This show is actually pretty good. What do you think Sup Forums?

This show is actually pretty good. What do you think Sup Forums?

It is. Just a shame the main plot has never gone anywhere. Monster of the week episodes are great and extremely comfy.

>Just a shame the main plot has never gone anywhere
I actually like that. The mythology was always at its best when it was at its most vague. Whenever they tried to explain something it was shit. Case in point, Samantha.
Still a fucking great show.

Yeah people were complaining that the new episodes in that the conspiracies made no sense and it jumped awkwardly between horror and humour and I'm like... yeah it's X-files, what did you expect.

Where can I watch full episodes?

I'm not a filthy torrenting peasant

Netflix

I don't get all the hate for the new season, it only had one trully shitty episode (the one with the new agents). First and last were the typical mixed bag that mythology episodes are, 2nd and 4th are also typical MOTW in the vein of seasons 2-5 and the third one was a timeless classic. It's actually pretty ok, considering other revivals/reboots.

Didn't netflix take X-Files down a couple of months ago?

It's mostly that they would constantly build up to something just to have it be nothing, go nowhere or be disappointing. Im fine not knowing but not fine being teased constantly

whats your favorite episode? humbug and home for me

I want to believe its good.

all the remasters are on amazon video so maybe get a trial on there and watch them within a month

I really like the Loch Ness one. Just Mulder and Scully on a boat bottle episode.

Not on canadian Netflix anyways. I've been watching them lately.

i think its pretty good as well
what is Sup Forumss favorite episode?
mine is the one where scully doesn't see the ayy lmao because she was to preoccupied with being uninteresting

Clyde Bruckman is my favorite Darin Morgan episode, but I completely agree with Home.
Also, John Doe is a very underrated episode, due to it being in such a shit season.

I've only watched a few episodes so far (inb4 watch them in order REEE) and can someone explain to me why this episode is normally ranked the best? I like that they normally keep the endings vague but this episode was so convoluted I don't even really understand it.

Clyde Buckman, Home and Squeeze were all great though

Rewatching right now. Severe case of 90s nsotalgia.

Well, it's easier to appreciate it if you've seen at least most of the episodes before it. It's basically a parody of the mythology episodes, and it's 10 times funnier if you're familiar with them.

this desu

episodes like that are a shock when you're so used to the normal episodes

It's thought highly of by "critics" because it is different than your standard episode formula which you would have picked up on if you watched in order REEE.

It's above average, but not top 10

for better episode see any of these
Tooms (since you've watched Squeeze), Bad Blood, The Post-Modern Prometheus, Pusher, Small Potatoes, Musings of a Cigarette Smoking Man, and Ice are all kino.

Some people don't like them much but I'm a big fan of Dreamland part 1 and 2.

Also watch Deep Throat and then the Erlenmeyer Flask pronto, back-to-back, if you haven't already.

tooms and squeeze are boring

Its one of my all time favorites. Its been a while, but the one where Mulder is in the forest being tracked by invisible creatures is really good

sad because when I go back to re-watch episodes, as an individual they are never as good as the sum of its parts. Watching the entire series was a great experience, I wish I could go back and watch it for the first time again.

Never a post has been more wrong in the history of Sup Forums, and I'm including BvS apologists.

Thanks user. I will give those episodes a watch.

I just remembered of the episode Kitsunegari. It's a sequal to Pusher so watch it after.

Deep Throat and The Erlenmeyer Flask essentially setup the entire show. The discussion between Deep Throat and Mulder is what sold me on the show.

watch the pilot its better than deep throat

>Ice
That episode is amazing. I wish The Thing was as tense as that.

The one that sticks out in my memory the most is the one with Jack Black and the autist with electric powers, the one with the fish man and the one where the guy can predict/cause the weather

What's the spookiest episode?

>The one that sticks out in my memory the most is the one with Jack Black and the autist with electric powers
This is a pretty underrated episode. Probably the best teen angst one they've done.

home
the one with the chicken

I thought the one with Billy Drago (Theef) was pretty spooky, thanks to his performance. Same with Sleepless, the Tony Todd one.
Others are Die Hand Die Verletzt, Fresh Bones, Detour, Via Negativa

It's not the spookiest but "Space" is pretty freaky and underrated

It's got two somewhat spooky scenes but the episode is such a fucking bore it's legendary.
Nothing will ever take Teso Dos Bichos crown for the shittiest episode though. Well, maybe Babylon.

Yeah the episode isn't that great but the idea of being stuck in space and being haunted by an alien ghost entity while on a space walk and having it possess you is 2spooky

Can someone post the chart of the guide to watching all the mythology / main plot episodes?

It's not available on US Netflix.

watch everything faggot

I will and do, but monster eps work as standalone and I can watch those whenever. I'd like to just go though the myth episodes in one run some time.

Irresistible is pretty creepy too.

one of my favorite shows
grew up with it and still watch it to this day

My dad's a big fan an every time I visit him we watch an episode or two. We started in 2007 and, needless to say, we've been through the dvds more than once. I tried putting other shows on but he gets bored after a couple of episodes or complains about the violence or that it's too slow or that it's too fast.He's 74 now and his memory isn't what it was so to him every time he views an episode it's like he saw it for the first time. I mus have watched the X-Files all the way through about 5 times now. I guess I'll be watching it all again at least 2 or 3 times more.

All 9 season are available on canadian Netflix and I'm sure orher leafs browse Sup Forums

I'm about to finish season 6. Someone told me to stop watching after this season but that *some* episodes are worth watching. Is there a chart or some shit that shows me which episodes are worth watching?

Dreamland was fucking great.

I liked Dogett's subplot and the actor is just excellent
Scully is turned into an annoying character so it's always best when she's not on them
And the other agent is just a female shitty version of Mulder that believes in the power of crystals and horoscope the episode
where she dies is great
Apart from that, when Mulder comes back the show loses it's way

I would skip

>First Person Shooter (unless you like unintentional comedy)
>Hollywood A.D. (has some good moments but the overall story is shit)
>Fight Club
>The Goldberg Variation (not really bad,just kinda boring)

The rest are decent,not classic TXF but entertaining still.
S8 is kinda wash,I would watch most stand alone eps and ones with Mulder but that may get confusing.

He never comes back,really though.He's only in a handful of eps in S8 and is completely gone in S9.

What did you guys think of the new season?

Enjoyable in parts but overall a bit shit

einstein and miller are shit,the eps without them are decent.

>it's Chris Carter goes to Wikipedia to catch up on the latest conspiracy theories and completely scarps his previous mythology in a exposition filled info dump delivered by Joel McHale episode

The unnatural

I always liked "Unruhe".

anywhere I can stream the episodes in HD? I can only find SD ._.

Hulu

I actually enjoyed the new season overall. Thought the Darin Morgan episode was super good, the rest were good to okay. I'm looking forward to the next season.

It's the best TV show ever. More than 'pretty good'.

i mean a free streaming site obviously