TOS bread

I don't even need an OP

The Wrath of Khan is one of the most overrated sequels and overrated movies of all time. Discuss.

Let's get this thread to bump limit just as a fuck you to that Babylon 5 idiot.

Spocks Brain isnt nearly as bad as everyone makes it out to be. It and Search for Spock have great performances by Shatner and Kelley.

I have a secret confession to make: When people ask if I have seen all of Star Trek, I always say yes, eventho there's a handful of TOS episodes I haven't really watched.

And this pains me, because I'm not even sure WHICH ONES I haven't seen. I'd have to comb an episode list, one by one.

Maybe some of these days...

Search for Spock is pretty good and has some great moments.
>Kirk and the crew rebelling against Starfleet to rescue Spock
>blowing up the enterprise
>the end reunion between Kirk and Spock
Some of my favorite moments in the TOS film series.

Give me an explanation of why Kirk goes to Genesis.

I will let you know when you are wrong.

TOS is the worst one anyways

Explain who Kirk is, what and where Genesis is, the circumstances surrounding his travel there and any other context necessary to answer this question.

*eats your shitpost*

The Undiscovered Country rocked.

>*eats your shitpost*
General Chang would have destroyed the Enterprise had it not been for Sulu, Spock, Scotty, Mccoy the others. He was more dangerous than the impulsive Khan.

I unironically love the visual style of TOS more than any other Trek. Color TV was still new and you can tell because they weren't afraid to use bright primary colors for everything. I hate how drab and muted modern Trek is.

and too bad about Valerus, she would have made a badass Starfleet top officer. She was the BEST.

TOS is classic, the best.

The awkward dinner on the Enterprise is the only good part. The rest is all pretty bad.

That dinner was classic, though. Too bad it wasn't the sole subject of a short film and the stupid shapeshifter and prison colony and the other retarded shit weren't tacked on. Great dinner though.

>Spocks Brain isnt nearly as bad as everyone makes it out to be.

oh yes it is. but it works as camp.

that second half of season three though

The Omega Glory is way stupider than Spock's Brain.

This was especially apparent in Enterprise and now STD. They've made the uniforms so goddamned ugly for no good reason.

The concept and the ending are. But if you're lucky enough to miss the last 10 minutes, the rest of the episode is a mediocre "crazy Starfleet captain takes over savage post-apocalyptic planet" story.

Do you think Charlie X was inspired by the X-Men? It just seems too more of a coincidence to have a character with super mental abilities named Charles X.

I say this about TNG. I'm pretty sure I've seen 90% of the series, but there are probably some episodes that have just never come up on television when I was watching.

This thread is about TOS.

No shit it's about TOS but how the fuck did they go from early ugly ass uniforms to the bright stylish uniforms in TOS?

That doesn't matter. TOS is Amber and you question shadows. You may as well quibble about fanfiction. Please stick to the topic. The topic is Star Trek: [no subtitle]

This entire thread was made in response to a babylon 5 fag saying trek fans dont like TOS and thus the series as a whole doesnt matter. Stick to talking about TOS fag.

Keep niche entertainment for neckbeards out of this TOS thread, please and thank you.

Im genuinely sorry for having to bring it up.

x means unknown, its a 60s thing

the enterpirse incident, tholian web and savage curtain is all s3 it wasn't all bad, i mean savage curtain is bad but in a good way

Can we discuss Turnabout Intruder? I laughed the first time I saw it, and I didn't even know it was the final TOS episode then.

Maybe it's bad qua Star Trek but I always laugh really hard.

its very terrible but very funny, intentionally or not, I like it

MM user! user WHAT HAVE YOU BEEN UP TO? NOTHING GOOD I'M SURE! WELL LET ME TELL YOU YOU LAZY GOOD FOR NOTHING

I'm almost convinced it's a good episode. An examination of the hysteria of a certain group of people. In 3,000 years it just might be regarded on the same level as Antigone.

its not good, but it is idk its fun in a bad way

Autism

>wheredoyouthinkweare?.jpg

>FOREVER AND EVER AND EVER AND EVER

>TOS is Amber and you question shadows
This just might be my masterpiece.

just marathon it. it's kino so there should be no problem

>watch TOS on a small, color CRT from the 60s or 70s
>special effects become more convincing
>show is overall better experience

I also like to watch it in HD on netflix on a high res CRT monitor tho

Just started to get into TOS after not being able to get into it years ago.

Season 2 is a real treat; just finished watching By Any Other Name. It's still a bit dated but I think it's held together by the main three, the score and the stories from the first two seasons.

Just my 2 slips.

People who like Wrath of Khan clearly haven't actually watched TOS.

>hurr durr Kirk always got away scott free and never had to face death

Motherfucker who is Edith Keeler?

>By Any Other Name
Sequel never.

so can someone explain why the SJWs are mad at Shatner?

I like Wrath, but the original ST motion picture is the GOAT.

Both sides got mad because both sides wanted him to pick their side in the last election. He refused to vote for either Hillary or Trump because he's not a US citizen.

>By Any Other Name
>Kirk is unwilling to blow up the Enterprise even to stop an intergalactic invasion

>Let That Be Your Last Battlefield
>Kirk is willing to blow up the Enterprise just to stop one guy from transporting another guy to their home planet

Season 2 versus Season 3

What are the odds that Shatner is posting in this thread right now?

implying that's a valid excuse

Its almost midnight on the west coast so hes been asleep for 4 hours.

Spock's death is ultimately pointless and the reason for it is nonsensical. Couldn't they have just sent a red shirt in there? Or maybe somebody worthless like Chekov?

But it's probably Shatner's finest hour as Kirk. His reading of Spock's eulogy is heartbreaking and it makes me cry like a little bitch when his voice breaks. Watching the movies fresh off TOS for the first time and getting to the end of WoK crushed me. Even though it ends on a positive note, with another wonderful line from the Shat.

>Young. I feel young.

sick bait, i'll take it

>Couldn't they have just sent a red shirt in there? Or maybe somebody worthless like Chekov?
Only a half-Vulcan could survive long enough to finish the repairs.