I know what people think of Bendis but I want to read GotG and was wondering if this was worth it at all

I know what people think of Bendis but I want to read GotG and was wondering if this was worth it at all.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0S13mP_pfEc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Really? You were wondering if it was worth it at all?

Yeah, is it worth it all?

Yeah. I was wondering if it was worth reading at all

At all, huh...I wonder?

He's wondering if it's worth it at all.

youtube.com/watch?v=0S13mP_pfEc

Thread's theme

No my dear user, just NO! Save yourself from cringe dialogue.

Here is a comic list that has some better gotg comics. I'm sure there's a better list out there.

>cringe dialogue
>No my dear user, just NO!

A better list?

Just.
A list that focuses on gotg.

>Just.
Just what?

Really, gotg?

Fuck.

Are you trying to do a combo? Because you missed the chance.

Yeah, the Guardians of the Galaxy.

Is this thread written by Bendis?

Who?

Aw c'mon, really?

Bunch of a-holes.

The writer?

OP Here please don't fuck my asshole anymore. Can someone tell me for sure?

>Can someone tell me for sure?
Yes

>Can someone tell me for sure?
Can I?

Yes as in it's decent to read?

No.

He said for sure? not JUST yes doofus!
No

That would be a no.

Yes.

For sure? I dunno...

NO

I can give you an unbiased opinion. I don't have anything against Bendis and while I like these characters, I don't reach the creppy autistic attachment some here have.

Vol 3 (Bendis first) is bad. There's no other way to put it. He tried to pull his usual stuff with characters he barely knew and everything felt so phony. Stories went nowhere and everything like a big advertisement for other books (if you feel like you're reading X-Men during Trial of Jean Grey, I can't blame you). He hit rock bottom with his Original Sin story. Arguably THE worst Marvel cosmic story of all time. I personally think he recovered some ground with his Black Vortex tie ins (nothing happens and that was an improvement at the time) and the final two issues that are not bad and set up plenty of interesting things.

Vol 4 is completely harmless. I won't say it's good because it's not, but it isn't bad either. The worst thing that happened was Bendis not being able to pay off all his set ups, but after that, it's completely harmless. Bendis also learned from plenty of his mistakes and maybe begrudgingly changed his approach. Peter isn't nearly as dumb as he was before, Rocket drops his horrible catchphrase and the team actually stays the hell away from Earth up until Civil War II tie in. It's not a bad book but isn't a good one either.

Fuck your asshole?

>Minion
>No

So I'm guessing it's actually decent.

Yeah Minion stuff is way better written than anything Bendis has ever done.

>I'm guessing
Yes.

OP here I was thinking of reading Volume 3 if people advised against volume 4. I didn't know Bendis did 3 as well.

Bendis did 3 and 4. DnA did 2. I don't remember who did 1, but that one is about the Guardians 3000

If you're gonna read Bendis, read Vol 4 (and the last two issues of Vol 3, #26 and #27, as a prologue).

Can I- can I tell you for sure? If bendis - bendis, the writer - did a good job on GotG? The guardians of the galaxy book? The comic book, right? Written by bendis?

>Reading post-2011 Bendis

I genuinely don't know if he's written anything good since then...

No man, it's actual trash,
Has your back, this is what got me hooked on a feeling back when I firsr got to Sup Forums totally worth reading. Don't cheat yourself out of incredible stories just because they're not the newest ones.

You're better off sticking firecrackers in your bum hole than reading Bendis' GoTG