youtube.com/watch?v=3131tUSlaFQ
youtube.com/watch?v=1LNFlpO29QU
youtube.com/watch?v=S_YlIu-eJvU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Not according to my dick.

>brown empowered amazonian
fuck off

Since when was she 7 feet tall?

It failed to live up to it's potential, but it's potential was HUGE. End result was a very disappointing, but only at worst mediocre cartoon.

On paper though, every season was fucking amazing. Character and visual design and the general idea of each season was superb. They just fucked the execution so, so bad.

You will never go back in time to prevent bryke from fucking up Korra

Heads, not feet

That's heads, not feet.

Since when was she 7 heads tall?

Heads aren't a foot tall you mongoloid.

I liked it. But it wasn't better than Avatar: The Last Airbender. My complaints:
>Shipping at 200%
>Love triangles everywhere!
>Even for Tenzin and Lin.
>Okay.
>Pander to the fans
>NO Foreshadowing for a lot of stuff
>Seriously, Amon's backstory was just shoved in there
>The villains disappeared almost every season. It's like the MCU's problem.
>A LOT of failures for Korra but they wove this into the plot so I think I can give them a pass
>Mako
>A Metalbending Police Officer
>Not Bolin. What.
>Asami having a lot of potential but they just kept screwing her over
>No Sokka kids
>No Sokka anything beyond a cameo and name drop
The director that made Avatar: The Last Airbender so good didn't come back for Korra. That's why it wasn't as great as it could have been. I believe he talked Bryke out of some of their worse ideas like Iroh being a bad guy through the whole show.

>season 4 = good
>season 1 = good
> season 2 = good

the only good season was season 3

Why are you quoting me if you didn't respond to what I said?

>>A LOT of failures for Korra but they wove this into the plot so I think I can give them a pass

The problem was they gave her failures but forgot to give her successes. At least Aang could pad out his resume with the mooks he beat up almost every episode.

Korra to me came off potentially talented and powerful but destined to job poorly by the plot.

Remind me, did they ever really acknowledge that overall Korra was pretty shit at the Avatar job?

Yeah I felt that too but couldn't put it into words. They completely broke her down and didn't really fix her. Making her have control of the Avatar State so early probably had a lot to do with making her seem like she failed so hard. She couldn't defeat people with the Avatar State and then she lost it and ended the original Avatar line. They better give her some big victories in the comics.

only on Sup Forums

Read a fucking anatomy book.

no stop using your head canon

Korra is her own worst critic. Yet she never does anything to correct that or improve. If she did, however, then the plots they wrote wouldn't have happened and they would actually have to put effort into the writing.

She tries many things, it's just that the universe conspires against her so anything she tries explodes in her face.

Agreed

>muh dick muh dick muh dick

I wish we could free ourselves of these mongoloids who do nothing but think about sex all day.

Ratings were dying like flies. Somehow I doubt there are 4 million Sup Forums users who dropped Korra after first season.

>Nielsen ratings

Lol.

Nick's airing schedule didn't help. Season 3 had like a week of advertisement and then they took it off in the middle of the season to put it on their (terrible) website. Some people have said that the executives didn't like that the audience was too female-centric, like Young Justice.

if you think mild disappointment is a disaster, then yeah

does it bug anyone else that as our society gets more and more libtarded, executives are apparently becoming the very model of how they used to be exaggerated to be? putting everything in a damn tiny little demographic box, and discriminating like mad.. and somehow this is okay. because you know if it wasnt, tumblr would come out of the woodwork to bully them into changing it

I dropped it after the first season.

Generally most people are 7.5 heads tall.

8 heads is just the most ideal figure, proportions wise.

So she's realistic enough, but you also need to keep in mind we're talking about pretty anime-ish proportions anyway.

It was fine. Better than the standard fare. Not perfect but not as terrible as people around here whine about it being.

Just wasn't that inane Gaang Jr fan fiction that was drummed up so they bitch like all fandoms do when proven wrong about things.

>best girl won

not in the slightest

Ratings died because of Nickelodeon.

What the fuck are you even talking about

That's news to me.

Did I miss an OVA in which Kuvira broke out of jail and beat Sujin to a pulp with her bare fists?

I dunno, she had some pretty massive tits.

Not entirely

Season 1= Good

Season 2= mediokre

Season 3 and 4= GREAT

D cups to be precise
imgur.com/a/Wc2If (NSFW)

Only the first season was good, the rest were complete bullshit.

Reminder, that Amon could have saved us all

Nah.

Season 1 = Strong opening half that was let down by Korra turning out not very likeable, the romance taking too much spotlight, and Korra getting a happy ending served to her on a plate instead of having to work and grow as a bender to get back her powers. 6/10

Season 2 = Even more focus on the not-good romance, a weak villain, Korra remains an unlikeable fuckup who doesn't learn from her mistakes. Best parts were mostly Bolin centric, but even his gags got run into the ground. Animation also took a dive with the new studio helping out taking time to adjust to it. 3/10

Season 3 = Actually pretty legit. Great villain, Korra starts getting to be a far better protagonist despite her continued fuckups, romance is notably less bad. Animation picks back up. 7/10

Season 4 = Korra managed to become a fully likeable character just in time for literally everyone else to become dumpster tier. Worst villain, worst fights, and Korasami was pretty bad because Bryke shoved it in right at the end without proper build-up - likely because they didn't realise Nick would give the okay on it until very late into making the season. 4/10

>makes a great idea
>does a twist that makes it twice as bad
>did this every season with the final fuck you with the lesbian end that no one really expected so it will be protected by sjw despite it's flaws

>>Mako
He was an incredibly annoying and frustrating character in book 1 thanks to his cranky attitude, all the dithering with his romance subplots, and his appearance as a generic angsty hot dude who's supposed to make fangirls wet their pants. But in the later books, the show acknowledged Mako's character flaws and made fun of them, or they just put the guy into uncomfortable situations where you could feel some schadenfreude for his suffering. By the end of the show, I kind of found him an endearing character because of this. He had flaws and he got flack for them.

This is incomprehensible, research what you're talking about

Agreed, I almost wish Prince Wu came into his life sooner.
With Bolin he could just play the big brother card and tell him off, but there was no saving him from Wu.

>wanting any more Wu than is strictly necessary

No, it wasn't a disaster, it was something far worse: wasted potential.

I felt season 4 was a betrayal of sorts. I saw the trailer and was amazed at the new mechs, suits and fascist earthbenders. I was expecting a story following Korra to go on spiritual journeys and recover by training with various masters over the season. Nope instead everything is rushed and the boss battle is shit thanks to needing that lesbian ending.

>1 euphoria(s) have been deposited in your life

Korra was a good show

Nice

Season 2 was a disaster.

It was so bad that I still haven't watched seasons 3 & 4 to this days, I was that mad.

Season 1 was mostly just lame.

Didn't watch seasons 3 & 4 whether it redeemed itself or not I can't say, a lot of people seem to think so.

>MUH DICK
If anything that's what ruins many shows nowadays.

Hard to find the Ebooks

The Legend of Korra: The Art of the Animated Series

yeah, not enough Korra feet

Or maybe the quality dropped to hell, or maybe it's both.

It felt like this for me too. It was a bit like season 2 in that regard but it also managed to make me lose faith in the show going forward.

Book 2 can be found pretty easily. I don't think the other books have been scanned or ripped at all though. They are available on Dark Horse's digital store and I'd simply buy them there, but for some reason they've got region restrictions and they don't want my money. Oh well.

>ywn lick a brown girls belly button

Quality didn't drop. It was at zero to begin with. Later it just became clear it's not going to improve, it's not a buildup, it's just shit.

Prince Wu was the only good thing about season 4

Bolin was a beast though, literally his GOATiest moment right here. Not Sokka tier, but almost.

>So bad it go taken of the air and the final episodes were streamed

Yes

>but almost
>thinking Bolin can ever be close to Sokka
>thinking Bolin can even be a fraction of a fraction close to Sokka

Waste of a character slot that took away resources from the show.

>it was something far worse: wasted potential.
Always and forever.

Oh come on now user. I said he almost got close BY that moment, shit was hilarious as hell seeing him side in like a pimp. But Sokka did it first, many times, and with more style. Bolin never became Sokka, but he tried at least when he did.

Has there been any word on the comics?

youtube.com/watch?v=bmKaQqinWKY

youtube.com/watch?v=3131tUSlaFQ

youtube.com/watch?v=1LNFlpO29QU

youtube.com/watch?v=S_YlIu-eJvU

I love it when people make stuff like this

Did mrenter ever make a korra video?

>the comics will include a section of Kuvira's childhood r-right?

A short story was published for FCBD, but I haven't heard anything about the other comic in a while.

so the order goes: Korra > Ty Lee > Asami = Suki > Katara. I don't know what use this information serves but nice to know

She's likely going to talk with Korra at some point so very likely.

>someone did this because...

>hey we have this great villain called amo-
>nope kill him in the first season, and make the show "villain of the season"

that's why it was a disaster.

>worst avatar
>accomplished the most

Why do all Korra haters have their heads stuck deep in their ass?

this is because the show was only funded for one season at a time so they had to write each season as if it may have been the last season

because some people want to fantasize about fictional characters in the most specific, accurate way possible. Seriously though I have no idea why someone made thi

Get a load of this

i find it hard not to agree with these.

thread needs more cuteness

As I recall, what happened was a combination of 2 things: The show was changed enough so that the more rigid diehard fans of the first series were taken aback, and about 3 episodes in there was a few episodes devoted to romance.

These factors generated a massive shitstorm that was only worsened by some of the more flawed parts of the first season finale and by an overall fairly weak second season.

The Third and Fourth seasons are actually pretty great (if not without flaws) but by then the Shitstorm had gained to much momentum to ever be stopped.

As far as show quality went, for a western animated show it was flawed but above average quality.

As for the ratings drop, I suspect that was mostly due to Nick flubbing things as they usually due (radically different airing times with minimal advertising). But I lack the insider knowledge to make that claim confidently.

Nick ensured it would be. Even with a franchise like Avatar on their hands they can't escape from their spongebob myopia.

I'd actually say Book 1 is vastly better than book 4, even with the flaws book 1 had.

Some of it comes down to personal preference obviously, I personally wanted a major earthbending villain ever since they introduced The Dai Li in the first series, plus paring that up with an emergent facist government was a great idea. I'd have to agree that it probably had the most amount of wasted potential next to season 2. The resolution with Kuvira was anti-climactic, a fullscale battle would have been more interesting that the giant robot fight, and Korrasami simply did not have enough development. The resolution of the conflict Amon started had similar problems to Kuvira's but I'd agree that on the whole he was a better, more fleshed out villain, his finale scene was great as well.

As far as flaws/wasted potential goes I don't think anything beats season 2's flubbing of the dark avatar stuff though. Aside from beating up Ravaa I still don't know what the goal was there. What does 10,000 or whatever years of Darkness even mean really?

Going just by the concept of book 2 or possible themes it could have had it should've been my favorite season. They just flubbed too hard, and to this day i can't understand anyone who says it's the best or second best season.

LoK was good but underachieved considering its pedigree.

Now Thundercats--THAT was a disaster.

>mfw someone thinks this can be taught

What exactly happened with thundercats I wasn't paying attention to Sup Forums when it happened

Do you have a word to describe them?

>americucks measure height in body parts
>not using the glorious metric system like the rest of the world

Indeed, The saying usually goes "show don't tell" but they didn't even bother to tell us the motivations involved beyond Unalaq being salty about his brother.

I couldn't tell you what would be bad about Vatuu winning because they didn't even tell us.

Aside from the fact that I guess he'd turn cities into forests?

The pilot was really good but they fired the guy who wrote it and got a bunch of retards to write the rest of the show.

I'm guessing it would be like in Wans time at best, fewer humans at worst. They just fucked up in general by introducing Vaatu/Raava, and fucked up even more when they didn't manage to do it in Yin/Yang style

It had a reboot some years ago, it was kicked off by an hour or so long pilot that featured pretty good animation great character redesigns and a darker tone to the story, where the Cats' Kingdom gets overthrown by races they had been treated as lesser (Mumra was backing them). It set the series up as the Lion-o and the rest adventuring about to restore the kingdom and take down Mumra.

Then the series pretty much devolved into simplistic morality tale of the week episodes before being cancelled.

It did still have some good bits here and there though.

don't act like you don't measure horses in hands and weight in stones

They literally didn't plan seasons ahead in a story driven show, if course it was a trainwreck

Kuvira should have won.

Think there's a North Korea styled chunk of the Earth Kingdom now, all filled up with earth empire remnants?

It comes down I think to how Nick ordered the production, first it was just season one, then midway through that they ordered season 2, then just after season 1 aired they ordered the last 2.

It's probably way season one felt like it was resolved too easily, season two dealt with important lore elements in a rushed manner, and seasons three and four were better overall quality because they actually had some time to plan things through.

How did she lose again? Didn't she just give up when she still could've won?

He robot went out of control, she probably wouldn't beat korra without it.