Alien Covenant: What went wrong edition

So let me get this straight, the entire premise of this movie is that advanced human faring civilization doesn't have basic biological or hazmat containment protocols in place when ADVENTURING ON A FUCKING WEIRD UNKNOWN ALIEN WORLD. ABSOLUTELY NO NEED FOR MASKS OR SUITS GUYS.

Film was literally unwatchable from this point onwards.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XeMVrnYNwus
youtube.com/watch?v=EkXgRlRao5I
youtube.com/watch?v=wK8kK4hY6PA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

something something hubris
something Jesus creator and God stuff

It's literally the same movie as Prometheus but worse. Magneto was good though.

Don't worry, they brought guns. There isn't any problem you can't solve with a gun.

>Crazed robot already lied about city being safe
>Captain witnessed crazed robot talking to alien
>Captain sees his decapitated crew member
>Come with me Captain
>Look at these slimy eggs
>"Are they safe?"
>"Yes"
>"oh ok"

you forgot the part where tin man explains that he has been creating the creatures and perfecting them, but that he is missing one crucial element, to a man who knows that these creatures are parasitic and are born out of host animals which have already all been driven to extinction. so look in the egg bro :^)

>Look at these slimy eggs
>"Are they safe?"
>"Yes"
>"oh ok"

>When you were hoping it wouldn't the obvious twist

>Muh late to the party post after webdl/bluray rip is released
>VLC

Why would I pay to see a bad film user?

but we already know the alien survives so the twist is assured even when you're hoping it won't happen. it literally can't end with all the aliens being killed and the humans escaping. it's a common problem with prequels

How did you know it was bad until you watched it?

David and his eggs could have been left on the planet and perhaps gotten off another way, he did have a working spaceship in the flashback.

Its still fairly unclear what planet the original Alien takes place on since there's so many candidates right now.

>Exploring weird alien world with no suits
>weird white aliens have been attacking us, I'm gonna go wash up by myself
>Alien killed that one woman and the rest find out.
>they decide to leave but split up again while they search for the captain

I actually only go to the cinema about once a year. I have a comfy giant tv why would I pay to see something that isn't a masterpiece?

Was there a special reason for why the eggs were so much bigger than usual?

What did David do all his experimentation on? I thought he wiped out all animal life on the planet when he dropped the bombs.

What did he do to Shaw?

You didn't know how it was until the credits rolled.

>Autism

The medbay scene was pretty cool.

Reviews

nigger I pirated this shit too, there's no reason to be dishonest about piracy

Its ok slowpoke, maybe some anons will still reply to your thread months after all discussions have been made here, maybe you can check some achieves to see what was already said.

>You're only allowed to talk about a film if you PAID to see it at the designated time
>Paying to post
>Paying
>To
>Post
>$10

>Paying
You could've downloaded a camrip if you wanted to talk in the heat of the moment, but its ok, not all slowpokes want to do that right?

>We didn't get this film

youtube.com/watch?v=XeMVrnYNwus

>We didn't get 5 minutes of exposition

youtube.com/watch?v=EkXgRlRao5I

It gets even worse.

They find wheat and the entire crew basically throws out a couple of lines about it and don't ponder it any further.

Then they find an alien ship and after saying a couple of lines about it don't ponder it any further.

Then they find an entire alien city and kind of don't really think too hard about it.

Then they find a crazy android and they don't really think too hard about trusting him.

They just want to go back to the ship so they can continue their mission.

The whole thing is basically as if some rudimentary AI shat out an Alien script based on generic parameters

Go talk to actual scientist.

A organism that didn't develop on earth has about zero chance of infecting us due to how our immune system responds.

You mean the ship that he crashed that they stumble upon before finding the city?

Don't be dense.

Any lifeform that can be inhaled and thrives in nutrient-rich environments can multiply inside you and fuck you up in various ways.

And that's ignoring various airborne toxic materials that might not be lifeforms at all.

Pockets of toxic gas or pathogens can be localized and impossible to detect just from the ship's immediate surroundings.

Not to mention that in the movie itself THEY STEP ON A BAD FUNGUS AND IT INFECTS THEM, you dimwit.

>I know how alien organisms work

Shit user you should tell the world, you've proven alien life exists.

So like

did the movie at least hint or offer a way to understand how he got those eggs? Cause people talk about a Queen all the time, but maybe he did it like the Alien cocoon in Alien 1?

What the fuck am I saying, right, chestbursters are now Xenomorph Mini-Me's from birth, lel

toxins are another kettle of fish - those can fuck you up.

However actual pathogens - be viral, bacterial, fungal, or so on, has to have proteins that are close enough to the human norm to allow for infection. Alien life would be alien, and it would be like humans getting infected by a plant illness, which doesn't happen as we are too dissimilar.

The risks are if it produces a toxin, or if it causes such a strong immune response that your own immune system attacks healthy parts of the body.

The "Getting infected by alien pathogen" is a trope that is as old as science fiction. It is the major plot point for War of the Worlds after all. That said, the actual reality is that a alien life form would end up being too alien to infect you.

>THEY STEP ON A BAD FUNGUS
It's not a fungus. It's an egg cluster. David says it to the cap'n right before the egg scene.

>the canisters atomize in the atmosphere releasing the eggs which instantly hatch
>the resulting creatures (the microscopic bugs) swarm in and attack everyone
>some people are turned into that liquid goo, some are fossilized, others mutate and some become incubators for and birth differing kinds of neomorphs

Pathogens that infect humans come from species that are close to us - mammals mostly.

The chances that a alien species is going to be close genetically to humans is about nill.

But keep bitching about stuff you don't know about and sounding like a idiot who anyone who studies infectious illnesses as their life's work.

It's obvious the eggs are actually Dr Shaws ovum, mutated with the virus. You see her dissected corpse, sans her womb, and then the drawing of her undergoing initial transformation

>once all life in the immediate area is extinguished or infected, the organisms hibernate until prey approaches, hence why the spores were released when he trod on them

anyways, it 1 am in Atlanta, so night all

>Assumptions the post

Also the Engineers literally created the Human race from their own DNA, and the black goo is designed to kill them.

ok thats messed up, but thx m8

I am rather sure he is talking about reality, and not some space fantasy series that hasn't had a good entry since the early 1980s

A FUCKING HELMET

>Spend two minutes on the fate of the Engineers and show some drawings of Shaw mutilated and a corpse on a table that looks nothing like her.

Fuck this movie.

And like all interesting parts of this movie, it ended up on the cutting room floor.

He's hypothesizing, we can't really know how we'd react to alien biology since we haven't y'know, interacted with any.

Davids entire arc about Shaw and his love for her was so stupid. If Prometheus were more fleshed out it would've made more sense

But you see her corpse, and the camera even pans over her entire body, atleast on the rip I saw, which had korean subs and ads.

True.
>send bugbears into space on an un-shielded shuttle
>introduce them to differing radiations from space
>see how they mutate
>develop one that could carry an extinction level pathogen
>send it back to earth

Well not him, but I know a biology professor that basically said the same thing he said. He went on about infections would not be the issue, but invasive species.

There was much more in deleted scenes.

>So let me get this straight, the entire premise of this movie is that advanced human faring civilization doesn't have basic biological or hazmat containment protocols in place
It's like you've never seen those webms and gifs from China.

>I just caught the foreshadowing of Franco's fate in this prolouge

oh god this hurts

>When its never explained that the "aliens" wiped out by David are not in fact Engineers they are inferior human like creatures

Infections could happen.
Some flora, like those native to australia, only bloom and grow when they're subjected to fire.
If a foreign body with the same properties were to hitch a ride on a meteorite and the resulting entry into earths atmosphere "activated" it (for lack of a better term) and it landed, spawned etc, it could lead to infections in species on earth.

>i have a bad feeling about this planet
fuck you ridley scott

Do you happen to have the uploads of those? Some user said he'd do it in a thread

Or David is the original alien queen, and all these eggs came out right from his ass

What males u think that, at the end of Prometheus they say theyre going to the Engineer homeworld, has Ridly gone dull senile?

I wouldn't put it past scott to pull an ass jerk like this, but I highly doubt it. It would undermine davids thing with shaw even further

Aryan "true rules" Engineer
SubEngineers "happy " the nose knows" merchant" scum

this

watched it with my mommy, I had fun

>camrip
no reason to do that to yourself

well in the end he regurgitated them in those plastic bag things that the fetuses grow in, which i just realized he wouldn't have known about

>watched it with my mommy, I had fun
Did the exact same thing. She hates the alien series and horror in general, but enjoyed this

They told him they were carrying fetus' when they first settle into his "home" and in his specimen room you can see a few different varieties of species in the same holders his embryos are in

for

It was an above average sci fi movie with decent acting from Fassbender.

It just didn't give any answers to questions in Prometheus.

>Or David is the original alien queen, and all these eggs came out right from his ass
Mouth, not ass. One of the last scenes is literally David vomiting alien eggs.

i thought ridley said he didn't like the alien queen and so i took this movie as a massive retcon over aliens.
Also what the fuck happened, i thought Xenomorph's were meant to be intelligent. Shit was fucking dumb

Yes, but we get to listen about how smart Ridley Scott thinks he is through his Fassbender self insert.

>they slip on the same blood puddle
>twice

one thing that i personally liked in prometheus and covenant are the sets and environments and eh "world building"
the execution of the story was like watching a hangman game unfold with blacks playing
3 letterwords game that takes 4 hours to the unveiling of the word " ass "

seriously, i have seen more stupid shit make sense in videogames than ridley scotts shitty approved scripts

Yes, but they are small, to get these huge eggs,it was needed more time , a more natural process,and a super elastic composite anus.

>make a slapstick comedy
>call it horror

>Men are written to be as stupid as possible
>Women are stupid and get hysterical and emotional at the slightest thing

Pretty certain if they put the women back to sleep, everything would have been resolved pretty fast.

Everyone was just way too fucking stupid. That moron captain who followed the android, alone, without informing any other member of his team where he was going after he saw the android basically be indifferent to an alien murder his comrade, and expressly telling the android he didn't trust him, was fucking stupid.

>nothing on another planet can kill you because you have a different immune system duh!

I dont think thats how that works user. Couldn't this also theoretically work in the opposite direction and the pathogen has an increased effect because our immune system may be weaker?

This was the worst movie i've seen. It makes Prometheus look 'okay'.

There are so many logical gaps.

Why was there only a single person objecting to going to a completely unknown planet? Every one of these people are supposed to be screened for illogical behaviour. Every single person should have been put through tests that simulate crew deaths and the like.

The acting also felt way off even during the lead up to the first alien popping out.

Why was the black woman so fucking calm and stroking a dude who was twitching at 1000 miles an hour after being exposed to an unknown alien pathogen? Why did kate mara lock them both in like a fucking idiot?

laughed my fucking ass off, if it hadn't been for the rest of the movie i'd have thought it was a horror comedy

>Watching it with gf
>During medbay scene
>Woman screaming incoherently
>Slipping all over the place ends up blowing up the ship
>Gf turns to me
>"Jesus christ women are useless"

>Every one of these people are supposed to be screened for illogical behaviour. Every single person should have been put through tests that simulate crew deaths and the like.

>Warning taking ship past 80kms will result in structural failure
>Risk of entire mission failure
>2000 lives need to be protected
>TAKE ER DOWN I SAID BOY
>YEEEEEHAW

>solar explosion wakes up crew in the middle of nowhere
>they find a transmission coming from a planet they somehow managed to miss
>planet is perfect in every way
>enter "i have a really bad feeling about this" cliché

Did David rape Shaw?

Can someone explain to me what David meant to Daniels when he lunged at her and started kissing her desu?

Creepy af omg!

favorite scene

youtube.com/watch?v=wK8kK4hY6PA

did they explain what the bonus situation was?

>god makes man
>man makes robot
>robot makes synthetic life form that kills everything

>predator kills life form that kills everything
>predator kills predator

You can see the underside of his jaw a few minutes before hand, really made me mad that they would forget that bit of continuity

She sees him stapling his face back together.

After its been explicitly shown he regenerates.

It was a tense scene which I thought implied she knew and was going to do something.

But nope.

Same species but due to the heavy Roman inspirations in the design of the engineers I'd say it's a plebeian/patrician representation

BINGO! DINO DNA

the chick that got killed by the alien was super hot tho

He was going to force and embryo down her throat.

He regenerates but they still need to staple it so the regeneration can work properly.

It's like getting a really bad cut, stopping the bleeding, bandaging it, but not getting stitches, it might not heal properly, open again very easily or you get a nasty scar.

I guess they never explained how he cut his hand so perfectly like Walter.

It was just fucking shit

Except in this case it made things worse like blowing by the ship kek

I enjoyed it more than Prometheus but I can understand why people hated it.