6 gajillion kurt cobain biopics and documentaries

>6 gajillion kurt cobain biopics and documentaries
>not a single one about layne staley

I mean, I can understand no chris cornell yet because he only died this year, but staley's been dead for 20 fucking years, what the FUCK is hollywood doing?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KEeFNvvR-ng
youtube.com/watch?v=SJKvE3tMIPs
youtube.com/watch?v=W_V1iDGIbWE&t=4m27s
youtube.com/watch?v=kY8Jw7c53C0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Literally who

>You're my frieeeeeeend, I will defeeeeeend, and if we chaaaaaaaaange well I love you anywayyyyyyyyy

Laynetty never drew a dime compared to CHAD-co-BANE.

Layne died in 2002

EEEEEEEEEEEEENTO THUH FLAAAAAAAAAAAHHHUHHGEEEEEEHHHHNNN

SAAAYOLLTREEIIHWAAAAHHHBAAAACKTHEEEEEHHHHHHNNN

RIDIN' THROUGH THIS WORLDDDD DAADOODOOOO

My mom claims Layne had HIV. Interestingly enough the people who told her Layne had HIV were all people who knew Layne.

they should focus on the last months of Layne's life when he weighed 100lb and was cut off from everybody in his life apart from his dealers and never left his shit and piss filled apartment

Thank you, I didn't want to bother looking it up, but 20 years didn't sound right.

Very good song. Groovy bass riff, haunting vocals. AiC had some great iconic tunes and that's one of them.

COMPLETELY, UNIRONICALLY, GENUINELY HONESTLY
L I T E R A L L Y W H O?

Who knows? Dude was a recluse from 1997 until he died. They didn't even find his body for weeks. It must have been gross

literally me

Seriously, how did nirvana ever compete with shit like this?

youtube.com/watch?v=KEeFNvvR-ng

Besides a few songs Layne wasn't exactly knocking people's socks off.

Now a movie about Scott Weiland would be ok

>My mom claims Layne had HIV. Interestingly enough the people who told her Layne had HIV were all people who knew Layne.

Yeah, I'm sure that's how she knows

YEAH THEY COME TO SNUFF THE ROOSTER

Nirvana literally had like 3 famous songs, hell, most people don't even know that many, they generally only know smells like teen spirit

user I've got some bad news about your mom...

AiC>soundgarden>pearl jam>nirvana

Yeah, Layne was a great artist. He could sing live and AiC/Mad Season were both patrician as fuck

youtube.com/watch?v=SJKvE3tMIPs

Leonard Skinnard movie when

>wasn't exactly knocking people's socks off
>Scott Weiland
Jesus fucking Christ user.

Is Alice in Chains an unironically good band?

Beat me to it.

Normies don't know who layne is. Hell, they don't know what "grunge" even is. I used to love AIC personally but most people haven't heard of them (at least where I'm from) and nirvana was just a superior band.

yes

Yes, but for some reason they were never as big as Nirvana despite being a better band. There's no good reason for that either. I guess the world got itself in a big damn retarded

Oldfag here, what a shitty time to be alive

Weiland was no stranger to heroin either. They managed to make 3.5 good albums before the muse quit him.

For what it's worth the man fronted the Doors and the remnants of Guns n Roses.

i don't know about you but aic probably one of the more popular bands out there. every non-braindead teen knows who layne is.

Listen to a few of their songs and find out for yourself

But honestly, I think a very large majority of their songs are good, or at the very least, solid and passable

We can all agree down in a hole is their best song right?

I'm from Alabama and in high school if you didn't listen to rap or country exclusively you were considered strange by most people.

Good choice. The unplugged in New York album is worth a listen for good background music

The unplugged version of that song is superior than the studio version in my opinion

youtube.com/watch?v=W_V1iDGIbWE&t=4m27s

>nigger doesn't even black gives way to blue

I agree.

>unironically linking to a fucking fine bros. react video as an argumentative point

I don't really wanna watch that, did they know him?

they didnt.

Linkin park>>>>>

I like Over Now

they are one of my favorites, but even trying to look at it objectively their discography is very solid. they are heavier than nirvana, bordering metal but still grunge. very unique and 90% of their songs are great.

No

YYYYYYYYYEEEAAAAHHH HERE COMES THE ROOSTER OHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHH

are the 90s RETRO yet???

thank God, keep the memes away from good things

Yeah this honestly, I recently went through their entire studio discography recently and I found I was hard-pressed to find a song I actively didn't like, whereas bands like pearl jam and nirvana, I listened to several

Didn't think so. Kids are really missing out nowadays.

What are you talking about? That wasn't in the movie!

>the Doors and Guns n Roses
Two bands who were better than the singer, and always were. And don't give me any of that "Jim Morrison was a genius" shite.
Most people who say that have never listened to The Doors' entire collection. Honestly, it's just tiresome and does discredit to talent like Robby Krieger, John Densmore and Ray Manzarek. Everybody knows Morrison's name but he was the worst part of the group.
That could be why someone like Scott Weiland could replace him. Yeeeeuuuucccch.

solid choice. for me its i stay away, something about the song is so eerie. makes me feel like a little kid each time i listen to it.

Because Kurt was far more handsome and charismatic than Layne.

As much as Cobain claimed to hate the mainstream he profited the most from it

When I was 14-17 I really loved Pearl Jam, nirvana, and AiC but never got into soundgarden at all. Was it autism?

Tell me this fucking guy wouldnt be a decent Layne he looks just like him. Although I heard theres some dude from texas who also looks and and does his voice but Layne's mom said not to make anything.

TIL it's Layne Staley and not Lanes Daily.

AiC>STP>Audioslave>Soundgarden>Nirvana>Pearl Jam

Nutshell, Man in the Box, Junkhead, Rooster
Great choices by anons though, it's hard to pick a "best" song
Angry Chair doesn't get enough love imho

So the cops knew that internal affairs were setting them up?

Heh, Evenflow was two guaranteed #1 hits sandwiched by literal shit music.

Quit putting words in my mouth. The best part of the Doors imo was their music and not Morrison's stream of consciousness bs.

Weiland was the last great rock star bro.

i think its their blues-infused metal. cantrell was a one of a kind guitar player, even when it came to the technical aspects like finding tones (listen to nutshell solo). he and laynes voice combined had a truly "haunting" melody, as billy corgan described it. they showcased tons variation while staying within a specific mood.

I stay away is their best.

Kurt was a soft-spoken skeletal beta bitch who let himself get cucked a thousand times over

user...

or you're just braindead because you missed the best one

Compare

That's most probably because Alice In Chains fucking sucked ass

Yes.

Bleed the Freak is my favorite.

There is no way Nirvana is a superior band. Kobain was a power chord sperg.

AiC>PJ>nirvana

In terms of unplugged performance

>My dad works for Nintendo

Staley was a lot more private than Cobain, there's not much material out there to build a biopic of him on.

>guy had a fucked up upbringing, eventually reconciled with his dad through their shared fondness for heroin
>guy's ex-fiancee had as much of a drug addiction as he did and was forced to prostitute herself for drug money towards the end of her life in the mid 90s
>when the guy's ex-fiancee died, he completely gave up on being a functional member of society and spent a decade shooting up heroin, playing videogames and working on art projects that never left his house before dying

That's pretty much all that is known about Layne.

"no"

>tfw I will never hang out with layne, play video games all day and convince him to stop doing heroin

The demo Bleed the Freak sounded better than the album version, same for We Die Young
Come to think of it We Die Young is my favourite AiC song

>when the guy's ex-fiancee died, he completely gave up on being a functional member of society and spent a decade shooting up heroin, playing videogames and working on art projects that never left his house before dying

If you play it right this could be bleak kino

>film is based on his final months, as he slowly goes closer and closer to death
>his story is told in flashbacks

I have no idea, aside from conspiracy theories, and his relationship with Courtney Love. AIC was a better band than Nirvana, Layne was a better singer and AIC is just overall way more interesting to listen to. Nirvana is a phase and if you're older than 16 and still consider Nirvana your favorite band that's just terrible

>tfw have the same negative eye tilt as layne

No Excuses is the best AiC song to me. It has every single element that made AiC a cut above the rest
>that opening drum kick
>that bluesy laid back chord progression
>Layne and Jerry harmonizing perfect tone
>lyrics about brotherhood and forgiveness and feeling sad but it's OK
>simple but effective guitar solo

Because he's an ugly uncool irrelevant talentless fuck

Layne was in such a bad state for those past few years, I doubt anyone would want to see a remotely accurate view of what he was like. I'm from Seattle and I had ties to the music scene; lots of rumors spread about what Layne looked like and how bad he'd gotten, including stuff about missing fingers, cysts, and other deformities.

After he died, news came out that once a week he would hang out in the bar he lived above. It was news because no one ever recognized him. That's how fucked up he was.

Jerry what are you doing dude?youtube.com/watch?v=kY8Jw7c53C0

He's really not a very interesting guy. Mediocre lyricist, poor vocalist, couldn't write music or play any instruments, just kind of a typical drug user, really.

Fucking love that song. Those opening drums somehow feel really relaxed, and that shimmery guitar after., it's gorgeous

This guy will play Jerry, yes? I think he can do it.

The black guy they replaced him with makes me want to die

he stinks, and he's also a Sanders supporter but that's neither here nor there.

I challenge everyone in this thread who thinks STP is good to a duel to the death.

No mention of Love Hate Love? That's easily my favorite song by them. Layne was such a brilliant and emotive singer. Listen to that song for proof.

>tfw all your heroes are dead and modern music is complete trash

Reminder that Cobain and Cornell are canonized forever and up there with the beatles, zeppelin, etc. This loser is only remembered by his retarded fans

You just have shit taste in music bro, it's ok

>I challenge everyone in this thread who thinks STP is good to a duel to the death.
Yo. Saw Scott Weiland 4 times (3 with Velvet Revolver, 1 with STP), consider him the most versatile male vocalist of the 90s.

State your case.

THIS. Why the fuck is Nirvana so popular among normies? (although they can probably only name two songs from them)

Is it because of the drama surrounding Cobaine's marriage, his handsome looks, suicide at young age? Was Cobaine the equivalent of a 90s Kardashian?

Anyone like bush?

>Kardashians haven't killed themselves yet

You did fine for a teenage lad.

Smells like teen spirit blew WAY the fuck up and became one of those ubiquitous one hit wonders that everyone knows about because of its use as a staple soundtrack of the "90's"

Also merchandise out the ass