Is there any hope for this?

is there any hope for this?
youtu.be/SKHXvYZQN4Y

Is this Robotech?

What's Godzilla about this?
Looks like generic sci-fi anime.

I'm mildly hyped.
Excited for the new take on Godzilla, not really excited for subpar animation.

That wouldn't even be in the top 5 craziest things they've released in the Godzilla Universe.

here's the "new" godzilla

Isn't that just fatzilla?

>is there any hope for this?
>cgi

nope

Similar, yes

what would Kojima do with Godzilla?

the 3D is going to be shit but I love seeing cool monster designs so I'll watch

Is there any hope it'll be great? No, Polygon Pictures can't do shit unless they have an american team helming them and telling them what to do.

Am I still going to watch it? Yes. Being a Godzilla fan means my life is already shit, I have nothing to fight for anyway.

Is this faggot still not working on Death Stranding?

>Polygon Pictures can't do shit unless they have an american team helming them and telling them what to do.

>that awful 3D to 2D animation

No. Into the trash it goes.

I can dig it

blame! pulled it off p ok

Blame was really, really bad. Massive exposition dumps, characters so interchangeable that you'll mix them up easily or when they're replaced you have to be shown exactly who was even the 'dead' one being replaced, a terrible 'final villain' that pulls every trope imaginable including not being able to hit anything and monologist to HERSELF, AS A DAMN ROBOT and topped off with a hollow "The adventure goes on" ending and a whole lot of 'for the plot' moments.

You know the sad part? Gantz O literally dropped you right into a slice of an ongoing plot, gave very little in the way of exposition, and was still more smoothly paced than this stop and go work.

Meh, it succeeds despite it. I have no problem using that kind of animation if you're making 10,000 droid guys skitter across a scene, but when its every character, it gets painful. It looks so jerky and unnatural that its just constantly off putting.
I was constantly having to force myself to ignore it because its just slapping me in the face every time a human being moves and it looks less organic than stop motion animation, straight 3DCG, traditional animation... Its just yuck.

>Gantz O literally dropped you right into a slice of an ongoing plot, gave very little in the way of exposition
Sometimes I like getting dropped into the middle of a story and having to put together what's happening from context.
I remember the first time I saw Ginger Snaps, it was when I had just gotten home from working a late shift, turned on HBO or Cinemax right at the scene where the werewolf gets hit by the truck. I had no idea how much of the movie I had missed, but just watching it without that initial context made it really engaging because the movie just goes off the rails at that point.
When it was over I loved it and checked the guide for the next time it was on. Turns out I only missed maybe 15 or 20 minutes, and it made the movie stronger for it.
Not that I want every movie to do it, but when its done right it's great.

>What's Godzilla about this
Tbf, Godzilla is a pretty flexible character and franchise.

Humanity went into space after Godzilla spent 20 years just killing billions of people and shrugging off whatever they threw at him, a war which climaxed on blowing up the Himalayas in an attempt to trap him under the continental plates.

When the planet they were going to colonize turned out to be a bust, they decide to try reclaiming Earth, but then wacky relativity shit kicks in and they get sent 20,000 years into the future where the Earth's ecosystem is built entirely around Godzilla.

>a war which climaxed on blowing up the Himalayas in an attempt to trap him under the continental plates.
HISTORY SHOWS AGAIN AND AGAIN HOW NATURE POINTS OUT THE FOLLY OF MAN!
GO-GO GODZILLA

It's convoluted by seems interesting

Are you trying to prove her post, because you just did it.

It's going to be a trilogy. So perhaps that'll be enough time to properly tell the story.

Going the anime route was a loophole in the deal Toho made with Legendary. Basically, Toho cannot make another live-action film until after 2020.

I hope this is actually what this will be about. If so I'll definitely watch it.

>20,000

Would have been more believable if they said a hundred million

>That Gozilla in the preview pic
>Going full on Princess Mononoke Guardian God

I am ok with this.

nope.
these stupid gooks keep going for the nu berserk look and they should be put to death for it