A website 'un-publishes' review of Sausage Party and apologizes to the readers

A website 'un-publishes' review of Sausage Party and apologizes to the readers.

>Yesterday we published a review of Seth Rogen’s new animated film, Sausage Party. After we received feedback about it from our Trans Editor Mey Rude, the members of the QTPOC Speakeasy and Facebook commenters, we decided to un-publish the piece. Here’s how the review came to be published on Autostraddle, why it was a problematic decision, and what we’re doing to avoid mistakes like this in the future.

>I want to personally apologize to every reader who was hurt by the Sausage Party review. I failed you as a senior editor of this website and I failed you as an ally. I am wholly sorry for the pain and anger I caused you. I offer you no justification. I was blinded by my own whiteness existing inside a system of white supremacy. I must do better. I will do better. I also want to take full responsibility for not working more closely with the freelancer. This was not her fault. This was an editorial failure. I should have asked more critical questions about the film, especially since no one I know had seen it.

archive.is/NU057

Other urls found in this thread:

autostraddle.com/we-messed-up-348709/
webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:www.autostraddle.com/salma-hayek-lesbian-taco-sausage-party-348636/&oq=cache:www.autostraddle.com/salma-hayek-lesbian-taco-sausage-party-348636/&aqs=chrome..69i57j69i58.1439j0j4&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8
youtube.com/watch?v=53s13hXBX8w
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Cucks

Looks like satire.

DUDE
TALKING FOOD
L M A O

It's really difficult to believe it's real. But it is.

>After we published the review, we heard from Latinx readers who believe the portrayal of Salma Hayek’s taco was racist and that it reinforced harmful stereotypes. We heard from readers who were upset that we labeled the taco a lesbian when it seems more likely that she was bisexual. We heard from readers who questioned the consent of the sexual encounter between the taco and the hot dog bun. We heard from readers who found the taco to be a damaging portrayal of a predatory queer woman.

>It's really difficult to believe it's real. But it is.

Reads like an Onion article desu senpai.

Absolutely degenerate

>Salma Hayek’s taco

kek.
I'd put some cheese in that.

Isn't this a shitty comedy by the DUDE WEED LMAO guy anyways?
Why is Sup Forums so obsessed with this film? It's just animated crappy comedy. I don't get it.

what the hell?

These fucking kikes are going too far

So basically Seth Rogan is a massive retard?

These things are fantastic as anti-Progressive "propaganda" for normies.

This is gold pasta

>un-publish
this is the creepiest and most shocking part of this post

how do i develop a re-pasta generator

Jesus fucking christ on a stick, what is this

I'm about 60/40 thinking this is satire.

The left really reminds me of a cult

>i hope it’s not transmisogynistic. i went through ten pages of google results and tumblr and didn’t see anything about transphobia or transmisogyny

Poe's law just went into turbo.

Murica is fucking done for. The inmates are running the asylum.

>First and most damning: we allowed a non-Latina writer to cover a story about a caricature of a Latina

For some reason, perhaps because they consider themselves critical of all society, their self-criticism seems to shut down. A normal person would have written that or thought and then considered whether the standard implied here was absurd. If the movie caricatured multiple races, would it not have been necessary to find someone who was a member of every single race caricatured, which might be completely unfeasible.

>LOL
>Shit movie. Shit critics. Shit writers.
>Don't support. Don't even provide them the clicks.
>Journalists are meme majors.

The film is degenerate as fuck.

What is this and why do I have a boner?

>autostraddle.com/we-messed-up-348709/

Let's tell them how much of a cuck they really are.

DUDE

Can't. The comments section is close because of too many dissenting opinions.

here is the original review

webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:www.autostraddle.com/salma-hayek-lesbian-taco-sausage-party-348636/&oq=cache:www.autostraddle.com/salma-hayek-lesbian-taco-sausage-party-348636/&aqs=chrome..69i57j69i58.1439j0j4&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

>Unfortunately, this post has made its way onto some forums and websites notorious for harassing women and the comments have become untenable.

kek

dont go to their website. OP likely works for them. this sort of manufactured controversy gets them lots of eyeballs and a few will stick around and continue following the site. if 'Sup Forums trolls' btfo the site then this thing just gets bigger, which is exactly what they want.

Top contender for cuck of the year right there

Because it is one.

This.

What the fucking fuck. Nigger level absurdity.

Lol. Agree with all posters, but you could have gone straight to the conclusion since no serious attempt has been made to have talking food in movies sice this, truly one of the high points of western cinema.

youtube.com/watch?v=53s13hXBX8w

If i get one comment about depravity, i will be digusted with the lot of you....

Pic related: its the editorial process OP identified.

This is absolutely pathetic to the point where it's downright enraging. I'd be even more pissed if the movie was degenerate as fuck.

>We heard from readers who questioned the consent of the sexual encounter between the taco and the hot dog bun.

Smart lad

>the consent of the sexual encounter between the taco and the hot dog bun.

It's satire

No, it's not. Keep reading.

No, it's not. We're wittnessing top madness mindset of stalinist or maoist era.

What the fuck.

>latinx

what?

latino and latina are binary-gendered
latinx is a gender-neutral form

I'm soo tired I expected sound, lol.
These half-chan webms though.

So is it a shit film or what?

Jesus Christ

Somewhere there's a group of people collectively shouting "THATS MY FETISH"

>Problematic
THERE'S. THAT. FUCKING. WORD. AGAIN.

I liked sausage party.

I don't even like Seth Rogan or his generic drug+shock cursing+sex formula.

>heather: Salma Hayek Is a Surprisingly Endearing Lesbian Taco in “Sausage Party”
how’s that [headline]?
>i can’t see how a latina woman voicing a lesbian taco in a seth rogen movie could ever be a good thing, but this review says it is nuanced and sweet
>riese: is the reviewer white
>heather: i don’t know

Why are all these places so afraid of naming Sup Forums when we come after them? It's always """"""""""certain far right websites""""""""""

Because "latin" was too hard to understand

News agencies may lose credibility when they site a place where the most common words on the website is Cuck, kek, Shill, faggot, Jew, (You), or nigger.

We are place where upvotes don't exist, where in every thread you are just another anonymous shitposter.
>whoisthis4chan.gif

This is just false controversy to stir up publicity, like the Interview.

Who thought this was a remotely good idea? This is disgusting even for Jews of Mohammedans to conceive of.

Holy Shit. This was the movie? These people are a bunch of fucking faggots. Not only is it raunchy as fuck, but its hacky work. Im getting so tired of people thinking random degenerate shit is funny.

What a fucking moronic post. This entire reaction is from an obscure set of people who have an overall negative reaction.

Also, Sony took a fucking bath on the Interview. Kill yourself.

just fuck my shit up senpai

Autostraddle is a publication for dykes. Did you think it would have anything sane, normal, intelligent or worthwhile in it? This seems par for the course.

Heard from a friend of mine that this was the most vulgar and raunchiest movie they have seen. Personally, I am not a fan of Seth Rogan, never have been.

Will probably just wait till this thing out on Blu Ray and borrow it.

>yes, i will film this landscape footage in portrait

>living shitpost's problem is with how the footage of the vulgar food orgy is filmed, and not the content itself

Probably the most Sup Forums friendly mainstream film in a while. Redpilled as fuck about religion while also shitting on Jews and atheists.

Humor is hit or miss and pretty obnixous desu senpai.

>american "humor"

All I see is the left eating itself alive again.
They're so stupid and humorless that something as degenerate as this film still won't please them.
It's always funny to see rogen lose more money

You seem...upset

Not really. I try to make the provocativeness of my post commensurate to how wrong I think the person is.

The movie was made by a Canadian Jew you fucking retarded nigger

Pretty soon it'll just be reality

>he doesn't know Jews self deprecate for profit

Gotta love that comment section....

I remember when I was a leftist, this was the kind of thing that opened my eyes to the reality of their hypocrisy and unwillingness to engage in debate.

I feel a visceral disgust towards censorship. That's why I shit on the mouth of SJWs and Nationalists. All the same shit. The difference is one is dangerous and the other one largely impotent.

SJWs are so insane that they want to rewrite an entire language based on masculine words vs feminine words now. Latino community should always be masculine when describing everyone apart of it but I guess they're willing to fail high school Spanish for their cause.

>nationalists

Fuck you, I support the first Amendment in all forms. Just because I love my country doesn't mean I'm deaf to criticism of it.

Filming a wide screen in portrait mode is more offensive than a food orgy

I saw the movie, if anyone has any questions feel free to ask.

>First and most damning: we allowed a non-Latina writer to cover a story about a caricature of a Latina,

Is this some sort of cardinal sin?

It is a hallmark in degeneracy. Evidence that the enforced destrucrion of morals is in fact happening.

How has our culture come to this

how

Was it funny?

actually, when used as a broad term, Latino is the gender neutral term.

There were some parts that made me chuckle, but the humour was generally immature.

They use a lot of racial stereotypes, for example they have a Jewish bagel, a Muslim falafel, a Mexican bottle of tequila and a Native American bottle of bourbon.

It's gotten fairly good reviews. Are they justified? How?

Aside from the food orgy at the end and the expletives, how is this film raunchy?

What the fuck. If this is a children's movie I will an hero.

>news agencies may loose credibility
>implying they have any to lose at this point
Top jej on that chief.

>I was blinded by my own whiteness existing inside a system of white supremacy.
>this webm
>Latinx

what

>Rated R
>Children's Movie

You can't be redpilled and shit on christianity. Athiesm is the first and most appealing bluepill.

I wouldn't really say the reviews are justified, but I think the main reason it got them was due to the fact that it's unique and somewhat original.

It also triggered the SJWs and left wing fags, so that's a plus.

I wouldn't say it's raunchy at all, but one aspect of the story focuses on sexual repression caused by religious beliefs.

This isn't a kids movie.

What in the fuck........

sure thing christcuck, dont forget to forgive thy enemies and turn the other cheek

>riese: is the reviewer white

I don't know if I'm upset by this shit or just ready to give up all hope

I laughed for the entirety of this movie. Butthurt reviews make it even better.

Would recommend. Go see it.

>got them was due to the fact that it's unique and somewhat original.
That's not really sufficient to make a good movie.

(OP)
>I was blinded by my own whiteness
MASTER RACE
ECAR RETSAM

>shitting on Jews and atheists.
How did it shit on atheists?

That madman, he named the Jew!

It's not a children's movie. It's rated R

Not that that would stop any kids from seeing it, but the movie is flopping pretty hard from what I've heard so whatever