Amazing acting

>Amazing acting
>Beautiful visuals and cinematography
>Astounding musical score by Elliot Goldenthal
>Aesthetics were God-Tier

Why does Sup Forums hate on Alien 3 so much? Sure there were some moments of dodgy special effects, slightly slow pacing, some unrecognizable bald prisoners but who gives a fuck? Besides that Alien 3 is another Sci-fi Horror masterpiece! Why do you let these little things ruin the movie for you??

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wK8kK4hY6PA
youtube.com/watch?v=rHbBvuo4Yak
youtube.com/watch?v=teSGB2E57DQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I always thought the running alien was shitty CGI but when I found out how they did it I almost cum. Too bad the puppet looks so out of place in most of the scenes. Also, thank God Newt got killed.

I like Alien 3. Loved the closed in space. In any case, it a better showing than Prometheus and Covenant.

I wouldn't say it's as good as Covenant but DEFINITELY better than Prometheus!

Covenant? Good? Explain yourself.

Troll thread??

I love how you disagree with me on this :) makes me want to give you a face hug.

Covenant had good acting, special effects, amazing visuals, good monster KINO and good gory violent kills...unlike Prometheus.

fucking loved Alien 3, only plebs (and racist bastards) cannot into it

The people who dislike Alien 3 are basically retards that read other people shitting on the theatrical cut and then parrot them.

Alien > Alien 3 > Prometheus > Aliens = Resurrection = AVP > Covenant = AVPR.

Yeah it was immersive. The film felt short 'cause I forgot about the time when I was watching every frame of it.

It's more like Alien = Aliens = Prometheus > Alien 3 > Covenant > Resurrection >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> AVP*

>jumps out of molten lead
There were so many stupid things in this film but I yelled at my TV

>Alien = Aliens
No.

I prefer it over Aliens: RIIIIIIPLLLEYYYY. Although the way the direction the whole series went in is pretty boring. I would have rather had new aliens and biomechanical alien sexual horror stuff not just slight variation on the Xenomorph. The sequels have a huge lack of creativity.

Why couldn't it push itself off the ledge?

It doesn't have to have jumped up from the ground although the aliens have been shown to possess incredible strength and this one is a cow based alien

it's shit

no, you

Uh, why user? It was a entertaining and comfy Alien film.

Cameron's vision ruined the whole thing.

Alien > Prometheus > Alien 3 > Aliens >everything else. At least with Prometheus they had the balls to add new ideas.

ITT: We ironically describe a movie.
Agree OP, and you arent a faggot at all!

Even the Assembly cut is passable at best

Its actually:
Alien > Aliens > Prometheus > Covenant > Resurrection > Alien 3 > the other fanfiction movies

Alien 3 directors cut would have been perfect if they kept in the dog instead of the ox, and switched the ending to the theatrical version

youtube.com/watch?v=wK8kK4hY6PA

how does it feel to be dumber than the actual characters in covenant?

fuck off with your blog project user and go to AVPGalaxy.net

>Beautiful visuals
>DUDE LETS JUST GREEN SCREEN A PUPPET INTO THE ENVIRONMENT
>IT WON'T STAND OUT LIKE A PRIPYATS REJECT AT ALL LMAO

What's the theatrical cut ending?

I've only ever seen the longer version

Good, keep it that way. The Theatrical cut is shit.

Can't argue with this.

It's easily the worse one.

bullshit

1-Aliens
2-Alien
3-Alien 3
4-Ressurection
5-Prometheus

>1-Aliens

oh fuck off james

I think Ali3n is a more worthy addition to the franchise than Aliens. The latter should have been its own thing and always leaves me kinda salty because it's responsible for driving the series towards the shitter. That's not to say Aliens is a BAD movie. Just that it started the trend. But to be honest it's pretty damn uncreative. Anyone who truly pays attention can see that all Aliens did was take set pieces and ideas from Alien and go "What if we did it bigger/more."

>Why does Sup Forums hate on Alien 3 so much?
Because I loved Aliens, then I saw 3 in the theater when it came out. I just assumed it was a sequel to Aliens, because no internet and I was too young to understand the preview (though they were caggy about the prisioners). I wanted to kill myself when I releazied everyone was dead.

Director's version was very good. Theatrical was shit. Certainly deserves to rank up there with Aliens in my view, with Alien being paramount.

>watch Alien 3 with my little sister
>beep boop computer sound sounds as the man types up how everyone died
>"no"
>ask her how she feels about everyone having just died
>"i don't believe it"
>they show Newt's corpse
>"Hicks can't be dead"
>my little sister still thinks good old Hicks is somewhere out there

feels bad

I liked it. Sure as fuck wasn't perfect but it looked gorgeous outside of the digital compositing and sounded even better.
I think most people who really hate it are Aliens fans who hate that it killed off their favourite characters unceremoniously. But I never cared for that film or those characters.

complete shite

Alien 3 was a good movie, I just hated the direction that it took the story continuing from Aliens. I have little against it as a film, but hate it as part of Alien.

Same issue I have with Prometheus and Covenant. I enjoyed both movies, although they have their fair share of problems, but they shouldn't be connected to Alien. As far as I'm concerned, there are only two movies in the Alien franchise and a bunch of weird spinoffs that can be canon if you feel like it but don't coherently connect.

Come now user this bait obvious

Ultimate pleb filter.

Perfect m8

Alien > Alien 3 >>> Prometheus

Aliens is not an Alien flick. The others might as well not exist.

Because instaed of the epicness that SHOULD'VE been 3 (considering the progression of the movies: snall movie on a ship -> bigger movie on a NOW hive planet -> ? maybe predator intervention, maybe the survivors make it back but Ripley is pregnant with the new Queen, on earth, etc.) something to move the plot forward anyway, not a shitty sidequest where everyone dies before it even starts. Wat in the actual fuck? I swear they wrote the movie but the logistics and budget were too much for the studio, so they quickly wrote this piece of shit (but somehow still good for what it is) and THEN cut funding so it's even shittier than what it was in first place.
On it's own, it IS a solid fuckin movie, i like it, but it may be one of the most waste of time and money sequels ever made.

did you copy and paste that?

>I swear they wrote the movie but the logistics and budget were too much for the studio, so they quickly wrote this piece of shit

You're stupid but you have a point.
I used to lig around sci-fi conventions in my teens - friend of mine got published - and I met William Gibson. This was back in '87 / '88.
Being a total twat, all I could do was pester him about the plot for Alien 3 as he had writing duties at the time. He politely declined to tell me anything about it until I asked him a third time and he's like "It's set on a shopping mall in space"
Total win. Anyway, fuck off all of you, as you were.

Alien 3 is a fine flick and I've watched it many times. Aliens gets worse every year. Alien is total fucking kino, and Prometheus is too.

The Alien fandom is badly divided due to the massive stylistic differences between Alien and Aliens:

>"Alien" style
Alien
Alien 3
Prometheus
Alien vs. Predator

>"Aliens" style
Aliens
Alien: Resurrection
Alien vs. Predator: Requiem
Alien: Covenant

Personally, I'd say all the entries are Great except Resurrection which is only good, and AvP: Requiem which is bad. But, that's basically how it goes, and each side constantly shits on the other, primarily due to the difference in what each side wants, but also because this is Sup Forums and we're all terrible people.

>>"Alien" style
>>Alien vs. Predator
I'm not sure you can really say that. At best it straddles the line.

>Mystery to investigate
>Unprepared protagonists
>Claustrophobic environment
That's what makes it Alien rather than Aliens, all of them have an action-based finale.

>Why does Sup Forums hate on Alien 3 so much? Sure there were some moments of dodgy special effects

It's a piece of shit disowned by the creator. It was created with zero forethought and they made up script as they went along, not counting revisions and outright mad attempts to just make any story work in editing.

Too little money too little planning, but hey - even a project that was a complete disaster will be hailed as a masterpiece by idiots online.

>t. James Cameron
Why aren't you busy with Pochahontas In Space 2?

>I like the cut that was composed of scraps from the editing room floor and put on a disc simply as an excuse to make more money

Nice meme.

@85850012
No (You)s for you, 0/10 troll.

ALIEN 3 - the assembly cut - is pretty great, despite all the problems this movie had while being shot.

10/10 review here by Jim Sterling

youtube.com/watch?v=rHbBvuo4Yak

>by Jim Sterling
you're just damaging your own case

Very interesting documentary regarding the production of this film:
youtube.com/watch?v=teSGB2E57DQ

Beautiful Visuals? The movie looked like it had a fecal filter and CGI was goddam terrible. Fincher learned a lot from this mistake.

>and CGI was goddam terrible
Reminder that there was only one scene in the movie featuring CGI. This is 1992 with a $50m budget we're talking about here.

They alien is a puppet, but it's greenscreened in

>Beautiful visuals and cinematography

like that shitty CGI Alien? Yeah that was fucking HORRID.

and it was bad puppet, why not do what Cameron did with the second one?

I will never get over how bad it looked and totally took me out of the film, this is one film I would not mind in the least if they went back now and scrubbed it,added in a good CGI model of the Alien.

Alien 3 > Prometheus > Alien > Covenant > Alien vs. Predator > Aliens > Resurrection > Alien vs. Preator: Requiem

Fight me, Aliens fans, Cameron is a hack and the best stories are the claustrophobic mystery films.

>I will never get over how bad it looked and totally took me out of the film
I felt the same about Cameron's shitty models in Aliens.

>lol i troll u
No seriously you did

Here is the CORRECT ranking

Alien > Aliens > Prometheus > Resurrection > Alien 3 > Covenant > AVP > AVP2

I just saw it again after like 10 years and here's a non-meme answer.

The movie is so close to being actually great but there are so many mistakes and lame plot elements that just make it meh. It's too well directed and scored to be bad but it's just meh.

I don't get why anyone says this is a great way to bring the series back to the original since it lacks any of the claustrophobia of the first nor is legitamatly scary in any way.

It's a mistake to kill off newt and hicks right away not because "MUH ALIENS" but because they could've been either saved to be killed off later and provide a more impactful loss for the audience or to give ripely some kind of hope to be taken away later. No one cares or is interested if you kill them off in the first 1 minute when they dont even speak or do anything. The only other characters worth caring about are Clemons and Dyllon, but Clemons is killed off Willy nilly after convieniently giving us his whole backstory schpeal right before he dies.

Visually it's a mixed bag. Sets are well built but lack any uniqueness. The close up suit and puppet are fine but the running alien looks laughable. Some miniatures look fine but others, like the dish and the floating debris in the wind look terrible.

The movie is decent to good ideas stuck in a rushed, tattered mess of a movie

I see you avoided the common mistake of listening to the dialogue. The script was absolute horseshit.

And the story makes no fucking sense. How the fuck did the alien queen lay another egg without her detachable birth canal? And how come the face-hugger impregnated TWO subjects when they're supposed to die after the first? The screenplay was just a fucking disaster.

You're right about the music though. The soundtrack album is the best thing to come out of this debacle.

The fact that Prometheus and Covenant were shit doesn't make this turkey any good.

Because Cameron made the dreaded monster into an easily slaughterable bug and removed the horror, even though the prisoners don't have any easy way to destroy it.

>Because Cameron made the dreaded monster into an easily slaughterable bug and removed the horror,

The original xenomorph wasn't some sort of invincible monster. It only killed so many people because it was hunting the space version of truckers in space. If you send out Jason's Mom from Friday the 13th against a bunch of cops or hunters she'd be dead by like the 2nd person.

>The original xenomorph wasn't some sort of invincible monster.

It was three metres tall, had acid for blood and was generally unpleasant.

That's not even the problem, though it is a major problem that they ignored the fact that those turret guns should have got fucked by blood splatter, the problem is how Aliens tries to turn the universe into one where aliens are a common occurrence, and these guys have done it before, and lol this will be easy too. It's silly.

This is a very good answer.

Though I still love this movie, despite its flaws.

>Beautiful visuals

>no spaceships no scifi no weapons
>only one xeno and its a stupid dog