Why do people think it's okay to build your house out of plywood, spindly boards and tarpaper?

Why do people think it's okay to build your house out of plywood, spindly boards and tarpaper?

What happened to actual brick and stone and full logs? Is it a cold war plot by the Russians to make America easy to knock down?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=N2so9hyNWxc
youtube.com/watch?v=hJ9yBgTp9UQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Did you build yours out of brick and stone and full logs?

t. not a stone mason

>why do people think its okay

Because its affordable.
Brick and stone houses have shit insulation. Have fun paying off your huge heating bill. Not to mention its easy to repair houses made of wooden boards. The only downside is that your home can be destroyed by small tornadoes and falling branches

Concrete.

It's not even plywood anymore, it's OSB. It falls apart after about 20 years.

Wut? heaving you house made out of brick/stone/concrete, with insulation and double layer glass you will have a very small heating bill, in fact, i never had to turn on my central heater.

>Not living underground like a real man.

Shit thread

If you don't reply to this post, an earwig will crawl into your ear tonight

>have shit insulation
Not if you insulate them.
Did you expect stone to have the same insulation value as fiberglass fluff? You have to put more insulation on than just the exterior layer.

Go trump go

Why do people even bother to build new homes anyway? There's so many in existence now, not to mention that old houses have tons of character and are far better-built than the crackerbox construction that's been common since the 60s.

fugg :DDD

insulate anything and its insulated

this doesnt take away from the fact that building with stone is expensive as fuck

Because mold shed sucks.

It's the roof that gets me, a plywood sail covered in paper. What could possibly go wrong?

It's American so regardless of building material it's superior to anything in your backwater lands

pls no

because cement labyrinths are depressing as fuck.
as a german i can tell you that...

Sheet rock doesn't count

Older homes are pretty shit honestly. The overall structure is good but you need to spend a fortune updating and remodeling.

Hahahahahahahaha How The Fuck Are "Reply Or X" Posts Real Hahahaha Nigga Just Walk Away From The Screen Like Nigga Close Your Eyes Haha

houses are way better now. good houses

>what are two by fours
>two by six
>drywall

Wood Houses with corrugated iron roofs are the master race of houses

fugg u

Old electrical, old plumbing, old roof, black mold, dated style, small closed off design, only onr bathroom. You have never renovated a house.

Mcmansions are tacky in places like the west/Midwest and I don't think they have them in the south but we have them here in the Northeast and it's the perfect place for mcmansions
1) the roads are pre 60s, so neighborhoods arent grids or planned
2)no natural disasters like tornadoes

Perfect homes if you want to start a large family

How much do they cost in your state? They start at like 600k in NJ

No pls

>live in rainy ass vancouver
>first job I worked on unironically used OSB
Bruh those things will crumble after 1 leak

I live in California and I would fucking hate it if a ton of bricks and concrete fell on my head after an earthquake. At least with wood there's a slight chance of living

Actually there are many woods that are as durable and fireproof as steel beams. Many wood houses here in the Sunshine State have been standing for decades through storms and heat and are still very nice and sturdy.

Just remember to spray for termites

Affordability. Look at the cost of a square meter of reinforced concrete or brick to timber.
Because renovating a really old house is more expensive than buying a new one. Plus, really old houses most likely have the historical site stamped on it, and renovation on a historical site is limited and very expensive.

>OSB
>not superior ZipSystem
pleb

Black mold is more a problem with newer homes because they're built too airtight. The walls don't breath so any moisture gets in and you get mold.

Stone is heavier and more expensive and much harder to work with than wood and nails.

Brick veneer is still very popular. If you instead do a six course brick parameter that will cost a shit load more to buy and pay the boys to assemble.

If money is no object though, you can get some seriously beautiful stone/brick houses. It will cost you in the 10's of millions to get mansion sized. In the single digit millions to get say 3,000 square feet.

But it will be one jaw dropper of a house if you can pay for it.

I don't see anything wrong with it.

>mfw live near San Andreas fault

You can afford one at like, 120k+ but I see people with 70k salaries buying them and they live somewhat okay

About 24k a year on mortgage

>Why do people think it's okay to build your house out of plywood, spindly boards and tarpaper?
>What happened to actual brick and stone and full logs?

Because in America, if the big bad wolf tries you blow your house down, you shoot him.

NO PLZ

>stumble in drunk one night
>all your walls are ruined as you bump into them gently
it looks pretty but it's structurally unsound

Ahhh

[THIS POST REQUIRES A TRUMP GOLD MEMBERSHIP TO VIEW. IF YOU HAVE NOT PURCHASED TRUMP GOLD YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO VIEW THIS POST. A TRUMP GOLD MEMBERSHIP CAN BE PURCHASED FROM DONALDJTRUMP.COM. THANK YOU FOR HELPING TO MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN.]

Even the Japs use tiles though and they have wooden palaces hundreds of years old.

>not living in a colonial era villa

What are you some sort of shitskin?

Name a more redpilled house than this.

In California at least, earthquake resistance.

because the housing market is a bubble/racket and everyone involved is trying to squeeze out money not put in quality
Start learning earthships you'll need it
youtube.com/watch?v=N2so9hyNWxc

>Shoot an intruder
>arrested for 77 counts of manslaughter

Concrete is expensive and doesn't work well in many climates. Same goes for solid brick and wood.

pls no

youtube.com/watch?v=hJ9yBgTp9UQ

STOBBIT

what's an earwig?

It's the god damn zombies I tell you. They're just making getting everything ready for the takeover. We'll have nothing but ikea houses to hold back their hordes.

that's what the outer wall is for

concrete is the only answer.

it works well in all climates you peasant.

Those are just brick veneer (one layer that covers the outer walls.) Those houses could easily run up to 6 or 7 million if they were 6 course brick.

Bran Castle in Romania was on the market for 135 million. I never checked to see if anyone bought it.

Fuck you

Big if true

Then what is the best material for all 4 seasons?

Don't bait the bear, a gust of wind will do.

>American house
>Walls are paper thin so people can hear you take a piss or masturbate on the complete opposite side of the house and through floors

hitler did nothing wrong

I'm pretty sure I actually built that house. Is it in BC?

holy fuck, that episode of Night Gallery where that happens is terrifying

Because JEW real estate developers say concrete cubes are unprofitable. The truth is they don't want the white man to have STRONK concrete houses that niggers can't get into.

maybe the only insect that takes care of its young

I build my house out of double brick and iron roofing. That's like the bare minimum here.

You're a dumb nigger.

gotta have shipping container houses

>I don't think they have them in the south

We have shitloads of ugly styleless drywall McMansions here in middle Tennessee.

Georgia too. Can't speak for the other states.

My house was built just after WWII, with 2x4's that actually measure 2"x4", toungue & groove underflooring with legit hardwood floors, and concrete block basement.

So if a fieldstone house or log cabin is somehow superior with it's shit-ass mortar that can't stand up to decades of moisture, go live in one with your fedora and vape pen, faggot.

First time I reply to one of these.

That's a picture of a house framework, they're all made of wood you fucking moron.

That said I do think brick finishes are absolutely stunning if done right.

Yep, 1 year old house, gets black mold on the window sils during winter due to condensation pooling up.

Enjoy your earwig

Unless you live in tornado country it's a non issue. Here in America we don't have to worry about the Big Black Wolf blowing our houses down, they're to busy killing each other and blaming it on whites.

My double brick house is 24square and cost 147k

Apparently concrete releases some carcinogenic gas, so it makes it a little less desirable, also the cost is going to be higher, but yeah, probably worth it.

Is that where the babadook lives?

There is nothing wrong with using wood to frame a house. OSB keeps the insulation inside walls from falling out, and tyvek acts as a weather barrier. There is no reason to use brick, stone, or concrete for roofing. Asphalt shingles gives you the same benefit without the added weight. If you want brick afterwards, you can have brick walls on the exterior instead of siding or stucco. Not only is it an absolute waste to have interior brick walls, with the exception of chimneys, it would make wiring electrical a pain in the ass.

According to /diy/ this is the best building material for your house.

>doesn't work well in many climates.
???

They're supposed to fall apart in the event of a tornado.

Plywood is insanely strong and fireproof to a certain point. It's also lightweight and easy to move. You can build a house in typically 3 months (sometimes even in a week if you really wanted to) because of how readily available and cheap the materials are.

The disadvantage is it's easy to get torn apart by tornadoes. The thing is, tornadoes don't hit everything around it, just the path it's on and it's very unlikely your house will be in the path of one and only effects less than 1% of houses.

Sounds hot. You could hear your mum be plowed like a wet gumboot.

tile or metal roof would be better

I haven't worked construction in ages. My pricing is probably way off.

How many square feet is your house? You might be getting better deals in your area than in mine. I live in an area that is classing up from a lower middle class to upper middle class. Paying for anything more solid than cinder block or brick veneer is going to drive the price way up in the air.

Brick structures will fall apart in an F5 tornado and the weight will crush anyone on the other side.

Looks white trash.

Zero air infiltration: enjoy your mold and toxic formaldehyde.

This was framed with wood.

Houses usually have ventilation these days.

Because housing codes get constantly changed as science and technology keep advancing.

Land values also constantly change all the time.

Enjoy the extra expense of renovating and demolishing with brick and stone houses

Its 2400 sqfeet aparently. 147k was just for the house though, the land was alot more. And that's aud btw.

Because you are a retard.

I would never buy an old house.

Would never trust the old pipes that come with it, full of grease and other shit that was clogged up over the years from the former owner.

You could probably seal it, and just run fans/ac