last line stuck with me all these years

I loved that scene because it showed the villain's influence on the hero. Peter tried so hard, but got no credit, and it showed how thin the line can be between hero an villain. That rooftop scene is still one of the best scenes between a superhero and a supervillain.

I was baffled when I saw it. So melodramatic it hurt.

Snyder honestly can't make anything feel genuine, no matter the actor. He's so obsessed with "memorable" shots that every scene he does feels like a false attempt at emotion.

>Fucking ovendodger
Jesus Raimi

>that scene where Aunt May slaps the shit out of a banker trying to pocket a loose shekel during the Doc Ock fight

Even ignoring the whole aspect of Pa not wanting to be saved by his invincible son, I remember thinking this scene was so retarded in a visual sense. Of all the fucking things he could die by, they made him peacefully drift away into a fucking tornado.

you realize RIGHT after he saved the kids from the bus, the parents started saying that their kids saw clark do it, which led Pa Kent to tell Clark NOT to expose himself in the future.

God damn you are dumb.

>Raimi will never make another superhero movie

You always do what your parents tell you?

Fufufufu, pathetic

>I know I made a promise, but I didn't see this coming... I didn't count on being happy.

Honestly I'd even be fine with the stupid "drift into the tornado" shit if he'd died for a fucking reason.

He dies saving a fucking dog. I mean jesus at least have him go back to save a kid or a family or something.

There could of been a scene where he tries to save pa kent using his normal human speed. That would let him see how helpless everyone around him is and how important it is he save people

>you now realize he fucked Babs because her red hair reminds him of Andrea Beaumont.

What if he saved him anyways?

Why cant we have this aunt may back? why do we have too have sexy aunt may when shes a character who dosnet conventionally need to be sexy or young shes supposed to be old.

I just want wise Aunt May back.
The ASM May was an annoying bitch who didn't offer anything but distraction.
The Raimi May was a wise old woman who (likely) saw through Peter's bullshit and told him what he needed to hear.

Age helps with that, but isn't necessary.
If the MCU May is like that, then I'm OK, but if she's just another pseudo-antagonist, then it's shti

The thing is, she's supposed to be Peter's aunt, which means for her to be old Peter will also reasonably have to be older as well.

Its ok to not make total sense, this is the problem with hero films today they take themselves too seriously.

I thought it was generally believed that Ben and May are actually Peter's great-uncle and great-aunt.

The tension of this scene gets me:
youtube.com/watch?v=VRCM0jWEQjQ

There was a really cool podcast on manofsteelanswers.com with a theory on what would have happened. I thought it was nearly spot on. Basically the government would take him and trick him into working for them, which makes sense. Pa Kent shouldn't have suppressed his powers though, or he may have been able to save him through use of his super speed.

MCU May's gonna be completely fucking worthless. The fact that the casting for her seemed more concerned with her appearance than her acting ability should say it all.

>this actually happened
>Sup Forums was right

Well congratulations, you got yourself a (you).
Now what's the next step in your master plan?

Marisa Tomei won an oscar, bro.

She's like a 40+ year old woman.
Her appearances matter shit all.

Everyone knows that once a woman passes 35, her looks are done

I DON'T FUCKING KNOW THESE PEOPLE

Because that's not edgy enough for Snyder.

Man, I bet Rosemary Harris sucks a mean dick.

>peacefully

They probably found pieces of him scattered around the town for weeks.

Zack pls. People aren't always talking about Jesus.

Who says he wasn't helpless at that point? We don't know how much powers he has at that point.

We are not sure that a flyng piece of wood won't kill him if it hits him in the head

I actually cried the first time I heard this scene.

>I don't like the Joker's voice here

Man, Siskel really was the worst of the two eh?

>fail, fall, die trying.
Love this delivery so much.

You think May knew he was Spider-Man?

It's certainly heavily implied.

Even if they aren't his great-aunt/uncle it's pretty common to have reasonably old or young aunts/uncles.

I liked to imagine she was talking about Captain America

>talking shit about Marisa Tomei

youtube.com/watch?v=Dh0210A-VZo

Then she ends up leaving him and that scene where he dons the cape and cowl for the very first time. CHILLS.

youtube.com/watch?v=N6K1qNsE9v0

WHICH IS EXACTLY WHY THEY USE THE FUCKING HEART ATTACK