So when it's all said and done, will Game of Thrones join the big 4?

So when it's all said and done, will Game of Thrones join the big 4?

lol no

Should take BBs Spot

Get Breaking Bad the fuck out of there.

Nope not even top 10
Other 6 are
>deadwood
>Rome
>leftovers
>6 feet under
>Decalogue
>Hannibal
Honorable mentions
>Carnivale
>true detective
>twin peaks
>Lost

I have never watched a single episode of GoT and never will

>breaking bad
>in that 2x2
jesus fucking christ no. even the shield is 5x more deserving than bb

>hannibal

Looks good, Mads is great, the rest is shite

>the big 4
>no shield
why dont you go fuck yourself

Breaking Bad is not in the big 4

There is no big four.

There is the big two of Six Feet Under and The Wire and then about ten really good shows that do not include Breaking Bad or Game of Thrones.

Great story, bro.

That's a good idea.

>he thinks game of thrones is good

The Wire, Mad Men and The Sopranos are in a league of it's own.

Yeah, right after The Walking Dead and 2 Broke Girls.

fuck no, also what the fuck is Breaking Bad doing there

Is this just blowback? Breaking Bad's only crime is being accessible.
I think it's fine, but that hasn't stopped it from climbing high on the GOAT lists already.

get breaking bad out of there it should just be the big 3

being accessible IS the problem though, not to sound all hipster but if something is incredibly normie-friendly then it is making a concession somewhere. To this day, despite them being widely regarded, I have many friends who won't touch The Wire, Mad Men or The Sopranos because "it's too slow", "the characters are boring", "it's too long and not enough happens in each episode", "I don't like the characters".

Incidentally I do like Breaking Bad just no way is it near the level those three are on (I'd personally add Deadwood and Rome on to those 3 as well)

BB is the ultimate contrarian filter.

Sup Forums would like it if normies didn't

it probably will for a few years (undeservedly), but will ultimately be forgotten as time passes

Breaking Bad is enjoyable, but it simply can't compare to something like The Sopranos. Without going into autistic analysis, it just feels ''cheaper''.

Get the Breaking Bad outta there and add either
>Rome
>The Shield
>Band of Brothers

>leftovers

I enjoy breaking bad but its just nit in the same league as the wire or the sopranos

Wrong, the sopranos was shit by the end

>all this pleb garbage with Basedpranos
fuck out of here reddit

It is cheaper. Look at the cast of Sopranos and episode lenght. Not to mention how the character development is subservient to the plot.

>madmen
Not even top 100

>moron thinks six feet under is better than the sopranos
Are you 13 or just a woman?

Leave

That's the definition of hipster though, thinking something can't be both popular and quality. The other three are slower burns to be sure.
Sup Forums likes everything normies do, capeshit, GoT, the list could go on
I feel this. I have little desire to rewatch Breaking Bad ever really but I'm rewatching the Wire right now.

That doesn't mean the first watch of Breaking Bad wasn't the most enjoyment I'll ever get through any single watch of a TV show.

You have to be a facebook loving queer or a soccer mom to think BrBa is half as good as Deadwood or Rome. Both of which are arguably better than The Wire as well, which is nothing more than >muh social dysfunction repeatedly and overtly beaten over the viewers' heads ad nauseum.

Breaking bad created a whole new type of middle aged white dude who thinks they're badass for wearing a graphic tee with fedora man on it. Not to mention all the disillusioned chemistry dropouts. For such a meh show, it's fair to say that it has done more harm than good.

How? That episode when Tony goes to Las Vegas is the best episode of the show.

Madmen is the most unwatchable, overrated piece of trash I've ever seen

your mom is the most unwatchable overrated piece of trash I've ever seen

>bb is a meh show
Holy shit you fucking autist, can you make it anymore obvious that you are a miserable hipster?

>ignore analysis because muh feelings

The absolute state of Sup Forums.

You must've never seen Twin Peaks, then

I liked BB at fist. Then I saw the rest.

In short, it just feels like a video game at several points, it looks ''awesome'', but that's not good when you compare it to gritty stories about real crime life like The Sopranos or The Wire. Cheap thrills basically.

It's kinda true though. The sopranos is very well written and very well done, like the episode where Tony and his wife to to meet up with Bobby and his sister at that house on the river is so fucking kino words Cant do it justice

Mad Men is the ultimate pleb filter, if you think that;

>It's boring
>It's a glorified soap opera
>Nothing happens
>The Sopranos is better because it has Paulie's epic quips xD

You need to fuck off back to r/television

>can't be both popular and quality

In movies, it's extremely rare because pandering to normies is cheaper. TV shows are even rarer since they eventually start to pander to the fans to keep viewers.

Agreed. It's still amazing but it is a totally different genre, a genre which is less deep and less serious.

you don't know what genre means

It's totally different settings. Mad Men and The Sopranos are both great. Which one is better comes down to personal preference.
I mean, sure, EVERYTHING comes down to personal preference, but some vague standards can be set, you can't fucking say Dallas and The Sopranos are on same level.

>implying madmen is better than the sopranos
>not le fedora hipster

id rather be a hipster than have middle schooler taste. learn any new BMX tricks or Xbox hacks recently?

>Mad men & BB on the same level as sopranos and wire.

You dont even need other people to derail your thread. You did it yourself with your shit taste lmaoo.

Breaking bad is action/adventure whilst the sopranos is a crime drama

Preferring the Sopranos is fine, but there are loads of people on Sup Forums who call Mad Men shit and only like The Sopranos because of the Mafia stuff.

The big 4 are Oz, The Wire, Sopranos and Lost.

You could argue that Six Feet Under or the West Wing should replace Oz and Lost but they weren't as ground breaking.

>lost

A nigger no doubt

Wasn't Six Feet Under the first show to have a 3 dimensional faggot?

I think Boardwalk Empire is terribly underrated.

It's actually the 13 year olds and mentally 13 year olds who prefer Sopranos to SFU because it has cool explosions.

lost and sopranos represent the best of tv
sopranos for incredible, consistent writing, acting
lost for exploiting the medium better than anything else, and providing endless hours of discussion

Fuck goodfellas, fuck the sopranos, and fuck every le edgy mafia gangsta assassin we wuz corleones n sheit we be makin offas spawned by the Godfather.

WOAAAAH THE BALLS ON THIS PRICKKK

No, Oz done it first.

Breaking Bad doesn't belong there. Game of Thrones sure as shit doesn't. The only show from recent memory that could hold a candle to any of those is the Leftovers.

Mad Men wishes it was half as good as The Sopranos

Shut up. Do you remember that part when Walter said "I am the knocker?" Or who could forget "Whats my name?" Now that was pure drama, in the classical sense of course but nonetheless.

SFU was great but nowhere anywhere NEAR stuff like Wire or Sopranos. The best thing about SFU was its last 10 minutes.

You may be right, but I haven't seen it and my taste is objective.

>mfw I did not watch any of them and I have no idea which is the one with the black man

this
Mad men = Breaking bad >>> Game of Thrones >>>>>>>>> walking dead >>> shit >>> memeranos

>The best thing about SFU was its last 10 minutes.
Well obviously since that's the best thing in TV ever.

I still like the show despite being a load of shit compared to the greatness it used to be, but no.

Also what the fuck is it with this Breaking Bad hate? I know it's the Reddit equivalent of the Sopranos but it wasn't only good, it was fucking amazing. Is there any other reason to hate it than getting cool guy points from the big boys in Sup Forums?

the only thing edgy is watching tv shows about the white equivalent of nigger crime groups

The Sopranos isn't really about the mafia though. It's about the Soprano family. I normally don't even like gangster stuff and I still think The Sopranos is one of the best tv shows ever made.

Breaking Bad and Mad Men might have had strong starts but they became victims of their own popularity. They were dragged out for too long and ended up getting silly because of it.

>Places all the Hot Topic Mugs figures before the only actual TV show and goes all to call it a meme itself

Someone should have told you you're not funny a long time ago

>mad men
>breaking bad
>not deadwood and six feet under
Underage ease leave

Implying The Sopranos or The Wire would be Sup Forums kino if the board was active during its run

Both shows would get absolutely shit on for their weak end seasons

Mad Men is average, nothing special - just a boring soap opera with some interesting characters. Shouldn't be in there.

Breaking Bad - good show, but EXTREMELY overrated. Shouldn't be in there

Game of Thrones can't join The Wire and the Sopranos mainly because the last 2 seasons were absolute shit. And it seems to be getting worse.

>that reddit spacing
Go back boy

This is an anonymous board. No points are awarded here. Nothing carries over here. Sorry it to be the one to tell you.

seriously fuck you
I almost punched a hole in the wall in anger, what the fuck is this SHITTY opinion? Mad Men is fucking TVkino, kill yourself, faggot.

That's the thing. Breaking Bad relies way too strongly on thrills and suspense with "shit is going to go down next episode" attitude. It does help in keeping the viewer watching during the first run but it's not conducive for rewatchability.

And yet, somehow, you're offended when the circlejerk is questioned.

Why would he listen to you then? You're anonymous too.

What's your point, art shouldn't show ugly things?

No and Mad Men is not comparable to the other three. It's an only slightly above average AMC show

>Rome
Was the show that good? Only lasted 2 seasons.

>all this love for The Wire

Literally "White People Are the Reason Blacks Suffer: The Show."

Uhh
its kinda true.

>dude breaking the law lmao
>dude gangstas lmao
>dude murder lmao
>dude mafia lmao
kys

It's popular and normies like it so naturally Sup Forums hates it.

Sorry but it's 100% there already. I know most people here have contrarian opinions about everything popular but Game of Thrones has been one of the most popular TV shows of all time whether you like it or not. It'll go down in history as a game changer in many ways.

I would pay $10,000 for the chance to torture you to death for your anti Mad Men view.

Confirmed hasn't watched the show

It is unironically too deep for you.

>Uhh

But they ARE the reason. The only reason us nonwhited haven't lynched every last won of you is because you're still the majority.

Tick, tock

Dexter
Lost
Gilmore Girls
Friends

>Literally "The Government is the Reason Blacks Suffer: The Show."
fixed

>black mayor (white one wasn't much better though)
>black police commissioner
>black cops

Seriously how would you even draw that conclusion. The most consistent message in the show is "the drug war has ruined fucking everything."