What is the creationists argument to dinosaur bones?

What is the creationists argument to dinosaur bones?

Other urls found in this thread:

gallup.com/poll/155003/hold-creationist-view-human-origins.aspx
pewforum.org/Science-and-Bioethics/Religious-Differences-on-the-Question-of-Evolution.aspx
theguardian.com/science/2009/feb/01/evolution-darwin-survey-creationism
spiegel.de/international/zeitgeist/contesting-evolution-european-creationists-take-on-darwin-a-609712.html
blogs.discovermagazine.com/badastronomy/2008/12/23/creationists-infect-europe/#.U746q_ldUZw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Big horses that Jesus rode

Placed by Satan to tes your faith.

>this literally killed the Christian

put there to test faith
and/or theres a verse about giant land and sea creatures in genesis

God created dinosaurs. Holy shit that was easy

The official position is that dinosaurs existed pre-Flood, but could not adapt to the changed climate post-Flood and died out.

Not all Christians are creationists just like not all Jews are creationists and not all Hindus believe Shiva's urine created their local river. Religion should be cherry picked, I'm so sorry if this makes it difficult for lazy atheists to can arguments.

>literally
You appear to be using that word wrong.

This is why people can't respect you guys. The mental gymnastics between your members is absurd. How the fuck can one of you say this, another one believe that, then the preacher says what to do instead all while holding three separate beliefs.

>Not all Christians are creationists

lol wut. The first few words of the Christian bible is a creation story.

they are oddly shaped rocks

um... I'm Australian

Which you only straw man Christians for believing word for word despite every other Abrahamic religion sharing it.

Whatever, everyone intelligent knows that story was potentially an oral tradition for thousands of years. It's unlikely to be accurate to the original story let alone how the earth was actually created.

>call yourself Christian/Jewish/Muslim
>don't believe things in your holy book

Wouldn't that technically make you a non-believer? Is God's word fallible?

My coworker says that scientist made it all up for grant money. Yup, all Dino bones are fake, probably made of plastic. Take that, science

So you're saying you can choose what parts of your religion you want to follow? Doesn't that sound sinful, to reject part of the Holy Book?

>an atheist trying to lecture me on sinfulness
If you make a willing choice to believe then you are a true believer with genuine faith, this is stronger than if you dogmatically believe everything you were told without any scepticism and much stronger than dogmatically disbelieve everything due to an association with whatever negative connotations you can summon as a straw man.

But in future, you will shut the fuck up when talking about faith, because you have none.

Who cares?
It's an irrelevant non-argument over trivia.
We got along JUST fine for thousands of years without believing in evolution, conquered the whole damn world even, but now somehow not accepting evolution is some kind of civilization ending deal-breaker.

This isn't actually about science.
This is about Fedora's being butthurt that their cult hasn't fully replaced Christianity as the religious foundation for America.

The Bible is the Holy Book. It is God's Word. If you don't believe in God you're not a Christian, and if the Bible is the Word of God, then not believing in the Bible makes you not a Christian.

>But in future, you will shut the fuck up when talking about faith, because you have none.
Only if you do the same when talking about logic, for the same reason.

end result we all sit silently in our own safe spaces

>pretending to be a Christian
Weak.

Just because something is the word of God does not necessarily mean it's true on absolutely every level by absolutely every interpretation in absolutely every way. That's both impossible, ridiculous and no child God could be proud of would ever blindly accept that or forsake the intelligence granted by God.

This is my own belief and that makes it a genuine belief. Dogmatism is not genuine belief, it's accepting someone else's belief and is thus disingenuous. You might as well be an atheist.

Wait so you're saying that God lied? You're disobeying God knowingly? I'm not sure if God would like that his Child is telling him to go fuck himself...

>the explanation for life on Earth and everything about it is "trivia"

Lmao

Fucking christcucks. You might as well be a fuckin flat earther.

its just banter,
geez lighten up friendo

Just imagine creationism like it's the matrix. But instead of a machine, God did it.

No, you slippery slope serpent, I'm saying you're an idiot.

More or less, atheists are just easy. Most of them aren't genuine atheists, and by that I mean their reasoning or justification is just cookie cutter appeal to some atheist authority. This makes them weak opponents.

If you're going to argue, actually believe what you're saying.

The use of the word "behemoth" in the bible.

>I defeated religion with idiotic syllogisms
>I am 13 years old

The Bible was not written by God. It was written by men. God, by it's very nature is so far beyond human comprehension that no man could ever possibly hope to understand it.

So, the Bible. Written by God? No. Inspired by God, absolutely. Imagine, if you will, a supreme being that is literally incomprehensible to you, trying to funnel a bit of what he wants you to know through a four pound blood soaked sponge in your head. Some shit is gonna get lost in translation. It would be like trying to explain the difference between n and ñ to a toddler. They look the same, but represent very different sounds, and pronunciations.

Basically, the Bible is the word of God according to what little sense man can make of God.

Catholics don't care about that creation story. The only part of the jew testament we care about are the psalms. The rest of that kike shit is for Protestant fundies such as Methodists, Lutherans, Southern Baptists, etc. as well as Scottish Rite Freemasonry

>Just because something is the word of God does not necessarily mean it's true
If it's not true it's false. If God says this, and you say that what he's saying is false, that means you're saying he lied.

>by absolutely every interpretation
What are you talking about? What other interpretation is there to "In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth?"

I don't care if god exists. He's not worth believing in.

If the Bible isn't the word of God but of man, why should we follow it at all?

wat

He's incompetent. He doesn't care about us. His rules impose upon my free will, even if I choose not to break them. He created everything to suffer.

I'd rather go to hell than submit to a piece of shit like him.

As I said, written by man, and inspired by God. It is up to each and every believer to parse out what they believe is God's message in all of it. Only an idiot would take the stories in the bible to be literal truth.

For example, in the bible, it says God created the world in six days and took a nap on the seventh (I'm paraphrasing here). How long is one of God's days? Is the seven day thing a metaphor for several (14 billion) years? It it a way for early man to cope with the fact that he literally cannot wrap his head around timescales that large? Who is to say?

suffering is probably better than the alternative
but I wouldn't know

Why misquote me out of context? Your interpretation, or rather the interpretation you wish for me to accept so you can change proxies and go "uhhuh, caught you being irrational" is what's false.

Again, it's you that is false. I'm saying you are the liar or the idiot, your choice.

>What other interpretation is there to "In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth?"
Anything from skywizard taking dumps and moulding it into planets to simply that there was a consciousness inherent in the beginning stages of the universe.

Because SOME of it has wisdom. If everyone loved their neighbour society would be at worst a saccharine sweet reality where simply having a bad day makes you a bad person.

But there'd still be no gangsta tuff gaiz.

>If it's not true it's false. If God says this, and you say that what he's saying is false, that means you're saying he lied.

Jesus explicitly thought in parables you colossal retard. Stories don't have to be literally true to teach a true lesson. Most people understand that before they enter pre-k. Sorry to hear about your stunted development.

How do you distinguish between the wisdom and the non-wisdom in general?

That they're only 4000 years old kek

What's the alternative? Heaven?

There's no sin in heaven. Without sin, there's no free will. If free will is a gift, then why is stripping it away a better one? Why not kill yourself and save the trouble of being tempted away from the faith?

How do you know which parts of the Bible to take? If God is so far out of our comprehension why in the world would he give a fuck about what we do?

being able to distinguish is wisdom

>Is God's word fallible?
There are HUGE mental gymnastics to justify all of this, but if you call yourself atheist, you are inmediately labeled as an edgy teenager (even if no one in this board is really christian).

Sort of a cop-out there m8.

I meant non-existence. but that's a fair argument.

>How do you
>you
Hole in one.

Faith is your responsibility. It is your responsibility to distinguish wisdom, that's part of defining who you are and essentially being a genuine person. If you fail to take responsibility for yourself, you are little more than a child.

How would non-existence be worse?

You don't know, that's the big secret, you just have to try as best you can. And just because he's beyond OUR comprehension doesn't mean that we're beyond his. You love your dog, and your dog loves you back. Your dog can't comprehend why you go to work in the morning. He doesn't understand that you work to pay the bills, giving him a nice warm place to sleep and food for him to eat. Yet, he's grateful for it and knows that somehow, you're doing this for him, even if he doesn't understand the specifics or reasons behind it.

Could you distinguish said wisdom and take responsibility for yourself without being religious?

Are you asking who created the bones?

I don't know. I try and convince myself the going up is worth the coming down.

wtf i hate sponges now

How is that out of context? You're backtracking, you literally said that not all of the Word of God is true. How could someone omniscient tell Man wrong?

They lived 6,000 years ago

PLEASE ANSWER THIS

When did the dinosaurs die out according to creationists? During the great flood?

Dinosaurs are called dragons in the Bible.
/thread

Everywhere the word "dragon" appears in the Bible it is clarified within the same sentence or the next one that it's talking about Satan, also using the word "serpent"

>he's grateful for it and knows that somehow, you're doing this for him.
No, dogs have an old instinct of living in packs, and he sees you as an alfa dog, it's just their brains programed to think that way (as cat brains programed to think in an other way).
Dogs don't have free will to feel or think whatever they want about their owners, and neighther do we about life in general.

It was an oversimplified analogy to illustrate a point. We're discussing the nature of man and God, not dogs. Thanks for the input though.

Cool. OP therefore is still an idiot. Also. What kind of animal has a tail like a cedar tree? Inb4 a sloth. Lmfao. A brontisaurus more like

honestly, how much of "dinosaur bones" is just paper mache

I see this girl all the time, whats her name?

Prolly the whole thing. Just like their religion

>comic sans
Not Christian, but these edits are hot garbage. They aren't even effective strawmen.
Please try to make better content in the future.

Fake, planted, dinos lived with humans during the creation of earth, dinos were in the ark, faith testers. Etc

>"Strawmen"

gallup.com/poll/155003/hold-creationist-view-human-origins.aspx

46% of Americans hold creationist views. As Christians are 75-80% of Americans the subset of American Christians that hold creationist views is around 60~%. (The question was worded: “Do you believe that all life on Earth appeared in its present form some time within the last 10,000 years?”)

>”But that’s just Protestants and Baptists”

pewforum.org/Science-and-Bioethics/Religious-Differences-on-the-Question-of-Evolution.aspx

Catholicism: 35% creationists

>”Lol, stupid Americans!”

theguardian.com/science/2009/feb/01/evolution-darwin-survey-creationism
spiegel.de/international/zeitgeist/contesting-evolution-european-creationists-take-on-darwin-a-609712.html
blogs.discovermagazine.com/badastronomy/2008/12/23/creationists-infect-europe/#.U746q_ldUZw

Now what?

We wuz dino-riders and shiet.

You can believe or disbelieve anything in a genuine fashion provided you can safely say it is you who made that choice. Free will isn't just an pragmatism against determinate nihilism, it's an ideal that must be sought.

My issue is that many atheists are just following an appeal to authority, that is they've accepted that atheism is some sort of "intelligent" choice rather than what necessarily works for them.

And then they deny themselves so much of what previous human minds have to offer. I can say certainly, Bach's music would be very different if he were an atheist.

That's still a minority considering how benign creationism is against other forms of religious extremism.

Trips of ultimate truth.

>That's still a minority considering how benign creationism is against other forms of religious extremism.

60% is not a minority.

The Omphalos hypothesis, which can only be responded to with empty rhetoric!
Observe!

>35% of Catholics
No fucks should be given to protestants because their views were always going to become increasingly radical without a central authority limiting them.

>cucklics
Lol.

Catholicism is not the only kind of Christianity.

>No fucks should be given to protestants

According to Catholics. Boy molesting faggots who are too stupid to realize they are in a cult.

That carbon dating is hugely inaccurate and cannot be trusted to measure the age of dinosaur bones.

>vague survey
In other news, 9/10 posters think praceteom is the faggiest trip fag on Sup Forums.

More strawmen? More strawmen!

I've never assaulted a child, thank you very much.

God put them there as a prank or alternativly god killed them during the flood for being degenerates

>that Pew poll
>vague survey
L
O
L

>I've never assaulted a child, thank you very much.

They all say this. Anyway your tithing funds the relocation and protection of child molesters, necessarily.

The OP quite clearly said "creationists", they made it perfectly clear that was the specific kind of christian/jew/muslim they were talking about. Can you not read?

Christianity has been shattered into a mess of broken pieces all tailored to individual relgious leaders and con men.

There are also different theories from christian """""""scientists""""""" that vary by textbook.

Meanwhile other groups trust science and understand that stories in the bible can be regarded as fairy tales

Easy, they lived with humans in the beginning and were called behomoth's

Demarcate science for us senpai?

Edge

>My issue is that many atheists are just following an appeal to authority,
Appeal to what authority exactly? Kind of a weird argument for a religious person to use given 99% of your arguments could be classified as appeals to authority ("but the bible says!").

>that is they've accepted that atheism is some sort of "intelligent" choice rather than what necessarily works for them.
Or maybe they've reached the conclusion that it's the most logical option, that it makes sense more then the alternatives? Why does it always have to be about some sense of superirity with you guys when it comes to atheists rather then just simple garden variety decision making like you do literally every day of your life. If I decide to wear jocks instead of boxers it's not necessarily because I think wearing jocks makes me a superior human being. How can you not get this?

"Logical" is not the correct term there. At all.
Believing there exists a God is in no way less logical than believing there isn't.
Like most people who don't know a lick of philosophy, you seem to utilize that word as more synonymous with "palatable". But nobody really cares about your palate.

THEY LIVED WITH HUMANS
THEN THE FLOOD HAPPENED AND THEY DIED
END OF STORY

Because you're more likely to say it's the logical position rather than explain why you believe it's the logical position and if you did I could almost entirely be assured that reasoning would apply equally against yourself.

>Kind of a weird argument for a religious person to use given 99% of your arguments could be classified as appeals to authority
Straw man and incredulous fallacy in one.

I am my own person with my own beliefs that I willingly chose to accept. If I were comparable to ""99%"" (yeah, and 99% of the shit you pull from your ass stinks including that statistic) of religious people, I wouldn't be me and I'd simply be nothing more than a religious person.

Likewise, you are nothing more than an atheist. If you can't justify your beliefs past that it's "logical" or simply "your choice," you're not arguing. You're not forming opinions, you're not reaching anything deeper, you're yet another nihilistic atheist that thinks he can win the argument by shutting down the argument via false allusions to "logic" or it being merely your choice. No, it's not your choice, not until you have strong reasoning.

>you seem to utilize that word as more synonymous with "palatable". But nobody really cares about your palate.
This too shuts down the conversation, it is nihilism. You can't say "it's just how I feel" and expect to win an argument.

dinosaurs had some trap dinosaurs but they were faggots so the died

the end

ive never seen one so they dont exist

>christcucks
lol

>You can't say "it's just how I feel" and expect to win an argument
That's an implicit premise, yes. Trying to fool people by simply calling something "logical" when, in reality, you're completely misusing that term just to try and evoke an emotional response in favor of your position is horridly dishonest or else inexcusably ignorant.

Search Christ-chan

The same as global warming cultists' argument to satellite temperature records.