What was the point of the aliens and the supernatural jew?

What was the point of the aliens and the supernatural jew?

They were both hallucinations, obviously.

The real problem with the show is the obsession with tying up every storyline in the final episode.

Aliens were interested in why a bunch of natives were killing each other. Supernatural jew was giving a nod to whichever producer paid the most money.

both the aliens and the supernatural jew were seen by different people though, so they were clearly real

>The real problem with the show is the obsession with tying up every storyline in the final episode

>he's a Lost/Leftovers guy

Disguising terrible writing under the guise of "symbolic ambiguity".

People claim to have had shared hallucinations before.

Lost is shit and I haven't seen Leftovers because that sounds like shit too.

The Aliens represented a fear of the future, something each and every character in season 2 had. This is set up by Carter saying "crisis of confidence in our future" at the beginning of the season. It was only through accepting the reality of the future that certain characters were able to survive. I could go into more detail on each individual arc for each character if you like, but I'm honestly fairly certain that youre trolling.

Not even sure what Jew youre referring to, what actor are you talking about

This. Season 2 was great, but the alien/ufo stuff was portrayed in a really clumsy way in an attempt to feign some ''profound'' message.
True cringefest tbqh.

What's the point of anything in life?

I loved the part where the protagonist of the season was about to die and then a fear of the future came out of the sky and saved his life.

>Not even sure what Jew youre referring to, what actor are you talking about
he's talking about season 3

I mean if you cant get into a story with some magical realism and mythic imagery thats fundamentally grounded in the American Midwest that's fine, you just should probably not watch Fargo.

It's in that moment that everyone's fear of the future, Lous for his wife, the Gereharts' fear of the end of family crime syndicates come to a head. Ultimately, Lou is able to come to accept his fears will come true, so he manages to survive. Fargo's not a show rooted in realism. Its about myths, that's why the original film has so much Paul Bunyan imagery. Its more about bigger ideas like season one's exploration of the Midwest's toxic masculinity. Or season 3s exploration of truth in a heavily mediated world. Its full of nearly impossible things, because its not really trying to be realistic. And let me just tell you, it's okay if you didnt like it. But that's also not really an altogether interesting opinion grounded in anything other than personal preference

Was Varga Jewish?

Leland Palmer from Twin Peaks, he has the same name as "The Wandering Jew" myth and is clearly some sort of higher being

Im just gonna talk more about season 2 so I can expound upon its themes a little more.

The entire beginning of the season is from Rye Gerhardt not wanting to accept his future as the third in line to the family. He has a scheme to circumvent this by becoming the exclusive dealer of electronic typewriters in the region. These typewriters are described as space ships and its even said that Rye will rewrite his own future with them. This is blocked by a judge, munt, that has a freeze on his assets causing him to go extort and then kill her setting off the other plots of the season.

Peggy fears her husband's conception of their life in domestication. She's tempted by her own vision of the future being in Hollywood. She's also being introduced to feminism by a lesbian friend of hers who wants to abscond with her. These are all really good details that get the setting and theme right in my opinion.

Ed is a butcher who spends most of his day in monotony repeating "okay, then" which is I think supposed to also tie in to the theme of the future. Things are okay now, but what about the then. Then what? When his wife nearly kills a man and then he finishes the job in self defense his future is called into question causing yet another crisis.

The Gerherdts also lose their patriarch Otto to a stroke, a literal blockage much like the freezing of assests that happened to Rye, which also calls into question their future.

Dodd is a father to Simone who is struggling with her coming into her own personhood, and is eventually bested by a woman later on in the season, neatly tying into the secondary setting theme of feminism in the 1970s and the anxieties a misogynist would experience in that time period.

Lol, oh Ray Wise, duh. Yeah season 3 Im still unpacking, I dont really browse the reddit for Fargo so anything that they came up with I havent read and honestly didnt really understand on first viewing.

stuff ripped off from coens movies

Yeah I just finished it the other day, I'm still digesting it as well

Uhg this is the second least interesting argument against tbe show. Art references art. Star Wars isnt bad because it references Flash Gordon. 2001 isnt bad because it references an obscure Russian sci fi movie. You're handicapping your own enjoyment of things by assuming the Coens rip off nothing and are wholly original. Hawley is somewhat by the show's conceit, obligated to reference the Coens, but he uses them to synthesize these references into his own fairly original story with its own themes not present in the works it is taken from. Lynch borrows heavily from Francis Bacon's paintings, his work isnt bad because he does this.

Now that the second season had aliens and the third had Leland, can we accept that Billy Bob was some manner of devil?

That's a good analysis.

Mike Milligan is dreaming about his future, of claiming this territory and ruling it himself, but learns that such an arrangement only existed in the past. The future is sitting in a cubicle, and so the advancement he craved ends up being the opposite of what he really wanted.

no, the Wandering Jew was, the guest guy from Twin Peaks

homaged
also Coens are in the credits, so how is that ripp off

you mean overpowered? yes.

also there was some fish falling from the sky for /x/

The part where Swango looked into the kitten's eyes and said "Ray?" legit had me crying

Star wars is shit you fucking pleb

the whole scene.

Palmer? wtf is he doing right here?
>-i got something for you *pulls out a cat*
A CAT? lolwut?