New World

>voyage of time got released
nice

this

its was out a few years ago

wait no it didn't
where's the torrent then

and the real answer is days of heaven

Days of Heaven is really wonderful but it doesn't approach the heights of New World/Tree of Life/Thin Red Line imo, especially the first 2 of those 3. But I'd say his first 5 movies are masterpieces.

To The Wonder is really great but Cups is his weakest I'd say. Song to Song is also better than it.

no fag cups is the goat

Bad opinion

seriously though where the hell is the voyage of time torrent ? whats taking so long?

>liking left is pleb

What if i like literally all his movies?

>any malick
>reddit
terry is literally our guy

>reddit spacing
lol yeah you haven't even read the book of job so please do yourself a favor and keep your baseless opinions on film to yourself from now on. come back when you've read the greeks ledditir

pretty sure Malick is going to be rereleasing edits of it in theaters for at least another couple of years

>ever thinking the new world is bad

Its like you dont even grass you kierkergaard denying fuck

can I ask you seriously what reddit spacing even refers to? I've seen that from a few of you retards but I've literally never even seen what reddit looks like so I'm genuinely confused as to what you mean. my post looks spaced the same as yours?

no one remembers 2011

either that or 95% of the posters haven't been here that long

you're embarrassing yourself newfag. lurk more

One of the 10 best movies of the century so far imo

i havent been here more than a year
can you explain what about 2011

This, It's one of this best films.

>you loser! spend more time on this website with a bunch of retards who do nothing but insult each other cause we have no gfs and are overweight!

>
/r/movies: the post

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voyage_of_Time

sorry, only a year but Voyage of Time was released last fall in two versions

Fuck yeah I can't believe no one mentions this movie on here anymore. It's stunning. The contrast between the scene where John Smith returns to the colony, and the preceding scene spending time with the natives, is very well done. So is the ending.

Plebs around here mate

It's pretty hugely revered by a lot of great critics. The Criterion blu ray release of it makes it even more stunning.

None
He's a fucking worthless hack

Not familiar with any of his other movies, what should I watch next?

You've only seen The New World and loved it? Can I ask what motivated you to pick that one as a starting point?

I know it's kind of a meme but I'd actually just recommend you start from the beginning. His first 5 movies are all incredible and watching the progression style-wise is fascinating, he's taken much more dramatic shifts over the course of his career than the average director.

tl;dr start with Badlands

>I can't believe no one mentions this movie on here anymore.

i think it has to do with The New World being the stylistic middleground between his first three, relatively more conventional and most lauded films, and his hyper-poetic free-form style since The Tree of Life, and people like to take sides and champion one side or the other

I'm not sure that's entirely true. I completely agree with the general idea of where you're coming from but I wouldn't place Badlands/Days of Heaven/Thin Red Line in the same realm. I would separate off those first two and then point to TRL and New World as the next stage and then Tree of life and the following three as their own distinct stage. TRL in my opinion leans strongly enough towards the poetic fragmentation of the later stuff that it doesn't quite fit in with those two early "conventional" ones.

I love historical themed epics and watched it during netflix and chill a few years ago, it was a lot better than I expected (thought it would be a spoon romance). Thanks for the recommendation

*spoony

holy shit lol kys

Malickposting was enjoyable