>that wonder woman
jesus christ
more like maniac cop remake: the flick

Honestly, yeah. That fucking sucks

D list straight to dvd if this was 2002

>Not even introduced to half the characters yet
>Making Justice League
honestly a terrible idea, I don't know why they're rushing like this

I don't have to to know it's too much too soon. We don't know Aqua-Man, Cyborg, or Flash, yet now they're all best buddies?

A Justice League movie shouldn't be introducing the fucking characters for the first time.

Flash need friend

this

If you can't establish something as simple friendships being formed over the span of one movie, and think you need multiple movies to achieve that, you have failed as a storyteller

Did Bruce Timm introduce who Wonder Woman, Martian Manhunter, Flash, and Green Lantern were before doing Justice League? Nope he didn't. You can just introduce them in a team movie and give them their own movies later. I would assume you're just baiting but people really are too retarded to remember things that happened before 2012.

These are complex heroes that require more than just two hours of screentime to form a believable friendship and motivation to be a team. You can't just have one scene were they all meet up, shake hands and go save the day together.

DC are just being impatient and trying too hard to "catch up" with Marvel.

Because they're cartoons made for babies, so decent storytelling isn't high on the agenda.

>we need 4 movies at least to believe some guys can be friends

You've been feed so much shit by Marvel you've grown to like it

No, coming together is the plot of the movie. Who they are should've been established in previous movies. We're going to get at lest three origin stories crammed into one movie on top of the already bloated story it's going to be telling anyway.

DC is so out of touch

If it was made into a movie you'd whine about Martian Manhunter's story in it being too grim.

will never unsee

It wouldn't be made into a movie because no-one gives a fuck about Martian Manhunter, which is why he's not even in Justice League.

Yeah Seven Samurais was such a piece of shit, Kurosawa more like Hackosawa am I right?

I haven't seen it so I can't comment on it's quality, but I do know storytelling was far superior decades ago than it is today.

i don't remember the justice league being exactly friends

>have years of X-Men movies already showcasing the full team with ensemble casts
>in fact, it was X-Men that kicked off Marvel's capeshit movies back in 2000
>but now it is unreasonable to have ensemble cast capeshit team movies unless there have been years of individual films with forced quips and pop culture references in them prior

>introduced no characters yet
>X-Men still revitalized the superhero genre in 2000
Underage brainlets get out

>implying MCU movies have better stories and character development than Bruce Timm's Award-winning series

Them not knowing each other and being forced into a confrontation unprepared and developing a sort of trench mentality sounds kind of awesome to me. Them doing well against foot soldiers and getting rekt by Steppenwolf is exactly what needs to happen.

How is it different from the Avengers? None of theme knew each other before their movie, yet were best friends by the end.

>These are complex heroes that require more than just two hours of screentime to form a believable friendship and motivation to be a team. You can't just have one scene were they all meet up, shake hands and go save the day together.
Sounds like your pleb ass just hasn't seen any men on a mission movie before.

I haven't noticed before, but why is Bats looking overall bigger than Cyborg?

They just need one night getting drunk together and there is your friendship.

Cybor is on his normal mode. He will go Steppenwolfbuster mode during final act.

Batman is in the very front and Cyborg is in the very back. That's on top of Batman wearing bulky armor.

Thanks

my god it looks so bad. i feel shame just looking at this.

Ben looks like Nite Owl in that shot

Bad CGI and Twink Flash: The Flick

How can there be
>forced friendship
but also
>chemistry
?

Surely you meant "forced friendship and NO chemistry", right?

Flash's suit looks so damn stupid.

>yet now they're all best buddies

Nobody's saying they are. They're comrades at arms.

>I haven't seen Seven Samurais
this is the new Sup Forums
fuck this board full of 12 year olds

Thor..I mean Aquaman and The Flash have no backstory, good storytelling would be to establish them as characters first then move on to establishing friendships. When The Avengers came along all the characters, even the minor ones were already established.

I've never read DC comics besides Batman, I have no idea what The Flash and Aquaman are like personality wise and I doubt JL can do a good job filling in their backstories and tell how the JL is formed

Gal Gadot has such amazing screen presence wow and she totally doesn't look like a skinny kike rat with a horrible face and can't act

What do you need to know about the Flash other than how he got his powers and his father is in prison? It can be established in one scene. Aquaman can be even mroe easily established since Atlantians have a role to play in the movie. You are just retarded.

I bet this pleb doesn't even realise that the X-Men comics predate the Wolverine character by fucking years.

If you don't get movies to set up the different types of worlds and magic, people will disconnect and stop caring about the movie

Thanks annon, now I know everything I need to since all people with fathers in prisons have the same personalities and motivations. That still doesn't help me with Aquaman though because I have no idea what Atlantians are like though

You must be right because her movie is crushing marlel as we speak

do you have a single fact to back that up?

The only characters they focused on were Professor X, Wolverine, and Magneto. The rest of the characters were just used to tell those 3 stories until first class came and they actually developed Mystique and Beast. What does the audience know about the rest of the mutants besides their powers?

Cyborg, Flash, and Aquaman are supposed to be major characters. You can call me a marvelcuck all you want but more is known about Hawkeye and Black Widow, two minor characters in the franchise, than what is currently known about Flash and Aquaman

where's Superman

nigga dead

There's a rumor that John Cheese is playing Deathstroke's butler.

>Hawkeye: S.H.I.E.L.D. operative and family man.
>Black Widow: S.H.I.E.L.D. operative, Russian defector trained from childhood as an assassin.

>The Flash: geeky speedster, bit of a fanboy, starstruck by the Batman
>The Aquaman: secretive outcast, elite-class berserker, bit of a non-joiner, surprisingly perceptive and witty.

And we haven't even seen the movie yet.

Oh please let this happen, based Lords of Kino.

>Cherubism
Looking at xrays and scans of this shit is so satisfying

I still cant get over how small and thin Cyborg is. Why did they feel the need to do that? It's not like there is less CGI involved in this mess than it would take to recreate Teen Titans Cyborg 1:1 fe

flash was in super man tas

>Hawkeye and Black Widow have a close working relationship throughout the films
>Black Widow has different relationships w/ Tony Stark and Captain America across films
Meanwhile, in the JL trailers the only thing besides the Flash's powers you see is he is starstruck of batman, I can't tell if he's a geek or not and I suspect that statement was made with prior knowledge from the comics/actor interviews. For Aquaman the only thing that really holds for the trailer is the elite class berserker, I don't recall the secretive outcast in the trailer although that is prior knowledge from the comics. I'll give you witty, and I would say Batman is the non-joiner

It sort of showcases how little of his body is left, how little his strength and resilience relies on bulk, and it gives him somewhere to go.

I base his geekiness off his cobbled-together array of computers and vid displays in his house/mancave.

He looks tiny and fragile, I don't care about how strong he is. If a little girl has the power to lift up cars and smash buildings then thats impressive and cool, but if the Cyborg who always looked bulky and strong looks small and fragile but is STILL strong, then that breaks my immersion.

>secretive outcast
He is angry that Bruce Wayne has sought him out. He comes on the kingtide, meaning he doesn't live in that fishing village. Whether he's an outcast by choice or not is really the only thing we don't know.

Captain America: TFA

Everybody agrees that it is actually a fantastic movie until the ultimate shitshow that is the last act. In the last act, there was no setup to the alien magic. So we are led to believe there is a super science serum that makes people peak human AND then there are alien lazors. Most people stop caring about the movie the moment the super nazis start shooting lazors to the alies.

This is the original forced friendship capeshit film.

I don't watch capeshit
who is the crumpled-tin-foil-man in the middle?

Yeah, and the MCU's been retconning their asses off ever since, the biggest of which comes courtesy of Dr. Strange.

Iron Man.

>A Justice League movie shouldn't be introducing the fucking characters for the first time.

nigguh they had no reason to team up in the first place.

Also who the fuck wants to go trough a cycle of 8 years with superhero origins marvel did that already and it was a snoozefest.

Go watch justice league war, its doable.

youtube.com/watch?v=twuqPJC1RiA

youtube.com/watch?v=fOcC1y-9aeU

youtube.com/watch?v=SdhRpNjJNJ0

Anyway my point is that you dont need to know their background to acknowledge them fighting for a cause. Darkseid sending steppenwolf is the second world threatening event after Zod, however flash according to justice league got his powers after that event and wonder woman was on the other side of the world and batman retired. While aquaman was walking around the surface which will get explained in the aquaman movie.

If you saw Thor you wouldn't be too confused, even if you didn't see Thor instead of thinking it was alien magic you would just think it was Norwegian God magic, not too much to get confused about

And this was a rather obscure comic before the movie came out. The characters aren't really that fleshed out besides Star Lord

Black Iron Man you cuck

Only now, the Asgardians are openly referring to themselves as gods for some reason.

>Also who the fuck wants to go trough a cycle of 8 years with superhero origins marvel did that already and it was a snoozefest.

Iron Man and Captain America were pretty good, besides what Marvel did was brilliant. The Avengers were the B-stars of Marvel, doing the solo films was able to build up the team. Once they executed The Avengers film, they were able to make profitable sequels of these characters and even make films on very obscure characters (Antman, GOTG) with the knowledge they would eventually team up with The Avengers

Fucking. This.

You guys do realize that needing 7 movies for set up to get us to care about a character is a clear sign of BAD movie making right? People cared more for some anonymous soldier in Dunkirk than for Captain America after 9000 movies. That nigguh is getting killed off and no one is going to care

I've gotten less than two minutes of dialogue out of Barry and I already like him more than meme Raccoon.

Standard capeshit quipping really impresses you that much? Jesus Christ, no wonder these movies get such a high score on RT. The bar is set so low.

Iron Man, Thor, and to some extent Captain America weren't mainstream comic characters. On top of this, the pre-MCU Hulk movie wasn't that good (the MCU one wasn't either). Marvel didn't need to make those movies for The Avengers to be profitable, but they needed to in order to make it one of the top grossing films of all time

I am watching a movie, not a series

>bloated story

Autism speak for, "please use smaller words and talk slower".

What's the situation with the composer?

Is Elfman using Zimmer/JunkieXLs themes or is he starting from scratch? JunkieXL said he was pretty far along with JL before being pulled, so is all that just getting binned?

Elfman is fine, but he's been a bit crap in recent years and I liked the oppressing atmosphere the Zimmer/JunkieXL created in BvS, and the rearranging of the music in WW was done fantastically.

What a ridiculous thing to say.

James Gunn thinks friendships form when strangers who barely know each other share personal details about their life in awkward moments in the story. Everything in a movie happens in about a week. You're telling people who started out with the intention of killing/capturing each other are great friends/family after a week?

>Also who the fuck wants to go trough a cycle of 8 years with superhero origins marvel did that already and it was a snoozefest.

Marvel took four years to set up their core characters and then produced the greatest (and highest grossing) comic book cinematic event in history. Man of Steel to Justice League has also taken four years. Marvel is just better at this.

>Batman is fine with all of them despite throwing a tantrum about muh 1 percent chance one movie before
Did they all tell him their mothers are named Martha so he'd shut up?

You do realise that the story has been condensed from a two parter into one movie, with a new director coming in to film a further 20-40 minutes of extra footage, right? It'll be a miracle if this isn't a bloated mess.

>You do realise that the story has been condensed from a two parter into one movie,
Factually untrue, because Darkseid isn't the enemy.

They rely on each other cheat death together numerous times, they empathize about each others similar traumatic pasts, save each other and then the entire galaxy as well. It's ridiculous to argue that something like that wouldn't create a strong bond.

>Factually untrue, because Darkseid isn't the enemy.
Yes he is.

Is he the focus? Because that's what he is in JL2

All of the bonding scenes are forced and awkward. Be it Gamora's conversation with Starlord in prison or Rocket Racoon's outburst about being an experiment.

It's not natural and it happens too fast.

Forced Friendship: The Scene

So what is so confusing about the tesserect's power? It is explicitly stated in the first five minutes of the movie it came from Norwegian Gods

That's because you haven't seen the movie, you fucking buffoon. You expect that post equates to a three hour long movie? Amd why would you even know about the characters before having watched the movie? That's some really retarded logic, you dumb nigger.

>Why would you even know about characters before having watched the movie
Why the hell would I want to watch a movie about Batman, WW, and Supes teaming up with 3 people I don't know?

It's not just standard quipping, though. It sort of hints at something I hope is present in the film - that Barry himself is a low-esteem sort of guy who's in awe of what's happening and what he can do.

No one knew about those blue guys from Avatar and it made almost twice as much as Avengers

what a coincidence

The same way Batman v Superman was supposed to be cerebral?