Buddhist hate thread. Some of you do hate Buddhism and Buddhists don't you? Hit me with your criticisms...

Buddhist hate thread. Some of you do hate Buddhism and Buddhists don't you? Hit me with your criticisms, point out their hypocrisies.

Other urls found in this thread:

pressall.wordpress.com/2016/03/05/pope-francis-says-arab-invasion-is-social-fact-and-a-good-thing/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

if the material world is so bad why dont they just kill themselves

If harming other living beings is bad, why they kill muslims?

why do you even care about buddhists? Are you a shitskin muslim by any chance?

>muslims
>living beings worthy of respect

pick one

Easy Ahmed

Have a problem? Give up! This line of thinking isn't very popular with people who are trying to preserve a way of life against race mixing and inferior cultural values from the east and global south.

>Met buddhists in Nepal
>Entered their art studio. Visited by monks and the Dalai Lama.
>They painted thangkas using gold and silver powder
>Asked them why
>Said because it's pretty and valuable, its a painting made with precious metals, and it sells good.
>I told them: but buddhism is supposed not to be fond of money or the material world.
>I was kicked out the place

There is a reason to hate them?
Havent seen one in my whole life

They beleive in reincarnation. The only way to escape the wheel of suffering/life according to buddhists is total enlightenment. Total enlightenment according to buddhist is complete non-attachment and indifference to anything except the suffering of others.

I dont give a fuck about Sup Forums edgyness.

Buddhists are based as fuck and i give them my utmost respect.

you mean like the guy who set hinself on fire in protest? fuck you thats hardcore.

Budist hate Muslim's,
They are bro tier to me Jamal ahmed.

>telling other people on how they're supposed to live their life.
you sound awfully alot like a muslim

>let me cherrypick one episode of buddhist retaliation
>OMG buddhists are the evil one HERP DERP.
mudshit spotted.

Proof?

>look at idols of the buddha
>peaceful, happy, smiling, meditating
>religion is anti-materialistic and anti-suffering

How can you hate this religion again? Its literally the 'chill bro, just chill' religion. No hateful ideology. No convert or die.

as the child of a buddhist was more concerned with sitting perfectly still for hours on end rather than make sure her kids' needs are being met, fuck buddhism. It's literally a cuck religion.

I just questioned their behavior based on their beliefs.

Despite the fact that buddhism is self-indulgent, I've never met one* who wasn't a very decent person.

I'm talking about real buddhists from asia, not bullshit north-american ones.

I'm not a Buddhist but I believe the answer to why they sell things and make money is that there's a difference between a connection with something and a desire for something

You can be concerned with materialistic things and with money as long as you don't let it consume you, or let your desire for it make you want more than you need to get by

Like a photo? i don't have them in this laptop. I visited the Boudhanath and this studio was close to it.

Sounds reasonable. But being kicked out after questioning. I felt in that moment they were hypocrites. But there are hypocrites in every religion I suppose.

I don't hate buddhism btw, i wanted to share what i saw.

It's true that there is some disconnect there isn't it? When a high llama dies his body is preserved then essentially dismantled and made into charms and relics to be sold for money to other Buddhists.

All I'd say is, a monks gotta eat.

Why are North Americans not allowed to be Buddhist?

Buddhism is the most intolerant and violent religion. No group of people have killed more christian missionaries than Buddhists. And to this day the countries most intolerant to other religions like Buthan and Myanmar are buddhist. Even ISIS and Saudi Arabia are more tolerant to other religions than buddhists.

It's like north american christianity -- a corrupted and fucked up version of the original thing.

Not sucking your son's cock on demand isn't a specifically Buddhist mother's failing.

Why are we chileans always making this kind of questions when we travel abroad?, i almost started a fight with some arabs on Jerusalem with a similar question about selling things near sacred places

So North Americans can't be Christians either?

>the countries most intolerant to other religions like Buthan and Myanmar are buddhist
And they remove kebab at admirable rates!

Why hating Buddhists? They arm nobody.
But their are also stuck in a time bubble.
No reason to advance, who care, your fate is to reborn.
Buddhism, and hindoo, are not an appealing way of life for me.

They aren't following their own advice of killing the proverbial buddha enough, otherwise they're fine with me.

>Buddhism, and hindoo, are not an appealing way of life for me.
As Tennyson said, "Better fifty years of Europe than a cycle of Cathay."

For those of you who respect Buddhism, do you think they are "right"? Do you think their philosophy is proper, and will achieve their stated goals of enlightenment?

No, they are not right, they are living a life who can be lived way better if they could have ambitions and desires.
Buddhist are literally cutting their own balls off.

Why would ambitions and desires make their life better?

I don't think Westerners can understand Buddhism, and most Western Buddhists are leftist degenerates.

I know this may sound weird, but the ethos of the West and even Persia are founded on the belief of an essential difference between good and evil, between truth and falsehood. When you abandon this essentialism, you will go through existential hell, and in some sense, a Westerner should never abandon the conception of a clear distinction between what is good and bad.

The Buddhist, especially Mahayana, argues good and evil are empty of inherent existence. They blur, for they lack intrinsic properties or definable core (i.e., Shunyata). In some sense, in the Buddhist picture (or lack thereof), there is a quasi-border between good and evil.

However, this is pretty much MORAL NIHILISM. How does traditional Buddhism go around this then? With a strong belief in rebirth after cessation of bodily functions and how practice works to purify the "storehouse consciousness" in order to achieve parinirvana at death's door. Hence, Buddhists still abide to the principle of "Ahimsa" (that is, a negative consequentialism) for the goal of ending rebirth. It is important to note, rebirth within their conceptions is always occurring, every moment everything is arising and perishing, yet the storehouse consciousness creates the illusion of a persistent, enduring self, when in fact it is more nominalistic.

Westerners do not realize how important the belief in rebirth after dying is. They abandon it because they want to naturalize all of their beliefs, and make it conform to materialist conceptions. If you abandon this conception, you are pretty much left with degeneracy, hence why a lot of shit Western Buddhists dabble in Stirner, Marquis de Sade, Deleuze, Derrida, and other shit leftist thinkers.

Therefore, I say remain Christians and leave Buddhism alone unless you avoid abandoning the belief in rebirth after death. Abandoning it typically leads to Deleuzian degeneracy.

The nice thing about their version of spirituality is that it contains practical advice that can be put into good use (learning to consciously experience one's own thoughts and emotions without being lost inside them and basing one's whole identity on them) without buying into the whole package of beliefs in reincarnation etc. It would be nice if it got more attention from western science to extract all the useful parts.

stop shilling your gay book
multiculturism is the height of niggerdom
you fucking kike
your owl god is dead

>all Buddhists believe in reincarnation
>having such a basic understanding of reincarnation in (some) Buddhist schools of thought
In Buddhism an individual's goal in life is always self-perfection, awareness and the betterment of the world around you.

No real problem with them, they tend to be rather peaceful and dont fuck with anything i love.

I don't think the rebirth aspect is as central as you think. I'll agree that the idea is deep in the cultures of the east but it has always struck me as largely irrelevant to the doctrine itself. The Zen Buddhists have a koan about this.
> a monk asks his teacher what happens after death
>his teacher replies "I don't know, for I am not dead"

Rebirth is different from Reincarnation.

In rebirth: "The consciousness in the new person is neither identical nor entirely different from that in the deceased but the two form a causal continuum or stream."

I think they are. On the whole their philosophy is very solid and makes a lot of sense. As long as you don't get hung up on the very specific religious parts of different sects it's a brilliant way to live your life. Besides positive effects of meditation on the brain have been proven time and time again.

its satanic

Would you consider yourself a Buddhist?

I was a Soto Zen Buddhist, and I think most Westerners who argue the rebirth aspect is not as central are degenerates and simple-minded. The entire normative ethics of Buddhism is in tandem to ending rebirth, into parinirnavana, after the cessation of bodily functions.

The whole normative ethical principle of Ahimsa is related to this. Abandon normative ethics, and you're left with moral nihilism.

Also, practically all Zen Buddhists but the Japanese believe in rebirth. The Japanese distorted Zen for war purposes in WWII. They would use Zazen to make more efficient killers and it became more nationalistic. Also, I believe in Meiji era monks could get married and have kids, making Zen "Buji" and more about a familial tradition rather than sincere path of gnosis.

If you want to learn what Zen/Ch'an is about, read the Lankavatara Sutra, which is Bodhidharma handed his first disciple. Platform Sutra is good too.

They are part of you.
Live a full life, using all of your emotions, just don't let them to take control over yourself.
Ambitions and desires had lead great men to do great things, cut them off and you can only be an ordinary man.
Well, just my 2 cents.

No. Although I do enjoy reading a lot of Buddhist texts and find a lot of its philosophy very agreeable and interesting.

Don't certain sects of Buddhism not follow the Western mentality regarding reincarnation. That they do not believe in a soul, that you are not literally reborn as something else since there is no "you", and rather everything "is", and rebirth is tied to karma. So since everything is "you" and "you" are everything you aren't separated from the universe, you are it as much as everything else is, and this line of thinking leads to ego death among many other things. And with the notion of karma added into it all, about lessening suffering universally not just to people and yourself, so by getting rid of the ego and dampening misery to your full ability you escape reincarnation since your negative influences don't carry over to other living things, if you don't achieve nirvana you will continue to be 'reborn' in the sense everything else is as the game of life continues to play out.

Also I like it a lot because it considers the question of whether a creator exists irrelevant. It teaches you to live in the present moment and to be mindful and that basically becoming the best version of yourself is much more important than pondering or debating about God.

>hating on buddhism
how retarded can you get?

pressall.wordpress.com/2016/03/05/pope-francis-says-arab-invasion-is-social-fact-and-a-good-thing/

Only barbaric mudslimes would hate on based buddhism

Buddhists are red pilled.

Yes, Buddhism is pretty much right about everything. We are causally determined biological entities that exist in a perpetual state of change and transformation, and thus without any absolute essence. Our ego, our small self, is conditioned completely by our physiology and so is arbitrary and without any actual reality we can truly call our "Self". The only reason we believe this small self to constitute our true identities is because of our blind identification with its drives.

Buddhist praxis is a long and laborious process of "de-identification" or detachment from this self, a false self that is rooted in an impersonal, irrational forces that are outside us and nothing we want to do with, because they are the very same forces that keep us in bondage to Becoming

Some don't believe in reincarnation at all.
Some believe that we're all part of a connected whole and thus your energy gets passed on in the Universe. (think energy cannot be created or destroyed kind of thing)

Well, Mahayana tends to be more nondualist, but it tends to agree with Theravada on the fundamentals. There are minor differences in regards to ideal relating to Bodhisattvas (who put off enlightenment until everyone achieves it) and Arhats (who Mahayana consider selfish for becoming enlightened and dropping attachment to worldly existence).

The Dharmakaya, Buddha nature, or "One Vehicle to enlightenment" (Ekayāna) does have an immanent aspect to it, but it ties into the concept of "storehouse consciousness", which is considered fundamentally pure and identical to Buddha nature (Tathagatagharba) or suchness. However, even if it is already one and the same with the enlightened Mind, it does have some involvement in perpetuating rebirth after death, unless one maintain non-attachment to it or can disentangle from the sensory impressions that it continually holds.

The paraconsistent logic of Buddhism makes it tricky to talk about.

My impression is that Buddhists are supposed to be ascetic.
But most seem to be hippies.

who are you quoting?

Buddhism in general is a redpill.
The only problem with it is Westerners who eat granola joining it.

I can get hating those people, but hating Buddhism itself it a cuck confirmation.

No, that is not true. Buddhists practice what is called 'the middle way, in other words moderation in all things. No asceticism but no gluttony either.

most? how did you reach this conclusion

maybe if the only 'buddhists' you talk to are 30 something white people with dreadlocks who are vegans and do yoga

Ascesis, as in, extreme self-discipline for the purpose of some spiritual goal

>Some don't believe in reincarnation at all.
It's not called reincarnation. No Buddhist believes in reincarnation.

They believe in rebirth, which simply means there is no enduring self (i.e., each time-slice of a thing is entirely novel and all particulars lack universal property given the dynamic flux of nature). Both the compactness and enduring nature of objects are seen as delusions utilized for conventional purposes, hence the Absolute/Conventional distinction. However, there is a belief rebirth occurs because the delusion of an enduring self the mind creates has bija (potential energy, seed) that perpetuates the sense of continuity.

There would absolutely be no purpose to practice if rebirth after death didn't exist. Buddhists practice to end rebirth into parinirvana wherein no delusion of enduring self or compactness exists no longer.

middle way aint extreme, ya dimwit.

It depends on what sect in Mahayana, Theravada, or Vajrayana you are focusing on.

It is not as extreme as Jainism, but it is still extreme in most sects. Solitary contemplation in natural scenery is valued more than communal sense of belonging (Sangha).

I meant rebirth. And most Japanese Buddhists don't focus on that much

>And to this day the countries most intolerant to other religions like Buthan and Myanmar are buddhist

Muslim spotted. Did you know Buthan and Myanmar were majority Buddhist, and Muslims tried to convert Buddhist and killed those who refused to be convertered?

okay, and?

By the way I did not mean to imply a "storehouse consciousness", rather the ego death leading one to realize nothing is superior or inferior, that this sort of arbitrary line of thinking is pointless. Everything just "is", it's the universe as we see it, as it functions, as life goes on. Everything matters exactly the same amount, either fully or none at all, but the point is that it's all the same.

What I was trying to get at with reincarnation, from what I know anyway, is that it's not literal. Not literal since it's not anything to do with "you", reincarnation is life and will go on as long as life exists. And regarding escaping reincarnation it is about becoming enlightened about this then lessening the overall karma. If you pursue this path under enlightenment and not drive by the ego you don't 'add' to the circle of life nor take away, you simply exist and are passing through it in a passing moment in time and space. Other actions previous to you caused your 'rebirth' (birth), and you were shaped by the karma of the universe from the start. So to escape rebirth you 'beat' karma in a sense.

>Ascesis (n.): the practice of severe self-discipline, typically for religious reasons.

>Wherefore, Ananda, train yourselves in this way: withdrawn, zealous, ardent, self-resolute, from higher to higher, from strength to strength, we will strive, and will come to realized unsurpassed freedom. Truly, Ananda, this is how you must train yourselves.

git gud pleb

basically, yeah. it's " chill and take care of each other"

Ascetic- a person who dedicates his or her life to a pursuit of contemplative ideals and practices extreme self-denial or self-mortification for religious reasons.

I dont hate them, but I hate libcucks that think they're buddhists because they share "buddhist" quotes on facebook

Ascetic can either refer to the mortification or overcoming of the will.

Fucking full of shit. No temple allows any forms of electronics in or around it. Kill yourself

by mere definition, something labeled "the middle way" isn't extreme. That's like calling someone an extreme centrist. It's an oxymoron.

What are some good sources to start on?

i've never met a single buddhist who wasn't an annoying white person arbitrarily adhering to an asian religion because they think it's exotic and enlightened

I explained why they don't here:
What you are saying is basically Advaita or Neo-Advaita, which a lot of people confuse for Buddhism. They are kind of different.

> that it's all the same.
It's all different. Buddhism is more like Heraclitus' philosophy rather than a strict monism. Even the nondualist sects are still nominalistic in regards to how process is fundamental, rather than an underlying essence. How can things be the same in Buddhism, when things are defined by their lack of an underlying essence, ala emptiness?

>What I was trying to get at with reincarnation, from what I know anyway, is that it's not literal.
Yeah, rebirth is literal. I explained already. Do I have to go and reference the Pali canon, Mahayana sutras, and so forth?

I guess so. But in most translated texts it refers to asceticism as the ancient practice of Indian yogis starving themselves.

how does one ''''hate'''' buddha

thats because you have never met a single buddhist

Like a boss.

just because it avoids the pitfalls of either extreme does not mean the middle way in and of itself isn't supposed to be hard work

>Advaita
>(from wiki) Followers seek liberation/release by acquiring vidyā
Really makes you think.

Ok user good to know. But where was this absolutely based man from you think?

"le no material possessions"

you guys realize that having no attachment to material possessions is not the same as refusing to have any?

Bhuddist buys watch. Christian buys watch. Watch is 100 dollars. Watch breaks.

Bhuddist: "oh well"
Christian: "REEEE I PAID A HUNDRED BUCKS FOR THAT FUCKING WATCH IM ANGRY AND DEPRESSED NOW OMG"

im a buddhist and i dont believe in reincarnation

>Do I have to go and reference the Pali canon, Mahayana sutras, and so forth?

Nah, I'm just going to stick with my view. For it to be literal it would go against letting go of the ego. Even if you experience ego death the simple notion of reincarnation is tied to the ego, it implies the ego by the nature of reincarnation relating to your own experience, your life, and as a result you can argue if anyone can truly escape the ego.

I'm just being nitpicky. Point is, people have this idea of Buddhist practice as just chill and happy-go-lucky when it was actually supposed to be considered grueling, since after all you are conquering yourself

No, it doesn't. "You" don't get reincarnated, the same force/process that arose in "you" will re-absorb you and continue to give rise to other "I"s

>why dont they just kill themselves
>what is reincarnation

sometimes religious people just dont want to argue. they had no way knowing you were asking a question of being an edgy faggot. I know christians who constantly get fedora tipping nonsense from athiests. Often times the people going after them make no sense whatsoever. It'd be like someone coming up to you and being like "why are you traveling in a democratic country you piece of shit chilean didnt you know that chileans have had a dictatorship for awhile" and instead of explaining the truth you're like "man, get the fuck out of my fucking house" thats what happened

>They beleive in reincarnation.
No they don't, they believe in rebirth.

you win this round

We will save you from the Muslim cancer. Fuck the progressive west.