Sgt Brad Colpert seemed like a pretty intelligent and educated guy, why did he join the Marines?

Sgt Brad Colpert seemed like a pretty intelligent and educated guy, why did he join the Marines?

Other urls found in this thread:

esquire.com/news-politics/a26351/man-who-shot-osama-bin-laden-0313/
youtube.com/watch?v=0Dg3Us9ld2g
youtube.com/watch?v=GASlTbaOAdA
youtube.com/watch?v=mDcS25XlH5c
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

People do strange things for a sense of purpose. There are plenty of smart Marines out there, who by all rights could have made a better, safer, and more fulfilling career out of something else. But people want to feel part of something bigger that they believe matters.

Not all Marines are uneducated meatheads. Most of those who are, don't get past the most basic ranks. Of course there are exceptions like Encino Man.

How dare someone serves their country

from his interviews it seemed like the guy was just a huge military nerd, the kind of guy who if he was physically unfit/unintelligent he would be made fun of

Like me I work in an office but I'm going back to active duty, because it's just what I enjoy, feel more complete. It's weird.

It's not weird, I can imagine military service being more captivating than being stuck in an office every day.

I make more money and live more comfortably fixing electronics on aircraft. Still want to experience the combat life just for a greater sense of purpose.

shooting people is fun... all the other stuff is bullshit tho

I have a friend like this. In college he was a huge fucking military/military history nerd. Joined up after graduating, now he's an LT in a tank brigade. I think it's a lot more common than you think.

what was his problem? Was it autism?

unironically yes

He seem like the kind of guy who served because its a family tradition.

Most of the smart ones go (and actually make it) to special forces. You can be a complete moron and make it as a grunt, but you need to have some intelligence to be an operator. Not to say there aren't some dumb special forces people, brawn and determination can get you far, but it's usually not enough.

He was a bureaucrat who couldn't handle himself in combat.

>why did he join the Marines?
to slay bodies

He got in because his daddy was an officer. I'm surprised he didn't get punched in his dumbass face.

Spooks.

Because he saw that commercial where the knight slays a dragon then turns into a marine

he is intelligent but not ugly or beta, so he has no reason to question the system as a whole as he thrives within it. therefore, despite being intelligent and well-educated, he probably still thinks us army service is somehow patriotic. that, or since he's shown to have a conscience, he duped himself into a hero complex and chose the army for his self-sacrifice.

Maybe underneath it all, he just enjoys killing?

He was an Aryan adopted, raised, and brainwashed by a Jewish family. They convinced him to go to war probably with subliminal techniques.

wasn't really portrayed like that at all, but sure, it's a possibility.

He literally describes himself as a "hunter killer" and "warrior" several times. No doubt he likes wasting bad guys, he just isn't a psycho like Trombley who wants to kill animals and kids.

In my experience with the Navy working with Marines, about 70% were retards and 30% were actually pretty smart and either made some bad choices in life or came from shit. It's not uncommon to find quality folks in the ranks.

He got cucked and was like fuck this.

Sit down Cletus, we're not talking in mindless patriotic platitudes right now.

The guy who shot Bin Laden actually said that he joined the military because his gf left him.

Obligatory reading esquire.com/news-politics/a26351/man-who-shot-osama-bin-laden-0313/

And Trombley's recruiter told him he'd get to kill people.

And Ray's recruiter told him he'd be swimming in fresh Thai pussy.

nerds sometimes realize that being physical and muscular is an easy thing too, and become even better than meatheads at doing sports and active stuff

that's why /fit/ is a thing

nate was also smart and educated you double liberal

this is why the Spartans composed regiments of gay lovers

Men feel emasculated after girls don't give a shit about them, and often make stupid decisions based on this

Heh, this guy thinks SF are smart

>he thinks captain america did anything wrong

His girlfriend cheated on him with some surfer dude, pay attention.

>guy who shot bin laden
Cool, the other day the guy who found Carmen Sandiego told me a nice joke too.

FOLLOW MY TRACERS!

He was smart and nice guy; he just couldn't handle the stress of combat. He was great when he was a pencil pusher, apparently. Iraqi Freedom was him at his worst.

what movie is this?

>>>/reddit/

(not that guy, not even a patriot or an army guy, I just really dislike you)

youtube.com/watch?v=0Dg3Us9ld2g

Love that scene.

Generation Kill. HBO mini-series.

I am this close to enlisting. I feel almost nothing, everything is empty and meaningless, I don't know how to cope with it other than by just putting myself in the hardest shittiest position possible.

Most I met were. A couple were dipshits of course, but a lot of the ones I met went on to become physicians, engineers, etc etc... of course I mostly worked with SEALS, pararescue, Berets, top tier operators, not Rangers or divers.

Then definitely enlist in Marine infantry. Or food service, theyre both pretty awful.

he wanted to slay some dragons.

Not all smart people have means to go to college, and it seems like even if intelligent he loved the whole warrior culture.

just take some mma or boxing classes

at least you will learn something useful

being in the marines will not give you any pussy at all, be warned

you're actually retarded if you think SF are anything more than dudes with a high willpower stat.

his family is jewish, not much military tradition there

That guy must have had a relative higher up or something, there's no way he got through officer school by himself.

his family is dead, he was adopted by jews

officer school isn't hard. i completed it and im a dumbass. dropped out immediately after though. fuck logistics. "you'll be an infantry officer!' they said. fucking liars.

You need to be a resourceful motherfucker as an SF. Maybe they're not all book smart, but they're not dumb muscle either.

youtube.com/watch?v=GASlTbaOAdA
youtube.com/watch?v=mDcS25XlH5c

well yes I was referring to his adopted family
did he know who his real parents were? don't think it's mentioned in the show

It depends what SF you're talking about.. Some place more value on different things. Delta for example puts a much higher value on endurance both physically and mentally than say navy seals.. That's because the nature in which they operate is for the most part pretty different. Delta operate in the shadows behind enemy lines for longer stretches of time gathering vital information on the enemy.

I felt the same way about 2 years ago after giving up on university and being a pilot. Couldn't even find a reason to wake up in the morning, weighed over 240lbs, was bored all the time, felt like a piece of shit with zero worth. I went Chair Force since I had some relevant knowledge, but I still had to do the same basic training that Army does. Best thing I ever did with my life, no contest. It sucks sometimes, but I'm never going back to the NEET life until I get pension.

>USMC OCS is easy

Opinion discarded

>some surfer dude

His best friend that is.

how old were you?
Whats your position?
What made you quit?

>believing in the """""""street smart""""" meme
They are all idiots.

bullshit. there's always some whore at an off base bar who will fuck anything in a uniform

Ray's one of the smart ones though.

>this is what marines aspire to

top kek

>quit at 21
>currently avionics tech, still in training, makes good money thanks to speciality pay
>didn't make any friends in Uni, passionate enough about flying, ran out of my own money, felt guilty about getting financial help from my parents, felt they were pushing me into this life, terrible at networking which is required to get a job as a pilot, hated taking all the unrelated courses I didn't care about, GPA dropped from 3.4 down to a 2.7, decided to quit right before getting my commercial license, became a NEET for 3 months before getting shipped off to basic
Click here to subscribe to my blog

Was it because his girlfriend left him for his best friend? He saw no other purpose in life than to join the marine, i don't know

source ?