Should we split up NY? AMERIFAGS ONLY

Should NY split into two states? Pic related is how they would split. Yes, Delaware and Broome counties are split. This would end NYC and Albany control on upstate's politics. Binghamton would also be on the blue side. American votes count, include your state in your vote.

Other urls found in this thread:

petitions.whitehouse.gov
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Yes, but the liberals and democrats will cry about losing power so it will never happen.

Illinois here, and I know this problem all too well.

Really? How's it there?
If the red side decides they want to leave, there isn't anything the left can really do about it.

Split

t. Floridafag

What would the two states be called?

New York and Hudson?

Yes. This is the problem with mega cities. They literally dominate the state. Mega cities should be political independent.

Yes.
t. Syracuse

I dunno. Prolly the NYC side should be called New york. It's pretty inconsequential anyway.
Btw don't panhandlers want to leave as well?

This. State?

Probably this. Thanks foreignbro

You can apply this to the majority of states that vote blue, frankly. Generally, a significant portion of the state will vote red, whereas a few major population centers (or in some cases, even just a single one) will vote blue and sway the entirety of the state's vote every time. The end result is that a sizable portion of the state is effectively disenfranchised, each and every election. We'd be much better off just getting rid of the Electoral College as a whole.

Maryland - in Baltimore.

Don't care but please stop sending your black criminals to PA please.

Have a number of states not divisible by 5 or 10 triggers my autism

I live in the panhandle and haven't heard much discussion about a split. If there's any talk of splitting, it's probably from South Florida.

What am I supposed to do with all my flags that have 50 stars?

All states should be reformed then power from the federal government should be weakened, while state power should be increased.
Almost all major issues in the US are federal issues that should be resolved at a state level.

Sounds better than the electoral college but, being that most red states are very rural, that would cause even more disenfranchisement (it's a word. I think.)

Anywhere outside of the blue isn't really New York.
t. NYC
t. Uni was bordering red

Chicago runs IL. IL outside of Chicago is very much a red state. Lots of states are run by large dem city states.

the electoral college is going to need a major overhaul if we're to maintain even the illusion of choice in the near future. it won't happen though. the demographic/ideological path we're on is an inevitable one without an insurrection

Washington County reporting in

We should expel (((New York City))) from the union.

That's what I'm saying

absolutely yes.

yes, but only if the blue part becomes part of nj

State?

Yes, upstate is fucking cancer and they aren't even real New Yorkers, literally just southern hicks moved up north. SPLIT NY

Holy shit! I never considered that. That's ingenious.

100% yes. how do we start this in motion? it needs to be done.

t.Oswego county fag

Newer York and New York
Or The New York and A New York

>putting northern Idaho in the same state as Mexican Yakima and Spokompton

NO

'Fucking cancer'
Who pays your art school bills again?

petitions.whitehouse.gov

Can confirm, we're a red state, give back Chicago to Wisconsin.

Split

Wisconsin here

upstate fags always try to claim NYC. Umm no, you might as well be part of Pennsylvania you bunch of hicks.

>muh cuse
>muh rochester
>muh buffalo

>How's it there?

Also Illinois here. This is the 2014 Gubernatorial election. The Republican won with 50.27% of the vote.

I work in Saratoga springs half the year and Texas the other and hell yeah upstate should split. I love upstate New York.

They should rename upstate Hamilton because Alexander Hamilton was the founding father officer assigned to the region

What's really fucked is that prisoners get sent up there and get counted as part of a county's population, so when it comes time to vote for representatives, prisons get wayyy more power than they should. Also, NYC is the cancer

Do you realize that NYC alone pays over $5bn more to the state than it receives every where? Upstate can't survive without us.

A lot of states should be split up, frankly.

NO!
DO NOT LEAVE LONG ISLAND WITH THE CITY.

No, and give WV back to VA to balance out the DC-metro cucks blueing it up.

Split. Fuck the city.
- Livingston/St. Lawrence Co

Why don't we just cut Manhatten off and push it into the ocean?

T. New York fag

This split is retarded, should cut off at Orange and Dutchess. Hudson corridor makes very little sense in the 21st century. Albany would bend to will of upstate if there was no undue influence from the city.

t. 315 fag living in NYC

>not understanding the concept of an island

Claim NYC? I'd *rather* be in Pennsylvania. We just want NYC to butt out of matters that involve us and not them. That's literally the only thing we want.

>tfw when Greene county.
No reason to include us. We're a Republican county, and most people here were cameo, have pickups, act southern, and talk southern. Ulster County is Similar. Nothing Above Orange and Dutchess should be apart of NYC.

Not sure on all this, aside from reunitive the VAs. I'm a PAfag and I say we should reorganise our state senate such that each city municipality sends two, and each county sends two without cityfolk voting. This allows a greater diversity of views and needs to be represented. All states should do this

yes we should split it.

the faggots of the city can fuck off and die with there niggers gays and jews of wall street.

the great white god kings of the north realms shall rule in all there glory.

FUCK YOU JEW YORK SHITTY

>implying most states wouldn't be better off if you just drew a 50 mile circle around the cities and created a new state

Come on, you could do this with Commiefornia and the People's Republic of New Jersey, just wall off the areas surrounding Sacramento, San Diego, LA, Newark and Camden, and all of a sudden you have two red states.

What we need to do is cleanse the cities.

>thinking that north Idaho deserves anything else

Neither side wants Albany, it is literally not a part of the rest of the state.

Why don't we go full Judge Dredd and make cities over a certain population "mega cities" that act as states?

Well since that won't happen, this is the next best solution. Another way to fix the problem is to have the electoral college, but have it operate on the basis of county instead of state.

city cuck faggot. to bad you weren't in DEM TOWERS HOMIE.

Is this so upstate can sink into a pit of poverty and irrelevance?

Do you really want that?

Proposal: the Three State Solution

New York State splits into three US states, consisting of Long Island, New York and the Catskills. Three times the Senators and all the gerrymandering you can shake a stick at.

>Albany
>Controlling anything

Ex-schenectady fag here. have you been to the capital district like ever?

>Homes with property under $20K. Not 200K, 20K.
>Neighborhood so shit even nigs don;t live there
>Even the open stores look abandoned

The captial has NYC's hand so far up it's puppet ass we might as well be another fucking borough.

What should happen.
Fuck all of you.

What we need is a popular vote for president, don't be daft

I can tell just by your post that you're a product of generations of trailer park inbreeding. Fucking butthurt redneck, every hick like you up north should be lynched, you don't even deserve to call yourself a New Yorker, we fucking need to deport all this white trash down south

North Idaho is based

2 more Democratic senators? Bah! *snorts*

Just go ahead and secede. NYC is nothing but homosexuals and feminists anyway, they won't be able to mount any sort of resistance. All they know how to do is talk talk talk. They'll whine and moan about losing their cabin in the Catskills and then they'll go back to the wine bar or the cupcake shop.

I've know a couple from upstate NY and they all hate NYC.

Upstate is literally Indiana tier. They are already irrelevant because NYC controls everything. The city makes decisions that should be decided by upstate because they don't affect the city at all.

>no undue influence from the city
>This is what NYC really believes

Cede upstate New York to Pennsylvania

Actually...

NYC runs this fucking state, you don't know shit.

Popular vote would nake the problem worse, red america is mostly rural. Then they'd ALL be irrelevent.

Yeah, but who would make him move? You? You don't even know how to use a gun, only thing you know how to do is push buttons on your smartphone.

Li bro here, almost all of suffolk county wants long island to be its own state

We even have our own flag

Yes, Suffolk and Nassau should break off while there is still time.

sure, take your flyover towns while we take new york. go for it.

Most territories with big cities should detach the big city from the civilized portion of the territory.

Ontario, New York, California, Michigan, Illinois, and Québec would all benefit from this.

and i can tell by your post that the product of the leftist (((education))) system. fucking buttblasted cuck city bitch. every last one of your city faggots should be burned alive by your religion of peace buddies. fucking pussy. y ou would get DESTROYED by my straight white christian fist you faggot little city cuck, i bet your a jew to.

Remove Hawaii

Also I don't live in a State, I live in the nation's capital.
I jog with a Congressman repping VA.

>Upstater can't read

Way to reinforce those stereotypes, Ryan

If you don't live at least in that blue part, literally no one in this country will ever think of you as 'from new York'.

Missouri here.

Split it.

And split Jefferson off of California and Cook County off of Illinois too.

Listen, fags, there will be no states splitting up, seceding or becoming more gerrymandered to benefit Republicans any more than they already are.

>You're at peak gerrymander, and still can't hold power.

Hey guys New Yorker here. I vote we upstate New Yorkers become part of Pennsylvania. PA is the best state and has the best culture, superior to even New York.

ITT: Butthurt poor upstate hicks who are mad they can't afford to live in NYC

uh huh,

so the of the 12 million people in this state, the 2.4 million that are not in or around chicago somehow make a majority now?

don't be fucking retarded. everyone that lives here knows outside of Chicagoland there is nothing. if you live here you should know this.

I agree with you, I'm going to sign my wife up to be fucked good by a PA cock, since my small New Yorker penis can't satisfy my wife like a Pennsylvanian can.

New York and Iroquois?
The Dakotas are already named after an Indian tribe.

Anyone from Schenectady? Lovely place I stoped through. The beirgarten was amazing

Thank you

to quote you verbatim

>Albany would bend to will of upstate if there was no undue influence from the city.

which i interpreted as

>I think that there's actually a good chance of Albany choosing to pay attention to Upstate in preference to NYC.

Which is the least likely thing i think I've read in this thread.

So thanks, but I understood just fine.

You realize that all of those nice little cheese squares come from somewhere right? We *own* dairy and corn production. Genetic fallacy.

Putnam county isn't that bad it's pretty conservative well the non-Hispanics anyway

Two suggestions have been Niagara and New Amsterdam -- but the latter has more to do with NYC, so Niagara would be my choice.

If I had a girlfriend I would let her get dominated by a Pennsylvanian, but no woman will date a New Yorker man because we are weak. Should I just castrate myself to ensure no more New Yorkers are born?

What county you from? NYC thinking they can just take our rural counties.