Dilbert Thread

Thoughts on Dilbert?

Which came first? Ranch, or cool ranch?

Yes.

>What makes you qualified to be a reporter?
>I'm willing to to violate anyone's privacy for my personal gain and then claim with a straight face that the public has a right to know.

Isn't Scott Adams a Trump guy?

I think you should kill yourself, Dilbert

He's mostly just using Trump's success to spread information about this book/ persuasion themed stuff. He called Trump's nomination early in the primary because he saw him as the best persuader.

Literally me

Nah

Football?

Stopped being funny about 20 years ago.

Hey, I want you to check out this site. Go to www.nfl.com
And just check it out

i really liked the animated series he had in 90's, does it had a dvd release?

Pretty good; Solid humor without any self-insert nonsense

I thought the whole thing was basically a self insert comic.
All of this stuff was supposedly based of his time working in an office and hating every last second of it.

yeah basically he sees that the entire race has become about clickbait more than actual politics

the show is timeless

It's great.

The show is also pretty good. Jason Alexander as Catbert cemented it for me. As did the weird alien robot mpreg finale

Welcome to the watering hole. Come to wet your whistle?

Fun comic and fun cartoon. Had trouble understanding its sense of humor when I was younger, but getting a job and dealing with co-workers/bosses/customers made the comic very relatable.

>Dogbert is responsible for all the "leak" threads in /vp/

That son of a bitch.

Got boring years ago, and Scott's gone full retard.

I think you should dill yourself Killbert.

/thread

>Thoughts on Dilbert?
Thoughts

wwhy shrek is piss. why shrek is piss #italiano

I need you to wear this bolo tie. It's office policy.

Great TV series that died due to being on a tiny network.

Scott Adams is disappointingly nuts. All creators are a little crazy, but his level of unwarranted arrogance combined with creationism and weird political beliefs killed any fondness I had for the comic.

I understand why people still defend him, though. Reading newspaper comics was a fun part of life for a long time, and he could deliver a punchline.

Scott, buddy, it's time to stop talking.

I find the blog posts where he talks about human consciousness and the nature of reality pretty interesting. They've made me look at things from a point of view I had never previously considered, and I appreciate it.

Scott's funny. The arrogance is part of the act, like Bill Watterson's shut-in tendencies.

>Weird political beliefs
Dude's center left at his most extreme.

Trick question. Ranch in its original form wad created first, but carried with the title the company name, making it not JUST ranch.

Doritos was later able to reverse engineer the recipe to a successful enough degree to create cool ranch, the first stand alone that matches the question.

Other companies would later create dressings simply dubbed ranch.

>but his level of unwarranted arrogance combined with creationism and weird political beliefs

I don't think you really understand what he's doing with the blog posts. Neither does or He's pulling the same tricks he's talking about on the reading audience. If you read his blog when he started talking about Trump and persuasion, and followed what he's talking about closely (and set any political biases aside), you'd know what to look for.

If you're letting your political identity dominate, then you either blindly praise him way too much for "supporting" Trump or you're taking compulsive potshots at him on Twitter. Hey, I'll admit, maybe like five years ago I would've been there with all the other comics professionals like Cameron Stewart or whoever taking shots at Adams. But nowadays I have to stop and wonder if he's deliberately trying to mess with people before making a response.

Bill Waterson's actually had some sort of epiphany or breakthrough moment or some kinda shit though. He'll never go back to C&H as is his right, but if you told me even five years ago that he'd be doing guest comics and giving almost real interviews I'd say you were full of shit.

I was meh about it.

Then I started consulting for a company. Now I think I'm stuck in some strange dimension where I am a Dilbert comic strip as each day brings another punchline.

>IT is made up of self-riteous pricks who won't give you the time. Really close to starting a religious war in the company to convert the last of the Mac users to PC

>HR is a dangerous mix of stupid and powerful that makes getting anything done a living hell as people get added on/removed meaning we spend more time trying to figure out who is in charge than getting actual work done

>Quality Assurance can't find their butt with both hands. Yesterday in the next office over, I heard what could have been a comedy sketch
>>A:Hey do you have done?
>>B:I never got
>>A:I emailed it to you
>>B:Well I didn't get it. Everything I get is in this pile here. If it isn't in the pile, I don't have it.
>>A: But it was an email
>>B: It's not in the pile
>>Continue for about 10 minutes with 3 more people getting in before someone prints it out.

>Also I'm pretty sure the head of the department's the Pointy Haired boss in disguise.

How is this company not losing money?

I came here to wet something else motherfucker.

i,m going to kill myself on friday #wow #whoa

On the one hand, the creator is a whackjob looneytoon who believes in The Secret and thinks he cured his own cancer through positive thinking.

On the other, he has become an epic shitlord troll on social media, so more power to him.

>Today they called in another consultant to work with me in getting a protocol drafted.

>Waited all day doing nothing because all previous assignments were done

>By the end of my shift, turns out HR fucked up and booked his flight for next week

>I'm getting paid each day to sit in my office and do nothing all week

I thought only middle class dads liked Dilbert

>Liked it as a kid because "it was a cartoon and cartoons are fun" thought I had back then
>25 years old now
>Finishing majoring engineering
>Understand all of Dilbert now