So I started watching this because it's always talked about positively here

So I started watching this because it's always talked about positively here.
I'm two episodes in and both have made me want to blow my brains out, it's so shit.
Terrible acting, ridiculous melodrama, every second scene is someone crying an wailing for the entire scene, bland visuals and disjointed direction.
What's the appeal? Is it because it has David Lynches name at the start and end of each episode?

Plebs need not apply, faggot.

just curious, do you LYNCHED fags think the man is infallible? or do you just like the meme

just because something is bad to you doesnt mean it is the others, that's the "appeal". grow up

I'm just asking what the redeeming qualities I'm missing are, seeing as it's so beloved. Like I said, im only two eps in and about to start the third, but those have been two of the roughest episodes of television I've ever sat through.

your opinion is wrong but I will respect it

Twin Peaks is just a meme. Don't bother watching, it's actually shit.
You didn't like it this far, don't waste more time- simple.

It's not for you. Don't force it upon yourself. The first two episodes are television gold.

It took me three times of re-watching the first episodes. Just stick through it. It grows on you and its really worth it.

it's just not something that appeals to you, I mean I feel the complete opposite way about your criticisms. If you're not hooked (or at the very least interested) by the end of the episode you're about to watch then I would just drop it

Different strokes for different folks I guess? Personally I didn't like the first couple of episodes either, but it's started to grow on me a little. I respect your opinion

If I have to sit through one more scene with this bitch...

The first two episodes are a chore, but it starts to pick up later.

(kind of like breaking bad, the first few episodes weren't very good and even in the last season, if that kid said "dad, talk to me!" one more time I'd run my head into a wall)

That being said... of course it's awful. Of course it's weird. That's part of the appeal.

Of course to put in context, remember that this was on TV when there were only 3 real networks, and TV was far more normal than it is now.

>unironically shittalking our girl

first two episodes are grounding you in reality so that the surreal stuff is special and not just consistently weird.

inb4 "you need to watch X amount of episodes before it gets good".

These people will come OP. Ignore them. It's automatically shit and they're just bullshiting you.

It was good with the pilot to begin with though.

I've experienced this before though, where a show clicks a few episodes in, which is why i'm willing to stick it through one or two more episodes, maybe i'll get it by then.

1.) It's funny and the supernatural stuff is pretty cool and well shot.
2.) The whole show isn't directed by Lynch. Some episodes were directed by Mark Frost and Diane Keaton.

Damn...
How do you get LYNCHED in the most accessible season?

All episodes of Twin Peaks season 1 are magnificent. If OP doesn't like them, then he's not gonna like the show and he certainly won't survive season 2.

I think it's the type of show that only certain type of people like.

There just something to it, you'll either love it or hate it

Idk what it is

I'm im the same boat as OP. I tried it like a year ago and hated it. Found Sup Forums now trying again. The first few episodes are pretty fucking hard to watch because of the melodrama and the acting, but it gets a lot better. Half way through the 2nd season now and I like it way more.