worth the watch?

or should i just go see baby driver?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CijPquiUUf0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

nah its trash

go see emoji movie

better than TFA and RO combined

i heard its 3d effects heavy, as in, probably see in theaters if you want to see it ever

It was visually pleasing.
It reminded me of Avatar.
Story had me interested throughout.
Dane and Cara didn't bother me as much as I thought it would considering their both the leads.
I felt jokes of jokes were hit or miss but it didn't really deter me.
Overall, I'd say it's worth it, for the visuals alone.

visually it's stunning, you miss out if you don't watch it in cinema

I can't watch it just because I can't stand that eyebrow bitch face

what the fuck is wrong with you?

she's very cute in valerian, in a kind of rich cool kid kind of way

I really wanted to like it op and I had low expectations but I think I would have been fine waiting to see it at home and save the ten bucks.

what didn't you like about it user, or are just sad that there's no media hype around it and you can't even talk to with anyone about it?

If you can ignore the main characters then sure, they were easy the weakest link especially sarcasm cunt.

just watch the fan threatre cam

I don't know why Dane Dehaan chose to act using Edgar Mellencamp's voice and keanu Reeves delivery, it was very disturbing
youtube.com/watch?v=CijPquiUUf0

The leads are badly miscast. Dane is a good actor in the wrong role, Cara is just overall bad. If you really like seeing cool visuals in the theater it does look good but don't expect a good film.

>opie and anthony fan
get out you filth

YOU GET OUT, YAH PISSA GAHBAGE

Its an example of them casting based on looks rather than acting skills

can't say good actors would have saved it either though

>but don't expect a good film.
it's a fine film dude. Nothing worse than any new star wars or capeshit. The cast isn't that bad, they're not perfect, but they're not complete shit. The plot is fine, world building is superb, it's very cinematic and creative in it's presentation. So it doesn't deserve this shit, not in the least.

Clive Owen really looked like he'd rather be in any other movie than this, oh and some lisping or silly talking Asian officer was in it as well it all became fuzzy during the switch between countless deaths and slapstick humour with some Rihanna thrown into it all.

>Clive Owen really looked like he'd rather be in any other movie than this
there is nothing objective in this pleb statement.

I didn't think the romance made sense. I didn't buy Dane as some lady killer with 100 conquests and they really gave no reason why he would want to suddenly MARRY Cara instead of just banging her. Know what I mean? And what's with his obsession about marrying her anyway? It's a weird love story that isn't well written and the actors didn't pull it off. Since it's central to the film it really mars the whole thing. The action and visuals are neat though.

chronically it's not set in the usual "falling in love" period of a romance. Is it executed well? Heck no, Dane tried it best and wasn't awful, but he still didn't sell the part of a playboy or even a bad-ass. But at least even the romance is something novel, and I must applaud that, when every modern blockbuster has a paint by numbers script and execution.

I blame the casting and the writing really and not the actors. I feel like they could have given us a reason why Dane's character was so in love with her by adding just a scene or two or some lines, they really never explained it. He just really really wants to marry her, that's all we know.

Neither. Don't see either of them.

I agree. At least they were smart enough to not have tho whole film evolve around it, it's like they knew that part of the script was weak. I was also happy that rihanna didn't overstay her welcome, and I ended up enjoying her character because of that. Although her "off screen" death is maybe the most blatant and obvious narrative mistake of the whole movie.

but I still wouldn't call Valeraian a bad movie, not in a long shot.

Agreed, it definitely felt like "this is the part where we want Rihanna's character to stop being in the movie - okay I guess she died"
I would have preferred her to survive and end up being pals with them after they saved the universe and all that

>Giving (((them))) money

>being this poor

It sure is good goy in here

Wouldn't it be nice to be able to talk about simply seeing a movie without some autistic from Sup Forums turning it into some Jewish conspiracy?

It was great. Stupid dialogue at the end when they reveal the "twist," but a great visual entertainment.

Unfortunately Besson had a lot of costumes and concept art from 5th Element left over that he used.

>spend the entire movie breaking rules
>give a speech about him being a soldier and following rules when asked to hand over the converter

Why were they mean to the three little long nose information dudes? Yeah they're annoying but it seemed like they were overly hostile to them.

>why were people mean to the backstabbing information brokers that are always trying to swindle a dollar

really makes you think

How original