Why do farmers vote republican so consistently?

Why do farmers vote republican so consistently?

Other urls found in this thread:

fooddialogues.com/foodsource/farm-size-and-ownership/what-is-the-average-size-of-an-american-farm
myshepherdstown.wordpress.com/2011/11/08/does-the-word-redneck-originate-from-west-virginia/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Redneck#Coal_miners
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

farmers are rednecks
rednecks vote red
otherwise we'd call them bluenecks

>that one blue flyover stronghold in iowa and wisconsin
y tho

/thread

Because income tax and property tax is a bitch unless you are a corporation.

someone opened a book

Because farmers work hard. Literally as simple as that. The base of conservative vs. liberal ideology is whether you work hard or are lazy and want free shit. Just look at racial voting patterns or occupational voting patterns.

rednecks by definition are from the south though.
Plus if you've ever left your basement you would realize the northern farmers are usually just a dude and his wife with kids that already left home.

What

lol

Isn't there an alternate property tax for farmers?

/thread.

Redneck was originally a term for slaves because they got burnt necks leaning over cotton constantly.

Farmers get subsidies from the gov't which is lobbied to repub senators

Because Republicans hold their intrest more than Democrats. Just look up the Farm Bill

E
P
A

Because the Republican Party actually helps farmers with their issues while Democrats ignore their problems and talk down to them

Farm subsidies legislated by local democrats
Not sure why they vote Dem on a national level, maybe because Iowa and Wisconsin are both swing states

We call all of you rednecks. redneck.

Factory farms maybe, but that wouldn't account for ma&pa farms which is the majority of all that land.

>a fucking leaf

Farmers are also some of the biggest welfare queens out there.

>Gimme dem subsides...

I should know I own 300 acres of Indiana farmland that I cash rent out.

>yeah cuz high food prices and starvation would be social justice

Colleges, cities, and farmers voting democrat.

Theres one for homesteads in some places. But most farms are to specialized to be a proper homestead.

This picture should of happened.

and catholics

Dumb leftist comment as usual. Reason they vote right is because they can't afford all the taxes the left loves to bring in. Their whole lively hood is based on whether or not they had a good crop season.

How hard you work is directly correlated to how conservative you are. Farming is hard work.

majority of people not on welfare vote republican

ameri/pol/ how does it make you feel to be constantly BTFO by the coastal cities?

I mean look at that map, 95% of the country depends on that 5% of blue at the margins lol

It's the other way around. Those 5% blue are consumers, not producers.

Not really. Majority of our country is too jaded to vote. I think that might change this election.

>farming is brutally hard work
>still carries the traditions of family centric vocations
>high risk, low reward

Gee, I wonder why people that get up at 4am and work till sundown aren't crazy about their taxes going to gibs that support shitting out fatherless babies for even more gibs. Further more, having your farm threatened by BLM (bureau of land management) land stealing and environmentalists wanting to save some vermin insects probably makes the democrats far worse a choice.

middle class republicans aren't looking for handouts, they are looking to be left alone and treated fairly.

In WI at least, that blue spread from Madison to Lacrosse, both of which are super liberal college towns. And I believe the Uni of Iowa is in the blue Iowa area

>conservatives work hard
>liberals are lazy

what a quaint and easy to digest world view you have.

Because democrats are brainwashed retards who are completely out of touch with where their food comes from.

E T H A N O L

S U B S I D I E S

i'm a farmer from a red area and my family actually says they'd like to vote dem because muh programs. we got a lot of aid money off of obeezy

we consistently stay red because of social issues. here in oklahoma people still think gay is a disease you can forcefully beat out of people. and they hate mexicans except when you need cheap labor

personally as a single issue voter I vote red solely because muh guns mufucka. the whole "gay couple protecting their marijuana plants with fully automatic assault rifles" thing is my view

I heard it's more about how close you are to the beginning of the economy's supply chain. People who actually produce things of value understand that you can't vote yourself free shit, because the wealth in society is produced by people like you. Those who don't produce tangible goods but more abstract services like academics and bureaucrats are more inclined to see the economy as a fixed pie that just needs to be distributed differently, without understanding how that would affect the total size of the pie.

Farmer from a northern state here (not a redneck). It's because we get our shit pushed in by taxes and EPA regulations.

>300 measly acres (i bet split inherited family land)
>rental property
>not actual farmer

k, your opinion is deposited where it should be

they have crop insurance now so they stay rich no matter what

Why do cucks always vote democrat so consistently?

This desu. I co-own a small farm. Not enough corn for muh ethanol gibs me dats so big government only means high taxes

I'm an independent liberal farmer from Arkansas
A hippie Aquaponics farmer with 12 acres but a farmer all the same.

Subsidies and welfare queens are mostly Republican.

>boring sea
kek

>Flagstaff and Tucson blue
They're going to cause Arizona to vote for Hillary and it'll be the worst 8 years of this fucking nation.

Midwestern farmers are rednecks too, don't delude yourself.

>crop insurance is magical free money that makes you rich, not just enough to keep you from losing your ass

Because they're the least educated class

>ethanol queens represent all farmers

If it was because of a lack of education then their votes would be all over the place.

I'm sorry that my worldview isn't convoluted and self contradicting.

Because they don't have a college degree.

That's the Driftless Area, a region of hills that wasn't covered by the glaciers.

It votes democrat because its a national hotbed of organic farming, is surrounded by liberal towns like La Crosse, Madison, Minneapolis, Dubuque, and Rochester, and the upper Midwest has always been a labor stronghold

There are a significant number of government assistance programs aimed directly at farmers; big and small.

A number of these bills are Republican backed, and benefit medium/large farmers. A number of people in the U.S. still own farms. Remember, in the US, a small farm (not even medium sized) is ~250 acres.

fooddialogues.com/foodsource/farm-size-and-ownership/what-is-the-average-size-of-an-american-farm

Think about that for a minute.

Republicans do what farmers want generally.

>should of
SMGDH

>Should have
>Should've

At least act like you aren't a complete ignoramus by pretending to pay attention in school.

Are you retarded? He said farmers work hard, not all conservatives. Like half of you faggots could ever do farming work anyway.

Farmers do more work than most people in this country, and they aren't thrilled about having to give what little they can scratch together to the feds, especially since their income is dependent on whether or not mother earth decides to fuck them

wtf I hate farmers now.
Just sounds like greedy welfare queens now.

Yep, and the ones in the West always were

My take on things is a bit from left feild. It's not just farmers that vote conservative but also rural areas in general.
Cultural Marxist programming needs to be constantly reinforced over and over again because it goes against biology. Everyone in the city is programmed. It's where the universities and the bulk of the schools are situated as we.
When you live out of the urban zones you can quickly become detached from the inner city programming.
This is trend is observable in Australia as well.

hahaha faggot. It's only sitting in a tractor, unless you have to fix something.

because what the fuck to lefties have to offer them? they give about as many fucks about the hardships of farmers as Democrats do about inner city niggers.

i don't know about the US, but the farmers here consistently vote National Party, who are biggest bunch of stupid "old boys" archaic right wingers, with their fingers in every real estate pie outside of city limits.

but do i blame them? fuck no, because the Nats have done great things for farmers in the past, and continue to do so, despite every other party, even the supposed Labor party "for the workers", just itching to gut the poor fuckers for every last cent.

the politics of agribusiness is the most interesting politics we have here because they consistently fuck up the stsatus quo of left vs right.

you should have seen the uproar that started when coal seam gas and fracking flared up here. for years and years, the Greens and a lot of other champagne lefties have been sticking it to farmers, and the farmers have been flinging shit right back, along with their own National politicians, but when companies started mandatory testing for coal seams, against the wishes of farmers, the only party that opposed it was the limp-wristed Greens, making for some seriously strange bedfellows.

i never thought i'd see akubra-wearing, gun-toting, sunburnt farmers marching side by side with melbournite pinkos who skip through the city with dildos stuck to their heads every other weekend.

You're not that far off. The ac went in my tractor this week though and it's hot as balls. Pic related is pretty much me until a new part comes in

We need to repeal Reynolds v Sims. Or convince several states to nullify it

How is that? It has always interested me but no one in my area does it

>Sugar and Tabbacco are food

good question OP.

EPA regulations do nothing but protect public health, and have saved more American lives in the past 45 years than the department of defense. You are voting to support big business giving you cancer and think you are helping yourself, sad.
You know there was a time in America when rivers used to catch fire often?

If you actually knew how to read and then read the thread, you would have deleted that image from your hard drive by now.

>muh cultural marxism
lol

They vote red because they are either retarded or because they farm and blue candidate = more taxes/regulations on something they already do and need no gov interference. In rural areas they don't need more laws. Large populations (cities) need increasingly more governance. Projects that tax money goes to often don't reach their location so for them to vote for somebody who wants more of these projects feels against their best interest.

Because liberals look down on farmers because they're not sophisticated or progressive or whatever, even though farmer's are truly the reason why we have civilization and liberlas are able to whine about that.

Because they see the government as constantly meddling in their affairs re: crop prices and business taxes and labor laws. They view Republicans as most likely to leave them alone

Farmers are businessmen
The days when farmers voted communist are long gone

>HURR DURR LEFTISTS LIBTARDS GODDAMN LIBERALS

wow what a great, original thread on Sup Forums. i really learned a lot!

on a serious note--stay in school dude. you're clearly gonna need it

It's great, it's alittle more work but nutrient recycling is worth it. I'm working on being completely independent of all outside feed. It's much more efficient and selling produce to farm to table restaurants and the farmers market make pretty good money.

Cuz farmers want government to leave them the fuck alone. Ever thought of that, OP?

All because a small farmer spread his cow poo on March 30 instead of waiting for April 1, or had his cattle fenced 10 meters from a stream instead of 15. I'm not saying the EPA is unnecessary I'm just saying they love to micromanage. Try to calm down friend, you seem upset

Why do you even come here if you're unable to decipher the difference from shit posts and good answers?
I don't think you're old enough or mentally capable enough to be allowed on the internet.
At least during the dial-up era you faggot kids still had to ask mommy to use the internet.

Actually conservatives tend to be of average intelligence/education while liberals tend to be either really dumb or really smart. The way uneducated people vote depends on their local culture of course.

Sounds awesome. We're starting to get into direct sales at a farm stand as well and the market is definitely there for it

Farmers are the biggest welfare queens in America actually, they are fully subsidized by government and protected from foreign competition. American farmers would go belly up without the governments backup they get.
Just implement real free trade and stop giving them money and watch what will happen.

Wrong.

Rednecks came from unionized coal mines in West Virginia who wore red bandanas.

myshepherdstown.wordpress.com/2011/11/08/does-the-word-redneck-originate-from-west-virginia/

Maybe because the government and lobbyists went out of their way to fuck farmers over. Besides, the farms still actually fucking work, it's money I am fine with the government spending

They also hire illegals too
Fucc em

Why isn't Miami-Dade showing in this chart? We're part of the U.S.A. too you know!

Fuck I'm a welfare queen? Should I buy pic related?

Doesn't Canada rely on American farms?
Do you really believe Canada's permafrost has enough soil for farming?

That's why the blacks are majority republican right?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Redneck#Coal_miners

I agree, but cows really should be kept further away from streams than that. Eutrophication is a disaster. My problem is you are using that for justification for voting for a party that strongly opposes pretty much all environmental regulation, I just wish this wasn't the partisan issue it's become since the Reagan administration.

This is what I always heard, scots-Irish tenant farmers and indentured servants.

Farmers aren't degenerate faggots

Not really, most of the government subsidies go to corporate America or Chinese investors. Fucking the little guy over really. Current agricultural practice is far from "working".

Farmers don't like people who murder babies

attack Bermuda?

nigga you crazy. you can have Canada, it's commonwealth and therefore useless to us, but you touch those precious overseas territories and you'll get a taste of what the Argies had.

we even have Thatcher 2.0 primed and ready to go

who the fuck buys Cadillac anymore?

they are though. they are welfare queens.